Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Menalque »

also with no offence intended if your main point against A50 is that he's not doing anything meaningful I honestly think that's town!indicative for him
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by Menalque »

why don't you think Dunn is scummy?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

what do you think dunn would be doing differently here if he were scum?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Because I feel like Norwegian's actually been trying to progress the game more than most - his poor progression invites pressure onto himself that he could have avoided. Does it automatically make him Town? No, but there are better candidates imo.

A50 has been lying low, playing it safe while not doing anything to solve the game or push his biggest SR. He's also using excuses for his lack of effort, which he did in the last game I played with him where he was scum. His FL 'spew' excuse was particularly bad.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1427, Menalque wrote:what do you think dunn would be doing differently here if he were scum?
He might have kept himself more open to my lynch while I was L-2. He was the only one to really speak out against my wagon. He's also shown a similar thought process to my own on a few different occasions.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1428, Luca Blight wrote:Because I feel like Norwegian's actually been trying to progress the game more than most - his poor progression invites pressure onto himself that he could have avoided. Does it automatically make him Town? No, but there are better candidates imo.

A50 has been lying low, playing it safe while not doing anything to solve the game or push his biggest SR. He's also using excuses for his lack of effort, which he did in the last game I played with him where he was scum. His FL 'spew' excuse was particularly bad.
why has norway been trying to progress the game vs direct it as scum? how does his poor progression invite pressure onto himself that he could have avoided -- like what do you think poor progression means?

to me I think poor progression indicates a lack of real reads. if norway doesn't have real reads, then he's not really trying to progress the game

if he does have real reads and has been trying to progress the game, why are his progressions on multiple slots so bad?

re: A50 I think he's a LHF lynch in this gamestate and I don't see why any of that makes him scum. Last game I played with him (C9++) I'm pretty sure he also made excuses and didn't do stuff, and he was town there. so that's NAI
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Tea »

In post 1292, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1286, pisskop wrote:
In post 990, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You know we’d just ignore everything you just said when we see that redflip right?
Kind of disliking norway here, and this interaction w/flavor isnt helping.
This coming from the guy that lynched obvtown slots in nomination mafia. I'd sooner trust FL's words in his villainous breakdown rant than your reads.
Oh... norway is probably scum tbh.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1429, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1427, Menalque wrote:what do you think dunn would be doing differently here if he were scum?
He might have kept himself more open to my lynch while I was L-2. He was the only one to really speak out against my wagon. He's also shown a similar thought process to my own on a few different occasions.
okay, but let's say dolly/wake are town

then him speaking out against you in case you go through is a safe way to score some townpoints and potentially pocket you

what were the cases where you think he showed the same thought process as you?

basically: why are either of these things necessarily more likely to come from town!dunn than scum!dunn

although I don't want to get into this too much because I think lynching norway is the priority for today
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1431, Tea wrote:
In post 1292, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1286, pisskop wrote:
In post 990, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You know we’d just ignore everything you just said when we see that redflip right?
Kind of disliking norway here, and this interaction w/flavor isnt helping.
This coming from the guy that lynched obvtown slots in nomination mafia. I'd sooner trust FL's words in his villainous breakdown rant than your reads.
Oh... norway is probably scum tbh.
cool, let's lynch him
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Tea »

In post 1369, Menalque wrote:I mean I’m gonna point it out, but I’m on my phone rn and it’s like a very established meta of mine that I don’t do cases unless I’m on my laptop
That's not meta, that's human nature
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Tea »

In post 1375, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1372, Menalque wrote:
In post 717, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 709, Wake1 wrote:Like I said, I hate Day 1 for obvious reasons. I've got nothing to work with.

And if THAT's your reason to mislynch me, LOL. You're not going to force me to post when I hate Day 1.

I do, however, notice who acts and who doesn't in response to me saying I don't like Day 1.
Wow.
VOTE: Wake88
“I was against the wake wagon for the longest time until D3”

Mmm

Hmmm
I was the first one that unvoted when the wagon was L-1 and went for PMysterious instead. Why would i do that if i wasn't unsure about Wake being the best option?
Yes... what a wonderful point in your favor
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Menalque »

oh chenn is doing the catch up thing where he reads through

enjoy chenn
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler: A50's Luca progression
In post 413, Almost50 wrote:
In post 67, Luca Blight wrote:The whole
'crafting an RVS vote before getting a role PM
' thing seems weird to me, though. I could see this being a lie, because I can't imagine why anyone would make an RVS post before the game has even opened.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Layla
I liked you for the post just before this none and was getting ready to move your name to the Town leans group, but this brought you back to the middle group of nulls. It's not scummy it itself, but you voted Tea so I got the impression you were all caught up until that point, so why did you suddenly have that change of heart?
In post 414, Almost50 wrote:By the time I am at the top of page 4 I am confused. One of Nor, Tea and Luca is scum here. I just dunno which.
In post 455, Almost50 wrote:
In post 424, Luca Blight wrote:Why is it scummy to suddenly have a change of heart?
Because it's a
sudden
change of heart. It feels as if it came off the left side, as if you realized you made a mistake and tried to correct it immediately. Maybe I'm not explaining it the way I should, so just accept that I think it was unwarranted. I had expected you to either stay on Tea for some time (if only for a test reaction) or to have not voted him in the first place.

