Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 1040, ofrhz wrote:Kerset, can you talk about why you're townreading Bitmap?
I recently played mini theme with bitmap in which he had RC as neighbor. Up until his gladiatorial mode he gave very relatable impression. Farkran, who was also there second handed it for me, so it was good enough. The other thing was that he got played down to proxy by other players, which is more likely scum agenda towards town, rather then SvS or town towards scum.
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by Kerset »

What is the point of V/LA, if bitmap posts anyway?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 952, hitogoroshi wrote: But this seems like insincere bluster, since I'm at a cool L-4 with no pressure, and the only thing that changed since Shadoweh's frustrated 630 was a single additional vote from ofr. Do you really think you'd sit in Shadoweh's shoes, read this enormous mastina/Bitmap shitfit, and think "Lucky me! hito's the one destined to die today, and I didn't even have to do anything"? If you had to rate players in the game from most to least likely to die this D1, where do you rank me? It seems way more coherent that Shadoweh just doesn't want to do much because she is scum and the game is going the way she wants and she just has to find a safe place to chill out.
I wonder, what alisae thinks then. Jingle is even less scumreaded then you.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Kerset »

Although jingle sounds more solvy, then earlier. Did he get worse by any means?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:22 am

Post by ofrhz »

Ugh I don’t know. I’ll take another look at this game tomorrow when I’m not sleep deprived, but I’m not really feeling this anymore

UNVOTE:
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1042, jjh927 wrote:Perhaps it's the work of Untrod Tripod, distorting the word until it lacks meaning and is functionally destroyed
hmm
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

It is now Anemi

I think we’re all just slowly going insane
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

Oh wait it’s normal

We did it boys
GTKAS

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Kerset »

Tripod destroyed anime but we fixed it.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Gamma Emerald is being replaced.
<(") | (")>
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1059, PenguinPower wrote:
Gamma Emerald is being replaced.
rip that guy
GTKAS

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Jingle »

2 teams down, 15 teams left to go. :shifty:
This is a Parachute.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:50 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 1.15

Bitmap
(2): mastina, jjh927
hitogoroshi
(2): Shadoweh, Klick
mastina
(2): Bitmap, Kerset
Gamma Emerald
(2): Menalque, Chemist1422
Shadoweh
(1): hitogoroshi
Jingle
(1): Alisae

Not Voting
(3): Gamma Emerald, ofrhz, Jingle

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-01-16 20:30:00)
<(") | (")>
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1037, jjh927 wrote:Meanwhile in terms of differences, Bitmap's read properly flipflopped on MariaR, rather than going from a bunch of discredits to a solid scumread, and I don't see the paranoia. He seems frantic, but not paranoid or particularly vulnerable to pressure. I don't really know how much pressure was on him at any given time because I'm just doing the dual iso, but it doesn't look like he's reacting badly to it at any point.
It was a low pressure start, at least for what I read (the first 72 hours of the game). I agree that Bit was way more collected overall.

Bit, do you have any games where you've hard discredited a slot or flipped out that you can link? Can you share the start of your distaste for mastina?
This is a Parachute.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Bitmap »

Legends of Hidden Speakeasy II

Also I have reads from NSG but it’s mixed in with RC since we were discussing about it in discord. I’ll paraphrase it later when I’m home from work.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Menalque »

France has been busy, will be catching up tomorrow eve

Can u tag me with @mena in bold if there’s anything really pressing I need to get to

K love u all
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

In a french ass restraunt
hurry up where my dam croissant
GTKAS
| here.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Image Prodding mastina. This is her first prod.
<(") | (")>
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

VOTE: mastina

this game lacks spice
GTKAS

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

pretty fucking stupid to play mafia on a day like today but hey
In post 962, Shadoweh wrote:Oh my god you're still trying to stick to this scumread.
What's a better one? I am pretty famous for negotiating with terrorists
My favorite part of your case Hito is if I reversed it and made it about your futile vote on me, it could be a map of your Day 1 scum strategy here. ~(=^‥^)ノ☆
More or less my entire point is how much this isn't true. Actually, my teammates have you more null because they're not as convinced I am that there's anything to read in the lack of proactivity (or phrased differently, I think lack of proactivitly is inherently mafia more often than they do); but whether your views on the correlation of proactivity/alignment, it's pretty plainly untrue to say you could make the same lack of proactivity case on me.

