Micro 898 | Forest Fire | Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:16 am

Post by january »

In post 1466, Pyrrha Nikos wrote: My issue with a lot of his posts, is he keeps saying things that sound contradictory. Like, “people will listen” once he’s flipped - clearly implying that he’s correct on my being scum, then his comment about people calling him “bad town”, implies that he’s wrong on me.

Because if he was right, no one would be calling him bad town for that. This post says to me that he is acknowledging trying to push a mislynch on me. If he really thought I was scum, he wouldn’t then make that comment about people calling him “bad town”. Therefore I view his comment about people listening to him when he flips as disingenuous.

The thing is, if he really is “bad town” here and not scum, where is the self-awareness of that? I really don’t see any. It does definitely seem to me that he doesn’t honestly believe in his sr on me.
1. clearly he thinks he's correct on his read? not sure if anyone would make a confident read and then say they think they're wrong lol
2. he's saying that people will call him bad town and ignore his read. that's not him saying he thinks he's wrong. he's saying that OTHER PEOPLE will say he's wrong and ignore him. i think you're completely misreading everything at this point. it seems extremely clear to me that he's saying "i know Pyrrha is mafia but people will ignore me after they lynch me"
3. why would he need to be self-aware of being "bad town"?? most people don't think they're bad but that doesn't mean they're mafia...
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:19 am

Post by january »

anyone wanna read my penguino case or comment or something i put so much work into it

bc i seriously have no idea how penguin is townread and i really want to know
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

Penguin, what's your read on the january/Psyche slot?

January, I'm not ignoring your Penguin case but I'm taking my time with responding to it because it's a holiday weekend and I imagine the game is gonna be pretty dead anyway.

I think it's a good case despite my previously stated town lean on Penguin. I've for the most part been content to give him a pass because I haven't really had the emotional energy to fight Pyrrha on yet another town read of hers, and there have been other scummier slots up until now, but it's a slot worth looking at. Thanks for taking the time to case it, I'll have more to say later.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:11 am

Post by the worst »

Official Vote Count 3.10

LynchingWith 7 votes in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Banakai
(2): Pyrrha Nikos, Banakai

Not Voting
(5): Blatant Scum, january, Dannflor, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-12-10 09:00:00).

Mod notes:
Plotinus is V/LA until Saturday evening. the worst is our backup mod

Gamma Emerald is V/LA until the 1st.

Prod timer is on weekend mode until the end of Sunday.

Click here for combined mod & backup mod ISO.[/area]
Last edited by the worst on Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by january »

aight sorry if that came off as aggressive or annoyed, not really sure why i sounded like that earlier

definitely not expecting people to be online today, just wanted to make sure nobody skipped over it

happy thanksgiving for those who celebrate it!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don’t think you sounded like that so no worries. :]
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1474, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1472, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Any guesses as to who’s been playing me, in the extremely unlikely chance Banaki is town?
That was my question to you
I have no clue but I don’t think I really need to worry about that unless I’m wrong on him and I really don’t think I am.
Banakai
Banakai
Goon
Banakai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Banakai »

all these ppl saying im scummy but not voting
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

literally it’s only Pyrrha, Banakai

Stop self voting and play the game
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1475, january wrote:
In post 1466, Pyrrha Nikos wrote: My issue with a lot of his posts, is he keeps saying things that sound contradictory. Like, “people will listen” once he’s flipped - clearly implying that he’s correct on my being scum, then his comment about people calling him “bad town”, implies that he’s wrong on me.

Because if he was right, no one would be calling him bad town for that. This post says to me that he is acknowledging trying to push a mislynch on me. If he really thought I was scum, he wouldn’t then make that comment about people calling him “bad town”. Therefore I view his comment about people listening to him when he flips as disingenuous.

The thing is, if he really is “bad town” here and not scum, where is the self-awareness of that? I really don’t see any. It does definitely seem to me that he doesn’t honestly believe in his sr on me.
1. clearly he thinks he's correct on his read? not sure if anyone would make a confident read and then say they think they're wrong lol
2. he's saying that people will call him bad town and ignore his read. that's not him saying he thinks he's wrong. he's saying that OTHER PEOPLE will say he's wrong and ignore him. i think you're completely misreading everything at this point. it seems extremely clear to me that he's saying "i know Pyrrha is mafia but people will ignore me after they lynch me"
3. why would he need to be self-aware of being "bad town"?? most people don't think they're bad but that doesn't mean they're mafia...
If he was right on me, no one would call him bad town, so I disagree with you that isn’t contradictory. If he was right, people would call him a GOAT. You’re making the assumption that he’s specifically referring to immediately following his lynch as opposed to post-game. I don’t think it’s clear.

So, you really believe he honestly thinks I’m scum because it reads fake to me? Just like his locktown sheep read, just like his multiple contradictory statements prior to Ethos mislynch. You really should read his posts re: Ethos while he was voting him. His contradictory comments aren’t just about me. His whole progression on sheep is weird - especially the frozen part. Why would he not engage “bad town” wrongly sr him? And then there’s PoE, everyone else reads townier to me than Banaki
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I think it’s plausible people could think you are scum

I don’t think it’s correct obviously but it’s definitely plausible

Just look at eth0s
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1476, january wrote:anyone wanna read my penguino case or comment or something i put so much work into it

bc i seriously have no idea how penguin is townread and i really want to know
I must have missed it. Can you link the post #?

