Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Ah got it g7. I have not really thought about this setup or strategies at all. I don’t really “get” setups until I’m in the midst of playing them.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 872, Gentleman 5 wrote:Why do people honestly think scum would ever pair up with scum?

Other than being a stupidly ballsy gambit, its against scum wincon, no?
It isn't. They don't have to play 4p lylo if they get to the end together.
In post 873, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 862, Lady 7 wrote:I retract my earlier wooden feel on g7.

He’s cool.

G7 - why don’t you want to partner with someone too towny?
I don't feel like I'm too town read and what we need to win is to create as many strong T/T pairs as possible. If I'm scumread, it will potentially get someone who's well townread to die from being lynched or them leaving. I still want to pair with someone I consider town, to potentially help in solving, bit nit someone whow iso a consensus TR unless I am as well.
In post 872, Gentleman 5 wrote:Why do people honestly think scum would ever pair up with scum?

If they're both town read, I think it's reasonable. But at that point we're already in trouble.
Am I a joke to you?
In post 874, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 864, Lady 4 wrote:sick pocket L7 concerns
You seem like you’re dwelling. Way more often than not, the people who have these sick concerns in the early game get over it by the end of day one. Can’t promise that will happen here, but your concerns are misplaced.
I recognize this is a possibility.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Lady 4, what are your overall reads on me and g3? Are you looking to match him with someone else?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Rick*
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Lady 3 »

@lady 4 and me and rick*
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I do not think you have made a single alignment indicative post.

I do not have any particular partner in mind for him, nor do I have much of a read on him. Maybe slightly town. I'm not very focused on what partners happen other than my own, but I am observing *how* the partnerships happen with interest.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 75, Lady 4 wrote:I read Dawn's posts while pretending the smileys weren't there and I now like them. Also, this is weak but don't think using them is a quality scum tactic at first glance. It's bound to rub some the wrong way.
Should I desire to sway the tide without knowing quite why it rides, I would use words like the woman here, who holds Lady 5 a bit too dear.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 103, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 97, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 94, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 89, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 75, Lady 4 wrote:I read Dawn's posts while pretending the smileys weren't there and I now like them. Also, this is weak but don't think using them is a quality scum tactic at first glance. It's bound to rub some the wrong way.
People care about smiley use?

The use of smileys isn’t alignment indicative. That wasn’t even part of the critique.
Maybe not deliberately, but yes, I think small things like that affect people. I also think that avatars play into reads on a subconscious level.

At least one person mentioned it.
I would think the smiley's would be a pre-decided roleplay quirk regardless of alignment. The potentially AI part was the asking if the quirk bothered anyone.
Possibly. And I can see the latter as appeasing.

The more significant part of 75 was that I think their posts are town aside from this issue anyhow.
Of what, at this point, did the lady see, that made her think of 5 as clean?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 141, Gentleman 6 wrote:I'm confused as to why you townread Lady 4 because I think she's been the only person I outright scumread so far.
Of one mind, you and I, but where are all the others?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 146, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 141, Gentleman 6 wrote:I'm confused as to why you townread Lady 4 because I think she's been the only person I outright scumread so far.
Despite her overly conciliatory posting earlier, she's going against the grain on the Lady 5 read in a way that reads genuine to me. Also, snark in #68. Maybe my weakest town read so far but still edging there.
I must disagree with that which is quoted above.
If my reasoning is a mystery, I would be more than willing to discuss, but it appears to be apparent to me that this conclusion might have already been reached.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:53 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I'll just wait for you to catch up and see if you still feel your questions are necessary before I start responding to old news.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 885, Lady 4 wrote:I'll just wait for you to catch up and see if you still feel your questions are necessary before I start responding to old news.
The question I asked you has much purpose -- of that you can be reassured. Doubtful, I am, that it will lose it's meaning by the time I have caught up to all the rhyme and reason of the thread.
To respond or not, this is your prerogative, but I would prefer it if you chose to the positive.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Lady 4 »

I already answered that question in . Was my answer not satisfactory?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 226, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 223, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 220, Lady 9 wrote:VOTE: Gent 4
Lady 9, who do you townread?
My strongest town reads are probably Lady 7 and Lady 8.

To a lesser extent I've liked Lady 3, Gentleman 6, and Lady 4.

