Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Lady 7 »

It's pretty skeevy to act like you're above suspicion because dead town said you're town especially when if I'm not mistaken was based on thinking he knew your main. And placing that blind trust to just call you town because dead town said so in an alt game no less is dangerous.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3984, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 3978, Lady 7 wrote:Actual footage of g2 at a party.

Sorry, I'm the kinda guy who will try a few times to break into the conversation organically and then when that turns out to be unsuccessful I usually act out a bit because I'm a baby and need to control my emotions better then I calm down and make good faith efforts to build bridges with people or lean on someone as a crutch but after getting ignored enough times and literally seeing my posts disappear in an ever growing thread I lose interest and therefore desire to post its especially exasperating when your dance partner claims to be as unsure of everything going on as like the 3rd person to hold this slot which i find curious.

I know people think l9 could be scum, i dont think thats a bad read.

Knwoing that, where should I be looking for todays lynch?
I'm sorry that you feel left out! I don't think I was around when you popped in to talk to people, but I'm sorry if I was and ignored you.

L9 seems uncertain of what's going on?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I trust G6 to be right more than I trust any living player, I'll tell you that right now.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

At this point there's no reason not to pick a plan and hope for the best. We don't get any more useful information between now and the end of the game.

So while I'm not 100% confident that L6 is town, it seems like the best bet.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3995, Lady 2 wrote:Hm. Did she seem annoyed that people were scumreading your slot or just general "you aren't around" complaining?
Both. There was a fair share of "You gonna get me lynched!" and a fair share of "I can't win without a partner to help convince people!"

New lady 5 has come to pretty much the same headspace I'm at though, afaict. We haven't talked much there, but they seem to agree wrt G3/G7 interactions.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3987, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 3983, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 3981, Lady 7 wrote:Soooo the game is pretty stagnant, we haven’t come to a decision for a lynch, and I do t think I’m in a town/town pair anyway. I’m seriously considering leaving tonight before I head to bed. That gives you guys 3 days and a couple flips to work with.
Don't, I will go instead.
I don't know for sure, I feel bad because what if I'm wrong and G1 is Town but honestly I do trust you L7 and I think G1 is more likely scum than G7. I would hate to be wrong though! I agree that the game seems like an uphill battle from here at best and it would feel really terrible to not even force out one scum but I do actually think G1 is more likely scum than G7.

Still want L9 gone. I guess if I'm wrong and G1 is Town then I don't even know, but certainly if he's scum that pair will have to go.

I hope you recover well from your cold.

Edit: I won't leave for the next 12 hours which I guess means I
will
leave tomorrow morning unless there's a very compelling reason not to do so. Sound good?
I just don't really know. I was suspicious of G7 early on, but then he made a couple posts I thought were better, but I just don't get many town feels there. He just doesn't feel town. The day of the first dance, I checked into the qt to say hi and that Monday was busy for me and I'd not likely be around. He viewed it but didn't check in himself, which I thought seemed like maybe he was nervous and didn't know what to post. L3 told him that I was going to give him an update (I'm not sure why L3 told him that really) and he said okay I'll keep refreshing the page. But didn't say to her that I'd already checked in and said I wouldn't be around, and he didn't ask me for the update I was apparently going to give him. I kept checking from work to see if he was around and wanted to chat and noticed the numbers kept going up, so I posted something about that. Quite frankly it was weirding me out because the views kept rising with no comments, so I wondered if mafia got the qt to look at for all their pairs. Anyway, he did respond to that with some reads, which sounded fine. (Though he did have G3 as a light dunno town read, which somewhat reads weird now with how confident he is on that read.)

After the town implosion, I posted a couple times about my reaction to the implosion, and he responded, but he threw in a hopefully you're town remark, which just felt weird in the post. Like it felt like when your neighbor is scum and they're trying to make it look like they're reading you and are paranoid but something feels off about that? '

We haven't really talked much in the qt, but it just felt off from the start.

See so that's nothing really tangible, just a kind of sense that he's trying to post what he thinks town him would post like rather than him being town and posting. Oh he also thought that G6 looked scummy because he thought L8 was probably scum but didn't want to leave the dance until second dance after he caught scum, which also felt like a bit of fake paranoia.

So yeah I just really don't know and maybe my concerns there are silly but it feels really unlikely I'm with town right now.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 4002, Gentleman 3 wrote:I trust G6 to be right more than I trust any living player, I'll tell you that right now.
He's dead now, you don't have to keep kissing his ass >>
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I'm teasing by the way.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Lady 7 »

BUT I don't really care too much if you're using it for back up on your read on L6, but it feels like you're using it to say that we're not allowed to suspect you which is what feels skeevy.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I said no such thing; it's not as if I could ever claim to have the ability to stop people from suspecting me. It's clearly the highest percentage move from my point of view. It's not clearly so from everyone else's, but I think it probably is anyway.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

What's your read on L2?

