Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

the last time he posted on site in general was in this game.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

Mena why don't you check this?
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Menalque »

okay, flipside: what if his site posting in general is indicative of his alignment?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Menalque »

wait I need to check site rules, 1 sec
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Menalque »

gamma is alive in multiple games but his activity only tails off sitewide after this game starts
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

Discussion of Ongoing Mafia Games is Not Allowed

Recently we have had a spate of people discussing ongoing games. Though this has led to a record number of ongoing game bans, there may be a perception that there is some wiggle room when it comes to discussing ongoing games. This post is to tell you that there is not.

It does not matter if you are dead.
It does not matter if you don't think it will affect a game.
It does not matter if you aren't in the game.
It does not matter if you are posting about a game taking place on another forum or posting about an MS game on another forum.
It does not matter if you are moderating the game in question.

Discussing ongoing games by quoting or otherwise referring to an ongoing game is forbidden. There is no clever way around this rule. Don't try.

If you are unsure whether something violates the rule against discussing ongoing games, please don't hesitate to contact a listmod.

THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU

Discussing ongoing games may result in a full game ban. This will mean that you are force replaced out of all your games, and you will not be allowed to replace back into them at the end of your ban. Further bans will be far harsher, including and up to a permanent ban from the site.

Game Moderators: Take IMMEDIATE action.

Game moderators are expected to step in and take immediate action when players discuss ongoing games in the game thread -- at least a public warning in the thread not to discuss ongoing games. This is not optional for the game moderator. You may not, as a game moderator, allow people to discuss ongoing games in your thread unless the other game allows for it explicitly in the rules.

Exceptions

There are three primary exceptions.

Communications with authorities

You may PM, IM or otherwise contact the game mod(s), listmods who aren't involved in the game, and admins who aren't in the game. Likewise, listmods and admins will sometimes discuss ongoing games for administrative purposes.

The Game Allows Outside Communication

Where a game allows communication, it may be allowed. This must be EXPLICITLY stated in the rules (and as a listmod, we'd appreciate it if game mods would give us a heads up when this is the case).

Please note that a game mod may allow communications about his or her OWN game to be discussed elsewhere, but he or she may
NOT
allow discussion of other ongoing games in their thread.

Discussions about Activity

Players may discuss activity in other games in a general sense, including counting how many games a player is alive in. However, this may not mention ANYTHING of substance.

OKAY:
"Zoraster is alive in 4 games and is posting in those games, but he hasn't posted here in 3 days."
NOT OKAY:
"Zoraster is alive in 4 games where he's posting lengthy posts. <The violation here is mentioning that the posts are LONG. This is a substantive statement.>
OKAY:
"I'm alive in 3 games, and I'm having trouble keeping up with all of them."
NOT OKAY:
"I'm in LYLO in a game, so that's taking a lot of my time." <The violation here is mentioning that you're in LYLO. This is a substantive statement.>

---

This isn't a hard rule to stay on the right side of the line on. The listmods would like to never have to take action again. Please don't try and toe the line on ongoing games.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

ah fuck I forgot quote tags lmfao
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 799, Alisae wrote:
In post 795, Menalque wrote:
In post 793, Menalque wrote:
In post 677, mastina wrote:
In post 661, Alisae wrote:Do this but just for my slot
You're in luck--I'm in the same mindset I was when I listed you as a townread!

That is to say, rather notably tired.

This mindset isn't the most productive to explaining things but it's the only mindset I can be in to explain the read since it was a read born of this mindset. :P

Basically I didn't intentionally have you as deliberately-unsorted, but I noticed that I wasn't making any effort to really sort you.
In my bout of tiredness, when catching up on the game and reading your posts around that time and the ones from shortly before then that were fresh on mind even though I had read them, I basically liked what I was seeing you do in spite of having the knowledge that I probably shouldn't but the gut-townread from what I was seeing was still there all the same.

Your contributions to this game just look town, mostly. Are they? Ehhh...probably not,
it wouldn't surprise me if the people who actually know how to read you well would say you've done nothing that is strongly alignment indicative.
And not gonna lie some of your earlier posting did look suspicious but in the very-brief "I am scumreading everyone in this game" sort of way where I realize I'm basically not townreading anyone and force a reset of standards to 'okay reset them to null then just work from there'.
But the posting around the time I posted the townread on you was posting that I liked the mindset behind of as being something that it looked like it was genuinely trying to solve the game in
you mean this right? why is this scum!indicative for mastina?
if we strike through all the irrelevant why does this seem like bullshit

just cause it's vague?
she always scumreads me and according to my team, I need to see what posts she got that townread from to validate if she's scum or town >_<
idk why this is more indicative of her being scum vs her just getting better at reading you but I agree that I want her to say which posts and be more specific

I'm not persuaded that mastina being vague and wordy is +scum for her or TMI
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

my point was, if "Zoraster is alive in 4 games and is posting in those games, but he hasn't posted here in 3 days." is valid, then "Zoraster is alive in 4 games and is not posting in those games, and he hasn't posted here in 3 days." is also valid. no?
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

yeah I think so, I wanted to check if my thing was permissible to say as well, and I'm p sure it was
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 805, Menalque wrote:gamma is alive in multiple games but his activity only tails off sitewide after this game starts
that this wasn't substantive, I mean
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

hope it is or prey that the penguin gods won't get you
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

anyhow, his last post was the 4th and now its the 5th
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

:shifty:
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 771, Menalque wrote:hito can be town
Why do you townread hito?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

mena what are you doing with your vote?
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 815, ofrhz wrote:
In post 771, Menalque wrote:hito can be town
Why do you townread hito?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is a Parachute.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

