Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9275 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 9274, Wooper wrote:ruin thingy faction
this is over the top gross kiddo
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9276 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 9273, Wooper wrote:This thread literally puts me to sleep - it's so mechanical it's about as interesting as watching someone live tweeting a monopoly game

Can you quote it @me?
@Wooper

Amrun is a death investigator. She can check bodies to see who physically killed someone. She checked FrmerFish’s body on N2. She received a list with your name on and Zoraster name on it. Other names were on it, but they are at least town looking or their abilities make them town.

Korina was on it. However, Korina is confirmed a snake lady from google on the Pathfinder wiki. The kill flavor for Formerfish was an aasimir lady which according to google is probably this Tully’s woman who recruited Titus flavor lady.

As such, everyone thinks it was either YOU or Zoraster. Your name was on a list of the person who killed Formerfish. Since you have done LITERALLY nothing this game, we are voting you.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9277 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

yeah the mechanical stuff is boring

i don't wanna solve mafia mechanically, tbh. if i wanted to do that i'd just go do logic puzzles all day
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9278 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 9277, Miss Lane wrote:yeah the mechanical stuff is boring

i don't wanna solve mafia mechanically, tbh. if i wanted to do that i'd just go do logic puzzles all day
So you only play vanilla white flag mountainous right? Ok.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9279 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Regardless of your opinion about the mechanics of it, it is helping us find scum which isnolaying the game.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9280 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 9278, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 9277, Miss Lane wrote:yeah the mechanical stuff is boring

So you only play vanilla white flag mountainous right? Ok.
I feel like you're shading me based on my mafia preferences

but yes I did really enjoy that game

I also really enjoyed BoP

my favorite role is Vanilla Townie

I also like games with interesting mechanics that change how the game is played but not necessarily how the solve is done

breaking the game mechanically is boring
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9281 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 9279, gobbledygook wrote:Regardless of your opinion about the mechanics of it, it is helping us find scum which isnolaying the game.
ok

so
i'm supporting your stupid mechanical argument

i was voting wooper up until EP made a really bad argumeent that made me think he had maybe more than one reason to want wooper dead

i was playing based on mechanics

just because they're boring doesn't mean i wont' acknowledge them

i don't know why you're getting so aggro on me, i'm just saying i don't like it and i don't enjoy it
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #9282 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Wooper »

Hold on you have.... flipped scum on a list of people who could have killed someone and you want to kill the rest of the list with fire because of.... kill flavour.... when we have less than 25% of the game flipped and have no idea how flavour could work...

valid because flavourgaming instead of playing mafia is fun and regularly successful right?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9283 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by pisskop »

Miss Lynch is 100% right,

I really only leave the normal queue to play with people, not to play the games.

All this cult-this and supersaint-that and mega-governer stuff detracts from the skill of mafia.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9284 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

It’s not shade it’s just that jesus Turkey it doesn’t matter if you like how the game is currently being played. That would be like getting a guilty and saying “nah, throw that out, too mechanical”. It’s ridiculous and adds nothing to the conversation.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9285 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m gonna Dynamax my Gamma Emerald and sweep all of y’all anyways
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9286 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 8514, Amrun wrote:Night 2 : Korina, EspressoPatronum, zoraster, TrueSoulEnergy, Wooper, Untrod Tripod
Wait
Why couldn't Korina have submitted the kill?
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #9287 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by Wooper »

is my slot like, redeemable or is my lynch required to advance the gamestate past this
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9288 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 9282, Wooper wrote:Hold on you have.... flipped scum on a list of people who could have killed someone and you want to kill the rest of the list with fire because of.... kill flavour.... when we have less than 25% of the game flipped and have no idea how flavour could work...

valid because flavourgaming instead of playing mafia is fun and regularly successful right?
Yes. The flavor has been a roadmap and pretty much corroborated everyone who has flipped.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9289 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 9287, Wooper wrote:is my slot like, redeemable or is my lynch required to advance the gamestate past this
I mean if Zoraster flips Tulaya Nullim or whatever her name is, you’re not scum based off the logic of the list at least. You still could be scum independent of it.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9290 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 9284, gobbledygook wrote:It’s not shade it’s just that jesus Turkey it doesn’t matter if you like how the game is currently being played. That would be like getting a guilty and saying “nah, throw that out, too mechanical”. It’s ridiculous and adds nothing to the conversation.
you seem to be getting upset over me saying i don't like the mechanical aspect of the game

