Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 366, Formerfish wrote: T: Ceph, Hop

TL: Kitty, Espy, Gob

N: Dunn, NSG, Joan

SL: Auro, Wgeurt

S: Dann, Dong
I feel like there have been a lot of changes to these reads since i caught up and interacted with different people.

I feel like im more here now.

Auro where are you on Dann right now?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Why is it that every time I want to go to bed I am wide the fuck awake but get sleepy when I want to be up? What kind of bullshit shenanigans is my body putting me though?

I might as well get up an be semi productive.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 344, gobbledygook wrote:Also it is quite unfortunate because
I purposefully lurking at the close of the weekend to see if this game would pick up activity if I was not at the center of it
and then I had a 20 hour monday and time has just continued to slip away from me. Looking back I shouldn't have purposefully removed myself from the discussion, but live and learn I guess.
Bruh, be real with me, did someone coach you to do/say this? You prodged Friday (promising stuff Saturday), Sunday (promising stuff Tuesday), and then again on Tuesday. So what I get from that and this explanation is that you had stuff you thought was worth addressing over the weekend as of Friday, then on Sunday went "ehhh I'm going to take this opportunity to lurk to watch
activity levels
" instead, and then got actually busy. What would an activity level change have indicated to you? I've never really been in a position where I cared about watching activity levels in relation
to myself
- because I know my alignment already, so I don't know what there is TO watch from that? Like if there's a defined narrative involving other people and no one's challenging it, that's a game state worth examining and can be telling. If you wanted to stop posting to let pressure on you taper from everyone's boredom, I'd rather you just admitted it. Otherwise: please clarify.
In post 341, gobbledygook wrote:Ok. I am caught up. I don't think I am actually going to wall anything, I'm just going to give reads.

Spoiler: KITTYMO ADDED THE SPOILER FOR BREVITY PURPOSES
Town
KittyMo
Auro
Dann
Dunn
Cephrir
Hopkirk
Espeonage
Joan of Arc
DongEmpire
Formerfish
Wgeurts
NSG
Scum

You can view the Joan of Arc line as the official null line because I have no read on that slot and it is odd that others do have a read on that slot when it has two posts with no content.

Principally, the things that I am most suspect about are...

Dunn being able to extrapolate so much from a Joan of Arc vote on me. I feel like he is projecting and has entered the Death Spiral to get me killed.
NSG stating that Wgeurts was one of the three people in her town block and then not moving her vote despite having ample to time to post several more times after that fact.
Dongempire backing off Cephrir seemed like he realized he went down the wrong path trying to get people to scumread Cephrir. I also feel like Hopkirk is reaching with some of his analysis (particular when it comes to me), but he is very funny so I will townread him to keep him around longer.

I want to vote NSG because she is playing into her scum meta that I saw in Alternative 9P. I find it odd that no one else is commenting on that. It seemed like it was common knowledge across the site since other payers in that game also made that observation.

VOTE: Dongempire
Main things that I don't see a progression for and would like to know where they're coming from - why wgeurts/FF are lower than Joan in that order, why Ceph is above null. Other than that, I feel generically positive about this post. lmao @ the Hopkirk bit.
In post 183, Dannflor wrote:
In post 147, KittyMo wrote:Dannflor asked gobble twice something along the lines of whether gobble gets why people might be concerned he's asking an empty question. Ironically, I think concerns that someone initiating RQS is scum "hiding behind" it has been overblown every single time I have ever seem an RQS. It's of course good to know why gobble asked the question, but I ironically think overly nitpicking RQS is an easy thing for scum to do to look like they're doing something. In turn, I have a small amount of beef with Auro in particular for opening with the assumption that it will yield nothing useful, and also with Dannflor for seeming to try to overly emphasize it's only reasonable to be suspicious of gobble. I do, however, appreciate Dann's analysis that the wooden tone from gobble fits with tryhard town, which is evidence Dann is trying to get a real read from this.
My point in asking that question to Gobble was to determine whether his rather OMGUS push on Cephrir and suspicion of Auro came from an incredulous town place or awkward scum. Based off tone, I feel like gobble is town who has come in and made some awkward posts/flubs that they're having trouble recovering from. The problem is, I don't have solid reasoning for why they aren't just scum instead—besides gut—soooooo very not confident read. Except for the fact that I think it's just not that easy.

