Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I agree with Ceph that you are caring way too much about the parts of the whole rather than the whole.

I agree with you that this is worth talking about, if only because it has made me more confident in my read on you.
Don't @ me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 424, Formerfish wrote:
In post 421, Cephrir wrote:
In post 417, Formerfish wrote:I like fall a lot. There more things for me and my daughter to do and there are holidays that we are starting our own traditions for so its cool.
without giving away the game, this qualifies as a town answer, but the whole game probably works much better in a chatroom
I dont understand what you mean, but im not too concerned by it.
i'll explain anyway. this is a technique ive seen used in chat mafia, primarily in kingmaker setups where player x is making a decision alone. x asks every player a seemingly irrelevant question and looks for certain things in their answer.

it probably doesn't work without the pressure of knowing you live or die based on the answer too, huh. oh well, it's fun.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 423, Auro wrote:As long as the disagreements persists, it's a great idea to talk about it, yeah?
If you've read my posts this game you should already know that I don't agree with this!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 426, Cephrir wrote:i'll explain anyway. this is a technique ive seen used in chat mafia, primarily in kingmaker setups where player x is making a decision alone. x asks every player a seemingly irrelevant question and
looks for certain things in their answer.

it probably doesn't work without the pressure of knowing
you live or die based on the answer
too, huh. oh well, it's fun.
Bolded- talk to me about this later, this seems interesting.

Italics- :eek: glad i didnt say spring.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm kind of here now. My inclination is to spend time on my own catching up and replying to the big wall posts from last page and a couple pages ago, but since there are people online I suppose I should interact with y'all. Is there anything specific anyone wants me to address in real time right now?

Are we all talking about Auro right now
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Auro and Geurts pretty much.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don't remember wgeurts doing much of anything, what is there to talk about
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 417, Formerfish wrote:
In post 414, Cephrir wrote:OK, sure. I probably tend to give townreads for the same reason sometimes even though I'm not really sure it's actually valid. I'll just look forward to hearing more from him I guess!

See I told you I was bad at this! :P realtime interaction should be really helpful, but I just feel put on the spot!

I guess I remember one thing I used to do in fast paced IRC games. What's your favorite season, fishy?
I looked back over his iso and actually found it a bit lacking in isolation. What pinged me especially was when he had a post saying:
In post 177, wgeurts wrote:Reading up, been mildly jetlagged as I flew to Australia a few days ago. Expect much more from me.
Then chastised Auro for saying he picked this game because he thought he'd be a little lower key (hint: it totally is, Theme is 54 pages, normal is 82, open is 88, and the large is only at 95. We have 17 pages), so it turns out that Auro was right, and I think hes the highest poster, so the warning from Geurts seems a little silly now that we know what we know about the posting people have done.

Especially when Geurts makes a later post about traveling again and that was one of his last posts.

And its cool man, i do better in figuring people out by talking to them in real time because they have less time to try and figure out angels and you get more honest answers. If you hunt differently, then do you.

I like fall a lot. There more things for me and my daughter to do and there are holidays that we are starting our own traditions for so its cool.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 422, Espeonage wrote:If you do X as town and people have observed this there is even more equity for you to do X as scum. You obviously do it as town, you could take advantage of doing it as scum, it's null.

However, I have specifically stated that my issue with you isn't what you are doing, but how you are doing it. I have talked about your mentality behind the base action and the words and tone you use. THAT is the difference why I think you are scum.
Yes, I'm saying it's
null
, and therefore not a reason to scumread me.

I'm claiming that you would get the same general impression about my words/tone from other town games. The accusation that I "am trying to form a blueprint to get out of being scumread" is a distinct enough behaviour to glean from other games. My focus on defending against scumreads on me is also something you can spot very easily from a skim.
I've explained my mentality behind such behaviour as well -
do you believe you can see little reason for town!Auro to be posting in such a way?

Spoiler: For reference
In post 284, Espeonage wrote:
In post 282, Espeonage wrote:Questions
are framed to find a way out of suspicion rather than getting a level of understanding
which is a scum mindset v town mindset thing.
In post 297, Espeonage wrote:uhhh... like that.

Like, town need to not lynch town too. And majority of players are town. So chances are if someone suspects you, you could be working better with them. So you try and get in to their head to understand why they are thinking the way they are thinking.
In post 225, Auro wrote:So you want to lynch Gobble?
Can you help me see town Cephrir?
Like this is good.
In post 219, Auro wrote:
In post 208, Cephrir wrote:My team is supporting me on the Auro suspicion
More details on why your teammates suspect me, pl0x?
This is really bad.

Do you see the difference. One is you working with someone to get in to their head to understand what they are thinking and most importantly why. The second is getting the blueprint on how to appear more town.

Espeonage wrote:I agree with Ceph that you are caring way too much about the parts of the whole rather than the whole.
I agree with you that this is worth talking about, if only because it has made me more confident in my read on you.
The parts form the whole. Is there something you think I'm ignoring/not talking enough about?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm probably making it sound more mysterious than it deserves
Bartleby the Scrivener
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 429, Dannflor wrote:Is there anything specific anyone wants me to address in real time right now?
Yup, your Esp read!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 433, Auro wrote:Yes, I'm saying it's null, and therefore not a reason to scumread me.
You are saying that it shouldnt be a scum read because you do the same thing as town sometimes right?

