NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I still don't know what you meant Vorkuta. I'm just pretending to.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 453, Almost50 wrote:
In post 349, Gamma Emerald wrote:Just wait until a replacement blows the place up
You know it’s gonna happen
Ah! You mean a little white monkey with 2 gallons of gasoline and a set of matches?

you have a point
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 459, Almost50 wrote:@Nor: There are a whole lot more explanations for it, both from a Town PoV or from Scum PoV. Like, maybe he forgot about his read on Layla? That would have been a good explanation, but he didn't say that. (That was for Town). For Scum, how about he voted and realized he was voting next to his scum p, or there were 2 scums already on the wagon and he was the third, or hr forgot the partner he voted was the stronger Scum PR... I could go on, you know.

But what bothers me more is you making a big deal of it. I have yet to even vote either of you, Luca or Tea. I have
just now
finished catching up. I'm still undecided on which of you is the scummiest, and I haven't yet considered which lynch would yield more info. Also, it takes 10 to lynch and the largest wagon is only halfway through. What exactly is your problem with my expressed reads?

I also still have no reads on 5 slots (namely; Pm/Wake/FM/Billy/Dunn), so I'm far from decided on a lynch.
Could you vote at least?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 464, Vorkuta wrote: I'm always down to policy drunken monkey for existing and because I don't want to put up with his screeching, but he can stay for now
Bleurgh
I’m like the one person who is vaguely consistent at reading A50 well so we are not policy lynching him while I am in the game
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 470, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 468, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Vork what are you talking about? D1 modifier?
Yes
I super doubt this. The benefit of the greylist being canned is that if a role isn’t explicitly possible in a Normal game, there’s no more need for guessing games. I don’t think there are any Day roles currently in Normal games that need N0 powers.
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Wake88 (5): Luca Blight, Dunnstral, davesaz, Zote the Mighty, PMysterious
Tea (3): Reundo, Gamma Emerald, NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE (3): splitfarvle, Billy Pilgrim, Tea
Vorkuta (2): Layla, Wake88
Luca Blight (1): Chemist1422
Gamma Emerald (1): Fish Monger
Dunnstral (1): Vorkuta

Not Voting (2): Almost50, Flavor Leaf

###

Wake wagon: I don't fully understand this one because i'm not really seeing why Wake is scum. I don't have much more to say about it, nor do i get why it's got the most votes so far.

Tea wagon: It died down, but Tea is still looking kinda scummy, and lately he's been inactive... avoiding questions... yada yada. As i'm standing i think this is my most preferred lynch so far.

Norwegianboy wagon: THIS WAGON SUCKS!

Vorkuta wagon: The main problem i have with Vorkuta right now is that he seems to be much more low-key than his scumplay in haunted village where he was very active and even said shit like "apathetic town loses games!" yeah brilliant Vork. I'm not sure if the difference here is that he has a more subdued townplay or he is trying a different scum tactic of just staying low and not being the center of attention.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Tea »

This really is the textbook definition of saving a lynch.

You're going for the next easiest option (me) while trying to leave Wake as a viable option and not completely destroy it
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Anyone who isn't voting one of the three main wagons ought to do so.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I think Wake's response to his wagon was scummy; to not challenge, analyse or indeed do anything to progress the game reads as scum who are trying to not look defensive or draw attention to themselves. It makes it look like his previous 'sorting', which I called surface-level beyond belief, were just fabrications - because as soon as he's called out on it he ceases to do these things and just retreats into his shell, which is not Townie behaviour.
In post 433, Wake1 wrote:Day 1 is just crazed paranoia and I can't deal with it, and if you want to lynch me for that and take a gamble go ahead.
This pings me. '
Take a gamble'
seems like a subtle, disingenuous form of defence where he's trying to plant a seed of doubt in people's minds - it feels like a bluff. Why isn't he considering that scum might be pushing his wagon, which of course wouldn't be a gamble at all as they'd already know his alignment?
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Tea »

I think Luca's recent posting is really towny.
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Reundo »

I've been steadily reading through the game but haven't had a whole lot of time or motivation to post, but I'm feeling more in the swing of things now. I agree with most of the points made against Wake in Luca's/Zote's ISO dives, essentially not much more than surface reads and observations. His defense in basically deflects every question/inquiry towards him with a blanket "I suck at D1 so either deal with it or lynch me," which is really pitiful and counter productive. Why post anything at all if you're not even going to defend or explain yourself? You can't claim you hate D1 while at the same time participating in a decent chunk of it and refusing to address a single point made against your posts. Even if you do suck at D1 at least try to clear up why you made the posts you did, other then "I can't handle the speculation." I'm good with this wagon.

