Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Datisi »

Maybe so. Maybe I'm reading too much into "can you provide examples" vs "can you actually provide any examples".

Hm. I was a bit weirded out by because the last part read almost tmi-y wrt my alignment, because I don't think I've been extremely Towny this game, especially from your pov since I've just sheeped another player onto you with a very boring case.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 474, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 460, Datisi wrote:I'm me
Whaaaaaaat
In post 469, Datisi wrote:And I feel like your tone is being unnecessarily aggressive with me? I don't think I'm pushing you/threatening you that hard, I wasn't asking you to /change/ your behaviour, I wasn't saying you need to explain ALL your thought processes?
Do you think that aggressive behavior is more likely to come from scum? I honestly don't see Amrun's posting as super aggressive and have actually been liking her posting a little more on this page.
I felt a need to include myself in the list, I don't know. I am me though.

And usually not, but I've noticed that I tend to Townread people who get (imo unnecessarily) aggressive with me, which recently cost me a game as well. That's the vibe I got from the posts I quoted.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Menalque »

Long day gonna catch up/be around tomorrow
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 475, Datisi wrote:Maybe so. Maybe I'm reading too much into "can you provide examples" vs "can you actually provide any examples".

Hm. I was a bit weirded out by because the last part read almost tmi-y wrt my alignment, because I don't think I've been extremely Towny this game, especially from your pov since I've just sheeped another player onto you with a very boring case.
It wasn’t a read I would have organically shared. I shared it because you asked me to. How could that possibly strike you as TMI?

Plenty of town sheep boring af cases, FYI.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Datisi »

You saying that you had a Townlean on me when I asked you about your read is not tmi. As I said, I was referring to this as tmi-y:
In post 470, Amrun wrote:I don’t think you understand my playstyle, which is ok.
It struck me was weird because I didn't exactly see much reason for you to see me as Town, and therefore kinda confidently assume I'm Town and misunderstanding your playstyle, rather than scum trying to BS push your lynch through.
~M
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 479, Datisi wrote:You saying that you had a Townlean on me when I asked you about your read is not tmi. As I said, I was referring to this as tmi-y:
In post 470, Amrun wrote:I don’t think you understand my playstyle, which is ok.
It struck me was weird because I didn't exactly see much reason for you to see me as Town, and therefore kinda confidently assume I'm Town and misunderstanding your playstyle, rather than scum trying to BS push your lynch through.

Oh, ok. I didn’t click the link. My bad.

I understand what you’re saying in this one. You’re wrong, but I get your angle.

I wasn’t saying you were town in that post. In the post where you asked me my read, I clarified that I think your misunderstanding of my playstyle is NAI. Whether or not you fundamentally comprehend the intention behind my play is not relevant to your alignment. In fact, I intentionally play in a way that attempts to keep people guessing, depending on gamestate. In our back and forth, I was trying to determine if you were scum trying to capitalize on perceived holes in town play, or town trying to distinguish between town and scum. I shared it was more likely the latter since you asked. However, I am not totally convinced.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Pretentious »

In post 434, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 431, Pretentious wrote:Wtf.

How come literally as soon as I bring up having a gut scum read on Amrun, a wagon forms.

Nah, i was right to lean town there. This is fucked
Boon. What do you think of icon?

Btw i just learned icon is not a guy. Neat.
I don’t have time to post it out right now, I wanna look deeper into this, but I see this, and I will get to this as soon as I get to this game!
I will see all of you in the FUN ZONE
Normal Game - Mod Account Mini Normal 2118: Boon Gets Pretentious
Town: 3 w 0 L - Scum: 1 w 0 L

Alt of Flavor Leaf
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 452, Salamence20 wrote:Also AF and DDL should tell the class why my exaggerated complaints about SS are AI
i dont have a problem w/ you not liking SS's play, but how you phrased it seems over the top and feigned?
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 460, Datisi wrote:Oh yeah I asked DDL about his history with Icon somewhere I think
yes i played a game w/ ico in the past. he was scum i was town.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

pret are you not invested in this game because you didnt roll scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

reading up
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 341, alimdia wrote:@SOmething_Smart, any reason why you didn't RVS? Just curious.

