Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1248, Something_Smart wrote:Nice, NaCl is town.
Agree, I like the logic in that post.

@NaCl: What do you dislike about my Pops townread?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1249, OkaPoka wrote:but also the way I see it there is very little value for me to just be completely transparent and sharing all my notes at every stage of the game because

1) my reputation of scumhunting is mediocre at best
2) I am pretty much a utr so I don't need to bother with proving myself as town

so the gain of me outting my reads is that it can
1) reassure everyone that im townie i guess
2) have notes that other people can work off of

the loss is
1) i don't get to be a spooky wildcard
2) i am more susceptible to being lead to the wrong place
We don't have to follow your reads though. Without posting your reads, your UTR (though I thought 2 people were voting you?) might dip back to null so might as well prevent that from happening.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1244, NaCl wrote:
In post 1141, popsofctown wrote:It's a data point. I've liked a lot of his other posts. I think he's netted to null. I can't remember whether I've stated how much I like the other posts itt or not.
NaCl is a really strange slot. He just randomly said "my teammate told me to vote the UTR so I'm now voting the UTR" and it seems too wolfy to be wolf. I can't make sense of it.
All these things seem like way smaller deals than Eddie Cane scumslipping so I feel like I'm on crazy pills

pedit: whoa like 8 pedits
Pops, I would have expected you to have a stronger read on me. But it's not that "I'm just doing what Farkran told me" but rather that he convinced me on Okapoka's posts that they're not really something I should be townreading. Because I was initially townreading Oka and Farkran convinced me otherwise. And when you say it like that it's discrediting.

Also, @Oka well, if you don't want to tell me about what you were thinking in the past that's not a good look. Literally everything you do feels like it's trying to make it hard for me to understand you. Yes, I get that you explaining opinions you don't have anymore doesn't help the game progress. But it helps me read you.
In post 1195, Amrun wrote:Quite on the contrary, if I was scum I would have carefully reread that before posting.

I started off composing the sentence as one thing, then changed my mind and forgot to go back and omit Pine’s name from the first part. Basically I was going to lump them together and say something slightly different, then decided that Pine deserved his own sentence.
Amrun, could you say what it was you were originally thinking and why you changed your mind on it?
In post 1213, Hectic wrote:I ISOed NaCl. I disliked his dislike for Eddie based on the vacation and posting for the sake of posting things. I liked his comments on my wagon and the comment on the doc crumb thing and resulting conversation with Nancy.

@NaCl: "I think Hectic's posts haven't been too great but there are times where I see a move that I think scum-Hectic would make but Hectic is specifically not making those actions." - can you specify what kind of scum moves you thought I would make but didn't make?

I think I missed where he flipped a read based on his teammate's opinions or something like that. Can someone link me to that post?
Specifically when you were trying to press Nancy for an answer to your question and getting scumread by her for it, I don't see why you didn't just stop (I still think you were wrong on it since it might out the PR). Because you didn't have to keep asking the question and the fact that you continued to press it despite it being unpopular felt like you were tunnelling on trying to get your answer more than you cared about how you looked to her. I think that if you were scum you would have admitted to your mistake or otherwise backed off.

@Oka
Could you explain what made you change your mind on the Pine wagon?

@Eddie cane
I kind of think that if Hectic flips scum then it's more likely that pops is scum. I don't agree with Hectic's reasons for townreading her and pops's feels like she's soft-defending Hectic

Regarding Pine, I really think this wagon is worse than the Hectic one and that Pine is town, although I think he's been consistently wrong in his reads on Hectic (well, also me). Like, I'm still in favour of Okapoka because I feel like he's not really engaging directly. Every attempt I make to try and understand him feels like he's deliberately avoiding me and I don't think he's really gotten into any kind of long drawn out discussion of how he thinks. I know pretty much everyone disagrees with me but I don't get why.
I definitely think you’re town from this but I don’t necessarily agree with your reasoning for tr Hectic, because if he was in fact scum trying to out the PR, why would he back off?

I still don’t understand your Oka sr, because he’s like this in pretty much every game I’ve played with him. I also think the question he was asking me earlier was based on helping to clarify his read on me. Auro definitely didn’t sr it.