Just watch hunters ant arc again instead of whatever anime you were gonna watch
In post 990, Shadoweh wrote:You're at 3 votes and other people in thread have expressed suspicion of you + most people have you, at best, a townread of the lowest quality. I should think it obvious you have a good chance of being lynched today. Is denial part of expressing fake confidence? It's definitely true in this economy people want to vote people who panic over people who keep it together, but I think your reaction is dishonest to reality.
ya I guess in retrospect my argument kind of involves you know my meta. my point was that a wagon full of onesie twosie voters who aren't acknowledging each other or particularly trying to wagon is a lot weaker than one where people are at least nominally acknowledging each other and a shared perception of why this person should die. But I suppose sometimes those apathy wagons end up hitting somebody just because noting better was wrangled up and maybe you think that's happening today without knowing how little I fuck with that sorta thing
Kerset's entrance was awkward, but I've found them since then to be fairly clear in their inquisitions, what's moon logicy about them?
Just zooming through iso, , , are examples of posts I have zero clue how to interpret. Though looking at it all at once here I definitely have an easier time at least understanding the notional intent behind his later posts (even if I still don't have a sense of alignment yet).
This is pointless to point out tbh and I think you just added this to pad your wordcount. What does the comment about scum thinking one or the other is more likely to replace in mean btw? The most likely alignment to replace is town because there are more town then scum. You're implying Bitmap is protecting their scumbuddy or something which is a bit ridiculous. (also immediately followed by you pointing out Bitmap is likely town anyways via their reaction to mastina's team ranking post)
Probably could have phrased that better. Let's try...Bitmap saying we should exclude Gamma today when there's plenty of chance that he'll be replaced by a new player who gives us a good view into the slots alignment seems artificial. So my first thought is something like "Bitmap knowing the alignment of that slot is what's making him write off the idea that a new player will come in to that slot and give us easy visibility." But then I thought about it, and it's not like I have a theory on whether town or scum would be more or less likely to replace / give a view on the slot there. So it's hard to call it a 'tell', because it's not like I can articulate what worldview I think Bitmap-scum would be slipping there. But it still felt non-genuine and worth keeping an eye on.

And the whole point about Bitmap's reaction is that he'd be offended there regardless of alignment, which is why this whole development makes him a rough solve.
When it comes to mafia, I'm not an aggressive person. At least I don't think lynches happen productively over people screaming at each other. I'm not the kind of person who's going to hound people for not immediately scumreading the same people as me. I have faith that people will come around to my thinking, or at least that we'll come to a conclusion that isn't horrible, and we will try again another day if it doesn't work out. Mafia is a marathon, not a sprint. Maybe people used to dying N1 don't understand that kind of thing. I do my best when I've had time and flips to base my confidence on.

In any case I think accusing someone of being scum for having their own brain and not getting in line with the other peons that'd rather argue about mastina/bitmap for the next ten years is scummy, or at the very least insulting as a human being.

Also, I'm definitely more comfortable with people townreading me, like duh? I am going to live and probably get to continue to express my opinion and fight for my team? That's sugoi with me! โ๏∀๏ใ
I think mastina/bitmap is a blind alley today also friendo. The thing I don't like is your only-speak-when-spoken-to attitude with the peons. make em see the light!

cutting cause this was a wall but hey. at least feels like we're talking now!
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Klick »

UNVOTE:
It's late here, was busy with a uni assignment today, but I'll have some things to say tomorrow.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

hito i know!
why would you ever want to play mafia on a day like today when you can do literally anything else
GTKAS
| here.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 995, Bitmap wrote:Shadoweh, it doesn't matter if people lightly scum reads or scum reads hito. If there's no strong driving factor pushing for a lynch, it usually never goes the way you want it to go.
haha maybe I was wrong about my point needing meta because basically this is what I was getting at. Though maybe this is just revealing that both Bitmap and I are traffic cops and Shadoweh isn't and we're seeing an interesting observer bias thing. (I don't actually know if Bitmap is usually a traffic cop or not.)
In post 1002, Alisae wrote:i think you should vote Jingle
can we talk more about Jingle
You can talk more about Jingle if you want buddy!! Am I wrong for my town pings? Is Jingle some superstar operator with a grand plan I don't see? Sure looks like someone just poking shit to see what happens which is what townies oughta do in listless games.
In post 1007, Bitmap wrote:I appreciate everyone encouraging me to pursue my own reads while RC bangs his head against a wall in our discord server.
You say reads plural but obvious your self-imposed 1v1 makes it pretty hard. If mastina was dayvigged and flipped red, who do you go for? green? governed?
In post 1048, Klick wrote:If you really believe this {menal obvtown read} then I'd love to hear why you think this actually
I really believe it and I can't shut the fuck up about it. What do you think about
my
menal TR? See , .
In post 1068, Chemist1422 wrote:VOTE: mastina

this game lacks spice
Give you the same question as Bitmap to try to get in your head here. Who's your favorite kill on mastina redflip/greenflip, and who do you pivot to if she's governed?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Actually, Alisae, whatever happened to you pushing back against my mastina-town thoughts? You went from saying you'd put a bow on it to just kinda dipping to Jingle. Is Jingle a lot worse than mastina? Why the switch?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

either way I probably go back toward the jingle/gamma/ofrhz/you pool

redflip I locktown bit and ali
greenflip I'd have to see their reactions

if she's governed, probably back to gamma or ofrhz? depends on what the gamma sub does
GTKAS

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”