Also, I just looked through all your posts again. You post very neutral, answer and ask a bunch of questions but haven't drawn any conclusions from them.
You have too many posts for me to link all of them, but I encourage everyone to ISO SOmething_Smart up to Post 310.

I think thats a very strong scumtell.

YOu have lots of posts, made lots of neutral statements or fluff, but haven't had any conclusions.

VOTE: SOmething_Smart
so I'm just kinda skimming along to get a sense of major events before I do any deep-diving but this post really stands out as disconnected from the flow of the game, AF/Amrun is the hot topic and almidia just drops this outta nowhere?

"very strong" also seems like embellishment especially since I and others already riffed on how this is S_S meta

wanted to mark this as an especially scummy case/vote as I continue reading
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 406, DrDolittle wrote:I could not be more uninterested in amrun wagon
why? even if you disagree with it, I think it's an important wagon

also my snap thoughts on amrun wagon at page 17 - I think I was wrong on AF and I agree with a lot of the points raised against Amrun. Her reaction to DogWatch's vote felt notably scummy to me too on first pass, but I wanna finish this catchup, assess my overall game state read and gather my thoughts before I dive deep. But yeah I'm warmed up to town!AF and I also almost entirely disagree with Sala's reads which is making me think I might need to revisit that slot as well
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 449, Something_Smart wrote:I mean, I don't like it either, but it doesn't make him scum. Do you think it does?
If I may jump in, I think it does! He's making arguments for why you're scum that feel manufactured to fit a predetermined conclusion, like he knows it's generally accepted to say "fence sitting = scum" and he's disregarding your actual content to stick to that formula. I think if he were engaging with you honestly there'd be less snark and more focus on the arguments that you're making.

also I changed my mind again from my last post, Sala's back to a townread
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

alright I've read up but my energy is rapidly draining as it's been a long couple days and it's getting late here. I'll be around more for a bit tonight but ~ real effort ~ will come tomorrow probably.

I'm updating my townreads to include AF and Datisi. Amrun is a spicy wagon that I think has p good odds of scum and I'm gonna join it, but right now I feel I got a stronger read on alimdia. I think the S_S tunnel is a distraction and disingenuous, and has given alimdia cover not to comment on anything else actually relevant going on.

AF - do you still want me to explain my townreads from half the game ago? I can do that but frankly I don't really want to unless this will genuinely help you sort me

VOTE: Amrun
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Post by Pretentious »

In post 484, DrDolittle wrote:pret are you not invested in this game because you didnt roll scum
I
get
to be not invested because I didn’t roll scum. :lol:

I am a little burnt out of mafia the past month and a half, tbh.

I got burnt out right before that Pret scum game started we were in, and then that game drove it home. Been modding for a year straight too. I need a break, but I don’t wanna completely disappear, so I just take it a little easier and come into games. Also coming in later in games and just piecing the puzzles together is relaxing for me.

Scum isn’t relaxing.

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Post by Pretentious »

You don’t get to have these 10 scum victories in a calendar year without getting burnt out. I flex it because I set out at like 5 scum victories saying I wanted to hit 10 this year, and I did this goal. I think more players should create goals for themselves.

Alt of Flavor Leaf
Pretentious
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Pretentious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:36 pm

Post by Pretentious »

My other goal was to mod for a year straight, and I have accomplished that as well.

4 Large Themes, 1 Micro, 1 Marathon, and a mega event that consisted of 3 Large Themes simultaneously, followed by 6 Rounds of 6p Micros.

I fucked myself for this site this year

Alt of Flavor Leaf
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:25 am

Post by DogWatch »

Prodge! Sorry for being MIA but real life has been kicking my ass. I will try my best to reply later tonight!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 489, GuiltyLion wrote:alright I've read up but my energy is rapidly draining as it's been a long couple days and it's getting late here. I'll be around more for a bit tonight but ~ real effort ~ will come tomorrow probably.

I'm updating my townreads to include AF and Datisi. Amrun is a spicy wagon that I think has p good odds of scum and I'm gonna join it, but right now I feel I got a stronger read on alimdia. I think the S_S tunnel is a distraction and disingenuous, and has given alimdia cover not to comment on anything else actually relevant going on.

