Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 13, Enter wrote:This game is good, because now you win if you get lynched, and if you lose, you get to play a lot more of the game!

On a completely unrelated note, I'm a Mime, please don't lynch me.
In post 19, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:I am vanilla townie
We have two opposite claims here, one is obviously "stupid" (not in its offensive meaning, just that it makes no sense to scumclaim, so i assume the poster is either lying on purpose or being wifomy about it), the other is "lamisty".

I think this calls for the question: how do you think you should play pro-town in this game?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 12, Farkran wrote:...why didn't anyone selfvote yet?
probably because it's in the mime's interest to be lynched? its how they win?

highly sus the way this post was made
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 23, Rautherdir wrote:So, change of plans, we'll lynch the vig on LYWIN. We could also have three other players to volunteer to never get lynched as long as a mime isn't killed. I guess I'll be one of them so I can explain how that works later on in the game.

Also, I think I just figured out how to break the setup.
I get the lywin vig lynch, but i don't get the other part. I think you mean we get to lywin with 1 vig + 3 volunteers + 3 other people. What if a mime volunteers?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 26, Venmar wrote:

It's also in the best interest of town, though? Anyways i was more wondering why no one thought of that, rather than suggesting everyone should
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Maybe. I need to think about it. On second thought it probably won't break the setup, but it might make it easier. It might also work better if the don't-lynch players are chosen by a vote instead of volunteering maybe?

p-edit
Because then it's Lynch and Win, instead of Lynch or Lose.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Enter »

In post 25, Farkran wrote:
In post 13, Enter wrote:This game is good, because now you win if you get lynched, and if you lose, you get to play a lot more of the game!

On a completely unrelated note, I'm a Mime, please don't lynch me.
We have two opposite claims here, one is obviously "stupid" (not in its offensive meaning, just that it makes no sense to scumclaim, so i assume the poster is either lying on purpose or being wifomy about it), the other is "lamisty".

I think this calls for the question: how do you think you should play pro-town in this game?
I think we need some of each.
I think narrowing down the pool of players open for a lynch is very beneficial for town, so both of these claims are pro-town, in my opinion.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Venmar »

@farkran; yeah but if its in the best interest of both alignments then its a pointless gesture and doesn't prove anything other than getting townie points by trying to point it out
In post 20, Enter wrote:
This is probably town.
why not vote him then, do you actually think farkran is town?

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Venmar »

also rautherdir is town imo based on gut and how hes conducting himself,

vote: rautherdir

for now

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Enter »

What agenda does this push?

How does this oppose a town win-con?

In what way is this scummy? Like, what do the Mimes get out of this post that town doesn't?
In post 27, Farkran wrote:
In post 23, Rautherdir wrote:So, change of plans, we'll lynch the vig on LYWIN. We could also have three other players to volunteer to never get lynched as long as a mime isn't killed. I guess I'll be one of them so I can explain how that works later on in the game.

Also, I think I just figured out how to break the setup.
I get the lywin vig lynch, but i don't get the other part. I think you mean we get to lywin with 1 vig + 3 volunteers + 3 other people. What if a mime volunteers?
There are three mimes, so if a mime volunteers, then at least one of the three other people is town.
In post 28, Farkran wrote:

It's also in the best interest of town, though? Anyways i was more wondering why no one thought of that, rather than suggesting everyone should
Right.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Enter »

In post 31, Venmar wrote:@farkran; yeah but if its in the best interest of both alignments then its a pointless gesture and doesn't prove anything other than getting townie points by trying to point it out
In post 20, Enter wrote:
This is probably town.
why not vote him then, do you actually think farkran is town?
I did?
In post 32, Venmar wrote:also rautherdir is town imo based on gut and how hes conducting himself,

vote: rautherdir

for now
This is a bad vote, regardless of what alignment you think Rautherdir is.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Enter »

Wait no I voted Farkran. Nvm.

No, I'm not moving my vote from Farkran to Gyro, Farkran seems townier based off first impressions.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Actually, we should have 6 players (not including the vig) volunteer to not be the lynch for today.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 33, Enter wrote:

In what way is this scummy? Like, what do the Mimes get out of this post that town doesn't?
its kind of pointless to use the "what do mimes get out of this post that town doesn't" because the way this game works means town and mimes will be acting virtually the same in their goals since its the goal of both to get lynched. fundamentally, pushing a town win-con is also pushing a mime win-con when that goal is getting lynched. so everything we do will benefit both.

therefore its more productive to look at the context of how someone acts instead rather than the action itself. in this case i think farkran trying to make voting for oneself look like a townie thing to do feels more like a mime trying to find a reason to look townie, rather than a townie trying to do the same. by comparison, i think rautherdir's approach has been more townie thinking than farkran since he's trying to plan out the game rather than find a way to make easy actions look inherently townie or mimey.
Enter wrote:Wait no I voted Farkran. Nvm.

No, I'm not moving my vote from Farkran to Gyro, Farkran seems townier based off first impressions.
was farkran townier than gyro when you made your farkran vote?