and i'm sorry, but in a game w/ 28 players that i joined in order to not take mafia super serious for a little bit, i think it's pretty ok for me to say what i do and don't ike about mafia every once in a while

i'm still doing my best to play optimally and i'm not throwing out the mechanical aspect at all. you're being ridiculous by getting upset over one post that adds nothing to the conversation from a player who's put an awful lot into this game - an awful lot more than a significant number of other players

back off please
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #9291 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:58 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 9284, gobbledygook wrote:It’s not shade it’s just that jesus Turkey it doesn’t matter if you like how the game is currently being played. That would be like getting a guilty and saying “nah, throw that out, too mechanical”. It’s ridiculous and adds nothing to the conversation.
no it's like saying "using moonlogic and flavourgaming to justify lynching two people who are explicitly not guiltied is too mechanical"

a guilty is a guilty, that's a mechanical dichotomy

this is literally a solved pentochomy(?) that people want to lynch people over anyway if both Zor and I end up town I'll be laughing
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9292 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 9286, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 8514, Amrun wrote:Night 2 : Korina, EspressoPatronum, zoraster, TrueSoulEnergy, Wooper, Untrod Tripod
Wait
Why couldn't Korina have submitted the kill?
@gobble explain why Korina, EP, UT couldn't have submitted the kill?

AFAIK, EP isn't being lynched because people TR him
UT isn't being lynched because someone TRs him and the vote manipulation stuff makes him prolly town?
Korina is mafgodfather - why not korina?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9293 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 9257, Wooper wrote:
In post 9239, EspressoPatronum wrote:Wooper is the better target for 3 reasons.
1) Wooper has been hard lurking. Some have mentioned this is a scumtell for Wooper.
2) Wooper's response to being pushed was to essentially give up. Wooper offered no real defence + refused to claim or flavour claim.
3) InsideJob's hid behind Zora and subsequently inno'd Zora. While Rauth's lie detector identified this statement as false, it's unclear when InsideJob was culted + how that impacted Rauth's results. In light of the muddied waters, it seems better to test the 50/50 on Wooper, who is more scummy.
[1] Hhhhuuuuuuhhhhhh?
Whoever said that hasn't played with me in like a year

[2] How would you suggest I defend myself from a mechanical dichotomy no one will explain to me? Why would me claiming help with solving my alignment?

[3] Again you're trusting scum on someone's alignment - but I'd rather lynch fl than Zor anyway so still not sure why this dichotomy is a thing
I've numbered your paragraphs so I can respond to them directly.

1. I can't recall who said it tbh, but I'm fairly certain it's in there. I'll leave it to you to disprove it.

2. I've explained it several times. In fact, I explained it in the post that you quoted. You claiming would help us solve your alignment in several ways.
- if you role claim, we can possibly find your actions in the night flavour. This can help us deduce your flavour. RCE is an example of how this worked.
- if you flavour claim, we can possibly find your character in the night flavour. This can help us deduce your role. Bingle is an example of how this worked. TSE is another example.

[3] Again, you need to take the time to read the case for the Zora/Wooper dichotomy. You also need to read FL's claims and BB's corroboration of FL's claim.

Please read the case against you and respond in good faith.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #9294 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Wooper »

if we're lynching in that list can we lynch ut
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #9295 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Wooper »

In post 9293, EspressoPatronum wrote:- if you role claim, we can possibly find your actions in the night flavour. This can help us deduce your flavour. RCE is an example of how this worked.
- if you flavour claim, we can possibly find your character in the night flavour. This can help us deduce your role. Bingle is an example of how this worked. TSE is another example.
duly noted

I can't tell you anything valuable
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9296 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Feel free to find scum using D2 if you dont like mechanics. I'm sure there were alignment indicative posts around titus vs the other wagons.

If you don't like what's happening in the game thread, do some legwork and present something else
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9297 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm

In post 9260, Miss Lane wrote:EP's argument on lynching Wooper is disgusting and repulsive.
If you like the case against Zora, you should like the case against Wooper.

I have changed my mind that Wooper is the better of the two today. My posts should make that fairly clear.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #9298 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by Wooper »

I'm not gonna dig through a 400 page 1/4 finished game to find all that stuff EP.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9299 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:04 pm

In post 9269, Miss Lane wrote:EP tell me do you believe the argument you posted?
Yes, absolutely.

If you'd like, I can respond to your wall post. It'd be easier to respond in brief though, so can you concisely sum up your problem(s) with my Wooper case?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”