AF - do you still want me to explain my townreads from half the game ago? I can do that but frankly I don't really want to unless this will genuinely help you sort me

This is a bad sheep. I like this slot for scum more than any other right now.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:19 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 486, GuiltyLion wrote:so I'm just kinda skimming along to get a sense of major events before I do any deep-diving but this post really stands out as disconnected from the flow of the game, AF/Amrun is the hot topic and almidia just drops this outta nowhere?
No comment on Salamence's problems with SS?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:22 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 489, GuiltyLion wrote:AF - do you still want me to explain my townreads from half the game ago? I can do that but frankly I don't really want to unless this will genuinely help you sort me
I only asked because most of your townreads in that post I either didn't have a read on or were slightly scumreading so I was trying to figure out what you saw that was towny in them. You can explain if you want but it's not necessary.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:24 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 491, Pretentious wrote:You don’t get to have these 10 scum victories in a calendar year without getting burnt out. I flex it because I set out at like 5 scum victories saying I wanted to hit 10 this year, and I did this goal. I think more players should create goals for themselves.

Large Normal 223: New Beginnings 21p Large Normal
Hey that was a fun game :)

But seriously you're gonna use every opportunity you can to bring this up aren't you :lol:
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Datisi wrote:Idk, that's not the post that made me think Icon was scummy. Do you think him taking 35 seriously is scummy? You seemed to award Creature a TR for it in 87, and I don't think you called out GL over it either?
Do you think Iconeum's phrasing is the same compared to creature?

Becuase to me, Ico's looks bad compared to what creature did if you ask me.
In post 459, Datisi wrote:
In post 434, Salamence20 wrote:Btw i just learned icon is not a guy. Neat.
yeah he's a dragon
Rawr
In post 472, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 452, Salamence20 wrote:Also AF and DDL should tell the class why my exaggerated complaints about SS are AI
They aren't AI, but just like I said about alim's push on SS, I think it's a playstyle clash. The outburst just seemed unwarranted to me.
I said it was exaggerated. This is the second time I've clashed with this dude and frankly, his playstyle is SO BORRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGG.

Its like, imagine im on a cop show, I don't play by the book, I'm wreckless, I'm a danger to my fellow cops, so the Chief gives me a new partner, SS. Hes a nerd, he has to do everything by the books and is so conservative that hes cramping my style. We'd make a good sitcom (Probably steal this for a future mod game idk).
In post 471, Datisi wrote:
In post 465, Amrun wrote:Do you fundamentally understand joe reaction tests are intended to work? Basically everything I post is some sort of reaction test. That’s how the game is played.
In post 466, Amrun wrote:Can you actually provide any examples of scum acting like this?
In post 468, Amrun wrote:I’m also not threatened in any capacity and have no reason to change my reads or behavior for any reason.
These parts gave me the overdefensive/aggressive vibe fwiwi.

What's your read on me?
Hard disagree here.
In post 482, DrDolittle wrote:
i dont have a problem w/ you not liking SS's play, but how you phrased it seems over the top and feigned?
cause it was lol
In post 484, DrDolittle wrote:pret are you not invested in this game because you didnt roll scum
Ah yes, the anti-BBMolla?
In post 494, Amrun wrote:
In post 489, GuiltyLion wrote:alright I've read up but my energy is rapidly draining as it's been a long couple days and it's getting late here. I'll be around more for a bit tonight but ~ real effort ~ will come tomorrow probably.

I'm updating my townreads to include AF and Datisi.
Amrun is a spicy wagon that I think has p good odds of scum
and I'm gonna join it, but right now I feel I got a stronger read on alimdia. I think the S_S tunnel is a distraction and disingenuous, and has given alimdia cover not to comment on anything else actually relevant going on.

This is a bad sheep. I like this slot for scum more than any other right now.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
This is a meh OMGUS, but I read the bolded as "p good odds of scum on it" rather than "amrun is probably scum"

Both of you suck.
In post 495, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 486, GuiltyLion wrote:so I'm just kinda skimming along to get a sense of major events before I do any deep-diving but this post really stands out as disconnected from the flow of the game, AF/Amrun is the hot topic and almidia just drops this outta nowhere?
No comment on Salamence's problems with SS?
lol thats not a major event.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Remember when creature played this game? In fact there seems to be alot of people that just up and left or are active lurking: Creature, Icon, pret, dogwatch, ect.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”