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Enter »

In post 37, Venmar wrote:
In post 33, Enter wrote:

its kind of pointless to use the "what do mimes get out of this post that town doesn't" because the way this game works means town and mimes will be acting virtually the same in their goals since its the goal of both to get lynched. fundamentally, pushing a town win-con is also pushing a mime win-con when that goal is getting lynched. so everything we do will benefit both.

therefore its more productive to look at the context of how someone acts instead rather than the action itself. in this case i think farkran trying to make voting for oneself look like a townie thing to do feels more like a mime trying to find a reason to look townie, rather than a townie trying to do the same. by comparison, i think rautherdir's approach has been more townie thinking than farkran since he's trying to plan out the game rather than find a way to make easy actions look inherently townie or mimey.
I think you're either just attracted to one playstyle over another when we definitely need both, or you're intentionally trying to twist Farkran's NAI play into something AI. There is nothing in this post that makes Farkran's post look scummier (although you trying to push a post that's NAI certainly makes it look like you're trying to do so).
Enter wrote:Wait no I voted Farkran. Nvm.

was farkran townier than gyro when you made your farkran vote?

Well, considering Gyro hadn't posted when I voted Farkran, yes.

How is the game only two pages and you still haven't caught up yet?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Enter »

Venmar is making a terrible first impression.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Farkran »

I kinda think rauth is town too, by the way. At this time it's mostly gutread and adjusting my mindset to how this game SHOULD be played, but i think providing advice about the vig has >rand chance to come from town.

I am also wondering what kind of lywin scenario we should aim at. The vig can conftown himself, so it's all good. About the others though, is it better to remove our highest townreads earlier or later? Removing them earlier may lead to a chaotic lywin, but removing them later means we risk killing mimes in the earlier stages.

If i think through this from a standard mafia game mindset, i'd probably vote my highest scumread rather than say "hey, i'm fairly sure you're scum, stay alive while i hunt for your partners". However, i'm not entirely sure that is the optimal strategy here. In a standard mafia game you may win before lylo, but here we can only lose before lywin - there's no benefit in trying to "accelerate" the pace by removing obvtown early.

Taking risks MIGHT make sense, on the other hand.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 37, Venmar wrote:
In post 33, Enter wrote: its kind of pointless to use the "what do mimes get out of this post that town doesn't" because the way this game works means town and mimes will be acting virtually the same in their goals since its the goal of both to get lynched. fundamentally, pushing a town win-con is also pushing a mime win-con when that goal is getting lynched. so everything we do will benefit both.

I kinda agree with this on a general basis, but as i said, i was more concerned about thinking why no one had done that. I mean i was expecting to enter this game seeing a RVS made of only selfvotes, to be honest. It is true that it advances both wincons, just as trying to stay alive advances both wincons in a standard mafia game. So why is no one here trying to die?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

Hai guys, this game sounds like a hoot.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Rautherdir »

But seriously, we need 4 other people (but not the vig) to volunteer to not get lynched today, and then I'll explain how this will work. I'm assuming Enter volunteered.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Enter »

In post 43, Rautherdir wrote:But seriously, we need 4 other people (but not the vig) to volunteer to not get lynched today, and then I'll explain how this will work. I'm assuming Enter volunteered.
Yes. I nominate Venmar to also be part of that group.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Farkran »

I am leaning towards thinking that the survivor group should be composed of our highest townreads rather than volunteering. I think the benefits of killing our highest TRs later are better suited to this game. I am not opposed to being part of it though.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 44, Enter wrote:
In post 43, Rautherdir wrote:But seriously, we need 4 other people (but not the vig) to volunteer to not get lynched today, and then I'll explain how this will work. I'm assuming Enter volunteered.
Yes. I nominate Venmar to also be part of that group.
This will probably work best if we only do self-nominations.
In post 45, Farkran wrote:I am leaning towards thinking that the survivor group should be composed of our highest townreads rather than volunteering. I think the benefits of killing our highest TRs later are better suited to this game. I am not opposed to being part of it though.
There's a method to my madness, I'll explain it after people have volunteered.
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Wait why the fuck do we wanna lynch townies if thats the case.
Im mime pls
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 38, Enter wrote:I think you're either just attracted to one playstyle over another when we definitely need both, or you're intentionally trying to twist Farkran's NAI play into something AI. There is nothing in this post that makes Farkran's post look scummier (although you trying to push a post that's NAI certainly makes it look like you're trying to do so).
this is basically just you disagreeing with how im reading the game. you think farkran's post wasn't AI, which is dumb, whereas i think it was. pushing a playstyle/tactic while trying to imply that such an action would be AI, should tell you something about the player.

not to mention that you clearly think farkran is townie, so you thinking his first post being NAI doesn't make much sense, otherwise why would you vote him?

i've also already specified im focusing on the context behind the playstyle, not the playstyle or action itself. if you want to be dumb, then go for it.
In post 38, Enter wrote: Well, considering Gyro hadn't posted when I voted Farkran, yes.
this was actually poor wording by me, i apologize, but my intention was to point out that farkran had only made one post by the time gyro made his "townie" post. i was trying to gleam if you thought farkran's one singular post at the time was still townier than the gyro post you heralded as probably town.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 39, Enter wrote:Venmar is making a terrible first impression.
lol it sucks to be you huh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”