gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:33 am

Post by gobbledygook »

It looks we were in the same game for Masquerade but I don’t know who he was in that game
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:36 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 60, Cephrir wrote:Turkey why are you made of wood this game
Yeah explain the basis for this comment
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 74, gobbledygook wrote:I do find it interesting that Cephrir seems to imply he has some sort of meta feel for me when we have played together at the same time in 0 completed games as far as I can remember
I'm no meta warrior, don't worry. But I'd be concerned about this feeling from any player, and I'm more bothered by a response that's kind of irrelevant to the question I asked than any of the behavior itself. I don't see why trying not to post too much would decrease the quality of the posts you *have* made. If anything, shouldn't there be more heart to them?

I don't think this is a huge deal or anything, just a way of getting into the swing of things.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 7, gobbledygook wrote:VOTE: Hopkirk
What the fuck is this shit. Best case scenario is it's some kind of stupid little joke, and if it is you'd better not quit your fucking dayjob.
In post 9, gobbledygook wrote:@everyone, why did everyone choose this game?
I didn't think you'd be in it.
In post 11, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 10, KittyMo wrote:Will you answer this too?
I didn't :( I wanted to be in the other open game, but I think I was too heavy handed my own personal blacklist and bob got pushed into it instead
I specifically didn't want this game because it is particularly difficult to win as town
Starting to wish I'd made a fucking blacklist. I can already see these fuckers lining up and planning their gamethrows.

In post 36, Dannflor wrote:I feel like my scum game is overrated

but that’s just me
Don't worry, we all agree that you're overrated.
Talked it out with the team a bit and none of us actually know who you are but that still makes you pretty damn overrated from what I've seen so far. Don't put this village idiot on l1 anytime soon. I know you want to stop embarrassing yourself but I'm not letting you selfhammer yourself out of the pain that quickly you little scumfuck. I'm going to make this drawn out and fucking painful.
In post 53, Donempire wrote:Fuckers
Fuck. You.
In post 55, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 50, Auro wrote:How does the answer to "Why White Flag?" give any useful information? The reasons would have been established prior, and there's no picking games after role assignments anyway.
Well it speaks to the type of person you are generally which is what I want to explore. It is helpful for me to know what type of people I am dealing with since I haven’t played with many of you.

Do you think it is a bad idea to try and introduce discussion into the game?
Hopkirk's already talked about why this is so fucking terrible. First time that cowardly fucker Hopkirk ever did anything worth shit in a game of mafia.
In post 61, gobbledygook wrote:Because no one is posting :(
Nobody wants to talk to you. How about you take the fucking message.
In post 62, gobbledygook wrote:I’m trying not to explode the game because I already have a lot of posts and a sizable portion of the game still hasn’t even checked in
Nope, still missing it. I'd spell it out if I was confident enough you could read for me to think it'd be worth my fucking time.

Elements 'Elements' Elements
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Auro »

In post 73, Hopkirk wrote:Woah, ease up on the reins there buddy. I don't like this. Why are you chasing Dann up on this so fast? He was clearly going to address this, or if he didn't then it'd be much more useful to ask 'hey Dann why didn't you follow up on this'. What do you get from asking him before he's posted again, because it looks like posturing from you - asking townish questions - to me at the moment.
I'll clarify - I wasn't attacking Dann in that comment, I was asking Gobbledygook what he learnt from our responses to his question; and why he said he couldn't reveal the reasons for asking that question.
gobbledygook wrote:Do you think there is scum motivation for asking that question?
There's motivation to ask it as both town and scum. I'm only interested in what you've learned from the rest of our responses.
I can see scum motivation in posting a question designed to appear towny while not having any real justification for it, maintaining secrecy when asked why you did, and giving a tame explanation much later.
What's your experience playing scum? Can you describe your scum playing style? More specifically - if you roll scum, would you allow being coached by your partners?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

woah, sorry about that :o . I think my pal Elements is just a bit excited. I'll talk to him, I'm sure we can get this all sorted out :P

Hoping we have a good fun game everyone :D

Thilbert 'Thrillbert' Thilbert
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 76, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 60, Cephrir wrote:Turkey why are you made of wood this game
Yeah explain the basis for this comment
Sure.
In post 8, gobbledygook wrote:Subject: Team Mafia 2020 Announcement
Hopkirk wrote:Ok, this is getting scary. I've made about a dozen posts in the last hour or so as I connected the dots and the mods have removed or edited all my posts except the ones that make me sound like a raving conspiracy theorist. The clues are all there, look at page one:
In post 0, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Announcing Team Mafia 2020

This
e
vent will begin on January 2nd, 2020. This gives everyone am
p
le time to get team
s
t
og
e
ther and for those who wish to part
i
cipate to wi
n
d down their current commitments.