I don't know. I'm waiting on him to respond to Dunnstrall's walls hopefully with a bit of a cooler head.

Overall, I think he's been a bit too careless/hyperactive to be scum here. Like I see the points others are making about his tone being more defensive here, but my gut is saying frustrated town.
And I've kind of delayed giving explicit thoughts on gobble, and so I'm going to attempt to write that up, and I wanted to call back this post because it's adjacent to some of my own thoughts.

He started with RQS, and while I do acknowledge that it's something people may consider doing to some degree before the game thread opens, all of my previous personal experiences with RQS are (1) the person who does it is town and (2) they are inevitably pushed on by people because it's a safe starting point to look at motivations behind, moreso than it being an easy thing to look like you're doing something. So weak read, but this game fits the second half of the pattern at least and I think doing RQS is more town than not because it is ballsier than it looks.

His stated motivation for the RQS (besides getting to know people he doesn't have much of a feel for) is specifically looking at who's going to be a big personality. If that's an actual concern for him as scum, he has plenty of people to privately ask about it - posted role PMs confirm day talk. I don't...necessarily know why it wouldn't become obvious through natural interactions who is a big enough personality for it to be relevant, but kinda in that sense it also feels like a weird basis to "fake solve" around?

This loops me back here:
In post 155, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 98, gobbledygook wrote: I'm just tired of being the day 1 lynch. It's been like 6 games now and its uber frustrating because I would say I am above 60% for catching scum but it doesn't matter people just do not understand me and kill me.
This post is weird when you posted this earlier:
In post 91, gobbledygook wrote:That is a fair assertion. I had two main reasons for asking the question. 1) I wanted to understand the types of players in this game. I wanted to see if it was going to be a lot of people with big personalities or people who thought highly of themselves a la RC/Mastina/Kuribo, etc. It appears that this playerlist is not like that at all, judging from the responses. Save for probably Dongempire. 2) I wanted it to get us out of RVS by giving us SOMETHING to talk about.
In post 277, Dunnstral wrote: I think 91 is more likely to be a faked post because of 98, and that his omgus behavior when he seems to acknowledge that people don't get him and kill him doesn't really make sense to me
Like...I think you can think you have good reads/insticts without relating to those kinds of players/playstyles. I take it as more that he feels like he should be valued more than he is, more than he thinks he's better than other people. Not quite sure I am looking at this from the same angle you were, but I think these viewpoints can coexist.

I don't really see the OMGUS bit as contradictory. Like, I wouldn't say he OMGUSed Auro/Dann really for pushing him regarding RQS, and he implied his interactions with Ceph were giving him flashbacks to a situation where gobble was TvS (odd thing there now for me is, as mentioned earlier, progression on Ceph).
In post 55, gobbledygook wrote:
Do you think it is a bad idea to try and introduce discussion into the game?
In post 72, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 67, Dannflor wrote:Why was this something you felt the need to wait to reveal?
I didn’t actually :P But it is helpful to see what people pick and choose to respond to. Like do people ask legitimate questions are do they ask empty questions like Cephrir’s wood question
gobble's reactions to pressure like...are reasonable in sentiment but somehow didn't quite land well with tone/wording. Which with the context that he's been getting killed a lot D1 made me feel like that was going to make him touchy regardless of alignment and that over-pressuring him may actually make it harder to read him??

I kinda vibe with Dannflor's "hyperactive" take in that gobble's initial approach to the thread initially feels ...frenetic? brazen? in a way that I don't think unconfident scum hoping to just set up his teammates for the win tends to come off. I wish this was a stronger read??? I'm a little tilted by the admission of the intentional lurking (first quote in this post) but also definitely don't get the mindset behind it. If I set that aside, overall, I like him better than I don't.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I took Gobs 344 way differently than you did. I'll wait for Gob to chime in before I give my 2 cents though.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 515, northsidegal wrote:i apologize if this is frustrating, but my team unanimously agrees that it's best for me to spend my time elsewhere. if i don't get nightkilled this game will be my first priority tomorrow.
I have more negative feelings about this than just frustration that are probably best left unexpressed. I will say, if you are town, don't kid yourself that avoiding interactions to this degree is a #ProStrat. If you have time to make excuses of this nature 3 times in ~24 hours, you have time to post something content shaped. :]
In post 507, Auro wrote:KittyMo, do you want to lynch one of NSG/Joan?

