hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 457, Klick wrote: I don't think I've seen Shadow play Mafia, but we're good friends from LSGs. She's a reasonable person, and if she's town I trust her enough to work with her towards solving this.
I know that's not really a straight answer to your question, but I don't know how to answer it as it's stated. I don't know how good her reads are, but I think we should be able to have good conversations about our reads as the game goes on.
So what I'm getting at with the question is: you had this really weird approach to Shadoweh where you voted her but mostly just to get her to notice you. You liked her responses. And her vote target was the only person in your teams top scum tier! It seems pretty inconsistent that you care
so much
about Shadoweh's opinion you're openly begging her to engage with you multiple times, but now when you're switching from voting her to voting her top suspect you don't say a word about her vote influencing your priors or seeing if she agrees with the same bad parts your team doesn't like or anything. Reading you in ISO, it sure feels like I would have heard about it if the player you voted for was Shadoweh-approved.

actually I think the entire ofrhz wagon has exactly this same sort of disease - there's like three people on it and all of them are sorta reinventing the wheel with no reference on how they like the other people on it, their arguments, etc. Contrast with Klick wagon being entirely driven by Alisae just asking three people to jump on and all of us saying yes. Big lack of solidarity on non-Klick wagons. it's doing a bit of a number to that tentative jj town read I had.

right now I got Alisae/Menal as near locktown (start from and read to end of page, making sure to see the timestamps). Bitmap up there but a distinct tier below because it's mostly just effortell right now. My teammates tell me that the town points I gave to mastina for spewing are closer to null with her specific meta so adjusting the dial to just slight town. gets pretty undifferentiated from there, no super solid scum reads but Klick, Shadoweh, chemist all have stuff that seems a little off to me. I feel like there's a bit of a language barrier with Kerset where I just flat out don't understand how they're getting some of the interpretations they're getting, so that read might take a while to move.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 482, Kerset wrote: It is a first step to discredit bitmap. Just look at mastina.
You're saying...*I*...am discrediting
Bitmap
?

Mate you got those names backwards because one of the reasons why Bitmap is my strongest scumread is that Bitmap has gone out of his way to discredit me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 508, Jingle wrote:This was a yes, in case you're rusty on understanding Jingle.
Well shit.

I'm too tired + short on time to do that right now and work tomorrow, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

The short version: Bitmap's strong focus on me when I am scumreading me + going out of the way to try and discredit me and downplay me as a player, is far more scum indicative and that's what I got.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Bitmap »

hito, are you just town reading Alisae for effort?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by mastina »

May as well give a readslist:

Menalque

Jingle

Chemist1422
Shadoweh

ofrhz
hitogoroshi
Alisae

Gamma Emerald

Klick

Kerset

Bitmap

This brought to you by the "I am getting townreads way too easily" tiredposting mastina who is liking ofrhz, hito, and Ali in addition to the previously-mentioned townreads on Shadoweh, Chemist, Jingle, and Menalque.
(jjh as noted is still deliberately excluded.)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 498, Kerset wrote:
In post 492, Klick wrote:
In post 483, Kerset wrote:
In post 406, Klick wrote:
In post 342, Alisae wrote:I don't think those posts are town indicative.
In fact, I feel like thats the sort of pressure thats applied by scum with the mindset of "how can I make this person look like an idiot as much as possible."
Why would there be any need to make mastina look bad? The general opinion of her in this thread is already negative. That wouldn't serve any purpose.

For what it's worth, I don't think mastina is scum
So is it AI or not?
I'm not sure what you're asking here, sorry. Could you rephrase?
Do you make nonscum read based on this or outside of it? You suggest that this thing is nonaligment indicative.
'This thing' being a bunch of people's negativity towards mastina? No, I don't think that has anything to do with her alignment.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 525, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 457, Klick wrote: I don't think I've seen Shadow play Mafia, but we're good friends from LSGs. She's a reasonable person, and if she's town I trust her enough to work with her towards solving this.
I know that's not really a straight answer to your question, but I don't know how to answer it as it's stated. I don't know how good her reads are, but I think we should be able to have good conversations about our reads as the game goes on.
So what I'm getting at with the question is: you had this really weird approach to Shadoweh where you voted her but mostly just to get her to notice you. You liked her responses. And her vote target was the only person in your teams top scum tier! It seems pretty inconsistent that you care
so much
about Shadoweh's opinion you're openly begging her to engage with you multiple times, but now when you're switching from voting her to voting her top suspect you don't say a word about her vote influencing your priors or seeing if she agrees with the same bad parts your team doesn't like or anything. Reading you in ISO, it sure feels like I would have heard about it if the player you voted for was Shadoweh-approved.
1. I've already said I had a reason to think Shadow was scummy when I pressured her.
2. My vote on you had little to do with Shadow's vote on you, with independent reasons given. I didn't consciously realise Shadow was voting you when I voted you - I knew you had something resembling a wagon but couldn't recall who all was on it.