VOTE: Wake88

Also liked Luca's recent post as well, he sums it up pretty nice. Leaning town on him.
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by Tea »

"I suck at D1 so fuck it" is objectively anti town sooo
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Reundo »

Tea, why are you voting Norwegian over Wake? Like, could you explain the scum motivation behind Norwegian's play overall, because I don't really see it.
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by Tea »

Wake is playing antitown vs scummy
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by Tea »

I guess that'd be the best I'm able to word that for now, I'll try to elaborate when I find time to

Thoughts on norwegian are coming in a couple mins
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Tea »

In post 23, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Vorkuta is good at hyperposting as scum.
VOTE: Vorkuta
Take my "random" vote. ;)
In post 29, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 24, Vorkuta wrote:I'm good at pretending to generate "good" content.
This game.. I actually have to generate GOOD content.
Show me that good content boii.
Cus i'm not trusting you after that whole "pocketing" stunt ya pulled earlier.
In post 30, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 14, Layla wrote:VOTE: davesaz because his username doesn't start with a capital letter. splitfarve doesn't either but I only have one vote.
Layla's RVS vote has too much justification behind it. Only scum cares about justifying and "explaining" their RVS vote.
Like I feel like as scum he makes an obligatory "lol im so funny" post and then gets too serious too quick

Take open 767 as a comparison
In post 16, NorwegianboyEE wrote:9/11 confirmed lol.

[Mod edit: NorwegianBoy has been banned from the game. Not appropriate]
In post 30, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 9, Menalque wrote:
HOW DO WE SOLVE THIS GAME?
By people actually talking hopefully.
Anyway there's not much to comment on atm so i suppose i'll need to create some content myself.
I don't really know anyone here other than Mutantdevle whom i've played mafia games with on another site. I hope he's actually town so we can play on the same side for once, i've had to make him my enemy for so many mafia games in the past. Mutant, plz be town.

Why would Titus and Dongo vote to lynch the cute cat Joey? Just why? :c
In post 64, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mutant’s logic in voting for Pisskop is indeed stretching it. But that doesn’t make him scummy like Joey suggests. I think Mutant is just trying to create content for us so we can make a proper judgement about who’s acting scummy. The game is in too early of a stage for that vote to actually be serious.
UNVOTE:
Meanwhile in open 765 he doesn't do anything close
In post 7, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Hello everyone, i don't know anyone here. But i'll do my best.
In post 32, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Just so everyone is in the clear, i've read the setup and while i really don't understand a single thing about the "points mechanic" i did gather from the setup that we are informed about who the mafia roles are already.
So Baezu has already told us in the second post which mafia roles are in the game:
In post 2, Baezu wrote:- The undead role are Zombie, Witch and Ghoul
This means (If i'm understanding this right) that the mafia has looked at the townie power roles and decided they want the 2 specific roles. (Putting aside the generic goon which is called "ghoul" in this setup)

- Zombie
Will always resurrect the next day if lynched. Can only be permanently killed by other means.

- Witch
Basically the mafia rolecop.

(Please explain to me if i misunderstood something.)
In post 41, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Almost 14 days left before deadline. How much of that time are we using before the lynch i wonder? Seems a bit hasty to start voting already so early, but if it puts pressure on players i’m all for it.
VOTE: benhalkum
Like I know this seems based off of meta but the takeaway is that he's trying to artificially establish a presence in a scum-motivated way without really getting called out/noticed for it

And meta is just because he might go "Oh I'm not the kind of guy to do this stuff!" which I really don't want to deal with, so here it is
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Tea »

In post 69, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 62, davesaz wrote:Tea's is casting shade on what look to me to be a couple of good leads.
Tea would be a good vote but I think the careful play by Norwegian is scummier.
VOTE: Norwegian
What careful play lol.
In post 70, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 67, Luca Blight wrote:The whole
'crafting an RVS vote before getting a role PM
' thing seems weird to me, though. I could see this being a lie, because I can't imagine why anyone would make an RVS post before the game has even opened.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Layla
This is a good point^
In post 77, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 74, Tea wrote:Like... I'm pretty sure Norwegian is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing yall vote Layla.
Nice narrative you're trying to build there.