For that to be true then you have to do it sometimes as scum. So maybe thats just what we have here, one of the times you are doing it as scum and you are trying to excuse it by saying you also do it as town so scum reading you is bad.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I see. I didn't like picking at Auro for that especially given that I (and seemingly many others put in this game) don't have the most time in the world. That doesn't mean we still can't give it our all. It's scummy in that it's a very non-game related way to push someone but I need to see more from that slot in general.
In post 435, Auro wrote:
In post 429, Dannflor wrote:Is there anything specific anyone wants me to address in real time right now?
Yup, your Esp read!
His entrance gut town pinged me. Specifically #265 and #282.. I have no meta with him I just liked those posts as a way to immediately get into the game and start pushing on a deeper level. There's no long useless catch-up which I've seen a little bit of this game.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 437, Dannflor wrote:I see. I didn't like picking at Auro for that especially given that I (and seemingly many others put in this game) don't have the most time in the world. That doesn't mean we still can't give it our all. It's scummy in that it's a very non-game related way to push someone but I need to see more from that slot in general.
Also one of the reasons I was very surprised to see NSG put wgeurts in her town block and why I questioned that. I think I saw you were asking me about that, FF?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 437, Dannflor wrote:no long useless catch-up
Is this a shot at me?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 438, Dannflor wrote:
In post 437, Dannflor wrote:I see. I didn't like picking at Auro for that especially given that I (and seemingly many others put in this game) don't have the most time in the world. That doesn't mean we still can't give it our all. It's scummy in that it's a very non-game related way to push someone but I need to see more from that slot in general.
Also one of the reasons I was very surprised to see NSG put wgeurts in her town block and why I questioned that. I think I saw you were asking me about that, FF?
I think i did, something about why you would listen to anything NSG has said.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Dann, I was the original gentleman 2.
Don't @ me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Dannflor »

No it was not a shot at you FF
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 433, Auro wrote:
In post 422, Espeonage wrote:If you do X as town and people have observed this there is even more equity for you to do X as scum. You obviously do it as town, you could take advantage of doing it as scum, it's null.

However, I have specifically stated that my issue with you isn't what you are doing, but how you are doing it. I have talked about your mentality behind the base action and the words and tone you use. THAT is the difference why I think you are scum.
Yes, I'm saying it's
null
, and therefore not a reason to scumread me.

I'm claiming that you would get the same general impression about my words/tone from other town games. The accusation that I "am trying to form a blueprint to get out of being scumread" is a distinct enough behaviour to glean from other games. My focus on defending against scumreads on me is also something you can spot very easily from a skim.
I've explained my mentality behind such behaviour as well -
do you believe you can see little reason for town!Auro to be posting in such a way?

Spoiler: For reference
In post 284, Espeonage wrote:
In post 282, Espeonage wrote:Questions
are framed to find a way out of suspicion rather than getting a level of understanding
which is a scum mindset v town mindset thing.
In post 297, Espeonage wrote:uhhh... like that.

Like, town need to not lynch town too. And majority of players are town. So chances are if someone suspects you, you could be working better with them. So you try and get in to their head to understand why they are thinking the way they are thinking.
In post 225, Auro wrote:So you want to lynch Gobble?
Can you help me see town Cephrir?
Like this is good.
In post 219, Auro wrote:
In post 208, Cephrir wrote:My team is supporting me on the Auro suspicion
More details on why your teammates suspect me, pl0x?
This is really bad.

Do you see the difference. One is you working with someone to get in to their head to understand what they are thinking and most importantly why. The second is getting the blueprint on how to appear more town.

Espeonage wrote:I agree with Ceph that you are caring way too much about the parts of the whole rather than the whole.
The parts form the whole. Is there something you think I'm ignoring/not talking enough about?
@Bolded: Yes
Don't @ me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 440, Formerfish wrote:
In post 438, Dannflor wrote:
I think i did, something about why you would listen to anything NSG has said.
I really respect her reads and by extension RC's reads. If someone I know to be a good player is town reading someone, I want to know why. Regardless of whether they're towny or scummy within the specific game.

I mean I ask my scum reads about their reads a lot too, so I'm not sure why you assume I'd want to ignore NSG either way.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 441, Espeonage wrote:Dann, I was the original gentleman 2.
I don't know if you posted before I was replaced haha

At least I don't remember if you did
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Do we have all 3 people who held Gent 2s slot in this game?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 446, Formerfish wrote:
I fucking hope not.
Don't @ me.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 444, Dannflor wrote:so I'm not sure why you assume I'd want to ignore NSG either way.
This is one of the reasons I reflex voted you last night after skimming your walls. I thought the things you were questioning me for were kinda odd and a little conf-biasy in a "you've already decided I'm gonna be your scum read" type of way.

But I'm gonna read your posts for real now so maybe I'll get a different impression. I do wanna talk about this point especially, however.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 447, Espeonage wrote:
In post 446, Formerfish wrote:
I fucking hope not.
uhhh... why?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”