Why are you tr-ing L6?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 4003, Gentleman 3 wrote:At this point there's no reason not to pick a plan and hope for the best. We don't get any more useful information between now and the end of the game.
Also, wdym with this?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

L2 is a moderate townlean, increased recently because of her offer to leave, but I was never that focused on reading her since she was always townier than G1.

I am sheeping G6 and L8 on L6.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 4011, Gentleman 8 wrote:Also, wdym with this?
At this point scum have probably decided who they think is most likely to endgame and they won't make an effort to save their other members, meaning we can't draw any conclusions from who does or doesn't want to lynch whom.

Our wincon is to have a T/T pair survive, plain and simple, so we should be picking the most likely T/T pair and killing everyone else.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 3879, Gentleman 3 wrote:There's almost certainly no higher EV play than trusting G6 and leaving my couple alive, by the way. We've pretty much lost any hope of playing this game in any sort of reasonable way and so I'm willing to just bite the bullet and say we lose if L6 is scum.

But you certainly feel that way when you make posts like this. So maybe you're not saying hey guys g6 is the best scumhunter that ever lived and he said I'm town and don't lynch me so you can't do it or you'll hear about it in end game, it feels like you're doing that.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I mean there's no formal difference between what you're saying and me saying "you shouldn't lynch me," something which I certainly have the right to say. It sounds like the difference is that what you're accusing me of has an emotional appeal involved (such as the implicit threat of G6 being disappointed or mad), but I don't really see what's leading you to the conclusion that I've made such an appeal. The only emotional appeal in that quoted post was me expressing frustration that the game went the way it did.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Lady 7 »

and maybe it would be pretty ballsy of you to say what you actually said if you are scum, and maybe if you were scum you'd play down your approach of just making it to endgame, but it just really feels wrong.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 4015, Gentleman 3 wrote:I mean there's no formal difference between what you're saying and me saying "you shouldn't lynch me," something which I certainly have the right to say. It sounds like the difference is that what you're accusing me of has an emotional appeal involved (such as the implicit threat of G6 being disappointed or mad), but I don't really see what's leading you to the conclusion that I've made such an appeal. The only emotional appeal in that quoted post was me expressing frustration that the game went the way it did.
I don't think you're making an emotional appeal. It sounds more like an appeal to authority. It's something scum do pretty often in endgame when they're being suspected..."dead town read me so I'm town." (And yes, I'm perfectly aware town do it too.)
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 4013, Gentleman 3 wrote:At this point scum have probably decided who they think is most likely to endgame and they won't make an effort to save their other members, meaning we can't draw any conclusions from who does or doesn't want to lynch whom.
But there's no information to be gleaned based on who WAS defending which pairs if we flip scum?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Lady 5 »

VOTE: Gentleman 3

I'm fine with this.

I will be back later.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Lady 7 »

It's just that I don't know. I don't quite trust you, and I'm not going to just trust G6 either. I'm sure he's a great scumhunter, but I'm an adult with a mind of my own and not too shabby myself. Well in my day I wasn't, we'll have to see if the rust shakes off and what I'm like then. BUT I'm not at the point where I'm like YES they're town and a town pair I trust.

But I also don't care a whole heck of a lot because I don't think this game is winnable, except for maybe if you are a t/t pair?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:53 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 4017, Lady 7 wrote:I don't think you're making an emotional appeal. It sounds more like an appeal to authority.
Appeal to authority is "Person of authority X believes Y, so it must be true." I'm saying "Person of authority X believes Y, so it's more likely to be true." That's not a fallacy.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 4018, Gentleman 8 wrote:But there's no information to be gleaned based on who WAS defending which pairs if we flip scum?
In theory, there might be, but the vast majority of discussion thus far has involved at least one pair that's dead. I'm sure as hell not going to wade through the game looking for anything that could be of use.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 4021, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 4017, Lady 7 wrote:I don't think you're making an emotional appeal. It sounds more like an appeal to authority.
Appeal to authority is "Person of authority X believes Y, so it must be true." I'm saying "Person of authority X believes Y, so it's more likely to be true." That's not a fallacy.
I don't care that you're using it to base your read on L6.

I care that it looks like you're using it to make people think you're town. What our whole conversation is about.

It does not matter to me if you say I'm sheeping dead town G6 on L6 because I trust that he can read her and I have no read.

I care that it feels like you're trying to apply it to your pair as a whole. Like we should trust you because G6 did. That's my problem.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

You should trust me MORE than you would otherwise, because G6 did.

Whether that's enough to let my pair live to endgame is up to you. In my opinion, since the alternatives are pretty bad, it is.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”