Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pine's replaced out of scumgames so much recently I feel like it's alignment indicative that he's not in prodge mode a 9 page per day game. I know it's wrong but it's the truth. I don't actual have a sort on his play itself, his play itself is just emphatically existent in gamestate where he could have gotten a pass.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1645, OkaPoka wrote:man eddie's readslist is very close to my readslist on january 5th 11 am pst
have you posted a reads list?
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:38 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1651, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1645, OkaPoka wrote:man eddie's readslist is very close to my readslist on january 5th 11 am pst
i have a discord with a bunch of names in different orders
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Amrun »

I don’t think higher activity during Team Mafia is AI. Most people tryhard a little more for this.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1653, Amrun wrote:I don’t think higher activity during Team Mafia is AI. Most people tryhard a little more for this.
I couldn't encompass everything I want in the word "prodge mode", but I can feel from his posts that he didn't grimace at the computer about having to make the post, regardless of how -some sort of post- would be there no matter what because of teammates
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1597, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1292, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1287, popsofctown wrote:S_S's approach to the setup is that last of my concerns about him because the setup is a powder keg of premature claiming behavior

pedit: I did think it was really weird that he was defending memeing
when I rolled scum with him in guns he wouldn't let me meme :(
I seriously doubt scum!SS hard defends town!Hectic. So unless Hectic flips scum, I’m not really interested in that wagon rn.
So why do you think a scum Smart would never defend you wagon. What precludes from being scum that simply wants to be on the opposite side of it. In your opinion?

What do you feel that quality of smarts defense of you has been. You say hard defends but im asking the actual quality of the defense as you perceive it
I’m not really sure why you’re asking me this, since my post was about him defending Hectic.

Wrt to me specifically, that’s kind of hard to gauge because the only game where he’s ever actually expressed any actual doubt on me was in MD2. Even in Newsroom where he was scum and I hardpushed me, he still hard townread me but his play here tends to line up, with what I’ve come to expect in general from town!him. In BP, he pretty much did jack other then constantly talking about his playstyle.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1652, OkaPoka wrote:
can you vote pops?
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Amrun »

@ pops: Enjoyment tell I guess?

I think Team Mafia setting augments potential enjoyment enough that I don’t think that’s reliable here. But I also don’t know Pine that well or anything so...
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:43 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1656, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1652, OkaPoka wrote:
can you vote pops?
i need to reskim starry night first
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pine says he really really likes me, but replaced out of Assassin mafia. It's something about the way he's had to approach the alignment lately, not enjoyment.

It's hypothetically possible he secretly doesn't like me and just says that and is scum IRL but I choose to go with the other thing.
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Hectic »

So I've been reading through those Pops-Amrun interactions for way too long now trying to figure out if either of them are scum, and I'm still pretty confused.
I will say that Pops' tone is a lot more antagonistic than I'm used to, my one scum game with her she was pretty lax iirc. But also, I'm surprised she's scumreading Amrun over a "scumslip" which I don't think is scum-indicative. It's easy to make errors like that and you can draw logic to how it's more likely she wouldn't forget Pine since she was scumreading him most, but mistakes happens, and I don't think it's NAI, and certainly not concrete. Most "scumslips" are NAI and sometimes actually more likely to come from town. Amrun... something something, can't articulate right now.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oka the obvtowning is really cool but sorting your slot is not what's wrong with this game T_T
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was really mad at Amrun for lots of reasons and kind of diverted it about the scumslip. I still think it's scum indicative but sanity check it probably is a smaller thing
It's much more scum indicative that she will only townread people who aren't getting wagoned anyway and is on all the wagons and approves of people she scumreads forming wagons to go mislynch people without her.
It's all less scum indicative than Eddie's play this whole game.
VOTE: Eddie for symbolism and all that
"Well, I..."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

@amrun can you please ask skitter and jj for reads lists please? don't care about reasons atm

i can sync up good with jj especially
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1605, bob3141 wrote:Now we have the hectic wagon. His alignment isnt known yet but we have 2 conditions. One he is scum and one he is town.

Now what woudl teh comp of both wagons be in each condition

If he is town one of:

Pine, pisskop, Nancy Drew 39, DrDolittle, OkaPoka, titus, elsa

is almost certianly scum.

But if he is scum would a wagon of that size really be all town this early. So just as likely that atleast one is scum

But would more be one one or the other and more importantly which one.
Very likely but not at all certain. In my first scumgame on MU, our team tried to never be on any of the early wagons but in general, likely more than not.