That's roughly in order. I need more gentleman reads.
Why is your Lady 7 town read stronger than your Gentleman 6 town read?
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 876, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 873, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 862, Lady 7 wrote:I retract my earlier wooden feel on g7.

He’s cool.

G7 - why don’t you want to partner with someone too towny?
I don't feel like I'm too town read and what we need to win is to create as many strong T/T pairs as possible. If I'm scumread, it will potentially get someone who's well townread to die from being lynched or them leaving. I still want to pair with someone I consider town, to potentially help in solving, bit nit someone whow iso a consensus TR unless I am as well.

If they're both town read, I think it's reasonable. But at that point we're already in trouble.
Am I a joke to you?
I actually missed your previous post, sorry.

I assume this was about my 'unexplained' L8 townread? I mostly think that she's been posting from a town mindset.
But if you want me to explain more:
-I feel like she's posting naturally and isn't really holding back at calling things towny or scummy.
-I generally agree with her mechanical reasoning
(oh, no, I said 'mechanical' again)

-Her treatment on L5 feels like it came from a way that was real (not overly treating her as scum for her entrance, but gradually evolving in to a more scummy read)
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 887, Lady 4 wrote:I already answered that question in . Was my answer not satisfactory?
No. Not only because 21 and 24 were ones that felt especially unnatural from the fifth lady, but also because later in the game you imply she's one of your only strong town reads (post ) after she hasn't posted significantly for several pages. In fact, I don't really see many posts coming from lady five after your quoted explanation that really explain having a strong town read on her at that point, which is why I'm asking for more explanation.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I think it would be good for me to have a partner early, and I think of the ladies, three is best for me.

So, my dear, I'd like to re-extend my offer.

Lady 3, dance with me?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

Yet, as my hand I extend, my heart is filled with fear.
Does she love me for me, does she hold me dear?
Or is the wealth in my bank the object of her gain?
Perhaps more information I should obtain.

But of the partners I see beyond,
Only she is the the morning dawn.
For while my read on her is weak,
Chemistry is more what I seek.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

Also because the poetry is uninspired, I'm just going to outright say a few things:

1. I'm currently on Page 15 and I still like Lady 3. She's not my strongest town read, but I think she's town.
2. A lot of the Ladies are looking particularly undesirable.
3. Of the Ladies I have town reads on, I think Lady 3 is the best match for the way I'm approaching this game.
4. I'd like to match somewhat early just because it would be really nice to be able to discuss my reads with someone else, and based of what I've seen from Lady 3, as long as she has things to add in the PT, I think I have a solid chance of getting a good read on her.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 860, Gentleman 7 wrote:I feel like my stronger lady townreads (L7, sort of L4) are too towny
I meant to ask about this earlier, why is L4 listed as sort of and not the other way around? I didn't think you had that much of a town read on me, and I thought that L4 was more widely town read than me in general.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 890, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 887, Lady 4 wrote:I already answered that question in . Was my answer not satisfactory?
No. Not only because 21 and 24 were ones that felt especially unnatural from the fifth lady, but also because later in the game you imply she's one of your only strong town reads (post ) after she hasn't posted significantly for several pages. In fact, I don't really see many posts coming from lady five after your quoted explanation that really explain having a strong town read on her at that point, which is why I'm asking for more explanation.
I don't really have more. I can say gut in 100+ words if that helps. And I've mellowed out severely on that read since.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 895, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 890, Gentleman 4 wrote:
I don't really have more. I can say gut in 100+ words if that helps. And I've mellowed out severely on that read since.
I understand.

In further news, I need to interact directly with Lady 8 to read her better, I think. There are a lot of people I want more from (updated list coming soon) as of Page 20, but I will note that I have not read (merely skimmed) any of Lady 2's posts. I plan to do that some other day when I have a full 24 hours off of work, am snowed in, and have nothing else I am capable of doing. Kidding. But I will catch up on her later.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I'm caught up.

I have a lot to say but not really a lot I want to share with the entirety of the game. I think optimally Lady 3 wants to dance and is a lot more active when we're alone than in public, because there are several things I'd like to discuss.

In addition there are several posts I have specifically not read yet (or merely skimmed), but I very much intend to do so later, including just about every one of Lady 2's posts, however I think the best course of action for me right now is to be present in the game thread so I am capable of fleshing out the reads I have.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Thank you so much for dropping the poetry speak. It was very hard to get a feel for you.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I figured it would be at least somewhat. How are you?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”