Why do you think town!Pine wants to ram a Hectic wagon through so quickly, when we still have plenty of time left?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1248, Something_Smart wrote:Nice, NaCl is town.
+1
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:19 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1251, Hectic wrote:
In post 1249, OkaPoka wrote:but also the way I see it there is very little value for me to just be completely transparent and sharing all my notes at every stage of the game because

the loss is
We don't have to follow your reads though. Without posting your reads, your UTR (though I thought 2 people were voting you?) might dip back to null so might as well prevent that from happening.
yeah i mean im not forcing anyone to follow my lead so?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1254, OkaPoka wrote:

the loss is
so no harm in being completely transparent and sharing all your reads is what I mean.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1255, Hectic wrote:
In post 1254, OkaPoka wrote:

the loss is
so no harm in being completely transparent and sharing all your reads is what I mean.
your underestimating how valuable it is for scum to get townread by utrs and how easy it is to get townread as scum by mirroring thoughts without coming off as overly buddying

and how easy it is for scum to lead townies to bad lynches by pushing tasty teams
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 am

Post by DrDolittle »

hello bikini bottom
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:32 am

Post by OkaPoka »

this game is too hard i dont hate anybody enough to tunnel
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1256, OkaPoka wrote:your underestimating how valuable it is for scum to get townread by utrs and how easy it is to get townread as scum by mirroring thoughts without coming off as overly buddying

and how easy it is for scum to lead townies to bad lynches by pushing tasty teams
That's fair.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Amrun »

@NaCl: I was just giving a basic list of who was on the wagon that made me feel ick at first, then I decided to go into a little more detail and give Pine his own sentence. I don’t remember the exact wording.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 am

Post by OkaPoka »

maybe we take the easy way out and lynch ddl :)
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:34 am

Post by DrDolittle »

wow big chicken you hate me enough to tunnel
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1261, OkaPoka wrote:maybe we take the easy way out and lynch ddl :)
tempting
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 am

Post by DrDolittle »

that's a bad idea buddy
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 am

Post by pisskop »

if you manage to get a wagon on me I'll give you a cookie
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Who here has experience playing with town!Pine in a previous TM game?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:49 am

Post by DrDolittle »

can someone tell me (eg pops) why SS is town?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1264, DrDolittle wrote:that's a bad idea buddy
Oi, you're voting me, aren't you? I'm not your buddy, pal.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:50 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I'm not your pal, guy.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Hectic »

I'm not your guy, friend.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 am

Post by DrDolittle »

VOTE: SS
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1271, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: SS
Horrible vote
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 619, popsofctown wrote:I usually hesitate to use meta, but S_S is such a weird player it's close to required, otherwise you're either going to policy lynch him every single game for not using his vote or townlock him as both alignments for never ever pushing an agenda when those things are just how S_S plays.
I kinda feel like as scum S_S is slightly faster to develop an 'agenda' after being called out for being passive whereas here he's kinda just been protecting his townreads. I don't know that makes him locktown like others have said but it isn't exactly the progression I'd expect to see from him as scum
In post 627, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 615, Pine wrote:Yeah, Hectic is definitely the lynch today. Gut feeling, he's trying to draw out the real Doc.
This is an extremely shallow read.
Agree

I like Hectic's

In post 686, OkaPoka wrote:But also hectic is feeling townie lol

UNVOTE:
This seems like a pretty reasonable response to 654

UNVOTE:

In post 688, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’m not confident on it, I’m a lot more confident on certain tr. Like you, Krazy, Titus, Elsa, Piss, for example.
Have you played with scum piss Nancy?

In post 689, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:UNVOTE:
I like this and actually her paragon dig at Pine on the page before.
In post 697, OkaPoka wrote:I've never seen you last this long being mad at someone or get this pissed this early for people not marking you as town.
While this can be fair, she handles the pressure of scumreads worse as scum, this is not yet in the ballpark of MD2 (where she was scum) but feels easily within the range of LNT (where she was town)
In post 706, popsofctown wrote:This is one of S_S's posts that is one of his goodpostings

and its logic applies to how I am not eager to justify a read for the 999th time that I'm not sure about

With some effort I could articulate some elements of what's a mismatch, some of it is harder to articulate

I can tell you virtually none of the patterns were present in Crown, I don't know if that's incidental or if S_S tends to play IC differently.

VOTE: Krazy
What does any of this post have to do with voting me?
vote conspiracy
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:56 am

Post by DrDolittle »

i'd expect a lot of more mechanism play from town S_S that I'm not seeing here. He's playing a passive game but it's a scum passive play

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”