I had this question for you in my head as I was going to sleep last night - as a general rule, do you tend to scumhunt as though everyone thinks and plays the same way? A lot of your thoughts stem from a place of 'oh, a town player would be playing in this specific way' or 'a scum player wouldn't bother with that' without ascribing things to the person posting them. Is that typical of how you play/are you conscious of it? Do you assume others also play this way?
right now I got Alisae/Menal as near locktown (start from and read to end of page, making sure to see the timestamps). Bitmap up there but a distinct tier below because it's mostly just effortell right now. My teammates tell me that the town points I gave to mastina for spewing are closer to null with her specific meta so adjusting the dial to just slight town. gets pretty undifferentiated from there, no super solid scum reads but Klick, Shadoweh, chemist all have stuff that seems a little off to me. I feel like there's a bit of a language barrier with Kerset where I just flat out don't understand how they're getting some of the interpretations they're getting, so that read might take a while to move.
I would really hesitate to have Menalque as strongly town at this stage. He's not scummy, but nothing he's done comes close to being outside of his scum range.

Also worth noting that the mastina thing you got from your team is the same as what I said about her. Is there any reason you didn't comment on that?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 496, Kerset wrote:
In post 389, Alisae wrote:
In post 384, mastina wrote:
In post 336, Alisae wrote:
In post 264, Bitmap wrote:I think Klick is leaning town.
Same question goes out to you
Because Bitmap is Klick's scumbuddy. :shifty:
Do you wanna join the wagon?
Am i not the one asked but is there some sort of backstory, which i am not aware of? Does Klick have some sort of specific meta, which apeared here? I don't get the idea behind this wagon.
Alisae! Ignoring me is illegal!!!!!
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 516, ofrhz wrote:
In post 505, Kerset wrote: Yea Farkran gave some insight about bitmap, ofrhz and menalque
What were farkran’s thoughts?
He is scumreading you because he didn't like your bad push on me also fark is still salty, because he was hard townreading ofrhz when he was scum in the Normal game you played together
Do you want to hear about other as well?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 526, mastina wrote:
In post 482, Kerset wrote: It is a first step to discredit bitmap. Just look at mastina.
You're saying...*I*...am discrediting
Bitmap
?

Mate you got those names backwards because one of the reasons why Bitmap is my strongest scumread is that Bitmap has gone out of his way to discredit me.
So tell me where did this started?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:20 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 525, hitogoroshi wrote: actually I think the entire ofrhz wagon has exactly this same sort of disease - there's like three people on it and all of them are sorta reinventing the wheel with no reference on how they like the other people on it, their arguments, etc. Contrast with Klick wagon being entirely driven by Alisae just asking three people to jump on and all of us saying yes. Big lack of solidarity on non-Klick wagons. it's doing a bit of a number to that tentative jj town read I had.
Are you tying to say that wagon made out of blank votes is the best because it has solidarity? It sounds like: instant noodles are the best kind of food because they are made out of water.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 521, Alisae wrote:I think shadoweh’s reads are towny and if people still scumread her I disagree
indeed
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:57 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 1.09

ofrhz
(4): Chemist1422, jjh927, Jingle, Kerset
Klick
(4): Alisae, Menalque, hitogoroshi, mastina
hitogoroshi
(2): Shadoweh, Klick
Kerset
(1): ofrhz
Jingle
(1): Bitmap

Not Voting
(1): Gamma Emerald

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-01-16 20:30:00)
<(") | (")>
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:09 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'm around for a bit now but unlikely to be around much today otherwise
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:14 am

Post by jjh927 »

Ofrhz wagon still looks pretty good to me, especially considering Ofrhz's readslist

I don't think there's much progression from basically null on me and Jingle there
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:20 am

Post by jjh927 »

Ofrhz, bitmap, gamma
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 540, jjh927 wrote:Ofrhz, bitmap, gamma
That requires no scum pushing on any town wagons that have a chance of going through

So I doubt it
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Bitmap »

My posting will be less frequent during the weekdays since I have to travel for work but I should still be able to post once or twice a day.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:25 am

Post by jjh927 »

Doubt away but:

Bitmap is vying for towncred for when likely flips occur
Ofrhz is under some pressure rn
Gamma is near absent
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Klick »

Explain the Bitmap bit a bit more, jjh?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Bitmap »

Gamma being absent is not a definitive scum tell by itself. I've learned this from countless games especially when I mislynched him in madoka anime game.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 543, jjh927 wrote:Doubt away but:

Bitmap is vying for towncred for when likely flips occur
Ofrhz is under some pressure rn
Gamma is near absent
Again I don’t think the Klick wagon forms as a completely pure counter to scum!ofrhz (or rather vice versa) and no scum push on Klick
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 544, Klick wrote:Explain the Bitmap bit a bit more, jjh?
You're one of the likely lynches and Bitmap has quite a developed read on you and now he's going off on a vanity wagon
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:31 am

Post by jjh927 »

Hito would be the only scum on the Klick wagon if there was any

Ali, menalque, mastina are all town
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Bitmap »

jj's read list is really bad.

Scum is pushing Klick because they think he's a weak slot.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”