Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Hectic »

What does that mean? It's the people who came to mind.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:52 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1074, Pine wrote:I mean...that readslist is pretty blatant jury manipulation

Agreed
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Hectic »

What, you mean scumreading 3 people on my wagon and townreading most people off? Just how it turned out, I try not to be OMGUSey; the wagon wasn't in my mind when I was making the reads list.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Hectic »

For people who think I'm memeing less than normal, please note the final warning I received for the memeing. My gimmick this game was going to be signing my posts from random people and playing those personas per post, but that got shot down so what can you do.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Hectic »

Like, half the town are scumreading me for it, and the other half are saying I'm "ruining" Team Mafia by doing it. Make your minds up.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1079, Hectic wrote:Like, half the town are scumreading me for it, and the other half are saying I'm "ruining" Team Mafia by doing it. Make your minds up.
Like, half the town are scumreading me for not memeing, and the other half are saying I'm "ruining" Team Mafia by doing it. Make your minds up.

Clarification.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1075, Hectic wrote:What does that mean? It's the people who came to mind.
You’re throwing up scumreads on controversial people who aren’t going to change their minds on you and trying to appeal to those who might be swayed. I mean, credit for effort, but a successful attempt would include reasoning and maybe a false positive or two. Condemn someone who thinks you’re Town, that sort of thing. A no-effort jury management...nah.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1070, Hectic wrote:The attempted hammer is NAI because he admitted to it when it wasn't obvious he actually thought that would be a hammer
This is a good point.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:07 am

In post 1081, Pine wrote:You’re throwing up scumreads on controversial people who aren’t going to change their minds on you and trying to appeal to those who might be swayed.
That post didn't try to appeal to any specific player.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1081, Pine wrote:
In post 1075, Hectic wrote:What does that mean? It's the people who came to mind.
You’re throwing up scumreads on controversial people who aren’t going to change their minds on you and trying to appeal to those who might be swayed. I mean, credit for effort, but a successful attempt would include reasoning and maybe a false positive or two. Condemn someone who thinks you’re Town, that sort of thing. A no-effort jury management...nah.
Lul, I'm just being honest with what my reads are. I can elaborate on my townreads if you want me to, specifically on SS or OkaPoka, I'm not just making these up to "jury-manipulate". The confidence with how you're talking about me being scum here is really irking me.

"credit for effort"? - I mean come on, dude, there's no way you're this confident I'm scum. You basically locked me as scum from my first few posts of the game, and I don't buy it.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1083, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1081, Pine wrote:You’re throwing up scumreads on controversial people who aren’t going to change their minds on you and trying to appeal to those who might be swayed.
That post didn't try to appeal to any specific player.
Also, isn't it true the other way around? I could appeal to people on wagon to try and sway their votes, since people off my wagon are less likely to matter.

And it's false anyway, I'm townleaning Nancy who says she'll probably end up voting me anyway, and townreading Oka who's on my wagon, and Elsa is "fine", and he's on my wagon.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Hectic »

VOTE: Pine
Multiple people have said this could be scum, but haven't taken action. Vote him if you think he's scum.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:13 am

Post by pisskop »

nancy, still on board with heck? willing to revote him?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1084, Hectic wrote:
In post 1081, Pine wrote:
Lul, I'm just being honest with what my reads are. I can elaborate on my townreads if you want me to, specifically on SS or OkaPoka, I'm not just making these up to "jury-manipulate". The confidence with how you're talking about me being scum here is really irking me.

"credit for effort"? - I mean come on, dude, there's no way you're this confident I'm scum. You basically locked me as scum from my first few posts of the game, and I don't buy it.
Also, he scumread me early because he saw me as an easy push for my memeing, and claimed to scumread me for trying to out the doc when clearly that can't have been the case.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:17 am

See, here's the problem.

Now I feel like Hectic is under enough pressure that his posts are going to be nervous and forced, regardless of his alignment. I agree that the readlist looked forced, I don't agree that it looked political, and I think it's definitely something a townie of Hectic's experience level might produce under serious pressure. (Terseness is actually a towntell there.)
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1089, Something_Smart wrote:See, here's the problem.

Now I feel like Hectic is under enough pressure that his posts are going to be nervous and forced, regardless of his alignment. I agree that the readlist looked forced, I don't agree that it looked political, and I think it's definitely something a townie of Hectic's experience level might produce under serious pressure. (Terseness is actually a towntell there.)
You're right, I do feel nervous here because no one wants to be mislynched day 1 in team mafia, but I'm trying to be as transparent as possible to fix that.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.11
Hectic (5) -
Pine, DrDolittle, OkaPoka, Titus, Elsa Jay
OkaPoka (2) -
Krazy, NaCl
DrDolittle (1) -
bob3141
popsofctown (1) -
Amrun
Eddie Cane (1) -
popsofctown
Pine (1) -
Hectic

Not Voting (4) -
Something_Smart, Eddie Cane, pisskop, Nancy Drew 39

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1090, Hectic wrote:
In post 1089, Something_Smart wrote:See, here's the problem.

You're right, I do feel nervous here because no one wants to be mislynched day 1 in team mafia, but I'm trying to be as transparent as possible to fix that.
This reads genuine to me I think.

Not a huge fan of this wagon anymore.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:18 am

Post by pisskop »

I unbelieve him
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:19 am

Post by pisskop »

vote hec
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:24 am

Post by pisskop »

The time to 'read as genuine' is when he isn't the focal point. he's done this multiple times so far.

I sr his play here in this game, his reputation for being mislynched notwithstanding
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1093, pisskop wrote:I unbelieve him
Why though?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1095, pisskop wrote:The time to 'read as genuine' is when he isn't the focal point. he's done this multiple times so far.

I sr his play here in this game, his reputation for being mislynched notwithstanding
I don't have a rep for being mislynched actually. I've only been mislynched once in ~20 games including alts.

I was the focal point from the moment I started reading the game, because I was being scumread for joking around before I even caught up...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:33 am

In post 1095, pisskop wrote:The time to 'read as genuine' is when he isn't the focal point.
And this is why wagoning him chronologically early, regardless of the number of pages in the game, is bad.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:35 am

Post by pisskop »

Im suggesting he's pulling out the appeals because of the wagon, not page number.

I expect that if the wagon wasn't present, neither would he be

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”