Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 pm

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 193, Enter wrote:
In post 192, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 190, Enter wrote:
In post 189, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 180, Enter wrote:
In post 166, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:I think you should always lynch your strongest tr, especially on D1.
What? Why do you put more weight on lynching your strongest TR on day 1? It would seem it would be more important in future days, policy lynching seems like it's probably better earlier in the game than later.

And I am very much for policy lynching. I think policy lynches have won games before, and they're undervalued and underappreciated ways to better manage the game from a town perspective.
Well, I’m not a fan of pls as you know, unless very extreme circumstances and I don’t really see what Venmar has done to even warrant a policy lynch?
Have you ever experienced a policy lynch before, or is this merely a theoretical opposition?
I was in a game where a player literally refused to ever vote but nevertheless continued to prod dodge, so we lynched him because the mechanics were votes heavy and a non-voting slot was a threat to the game - which is as close as I’ve ever gotten. Like I said, I’m not a fan without a damn good reason and you still haven’t explained why Venmar would even be deserving of one.
I see. I think you should try it. I have done so recently and I think games are so much better when you don't stress the whole time about only lynching purely because a player must be scum.
Not entirely sure I agree but I’m really liking this response, regardless.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 157, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 147, Farkran wrote:From what i get from the latest posts, i think that Enter is committed to stay alive until endgame, and i'm going to respect that. He is either a very active and provocative town - albeit somewhat over the top with his plays - and we may need to keep people on their toes, or a real mime doing it for the towncred. I lean towards town, but in either case i'm happy having him here until later.

Venmar, i still think that the exchange involving me, him and enter was a bit awkward from his side. Again, this is too little content to have a clear read, but i wouldn't place him among my highest townreads for today. If i want to follow a strategy where the most obvtown players are left for pre-lywin, i could consider lynching here today because he doesn't look too scummy either. If i want to aim to the best chance of hitting town though, i would look elsewhere.

Hectic. Posted little, but from my extremely limited experience with him i think he does this type of introduction as town. Not sure if he also does it as scum.

Gamma seems a bit warmheaded but i liked his introduction, since i had similar thoughts about venmar. I'd say less drastically alignment involving thoughts, but i guess that's how gamma would express them.

I am not a huge fan of Pyrrha's content/posts ratio. He seems like coasting the gamestate. Not willing to lynch here today.

I really liked Rauth's introduction, regardless of whether his strategy is going to be efficient or not. Currently my highest townread.

DDL is completely null to me, no experience with him.

Map Wolf and Gyro's posts look like we're still in some kind of RVS carefree gamestate, but we're not - i expect more from those slots.

I guess this sounds like a readlist full of null reads... and that's because it is. Not being able to rely on votes and wagons make it a bit harder to look at scum intent and associative potential. Once everyone has chimed in (looking at you, @Pine @Creature), i think we should start defining our strategy and making compromises - days are short, and no-lynch is bad.
This post look pretty good on a quick skim
But I need to ask, what’s “warm headed”?
It means i see you as slightly impulsive, very direct with your words, with a tendency to let emotion guide your votes and gameplay. Warm, instead of hot, because it's not such a strong acceptation. I take notes like this to draw a profile of the players - the profile itself is NAI, but when a player deviates from his profile it's usually a tell for associatives or TMI.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:15 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 166, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 125, Enter wrote:VOTE: Venmar

I actually don't care what his alignment is, I think everyone else in this game I either know or has been relatively agreeable so far, and I find I usually only have difficulties with one or two players a game anyways, so I'm gonna push this for a bit until we work things out or he gets lynched. I think the odds are in our favor that he's town and if he's a mime then we can afford to take one hit. It should become pretty obvious who his buddies are anyways if he's a mime, but I kinda doubt it and I really don't care long run. We're gonna win this game anyways, so. *shrug*
I think you should always lynch your strongest tr, especially on D1.
Not entirely sure about this, in this particular game. In a standard mafia game i would be ok with always lynching my strongest SR, but here i'd rather take a risk earlier in order to save my hard townbloc for later.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:23 am

Post by Wake1 »

So Town wants to get lynched and Mimes want to get lynched.

We don't know if the Mimes know each other and/or if they have Daytalk (again I may have missed this).

If a Mime wants to be lynched/killed wouldn't they just act Scummy? Or would that be anticipated by Town?

As Town I don't know how to play this version of Mafia.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:24 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 173, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:How am I “coasting”? What do you mean about Gamma being “warmheaded”? How is Venmar, “awkward” exactly? Eh, Rauth looks like he’s trying to solve but the jury’s out on him, until he actually makes some reads. Mech talk isn’t AI.
My first impression of you is that you wanted to look active but didn't want to commit yourself to produce reads/advance the gamestate. You just improved my impression with this recent streak of analysis/questioning and you should keep it up.

I already explained my opinion of gamma, and i think i also explained how i found venmar awkward during his exchange with me and enter. He too improved recently.

Rauth, i don't see his posts as coming from scum. I'm expecting him to explain his strategy and i'll see if it makes sense, but that will only determine if i am inclined to listen to him or not - i still think he's town. Even if he is wrong, it was a huge reaction test to all players and i don't think scum comes up with that.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:26 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 176, Map Wolf wrote:I feel like a winning strategy would be for Vig (Wake) to just choose someone who we randomlynch.
Honestly, no.