I mean, I do stand by my belief that scum!Gobble would make a case for town!Joan. Where should my read on her be? It's just a smidge above null.
Joan slot's off the table at the moment, I certainly don't have strong enough reads on the rest of the game to justify lynching there. NSG's playstyle leans pro-scum, but to an extent we're being forced to read around her unless we call the bluff and run her up, which...is an option, but an option I will moreso weigh when I hopefully feel less bitter!
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Donempire »

I'm on page 17 right now, i can get a post up in ~2 hours
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 413, Cephrir wrote:
In post 409, Auro wrote:
In post 406, Cephrir wrote:I don't care! If he doesn't use meta, that's his prerogative.
Let's try to figure where we disagree.

1. Esp said I'm scum for a reason X.
2. A cursory glance at my town games would show X in those games.
3. Dunn also says I do X as town.
4. Therefore, scumreading me for X is not valid.
I believe this is the point of disagreement.
-Dunn is fallible.
-Maybe the way you're doing it this time is subtly different (it can't possibly be exactly the same unless you post the same exact words).
-Maybe Espe thinks the entirety of mafia is situational and personality has no consistency from game to game.

Personally the major reason for my scumread on you is becoming the focus on defense, the "you CAN'T scumread me for X!" mindset that reminds me of scum caught for the wrong reason, and harping on dumb points like this when you could be doing anything else.
I agree with this.

Regarding esp on auro, i think shes wrong on a number of fronts which include not giving a proper reason to scumread in the first place, giving me the idea that shes on the auro wagon to seem like she found something and is committed but hasnt really brought up any good points besides
In post 282, Espeonage wrote:Questions are framed to find a way out of suspicion rather than getting a level of understanding which is a scum mindset v town mindset thing.
which is true in the post you quoted, but it isnt a reason to be certain on someone being scum. Because besides the fact it can be meta for someone, there isnt any wrong with asking someone why they are being scumread because town can be doing the wrong stuff because of inexperience or because he wants to debate ceph (and by proxy his team) on the reasons and maybe persuade him. Fact stands that this is the only way you've tried to push auro and you're clearly making this a bigger deal than it deserves.

Coming back to cephs post though and why i quoted it, Town!Auro should have gotten over this read since arguing with esp is going nowhere and taking a defensive stance this early is no good. And needless to say, i agree with the scum caught for wrong reason vibe because thats the same vibe im getting. I'm not entirely convinced though and i have my own list of people to shake down.
Formerly Dongempire
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:02 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Dongempire, can you find me a scumread that isn't Auro?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:41 am

Post by Donempire »

Auros not my scumread, i think that defending himself isnt indicative of scumminess but rather misplaced focus. Espeonage is my highest scumread right now and former would have to come second though its not half as strong as esp.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:55 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 341, gobbledygook wrote: Dongempire backing off Cephrir seemed like he realized he went down the wrong path trying to get people to scumread Cephrir. I also feel like Hopkirk is reaching with some of his analysis (particular when it comes to me), but he is very funny so I will townread him to keep him around longer.

I want to vote NSG because she is playing into her scum meta that I saw in Alternative 9P. I find it odd that no one else is commenting on that. It seemed like it was common knowledge across the site since other payers in that game also made that observation.

VOTE: Dongempire
I'm going to only say this once because everyone seems to be getting the wrong idea. I'm not scumreading cephrir. I made and the former vote on him was because i viewed his playstyle as pretty shitty and the way he engaged with gobble and auro the same. At that time i didnt know what to make of his posts but i didnt like them, but the reason for my push on him was that his playstyle was both lazy and didnt allow for more discussion. If you're going to push on me please dont all use the same shitty excuse, especially when its wrong.
Formerly Dongempire
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 533, Donempire wrote:former would have to come second
Are you caught up? Nothing in my iso has made you reconsider your read on me at all? What is your read on me based on? I don't remember seeing you ever really say why you don't like me.