I only recall you asking for someone to towncase him.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1485, Dannflor wrote:I think it’s plausible people could think you are scum

I don’t think it’s correct obviously but it’s definitely plausible

Just look at eth0s
I’m not sr him for that. I’m sr him because I think it’s fake. Ethos wasn’t contradicting himself nearly every other posts. Like I could see it’s possible Banaki could be bad town here but if so, then who is scum?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Who do you think is scum if you’re wrong?

Like just assume you’re wrong for a moment, where do you look next?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

Alright, UNVOTE: for now.

I still think he’s scum but I don’t want to mislynch him if he truly is bad town, which I suppose could be possible.

One thing I remember from Psyche/sheep interactions was when sheep first said to him, “someone is pretending Pyrrha could be scum here” and then trying to superficially albeit earnestly try to convince him, that I could never be a wolf here. I recall thinking that didn’t read like sheep/Psyche buddies.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1489, Dannflor wrote:Who do you think is scum if you’re wrong?

I obviously don’t know. Obviously one of my tr would have to be wrong.

All I know is I’m grateful january replaced into this game because I very likely would have mislynched Psyche. While I thought Pine scummy and Psyche bordeline, january is super townie. The sheer level of nuanced thinking is not something I can see scum replicating.

I do think he has a point about Penguin’s not really making the same level of deep reads he did in LNT. In every game I’ve played with scum!Penguin, he’s played more like he did in Excalibur and No Dead Person but then he says, his meta is different in larges than in micros.

So, with january slot, being super townie, I have to reconsider anyone who’s not townlock and january really seems obtown to me.

Sheep and Penguin were Banaki’s top townreads iirc?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1448, PenguinPower wrote:I feel that self voting is against wincon when you are town or the only scum left.
Well this post is kind of meaningless because Banaki obviously has to be one or the other.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

Anyway, I’m still happy I have more or less a perfect BoP on Gamma. I will never doubt my Gamma read again, for the foreseeable future.
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Post by january »

In post 1484, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
If he was right on me, no one would call him bad town, so I disagree with you that isn’t contradictory. If he was right, people would call him a GOAT. You’re making the assumption that he’s specifically referring to immediately following his lynch as opposed to post-game. I don’t think it’s clear.
he said that he thinks people will call him bad town and not vote you. so that means he's not talking about post-game, since people don't pick lynches in post-game

anyways, i don't think this part of your read is valid
january
january
Goon
january
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Post by january »

In post 1491, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:

All I know is I’m grateful january replaced into this game because I very likely would have mislynched Psyche. While I thought Pine scummy and Psyche bordeline, january is super townie. The sheer level of nuanced thinking is not something I can see scum replicating.

I do think he has a point about Penguin’s not really making the same level of deep reads he did in LNT. In every game I’ve played with scum!Penguin, he’s played more like he did in Excalibur and No Dead Person but then he says, his meta is different in larges than in micros.

So, with january slot, being super townie, I have to reconsider anyone who’s not townlock and january really seems obtown to me.

*i prefer if u use she instead of he. ty <3*

and ok do u think my point applies to this game or not? and u did say that penguin was a strong-ish townread earlier (iirc) so can u explain that read a little bit
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Penguin, when/why did you start being happy to sheep me on sheep?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1494, january wrote:
In post 1484, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
he said that he thinks people will call him bad town and not vote you. so that means he's not talking about post-game, since people don't pick lynches in post-game

anyways, i don't think this part of your read is valid
Maybe.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1495, january wrote:
In post 1491, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:

*i prefer if u use she instead of he. ty <3*

and ok do u think my point applies to this game or not? and u did say that penguin was a strong-ish townread earlier (iirc) so can u explain that read a little bit
Well, he seemed to express strong convictions but like Gamma said, that’s fallen off. My problem is I don’t know if anything he’s posted actually seems agendy?

Due to paranoia

These are my current reads

Pyrrha

Gamma

january

Dann

Penguin

BS

Banaki

If Banaki’s not scum and anyone is playing me, I don’t think it’s you. So, I can’t 100% rule out the possibility of Dann being a deep wolf but I don’t want to go anywhere near there rn.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:49 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 1086, PenguinPower wrote:I wish stumps couldn't talk.

I'm fine with sheep today. I won't necessarily sheep dann if it flips red though. Psyche slot is underwhelming.
In post 1279, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1277, eth0s wrote:Pyrrha I still think you're quite townie but please make me understand why penguin is never scum here... I am worried at how little he comes up in discussion
If I was scum, I would have driven the bus on sheep.
In post 1293, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1291, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:Scum!Penguin tries to coast. He never takes hard stances on anything. Excalibur would be a great example of Penguin scum, where as Last Night Tomorrow is typical Penguin town.
tbf, that's Largescum!Penguin.

Microscum!Penguin hardbusses and is serious.

I know, I know...selfmeta. HORROR.
In post 1433, PenguinPower wrote:I mean - I'm not opposed. I just wanted to call it out for props later :)
In post 1448, PenguinPower wrote:I feel that self voting is against wincon when you are town or the only scum left.
I’m having real trouble seeing Penguin as a deep wolf here.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”