Team Mafia is a site
w
ide event sp
a
nning five game
s
. Teams of four players will be given the opportunity to choose four out of the five ga
m
es t
o
be place
d
in, and will wor
k
together to w
i
n their chosen games. Scoring, based on whether or not your team was in winning games, wi
ll
d
e
termine the overall winners of the event. The winning team will receive a banner for their accounts that will be
d
isplayed until the next Team Mafia event or the next Scummies, whichever comes first. The tentative plan for the five games will be

1. A large theme, run by Lizard people
2. A mini theme, run by the Illuminati
3. A mini normal, run by The Masons (fuck masons)
4. A white flag open, run by Lizard people
5. Assassinations of anyone who worked out what we're really up to, run by Micc
Only scum make posts like that
This post had a great opportunity to be funny. It just falls on its face instead.
In post 18, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 17, KittyMo wrote:
In post 11, gobbledygook wrote:
I didn't :( I wanted to be in the other open game, but I think I was too heavy handed my own personal blacklist and bob got pushed into it instead
I specifically didn't want this game because it is particularly difficult to win as town
I mean, apparently the random lynch EV is almost 48%. I suspect the team aspect can fix some of the issues that cause towns to do worse in practice.
I might be wrong but I thought the EV and actual win rate were vastly disproportionate and not in town’s favor. But you’re right I should look to see how often Tm towns win white flag rather than just generic white flags.
I'm put off by your use of unnecessary big words, which I'm not aware of being characteristic of you, and focusing on theory out the gate is never my favorite thing
In post 55, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 50, Auro wrote:How does the answer to "Why White Flag?" give any useful information? The reasons would have been established prior, and there's no picking games after role assignments anyway.
Well it speaks to the type of person you are generally which is what I want to explore. It is helpful for me to know what type of people I am dealing with since I haven’t played with many of you.

Do you think it is a bad idea to try and introduce discussion into the game?
This post sounds like a robot wrote it.
In post 59, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 57, Auro wrote:
In post 13, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 12, Dannflor wrote:Why did you ask that question?
I will reveal this once everyone has answered
It's perfectly fine to introduce a discussion point, but why not just explain that at the beginning?
What have you learnt from the responses?
I feel like you want some grand explanation when in reality it’s not that grand at all. Do you think there is scum motivation for asking that question?
I think this line of questioning is lame
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

is elements doing a bit or something? idgi
Bartleby the Scrivener
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:44 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Big words? You mean like particularly, disproportionate, and generic?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:46 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Hopkirk please do not ever address a post like that to me again.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 79, Auro wrote:
In post 73, Hopkirk wrote:Woah, ease up on the reins there buddy. I don't like this. Why are you chasing Dann up on this so fast? He was clearly going to address this, or if he didn't then it'd be much more useful to ask 'hey Dann why didn't you follow up on this'. What do you get from asking him before he's posted again, because it looks like posturing from you - asking townish questions - to me at the moment.
I'll clarify - I wasn't attacking Dann in that comment, I was asking Gobbledygook what he learnt from our responses to his question; and why he said he couldn't reveal the reasons for asking that question.
gobbledygook wrote:Do you think there is scum motivation for asking that question?
There's motivation to ask it as both town and scum. I'm only interested in what you've learned from the rest of our responses.
I can see scum motivation in posting a question designed to appear towny while not having any real justification for it, maintaining secrecy when asked why you did, and giving a tame explanation much later.
What's your experience playing scum? Can you describe your scum playing style? More specifically - if you roll scum, would you allow being coached by your partners?
Looking back I definitely misinterpreted what you were saying in at least two ways.
In post 82, Cephrir wrote:is elements doing a bit or something? idgi
I'm not sure. Not 100% sure he's supposed to be posting in this game when he's in the large, but kind of afraid to tell him not to.

Hopkirk 'Hoppers' Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I actually had to drop out of team mafia due to scheduling issues. Kind of disappointed that I'm going to have to leave my debut on the site for a while but luckily Thilbert 'Thrillbert' Thilbert was happy to take my place.

I'd just like to note that I am alive. I noticed that Hopkirk's post in the team mafia thread when he said I was subbing out kind of implied I died during a game of strip russian roulette, and I'm happy to say this isn't true. I only have a slight limp.

Jcras 'Flames' Jcras
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 84, gobbledygook wrote:Hopkirk please do not ever address a post like that to me again.
Don't worry I won't.