I think he's been solvy throughout the game, I liked how he went about sorting klick in that long breakdown

I like his position on mastina/bitmap too bc I think it's nuanced in a way that is likely to be town -- saying he'd most likely vote bitmap if he had to despite being able to see the way in which bitmap could be town reacting emotionally while still calling mastina town

idk I think scum would probably not have that much depth to it? could be wrong, but equally there's only 3 scum so he can be town for now
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 816, Alisae wrote:mena what are you doing with your vote?
tryna get a wagon going on gamma I think
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

mastina
bleeds
town, c'mon y'all.
In post 718, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 634, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 630, Shadoweh wrote:I've probably changed my mind about Kerset. Hito's still scum though? Why aren't more people voting him???
because I don’t think you ever explained that
I dunno why I have to explain it tbh, no one is townreading him so people obviously don't think he's very town but people aren't voting him. I didn't like his post voting Chemist for uh, calling me town, I guess that's a bit biased on my part but it felt bizzare to me. I don't know how to explain it, person comes in, posts 'i am reading this person' 'okay i think they're town', I don't get why you'd vote them for this as a big deal. If you look at your own reads you'll see voting him to be full of kibou!! ✩⃛( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)
In post 651, jjh927 wrote:
In post 635, jjh927 wrote:I don't think I've really seen much from Bitmap besides arguing with Mastina, talking about RC, townreading Klick and scumreading Jingle, but I'd be interested to see if someone can prove me wrong.
that seems like a lot of stuff to me???? pour qoi is this not zutto sufficient?

Stop wasting time crossvoting tbh, I also can't remember what mastina's done besides call Bitmap scum, but that might be because my eyes are kiri ni naruing over these posts. I'm not voting for mastina or Bitmap, I think this is distracting in general.
Obviously I am biased but like, this is a really terrible post right? Bitmap vs. mastina is the fire at the heart of things, and Shadoweh has the soft condemn of "I think we should ignore it" and at least kinda-sorta implying it's TVT - but without hard comitting to a TR on either one, reaching out to one side or the other, trying to peel voters off their wagons (if no one likes me, that should be pretty doable!), whatever. Instead she's just lamenting that it's taking oxygen away from my wagon, but still doing barely anything to push it beyond lamenting that it's not pushing itself. Especially don't like that the one point she does bring up is the chemist vote from forever ago - feels more like something she squirreled away from back when she posted her reads list than what earnestly came top of mind now. As someone who
actually
doesn't want mastina or Bitmap as the lynch today, this feels a lot more like someone saying they don't want to be seen on either one while being actually quite happy that this distraction is happening.

Klick is great and if I hadn't unvoted already I would have then. I'll even give Jingle a point for pointing out how good 719 was.

mechanical spec is pretty silly rn and probably mostly serves to give scum a hint of what role information
you're
working with. Probably don't do it!
In post 774, Menalque wrote:I'm fairly confident I'll obvtown as game goes on; I just don't think I've obvtowned
yet
which makes the TRs on me TMIy or just bad
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dunno what to tell ya boss; been playing over a decade and someone making an obstinate comment about "I'll switch when I'm ready!" and then blank-voting because someone asked them do in the
same minute
is just really good. A lot of the best tells are the ones that happened very quick in real-life time; this is part of why twilight can be so strong for getting good reads. Even knowing I'm looking for it makes it only partially exploitable for scum; it just fundamentally takes more time to run your view through the fake prism you're maintaining, and scum trying to instant-agree to fake this towntell risk it exploding pretty bad if it doesn't actually mesh with their previous gestalt. Just take the W my dude
In post 789, Alisae wrote:if I get a response to the question I asked her earlier then I'll see if I can tie it up and present it to you with a nice bow and a ribbon.
What color would you like the bow and ribbon to be?
I guess if I condensed my mastina-town feelings it'd be:
a.) aiming for Bitmap when she had plenty of runway to explicitly ignore him
b.) putting in all of that effort when the game has so many weak wagons
c.) 703 being so explicit about why she's deferring the read

So if you think I'm wrong, those are some of the specific lenses I'd be evaluating meta cases with. Though I'm gonna be real with you that it'd have to be some pretty damning meta to make me want to vote mastina at this point.

---

big ups: mastina, menal, alisae
medium ups: klick
small ups: jingle, ofr (nothing really special on either of them they've just had posts that feel actually-trying-to-sort more than the names below them)
meh: chemist
grr: jj
arg: shadoweh
deferring for now: gamma (though I do think lurker callouts are a little more legitimate when there are three teammates helping keep you accountable, so maybe grr tier just for that), kerset

bitmap not on tier list because it's so contingent on gauging emotional state. his push is clearly unreasonable and inconsistent w/r/t his earlier position of "I will ignore mastina as a game entity to just make a bunch of snipes about her competency, even though assuming that she's attempting to play competently is effectively calling her town" but the question is whether we would expect that inconsistency from a townie who felt aggrieved.

Wanted to just heavily re-index on Shadoweh when she moved off or pushed harder on me, but the fact that she's not doing either even as she bemoans the wagon that's happening instead is enough for me at this point. Plus getting my blood up a little seems more productive than the shitshow we got going now

VOTE: Shadoweh
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 819, Menalque wrote:
what do you think thats going to convince him to post
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

ok hito my plan is to ask questions then prep a case
thats what my team is yelling at me to do anyway eeeeeeeeeek cases are scummy lul
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 821, Alisae wrote:
In post 819, Menalque wrote:
what do you think thats going to convince him to post
that's not necessarily what I'm trying to achieve here but again, don't really wanna say more on this rn bc it actively goes against what I'm trying to achieve
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

yes ur trying to apply pressure we know
GTKAS
| here.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”