Obviously, my current strongest sr is on Pine but that’s because his aggressiveness in early game in hardpushing Hectic, tends to line up more with what I read from my metacheck on him. He even actually posted in one game of his I looked up, that town!him isn’t usually that invested D1 but then again this is Team Mafia, which is why I was curious to know if anyone has any experience with playing with him in past TM games.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:52 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont really think pops is scum lul
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

If I had to pick a "vanity wagons aren't wagons" wagon for pk's sake I would say that Elsa has a point about the movement off of Hectic's wagon and underneath my pity for him being forced to dress business formal that may have been a towndriven scumwagon
"Well, I..."
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

if you assume 1 person in that wagon is scum, lynching for it would be less likely to hit than lynching in the non-voters

its a waste of time, finding 1 or 2 in 7 is exactly rand from a town pov
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1609, OkaPoka wrote:eddie you cant complain about the lobby not voting with you if your case consists of trust me and my team
In post 1611, Eddie Cane wrote:Why not?
:shifty:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1665, OkaPoka wrote:i dont really think pops is scum lul
i asked my team to give me mini cases to incorporate into a big case i planned on making a few days ago

Spoiler: i don't want to share tom's or ank's super efforty cases, and mine isn't written, but here's dann's:

viewtopic.php?p=11489479#p11489479

that whole post is a scum case on its own
[/spoiler]
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Hectic »

I think I still townread you, pops, but outing the neighbourhood isn't reason alone for me to lynch Eddie. Like yes, I agree that it was scum-indicative but I checked through your ISO and that seems to be the lone reason. Gonna need more than that, especially considering Eddie's tone has stunk of town this game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1669, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1665, OkaPoka wrote:i dont really think pops is scum lul
i asked my team to give me mini cases to incorporate into a big case i planned on making a few days ago

Spoiler: i don't want to share tom's or ank's super efforty cases, and mine isn't written, but here's dann's:

viewtopic.php?p=11489479#p11489479

that whole post is a scum case on its own
[/spoiler]
I really don't think it is. Why do you think it's so scum-indicative for her to react like that? What do you disagree about her logic?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

No Hectic. It was not scum indicative. Being impulsive is not a scum tell. It is scum indicative of Pops to double down on it like this/that. Her response was scum who misread how scummy the action was and thinking she could use it to sound townie and push me; why do you think no player in the game other than you and her felt that post was scummy?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1667, Eddie Cane wrote:if you assume 1 person in that wagon is scum, lynching for it would be less likely to hit than lynching in the non-voters

its a waste of time, finding 1 or 2 in 7 is exactly rand from a town pov
Is this addressing me? I was advocating lynches on Hectic himself for being on the business end of a wagon that got that large and had good people and was based on decent reasons. Does "scumwagon" usually mean scum are the voters, that's not what I meant with the terminology if so.
"Well, I..."
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1618, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1612, popsofctown wrote:I actually have no idea what I could possibly do to rerail the game though. Eddie is just openly admitting to wagoning a player he thinks is less likely to flip scum, in a way the conspicuously aligns with not wanting his neighbor to actually become dead and incriminate him and/or not wanting to continue a dialogue with that neighbor when he's currently winning public opinion and only has it to lose. Like he can clearly just do what he wants now. Ali told me in discord something about how e catches scum that'd I'd never heard before, e said, "you often see with scum, spending a certain amount of time acting a certain way [this is paraphrase by the way even though I used the quote character, no banns Micc], doing the things that would get them townread, trying really hard. Then they get townread. And there is this flick of the switch where they realize they don't have to do it anymore. And they change and do the things they want to do. That's when you can catch them." E said he saw Dannflor doing that. The thing Ali hasn't exactly explained to me is how you work with that if you didn't roll vig, because Dannflor was never actually lynched. So now I'm just full of despair. I think Eddie may have already endgamed the 15p.
Point 1 (to the thread)

This is not a townie wall of words. Remotely.

Point 2 (to Pops)

It is my game, but I have 3 town voices I can dialogue with. I made the judgment call to place my vote on Krazy, factoring in their stated confidence vs my own. If that read ends up being wrong, I will be at fault, not them; part of my read is considering their reads. I think a lot of what forum players miss is that mafia is a
team game
, not you + a bunch of fuckos you have to persuade vs some scum. This is just posturing on your part.
I’m kind of not liking how Pops has been ignoring evidence that supports team reads are believable. Like I totally believe your team said exactly what you said they did and it totally lines up with what I’d expect from them thinking along a townie mindset.

Another reason why I believe Titus is town here, because I freaking know Math. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”