Elements on the other hand...

Hopkirk 'Hop' Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: Gobbledegook

Team 'Team' Team
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Auro »

In post 79, Auro wrote:What's your experience playing scum? Can you describe your scum playing style? More specifically - if you roll scum, would you allow being coached by your partners?
@Gobbledygook.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:16 am

Post by gobbledygook »

not ignoring you auro, just driving
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:24 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 79, Auro wrote:There's motivation to ask it as both town and scum. I'm only interested in what you've learned from the rest of our responses.
That is a fair assertion. I had two main reasons for asking the question. 1) I wanted to understand the types of players in this game. I wanted to see if it was going to be a lot of people with big personalities or people who thought highly of themselves a la RC/Mastina/Kuribo, etc. It appears that this playerlist is not like that at all, judging from the responses. Save for probably Dongempire. 2) I wanted it to get us out of RVS by giving us SOMETHING to talk about.

I have only played scum twice. Both in New York.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80850
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80463

I would say that as scum I generally do not care if I get lynched because I hate playing it so I do things that are probably suicidal from an outsider's perspective.
Yes, I would allow my teammates to coach me, but if I was scum I would have told them the same thing and probably to save their breath.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 83, gobbledygook wrote:Big words? You mean like particularly, disproportionate, and generic?
More or less
Particularly is a lovely fluffy word that sounds smart and doesn't mean much of anything
Bartleby the Scrivener
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:32 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 77, Cephrir wrote:
In post 74, gobbledygook wrote:I do find it interesting that Cephrir seems to imply he has some sort of meta feel for me when we have played together at the same time in 0 completed games as far as I can remember
I'm no meta warrior, don't worry. But I'd be concerned about this feeling from any player, and I'm more bothered by a response that's kind of irrelevant to the question I asked than any of the behavior itself. I don't see why trying not to post too much would decrease the quality of the posts you *have* made. If anything, shouldn't there be more heart to them?

I don't think this is a huge deal or anything, just a way of getting into the swing of things.
I mean I don't understand why you think my posts lack quality. I think they have quality because they are helping me understand people and move the game state along.

I also find your comment that you are not a "meta warrior" a bit disingenuous when you then go on to say
In post 81, Cephrir wrote:I'm put off by your use of unnecessary big words, which I'm not aware of being characteristic of you
I also disagree that I even used "big" words. It wasn't like I was talking about psychological terminology or other highfalutin vocabulary. I am confused by what you would even consider a big word other than disproportionate which doesn't even seem to fit with the idea of a "big" word unless you literally mean the amount of letters which is just ???
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

:shrug:

I'd rather move on and talk about something else at this point
Bartleby the Scrivener
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 am

Post by gobbledygook »

So I used a, single "particularly"

That is a ridiculous

VOTE: Cephrir
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Dannflor »

I am leaning towards that you're both town. I see what Cephrir is saying about gobble having wooden posting. It's not an insult, in fact I usually have that quality too when I'm try harding in RVS early as town.

But regardless of how effective gobble's question is to generating AI discussion, I think he seems pretty earnest about it?

My only problem is the amount of defensiveness you've shown gobble, and why you've jumped so quickly to Cephrir making a bad faith read on your slot. I get it if you don't think your posting has been bad at all (which is a purely subjective thing), but do you at least see why Auro/me would interpret your question as empty? Also, do you have any reads beyond Cephrir at this point?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

Oh duck warned me to keep an eye on him because of his entrance but I like Auro so far too

Also is Hopkirk a hydra or just one person doing a bit? A hydra isn't allowed, right?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 96, Dannflor wrote:My only problem is the amount of defensiveness you've shown gobble, and why you've jumped so quickly to Cephrir making a bad faith read on your slot. I get it if you don't think your posting has been bad at all (which is a purely subjective thing), but do you at least see why Auro/me would interpret your question as empty? Also, do you have any reads beyond Cephrir at this point?
I'm just tired of being the day 1 lynch. It's been like 6 games now and its uber frustrating because I would say I am above 60% for catching scum but it doesn't matter people just do not understand me and kill me.

I honestly do not know what to make of you. I can't tell if Cephrir was being opportunistic by voting me first while you and Auro were pretty openly probing me with skeptical sounding questions or if you guys are town for not voting me despite the tone of your posts implying that you want to
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Hopkirk's thing is a meme. I would appreciate it if he did not do the "cluck you" meme anymore because it wasn't funny and this isn't a Bill Burr or George Carlin standup night

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”