I'm fine sheeping Wake, but i'm against choosing at random.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:27 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 181, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 178, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 176, Map Wolf wrote:I feel like a winning strategy would be for Vig (Wake) to just choose someone who we randomlynch.
Why random?
Okay it doesn't have to be random. It could also be whoever he'd believe is likely not mime. As long as the probability of mime is lower than random.
Yeah this is better, nvm my last post then
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 205, Farkran wrote:
Honestly, no.

Sounds like something a Mime would say.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 207, Wake1 wrote:
In post 205, Farkran wrote:
Honestly, no.

Sounds like something a Mime would say.
Why? Do you think you have less than random chances to read people correctly?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:34 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 203, Wake1 wrote:So Town wants to get lynched and Mimes want to get lynched.

We don't know if the Mimes know each other and/or if they have Daytalk (again I may have missed this).

If a Mime wants to be lynched/killed wouldn't they just act Scummy? Or would that be anticipated by Town?

As Town I don't know how to play this version of Mafia.
By the way yes, there was a mod post that explains that mimes know each other and have day chat, like in a regular game of mafia. You can ISO the mod to find it quickly.

Also i would think that we do not lynch scummy behavior in this game - if anything, we mechanically leave our highest scumreads to endgame.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Well, I'm still waiting on two more volunteers to never get lynched before I can reveal my plan.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:28 am

Post by Wake1 »

So, quick question for everyone else.

Since it's Day 1 this is the Day when there will be the most Town to Mimes in the game. Odds are good that if I shoot Day 1, the chances of me hitting Town are best.

So, I'm saying all of you should vote who I should Vig (the person most likely NOT to be a Mime).
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 210, Rautherdir wrote:Well, I'm still waiting on two more volunteers to never get lynched before I can reveal my plan.
In post 116, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:@Rutherdir: any reads so far as in anyone you’re possibly leaning to as vig worthy?
Why haven’t you answered this yet?
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

In post 211, Wake1 wrote:So, quick question for everyone else.

Since it's Day 1 this is the Day when there will be the most Town to Mimes in the game. Odds are good that if I shoot Day 1, the chances of me hitting Town are best.

So, I'm saying all of you should vote who I should Vig (the person most likely NOT to be a Mime).
You mean soft voting because real voting will result in an actual lynch.

And then we have Rauth with a plan that may possibly contradict yours as my #1 tr I think is in his never lynching pool.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:48 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Ok I volunteer to never get lynched
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 135, Hectic wrote:
In post 70, Rautherdir wrote:So, the group is Me, Enter, Venmar and I think Farkran volunteered?
That would leave two more slots to volunteer, and the vig still needs to claim when they show up.
Very interested in this plan of yours, Rau.
I nominate myself as champion.
@Rauth you have a full team by my calculations
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:54 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Like only if the plan is good
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 216, DrDolittle wrote:Like only if the plan is good
This is true for everyone in the team. I'm very curious about the plan, because it looks similar to how i would play this game but there may be inherent flaws in the choice of survivors, so... yeah i'd like to hear what Rauth thought
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 210, Rautherdir wrote:Well, I'm still waiting on two more volunteers to never get lynched before I can reveal my plan.
You've taken note of my volunteer. Right, Rau?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Hectic »

I've decided to rebel against the spirit of this game as I actually
love
mafia. I know this will come as a disappointment to those who were looking forward to lynch me, as several have expressed up to this point that I am "conftown based on his gamesolving" but sorry friends, I enjoy the game far too much to go out like that.
Pyrrha Nikos
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Pyrrha Nikos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Pyrrha Nikos »

I wanted to offer, I just wanted him to either give some reads or at least have some clue what the plan is first. :/
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Hectic »

To whoever asked me why I voted for Farkhan:
It was because I was townreading him early on based on reasons I have now completely forgotten but will likely come back to in the future once I ISO him. Hope this helps.

UNVOTE: Venmar

I'm of the opinion that we should keep very strong townreads around to help gamesolve since we plan on lynching them eventually anyway. That opinion extends to Rau currently. Enter would be useful to have around as well, though my townread is not as strong on that particular individual.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:47 am

Post by Hectic »

Hmm, why did I unvote Venmar in that same post? Didn't really notice myself doing it. Very strange.
Perhaps I have an subconscious strong townread on him and as a result I automatically unvoted while making that post.
Thing is, keeping all of our strong townreads alive would be impractical as we do have to avoid lynching Mimes, so I can settle for my 3rd or 4th strongest townread.

VOTE: Venmar
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 220, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:I wanted to offer, I just wanted him to either give some reads or at least have some clue what the plan is first. :/
Interesting.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Rautherdir »

I didn't notice Hectic volunteering. The group is me, Enter, Venmar, Farkran, Hectic, and DrDolittle. There are now four possibilities. Either 0, 1, 2, or 3 mimes are in the group that volunteered. The game is now divided into three groups, the vig, the group that volunteered, and everyone else.

What's going to happen next, is we're going to ignore what I said earlier about not lynching in that group. The vig is going to shoot someone. Anyone except themselves. And as long as there aren't 2 mimes in that group then town wins.

If the vig shoots town, then the lynch will be in the group the vig shot in. If the vig shoots a mime, then the lynch will be in the group the vig didn't shoot.
On every future day, if the previous day's lynch was on town then you'll lynch in the same group that player was in. If the previous day's lynch was on a mime then you'll lynch in the other group.
Once there are the same number of town and mimes, not including the vig, lynch the vig, and get a town victory.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”