Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 74, Venmar wrote:no-lynch becomes more likely over time, for the record. as we lynch more and more town, the mimes will have a larger % of the votes, and will have less and less incentive to vote on town lynches. once its 5v3 and 4v3, the town have to be unanimous amongst each other to get a lynch through, which can be crippled if even one of the mimes makes into a "town circle", otherwise mimes can just immobilize the vote without an all-town consensus to out-vote them.

also there's no reason why everyone shouldn't have a read on me and enter by now.
As long as town has majority (= always, because otherwise the mimes are endgamed and lose), it would be very stupid not to compromise on a lynch, especially in this particular game where it literally goes against your wincon. I don't think it's a concern we should have, as long as we pick a compromise early enough to avoid lurking/VLA shenanigans. Like, the counterpart of lolhammering in this game would be lol-lurking the deadline, and everyone who does will get stomped
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 69, Farkran wrote:Why? Before your post i was having the feeling that you were scumreading Enter because of his townread of me, with which you disagreed - this would have meant you already had two scumreads in like 3 pages, which is what i have been referring as awkward earlier.

Can you clarify if that is the case, or if you have changed your mind about it?
do you think post #65 is me showing a townie/neutral inclination towards enter? if yes, why? also, up until now me and enter have mostly just disagreed/argued in how we're reading you. i don't actually have a strong scumread on enter, i think he could easily be a townie with just a different interpretation of the game then me. any and all scummy inclination that i have on him would be based on his decision to focus on defending you and choosing to argue my read on you, which i could see as a mime trying to look good by defending town by supposedly "exploiting" in his eyes what was my twisted read on you.

i don't mind admitting though that i had scum leans on both you and enter by page 2. i form quick reads based on gut and first impression, i like seeing how people react to them, and then i sort from there. read that as you want.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 74, Venmar wrote:no-lynch becomes more likely over time, for the record. as we lynch more and more town, the mimes will have a larger % of the votes, and will have less and less incentive to vote on town lynches. once its 5v3 and 4v3, the town have to be unanimous amongst each other to get a lynch through, which can be crippled if even one of the mimes makes into a "town circle", otherwise mimes can just immobilize the vote without an all-town consensus to out-vote them.

also there's no reason why everyone shouldn't have a read on me and enter by now.
At 4v3, 3v2, or 2v1 the resolution is to lynch the vig, who is conf-town.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 75, Farkran wrote:As long as town has majority (= always, because otherwise the mimes are endgamed and lose), it would be very stupid not to compromise on a lynch, especially in this particular game where it literally goes against your wincon. I don't think it's a concern we should have, as long as we pick a compromise early enough to avoid lurking/VLA shenanigans. Like, the counterpart of lolhammering in this game would be lol-lurking the deadline, and everyone who does will get stomped
i agree that the likelihood of a no-lynch is low, and it's not much of a concern. im just saying that overtime it becomes more likely, however little so, since the mimes will be playing against win-con in the endgame if they were to compromise and vote in towns favour. the closer town is to a wincon, the harder it will be for town to comfortably know that their lynch is actually 100% town, which is needed to win in endgame. its just simply worth keeping in mind as we get closer to endgame.

Pedit: true
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 76, Venmar wrote: do you think post #65 is me showing a townie/neutral inclination towards enter? if yes, why? also, up until now me and enter have mostly just disagreed/argued in how we're reading you.

i don't actually have a strong scumread on enter, i think he could easily be a townie with just a different interpretation of the game then me. any and all scummy inclination that i have on him would be based on his decision to focus on defending you and choosing to argue my read on you, which i could see as a mime trying to look good by defending town by supposedly "exploiting" in his eyes what was my twisted read on you.

i don't mind admitting though that i had scum leans on both you and enter by page 2. i form quick reads based on gut and first impression, i like seeing how people react to them, and then i sort from there. read that as you want.
Yeah i mean that's my point - you were -take my words with a grain of salt- scumleaning me for being lamisty and scumleaning him for defending me. That's the awkward part.