I mean, I don't like your slot this game, but i think that you could figure that out from my posting, you on the other hand not so much.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:51 am

Post by Donempire »

Yup, im caught up, its just the way people have been generally responding (wallposts and multiquotes) have done a number on me and its hard to follow or respond to some stuff. I'll try explaining my read on you but i dont want to lynch you yet, or at least over espionage
Formerly Dongempire
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Auro »

In post 524, Formerfish wrote:If you and I arent the lynch today, I dont think Gob is either, where do we go?
I'll respond to this after a few more pages, and I *think* Gob could be back on the table as well.
Also remind me to talk about the chainsaw defence post game :P
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:43 am

Post by T-Bone »

CheekyTeeky replaces wguerts, effective immediately.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:44 am

Post by T-Bone »

Vote Count
Auro - 4
(Cephrir, Hopkirk, Espeonage, Formerfish)
Dongempire - 2
(gobbledygook, Dannflor)
Cephrir - 1
(Dongempire)
gobbledygook - 1
(Joan of Arc)
KittyMo - 1
(CheekyTeeky)
wguerts - 1
(northsidegal)
Dunnstral - 1
(Kittymo)

Not Voting - 2
(Auro, Dunnstral)

Activity Check - Replacing Joan of Arc, prodding goobledygook

Deadline: (expired on 2020-01-16 22:59:30)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:56 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Cheeky are you gonna quick hammer me like last time
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:13 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Technically I didn't hammer. Hey look, no wagon on you! I better get busy ;)
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:25 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 539, T-Bone wrote:Auro - 4 (Cephrir, Hopkirk, Espeonage, Formerfish)
I have briefly skimmed this game. Not town reading this wagon plus Dunnstral who I keep flip-flopping on

Hubby </3. Why? I thought you'd always be faithful.

Kitty-mo is my strongest town read, everyone else seems ok?

Auro could you rank my suspects from towniest to scummiest from your POV?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Formerfish »

I didn't realize Geurts was getting replaced. Wifey you have a hole to climb out of.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:51 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 366, Formerfish wrote:Townie: Wgeurt, Kitty, Ceph, Hop, Espy

Nullie: Dunn, NSG, Gob

Scummie: Dann, Joan, Auro, Dong
In post 525, Formerfish wrote:

I feel like there have been a lot of changes to these reads since i caught up and interacted with different people.

What did I do to fall from grace?

Talk to me about Ceph and Hop. No
bs
wall.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:08 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 527, KittyMo wrote:Bruh, be real with me, did someone coach you to do/say this? You prodged Friday (promising stuff Saturday), Sunday (promising stuff Tuesday), and then again on Tuesday. So what I get from that and this explanation is that you had stuff you thought was worth addressing over the weekend as of Friday, then on Sunday went "ehhh I'm going to take this opportunity to lurk to watch activity levels" instead, and then got actually busy. What would an activity level change have indicated to you? I've never really been in a position where I cared about watching activity levels in relation to myself - because I know my alignment already, so I don't know what there is TO watch from that? Like if there's a defined narrative involving other people and no one's challenging it, that's a game state worth examining and can be telling. If you wanted to stop posting to let pressure on you taper from everyone's boredom, I'd rather you just admitted it. Otherwise: please clarify.
By commenting on stuff I meant like things that Dunnstral was needling, but I didn’t think it was worth it for the game state to get into a post by post quote strip war. I don’t have the time for it at least
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:08 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Also why do you think I would be coached to say that?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:26 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 544, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 366, Formerfish wrote:Townie: Wgeurt, Kitty, Ceph, Hop, Espy

Nullie: Dunn, NSG, Gob

Scummie: Dann, Joan, Auro, Dong
In post 525, Formerfish wrote:

What did I do to fall from grace?

Talk to me about Ceph and Hop. No
bs
wall.
Turkey I think you're pretty great. Stop caring about how you're perceived and do you.

I'm surprised this is a set-up you didn't want, I took you for a competitive player who would like the challenge.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:26 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ignore the quote.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 547, CheekyTeeky wrote:
I'm surprised this is a set-up you didn't want, I took you for a competitive player who would like the challenge.
Subtlety. If you're going to buddy him, try not being this on the nose.

I dont like this post at all.
Formerly Dongempire

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”