Like, what if I voted you right now, only to unvote and vote elsewhere (say between Wake/Tea/Nor) in my very next post? How would you feel about me in that hypothetical situation?
In post 1133, Almost50 wrote:Between the 2 candidates; Luca certainly is my preferred lynch. I still would rather Tea though as I have an inexplicable bad gut feeling on him.

VOTE: Luca
In post 1233, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1189, Luca Blight wrote:Are you so sure that I'm scum that you're willing to be lynched next if you're wrong?
I know that wasn't directed at me, but if it was my answer would be
definitely yes

He liked my first post, but had me as a SL for changing my mind on my opening vote. He maintains this SR based on this until D3, despite me being the second highest poster in the game. There is no development in his read on me or Tea whatsoever, despite Tea also being one of the more involved players. He drops his Nor SR literally because Gamma told him to.

He then says he is so confident I'm scum he would be willing to take the next lynch if I flipped Town. What is this confidence based on exactly? He's just retaliating after my points made against him.
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Tea »

Hot take let's lynch Dolly rn
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Tea »

In post 1437, Luca Blight wrote:
' thing seems weird to me, though. I could see this being a lie, because I can't imagine why anyone would make an RVS post before the game has even opened.

UNVOTE:

I liked you for the post just before this none and was getting ready to move your name to the Town leans group, but this brought you back to the middle group of nulls. It's not scummy it itself, but you voted Tea so I got the impression you were all caught up until that point, so why did you suddenly have that change of heart?
In post 414, Almost50 wrote:By the time I am at the top of page 4 I am confused. One of Nor, Tea and Luca is scum here. I just dunno which.
In post 424, Luca Blight wrote:Why is it scummy to suddenly have a change of heart?
Because it's a
sudden
change of heart. It feels as if it came off the left side, as if you realized you made a mistake and tried to correct it immediately. Maybe I'm not explaining it the way I should, so just accept that I think it was unwarranted. I had expected you to either stay on Tea for some time (if only for a test reaction) or to have not voted him in the first place.

Like, what if I voted you right now, only to unvote and vote elsewhere (say between Wake/Tea/Nor) in my very next post? How would you feel about me in that hypothetical situation?
In post 1133, Almost50 wrote:Between the 2 candidates; Luca certainly is my preferred lynch. I still would rather Tea though as I have an inexplicable bad gut feeling on him.

In post 1189, Luca Blight wrote:Are you so sure that I'm scum that you're willing to be lynched next if you're wrong?
definitely yes

He liked my first post, but had me as a SL for changing my mind on my opening vote. He maintains this SR based on this until D3, despite me being the second highest poster in the game. There is no development in his read on me or Tea whatsoever, despite Tea also being one of the more involved players. He drops his Nor SR literally because Gamma told him to.

He then says he is so confident I'm scum he would be willing to take the next lynch if I flipped Town. What is this confidence based on exactly? He's just retaliating after my points made against him.
This hubris from A50 is... probably town
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Tea »

I think norwegian could be scum
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Tea »

I think faking hubris is the #1 thing he does as scum
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

A50 literally asked to be lynched in the last game I played with him where he was scum. His play is very similar to this game. I don't want to hear meta arguments supporting him.
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Tea »

Tbh these developments have shaken a lot of my reads on the game as a whole.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1440, Tea wrote:I think norwegian could be scum
:giggle:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted:
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1437, Luca Blight wrote:

UNVOTE:

Because it's a
sudden

definitely yes

He liked my first post, but had me as a SL for changing my mind on my opening vote. He maintains this SR based on this until D3,
despite me being the second highest poster in the game.
There is no development in his read on me or Tea whatsoever, despite Tea also being one of the more involved players. He drops his Nor SR literally because Gamma told him to.

why does this matter?

can you show me the bit where he drops the nor SR because of gamma?

tbh I think willingness (or stated willingness) to be lynched for your reads comes slightly more often from town

but like overall I don't really think that this is very scum!indicative for A50
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Tea »

In post 1436, Menalque wrote:oh chenn is doing the catch up thing where he reads through

enjoy chenn
Buckle up this will be longer

Spoiler: response
layla progression: probably irrelevant/nai comparatively so bye

FL: His posts certainly seem to be trying to set up an associative that makes him seem better and it seems very opportunistic in timing and TMI in content.

"Actually re-reading the game. This post is BIG yikes! Holy shit."
Like I can easily see at least two objectives
1) Make it easier to get off my wagon
2) Make it look like he had actual thoughts about FL

Chem: The reason he's joking is so he can be non-committal.

Norwegian: I mean, I do think revealing that I wasn't you gave him significant room to do shit

I think the blatantly bad part is his read on me before I revealed I was me and the turnaround is actually ironically one of his towniest things

I also think the menalque vote didn't seem overly opportunistic given that I think it's really hard for him to lynch you today
Tea
Tea
Goon
Tea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Tea »

It wasn't longer but ok
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

This is where he drops his Nor SR:
In post 1169, Luca Blight wrote:Also look at how there's been no development in A50's reads. He made up his mind by page four that'd he'd SR me, Nor and Tea, and nothing has changed until now. The only reason I can see he dropped the Nor read was because Gamma told him to:
In post 572, Almost50 wrote:
In post 550, Gamma Emerald wrote:More Tea votes please
In post 552, Gamma Emerald wrote:Btw Nor is town
VOTE: Tea

Btw, I don't even drink coffee, so now I'm confined to drinking milk, juice & soda.
He's done no game-solving whatsoever since then, he hasn't questioned or changed his mind on any of his TR's (of which there were many) that I can see.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Menalque »

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”