Perhaps i should do the same?
Tea is most definitely breathing a sigh of relief here at the possibility of turning the vote away from his scumpartner and shading a town slot instead.
In post 98, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The difficult thing about this setup is that i'm most definitely going to forget at least a couple of people here, especially the inactive ones. So if they're scum they can just coast along undetected because there are so many distractions.
In post 126, NorwegianboyEE wrote:He only has 8 posts total on his profile. I have no idea what his meta is.
In post 175, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 144, Flavor Leaf wrote:i have a weird gut feeling we hit scum in Tea for completely wrong reasons and now we’re in a holding pattern because scum’s awkward.

I don’t actually have a Tea read myself
Actually re-reading the game. This post is BIG yikes! Holy shit.
And holy shit

Like yes there's "all over the place" solving as town (RC comes as a pretty big example) but this is like "oh I'll be able to setup/turn to anyone I need to" and it feels like he's keeping his options open instead of trying to keep his mind open.
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by Reundo »

Mmm, I'm not really convinced by the "meta" part of your case. Like, that's only 3 games, I don't think that's enough for an accurate meta comparison. Plus it seems like Open 765 was one of his first games on-site, so I don't know how representative it is of his current play.

As far as the second post goes, I don't really see what you're getting at. Like I guess I can technically see it as setting people up but that's not the first conclusion I'd come to when reading those posts and it seems like a bit of a stretch, and to me it looks more like ordinary scum-hunting / engagement, so I don't see how it's setting people up exclusively. Like I could easily see those posts coming from town, so I don't see how it's particularly scum-indicative. Also don't really get the distinction between "keeping his options open" and "keeping his mind open"?

Was gonna post more tonight but it's late now, so I'll get to this more tomorrow hopefully.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm starting to re-consider my NorwegianBoyEE view. Ive played with him before when he was Town and he was similar in terms of his activity and not being overly serious, but looking back at that game he definitely showed more care in sorting people than he's doing here. It feels like he's being more floaty, which doesn't seem out of place with his scum meta, at a glance.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: NorwegianBoyEE
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 455, Almost50 wrote:
In post 424, Luca Blight wrote:Why is it scummy to suddenly have a change of heart?
Because it's a
sudden
change of heart. It feels as if it came off the left side, as if you realized you made a mistake and tried to correct it immediately. Maybe I'm not explaining it the way I should, so just accept that I think it was unwarranted. I had expected you to either stay on Tea for some time (if only for a test reaction) or to have not voted him in the first place.

Like, what if I voted you right now, only to unvote and vote elsewhere (say between Wake/Tea/Nor) in my very next post? How would you feel about me in that hypothetical situation?
Having scanned through the thread I thought Tea was the scummiest at the time, but when I had time to digest what I'd read I thought the Layla thing seemed like it could be a lie. Would it have been townier of me to keep this progression of thought to myself instead of sharing it?

As for your hypothetical situation, it would entirely depend on whether I could follow your thought-progression on your change. If it seemed natural I might have TR you for it, if it didn't then I might have had the opposite view.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 413, Almost50 wrote:
In post 67, Luca Blight wrote:The whole
'crafting an RVS vote before getting a role PM
' thing seems weird to me, though. I could see this being a lie, because I can't imagine why anyone would make an RVS post before the game has even opened.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Layla
I liked you for the post just before this none and was getting ready to move your name to the Town leans group, but this brought you back to the middle group of nulls. It's not scummy it itself, but you voted Tea so I got the impression you were all caught up until that point, so why did you suddenly have that change of heart?

Although, going back to your original post, I'm wondering why exactly you were about to TL me for my first post?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Your meta case is trash Tea.
I don’t know what else to say. :shifty:
Like if you’re going to not look at my behaviour objectively and just case me on meta and claim i’m scum for it then you’re really not taking your read on me seriously.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There’s too many people in this game for me to case perfectly. I’m fine with getting voted as long as long as it’ll ultimately help the town catch scum. But god that case Tea has on me is so horrendous. What you’re doing is look at my posts and apply them to your own already established narrative, but it’s simply wrong. I’m wondering if you’re a town grasping at straws here or whether it feels so artificial because you’re scum attempting to metanalyze.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I get the feeling town is completely on the wrong track right now. If people could start posting their townreads that would be great.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”