Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 674, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 672, Menalque wrote:More probably

I forget that I’m meant to not know everyone’s alignment
Yeah that's what I guessed, and why I was a bit uneasy about you.

But that's minor stuff, I expect my read on you to work itself out eventually.
Mmm, I mean if you genuinely think I’m >my norm confident then that’s probably a valid reason to be wary of me I just don’t think I am
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Menalque »

/don’t think I’m presenting that way
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Menalque »

SS, what do you think of datisi and icon?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Datisi has a pretty bad Amrun progression but otherwise unremarkable.

Iconeum and seem pretty genuine.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Menalque »

What do you think of the fact that I have a very recent completed game with them and that they both kind of disappeared once I said I was either TRing or TLing them?

Prob less AI for icon due to his standing weekend VLA
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Menalque »

I find the shift in activity uncomfortable

What do you think is bad about dats’ amrun progression?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 am

I think activity is a lot less often alignment indicative than people think it is. I don't really see what would be wrong with those behaviors.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:10 am

In post 680, Menalque wrote:What do you think is bad about dats’ amrun progression?
It was totally unexplained and then when she did explain it she didn't really explain it, if that makes any sense.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 600, alimdia wrote:
In post 591, DogWatch wrote:Im uneasy about meanlque.
Why? You joined the wagon?

Thats all for tonight, had to catch up all my games, I will investigate the rapid Amrun wagon and its equally rapid collapse, along with the people in the wagon.

In the meantime, this is reminding me of another game where nobody ever follows my pushes.

UNVOTE:

Why did you say the wagon collapsed? I think it lost one vote at max.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:13 am

Like when I pressed her about it she finally gave which for the most part just described behaviors and didn't say why they were likely to come from scum.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Amrun »

@menal: what’s your take on GL right now?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 560, Menalque wrote:Datisi why are you not posting more
I'm having a hard time getting into this game for some reason
In post 571, Salamence20 wrote:I mean to say Datisi and creature would look worse than the others on a townflip since they actually look to be decent players
lol
In post 595, Salamence20 wrote:Hey Datisi, do you always do notetaking in your own pt?
Nope, I've done it in just one game
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 684, Something_Smart wrote:Like when I pressed her about it she finally gave which for the most part just described behaviors and didn't say why they were likely to come from scum.
Yeah, those were the behaviors that made me comfortable enough to be on the wagon/that I could see as scum-indicative

I thought my progression of "hey look this looks like a semi-decent case might as well throw my vote there" was self-explanatory
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:45 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.4

amrun [4] - Datisi, Iconeum, GuiltyLion, Creature
GuiltyLion [5] - texcat, Amrun, AaronFrost, Salamence20, Dogwatch
texcat [1] - DrDolittle
DrDolittle [1] - Menalque

Not Voting [3]
- Something_Smart, Pretentious, alimdia

With 14 alive it takes 8 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-12-11 13:35:31)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 am

Post by DrDolittle »

What's the counter against my taxact vote
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Datisi »

Why did you vote gl just to change your vote a couple of posts later?
~M
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:59 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I have townreads on Creature ico pret menal and to a lesser degree amrun and ali.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:00 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I voted gl. Then I read. Then I voted not gl?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:03 am

Post by Datisi »

Yeah that's fair, I'm kinda asking why?
~M
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:07 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I'm not yet invested in this game I guess
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 582, AaronFrost wrote:amrun [7] - Menalque, Datisi, Iconeum, AaronFrost,
{Dogwatch, GuiltyLion, Creature}
<-- Pretty sure at least one of these three are scum. Possibly more than one.

PEDIT: I think his hop on the Amrun wagon was the worst
In post 584, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 489, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm updating my townreads to include AF and Datisi.
Amrun is a spicy wagon that I think has p good odds of scum and I'm gonna join it, but right now I feel I got a stronger read on alimdia
. I think the S_S tunnel is a distraction and disingenuous, and has given alimdia cover not to comment on anything else actually relevant going on.

VOTE: Amrun
Why exactly did he join the wagon anyways? He makes it clear that his read on alimdia is much stronger but then joins the wagon after saying scum is on it because... why? How is he reading Amrun? He never says.

Earlier he also stated he townreads Icon, Mena, Dogwatch and Creature. Then before he hops on he includes me and Datisi in his townreads. That's literally the entire wagon right there.
first off - I see this happen a lot in mafia games. Someone acts scummy (regardless of their alignment), someone relatively town leader-esque presents a case, and a whole bunch of people town or scum jump on because the slot looks scummy.

That doesn't mean the suspicious slot is suddenly town now. You all are just assuming Amrun is town because a wagon sprung up. Good wagons can go fast especially if townies are mind-melding. I strongly disagree that wagon speed is ever indicative of alignment and if anything I think scum are often afraid to sheep onto fast mislynch wagons because they know it's a mislynch.

Then, you say, "there is no counter wagon!". What just happened on the last 4 pages should make it pretty clear that
I am now the counterwagon

Finally, I don't just hop on that wagon as scum. Like, let's make a similar argument S_S was making earlier in the game. If I, as town, always have novel and detailed and well-founded reasons to vote someone, why would I not make an effort to recreate those as scum? Do you really think scum!me is so blasé and arguably
stupid
to talk about how I think alimdia odds of scum are >> than Amrun odds of scum yet still vote the leading clear wagon?

I already explained that I was townreading the people on the Amrun wagon and that it's far more useful to join game-advancing wagons than to vanity vote in a game with a large number of players. I'm not townreading Amrun and so I feel comfortable voting for her. I'm not gonna pretend like I've got some cool new insightful scumtell that provides me with An Original Reason To Vote This Wagon when I don't have one, I just liked the case Menalque was making, didn't scumread anybody on the wagon, and felt it would be a good vote.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 586, AaronFrost wrote:If he's townreading everyone on the wagon, then how is there good odds of scum on it from his point of view?

PEDIT: Really seems like he cares how he looks in that post. Like I feel like as town no matter what you should go for your strongest scumreads.

there's two or three days left in this game and I know I don't have the pull right now to convince 7 other people to vote alimdia with me.

Also, I said it was good odds Amrun is scum, not that there are good odds of scum on it.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 611, Something_Smart wrote:So I wouldn't exactly say I townread him, that's asking for disaster given our history, but I definitely see how his posts could be coming from a town mindset.
what games have there been where you've townread me when I was scum? From my recollection you just pretty much always scumread me and then are wrong most of the time because I'm town most of the time
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 642, Menalque wrote:
In post 629, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 620, Menalque wrote:I think at this point I'm more confident on this

VOTE: ddl
I have no issue with this, but anyway you would be willing to compromise on DW?
Not rly I think she’s newb!town

I do wanna see her response to me tho
I've played with GinghamDog before, look up her history. She's smart and she's not a newb.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I actually do agree though I think both DooLittle and Dogwatch are town, still. I think scum in my voters would actually be on the early side of the wagon, either texcat or Amrun. Or both!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”