I'm still adjusting my playstyle to this game but i think i read that exchange as TvT or, worst-case, TvS. I don't think Enter tries to pocket a player, who is admittedly at his first time in this setup, from a sentence that was mostly theorycraft. On the other hand, i also kinda think Venmar fits with a paranoid town profile.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

i hate mafia
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

i really hope we dont play this game like a pseudo mountainous
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Hello all.

I am the Day-Vig.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Map Wolf »

I counterclaim
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Map Wolf »

...Just joking.
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Enter »

I think Venmar's process is flawed at the very best, lacking at its worst. His reasons for his reads seem artificial and he seems to be looking for reasons to have reads on me and other players.

I'm not convinced Fakran is town. I don't feel particularly strongly about the matter. Just because I oppose a stupid argument that someone is scum does not mean I think that person is really strong town.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Enter »

By lacking I mean completely absent
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Enter »

I could see paranoid townie, maybe.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by Enter »

Your argument that I'm a mime is stupid, because I'm already a mime. And I'm not defending Farkran, I'm attacking you.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Enter »

You should hard scum read and that shouldn't excuse bad arguments for why a player is scum.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Wake1 »

So, how exactly do we play this version of Mafia?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 23, Rautherdir wrote:So, change of plans, we'll lynch the vig on LYWIN. We could also have three other players to volunteer to never get lynched as long as a mime isn't killed. I guess I'll be one of them so I can explain how that works later on in the game.

Also, I think I just figured out how to break the setup.
O_rly
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 26, Venmar wrote:
In post 12, Farkran wrote:...why didn't anyone selfvote yet?
probably because it's in the mime's interest to be lynched? its how they win?

highly sus the way this post was made
Why is it sus
Fair warning, I’m prolly gonna be hyper critical of Venmar
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 39, Enter wrote:Venmar is making a terrible first impression.
Def inclined to agree with you rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 47, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Wait why the fuck do we wanna lynch townies if thats the case.
Im mime pls
Lol this prob town
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 48, Venmar wrote:
In post 38, Enter wrote:I think you're either just attracted to one playstyle over another when we definitely need both, or you're intentionally trying to twist Farkran's NAI play into something AI. There is nothing in this post that makes Farkran's post look scummier (although you trying to push a post that's NAI certainly makes it look like you're trying to do so).
this is basically just you disagreeing with how im reading the game. you think farkran's post wasn't AI,
which is dumb
, whereas i think it was. pushing a playstyle/tactic while trying to imply that such an action would be AI, should tell you something about the player.

not to mention that you clearly think farkran is townie, so you thinking his first post being NAI doesn't make much sense, otherwise why would you vote him?

i've also already specified im focusing on the context behind the playstyle, not the playstyle or action itself. if you want to be dumb, then go for it.
In post 38, Enter wrote: Well, considering Gyro hadn't posted when I voted Farkran, yes.
this was actually poor wording by me, i apologize, but my intention was to point out that farkran had only made one post by the time gyro made his "townie" post. i was trying to gleam if you thought farkran's one singular post at the time was still townier than the gyro post you heralded as probably town.
This seems uncalled for, as well as not really being a good point I feel. Like Enter could argue your perspective is dumb too, it’s just a cheap shot to say that there.
<Embrace The Void>

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by Wake1 »

So I'm gonna sleep on this game for now.

HMU when y'all figure out who I should Vig.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 74, Venmar wrote:
Idk if this is valid but why bring this up rn?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 75, Farkran wrote:

As long as town has majority (= always, because otherwise the mimes are endgamed and lose), it would be very stupid not to compromise on a lynch, especially in this particular game where it literally goes against your wincon. I don't think it's a concern we should have, as long as we pick a compromise early enough to avoid lurking/VLA shenanigans. Like, the counterpart of lolhammering in this game would be lol-lurking the deadline, and everyone who does will get stomped
Yeah I feel like this setup probably ends up rather townsided via to fact scum can’t do quickhammery shit around endgame unless it’s just one left
<Embrace The Void>

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Wake1 »

@ Mod

Do the Mimes know each/have Daytalk?
— House*