he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1398, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1392, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1390, AaronFrost wrote:Are we sure that Pret was a scum kill though? Because Salamence was mostly townread from what I remember so I think scum was more likely to kill him.
Interesting. You think that Boon was a vig shot because Salamence was the scum kill?
Possibly, but probabaly unlikely with how little town guns there are
Yeah but this probably implies a scum cross-shot unless scum chose to stack shots for late game
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1398, AaronFrost wrote:Possibly, but probabaly unlikely with how little town guns there are
Please expand on this, as much as you can.

I'm not trying to needle you for a contradiction or anything, I just want to hear your thoughts.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:34 am

Post by Datisi »

Hah, it actually read to me as a fake ~townslip~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:34 am

Post by AaronFrost »

I didn't forget that scum could pick guns. I guess for a hot minute I thought scum could only kill if they had guns.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Menalque »

@dats what do you think about the pret kill?
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:35 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1402, Datisi wrote:Hah, it actually read to me as a fake ~townslip~
that's why I try really hard not to read too much into slips of any nature.. but it is something I picked up on regardless
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Datisi »

Hmm, I was waiting for you to ask that. Not much.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:39 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 1401, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1398, AaronFrost wrote:Possibly, but probabaly unlikely with how little town guns there are
Please expand on this, as much as you can.

I'm not trying to needle you for a contradiction or anything, I just want to hear your thoughts.
Right now I'm trying to figure out what warranted killing Pret and whether it was a town kill or a scum kill.

Dogwatch
Iconeum
DrDolittle
alimdia
Texcat
AaronFrost

He was scumreading Datisi towards the end of yesterday and then brought these names up as potential partners.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:41 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Yeah now that I think about it both kills were probably scum kills.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: DogWatch

The transition to the Creature vote felt forced to me, like scum finally deciding to hop onto a mislynch
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:47 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1409, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: DogWatch

The transition to the Creature vote felt forced to me, like scum finally deciding to hop onto a mislynch
I don't need to force a vote on someone I've been scumreading since early game, GL.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

That's my point though, you claimed to be scumreading him the whole game yet were bizarrely reluctant to actually join his wagon once it took off
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 960, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 799, DogWatch wrote:My problem right now is that my two top scum reads don't make much sense together. GL and Creature BOTH being scum seems really unlikely considering how fast they jumped the amrun wagon one after the other, and I know they're both better players than to do something that sloppy and obvious if the efforts were scum-coordinated.
SCUM with Creature. Maybe scum regardless.

I doubt you have little reason to not be voting creature right now since its the stronger read. And I doubt there has been anything that would make GL worse than creature.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:59 am

Post by DogWatch »

I explained my hesitancy to vote him at the time, and I also explained why I eventually moved from you to him, so I don't see why you find anything about it 'forced.'
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:08 am

Post by DogWatch »

I also think it's a pretty comical accusation from someone who jumped on the amrun wagon the way you did.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Iconeum »

vla weekend
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1413, DogWatch wrote:I explained my hesitancy to vote him at the time, and I also explained why I eventually moved from you to him, so I don't see why you find anything about it 'forced.'
This is like, my entire point though. You made very sure to explain to us throughout that you were scumreading Creature. Then when a wagon started on him, you made very sure to explain to us that you were not sure what to do. Then when you voted him, you made very sure to tell us why you were finally voting him. It reads like a mechanical and crafted/calculated scum trajectory, not organic town doing shit to try to generate information.
In post 1414, DogWatch wrote:I also think it's a pretty comical accusation from someone who jumped on the amrun wagon the way you did.
"comical", why use that word instead of something that might describe my alignment? You're more focused on discrediting the content of what I'm saying than evaluating me. And are we really still talking about that damn amrun vote when there's been probably 1000 posts since then?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

it's also just kinda ridiculous to compare the two. My Amrun vote received flack because it was barely explained and I spent most of my time calling out another player. I was accused of opportunistically sheeping.

Here, I am accusing you of having
all the reasons in the world
to vote Creature, yet it still took you a long time to do it and you seemed very self-conscious about what might happen when you do.

It's two different behaviors and yours is the more scum-indicative one
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:36 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1416, GuiltyLion wrote:This is like, my entire point though. You made very sure to explain to us throughout that you were scumreading Creature. Then when a wagon started on him, you made very sure to explain to us that you were not sure what to do. Then when you voted him, you made very sure to tell us why you were finally voting him. It reads like a mechanical and crafted/calculated scum trajectory, not organic town doing shit to try to generate information.
Because one of the criticisms of this game was that few people were explaining their votes, so it made sense to do that. I just think it's good to explain your thought process when you vote.
In post 1416, GuiltyLion wrote: "comical", why use that word instead of something that might describe my alignment? You're more focused on discrediting the content of what I'm saying than evaluating me. And are we really still talking about that damn amrun vote when there's been probably 1000 posts since then?
I can't just state what I think? It struck me as funny, that's all. And I don't think your vote is AI, so there's no reason to describe your alignment in relation to it.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1417, GuiltyLion wrote:Here, I am accusing you of having
all the reasons in the world
to vote Creature, yet it still took you a long time to do it and you seemed very self-conscious about what might happen when you do.
Did you not have very similar situation with alimdia when you voted amrun? I don't think these circumstances are as different as you think.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1419, DogWatch wrote:Did you not have very similar situation with alimdia when you voted amrun? I don't think these circumstances are as different as you think.
It would have been similar if
- I stated I was scumreading alimdia throughout the game, similar to how I had (I later changed my mind but that's kinda irrelevant to this)
- Menalque or some other person started an alimdia wagon and it got 3-4 votes
- I didn't vote alimdia and made a post declaring how unsure I was about moving my vote, despite the fact that I had proclaimed a strong scumread on him earlier in the game
- I waited until basically a day before deadline before finally voting alimdia
- Alimdia flipped town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

like I would have less of a problem with you if you had hopped on Creature immediately. Are you understanding that?
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:46 am

Post by DogWatch »

Fair enough, they're not so similar really. But I disagree about being mechanical in any way, it could be that we just think things through differently or articulate them in different ways. I notice your posts lean more on the side of stream of consciousness.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:47 am

Post by DogWatch »

In post 1421, GuiltyLion wrote:like I would have less of a problem with you if you had hopped on Creature immediately. Are you understanding that?
I do, but since my vote was on you, you naturally would :D
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

how about we talk about who you think might be scum on the Creature wagon if it's not you? I think at least one scum definitely voted him at some point, more likely towards the end of the day, and I'm curious who you think that would be if it's not you

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”