Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:03 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 549, Donempire wrote:
In post 547, CheekyTeeky wrote:
I'm surprised this is a set-up you didn't want, I took you for a competitive player who would like the challenge.
Subtlety. If you're going to buddy him, try not being this on the nose.

I dont like this post at all.
I feel like you've shot yourself in the foot with your own read here. Yes WIFOM but like duh I would be more subtle if scum.

I think a lot of gobble's posts read like he's overly self-conscious and that's going to throw any reads on him plus take away from his own ability to interact and get decent reads.

Tell me more feisty Dong.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:32 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 527, KittyMo wrote:
In post 341, gobbledygook wrote:Ok. I am caught up. I don't think I am actually going to wall anything, I'm just going to give reads.

Spoiler: KITTYMO ADDED THE SPOILER FOR BREVITY PURPOSES
Town
KittyMo
Auro
Dann
Dunn
Cephrir
Hopkirk
Espeonage
Joan of Arc
DongEmpire
Formerfish
Wgeurts
NSG
Scum

You can view the Joan of Arc line as the official null line because I have no read on that slot and it is odd that others do have a read on that slot when it has two posts with no content.

Principally, the things that I am most suspect about are...

Dunn being able to extrapolate so much from a Joan of Arc vote on me. I feel like he is projecting and has entered the Death Spiral to get me killed.
NSG stating that Wgeurts was one of the three people in her town block and then not moving her vote despite having ample to time to post several more times after that fact.
Dongempire backing off Cephrir seemed like he realized he went down the wrong path trying to get people to scumread Cephrir. I also feel like Hopkirk is reaching with some of his analysis (particular when it comes to me), but he is very funny so I will townread him to keep him around longer.

I want to vote NSG because she is playing into her scum meta that I saw in Alternative 9P. I find it odd that no one else is commenting on that. It seemed like it was common knowledge across the site since other payers in that game also made that observation.

VOTE: Dongempire
Main things that I don't see a progression for and would like to know where they're coming from - why wgeurts/FF are lower than Joan in that order, why Ceph is above null. Other than that, I feel generically positive about this post. lmao @ the Hopkirk bit.
Anything you want to add on these subjects?
In post 545, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 527, KittyMo wrote:
In post 344, gobbledygook wrote:Also it is quite unfortunate because
I purposefully lurking at the close of the weekend to see if this game would pick up activity if I was not at the center of it
and then I had a 20 hour monday and time has just continued to slip away from me. Looking back I shouldn't have purposefully removed myself from the discussion, but live and learn I guess.
Bruh, be real with me, did someone coach you to do/say this? You prodged Friday (promising stuff Saturday), Sunday (promising stuff Tuesday), and then again on Tuesday. So what I get from that and this explanation is that you had stuff you thought was worth addressing over the weekend as of Friday, then on Sunday went "ehhh I'm going to take this opportunity to lurk to watch activity levels" instead, and then got actually busy. What would an activity level change have indicated to you? I've never really been in a position where I cared about watching activity levels in relation to myself - because I know my alignment already, so I don't know what there is TO watch from that? Like if there's a defined narrative involving other people and no one's challenging it, that's a game state worth examining and can be telling. If you wanted to stop posting to let pressure on you taper from everyone's boredom, I'd rather you just admitted it. Otherwise: please clarify.
By commenting on stuff I meant like things that Dunnstral was needling, but I didn’t think it was worth it for the game state to get into a post by post quote strip war. I don’t have the time for it at least
In post 546, gobbledygook wrote:Also why do you think I would be coached to say that?
Referring to it primarily in terms of you wanting to watch activity levels didn't seem to make sense contextually and thus seemed like an excuse. Which sticks out to me especially because it seems brazen to be making the admission that you were tactically lurking after promising to do stuff; it's a strange juxtaposition where you seem to be trying to make your tactic sound fancier than it is, while also being more honest in part of the admission than is probably necessary. I don't know if it fits better from "suicidal" scum gobble or "worn out yolo" town gobble, but it feels like a post that should be AI in that way. It crossed my mind that it being influenced by outside of thread chat could be relevant to your mindset in doing that? And in general it's not clear from your posts what role, if any, being able to talk to other people about this game has on your game, and it's something I'm generally curious about for you. From the follow-up response it seems you meant that you thought you wall-responding to Dunn COULD have problematic effects on activity levels/game state rather than it being, like, a reaction test to the thread (as I initially thought you were framing it as). Which makes more sense, but somehow...isn't as telling of a response as I hoped, I guess.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:39 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Formerfish
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:37 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 463, Dannflor wrote:I lied about reading, because I went to make more food first. NOW I am reading.

I voted him because I was frustrated with the gamestate (see: VC's with everyone voting a different person) and wanted to build an actual concrete wagon on someone since my pushes on you and Dongempire were going nowhere. I also was the least sure about him of the leading wagons at the time so it was the best place for my vote to go I thought.

The people I feel I have a good grasp on are Hopkirk and Auro, and I think I'll have a pretty solid grasp on FF and Cephrir once I'm done reading.
I have a grasp on why you like Hopkirk, but I don't on why you like Auro. (Fun fact, his name shows up in your iso 38 times). The way he handles suspicion still pings me as "caught for the wrong reasons" with misplaced valuations, though I'll admit theory differences seem to exist.

I am also wondering on what basis Dunnstral is trying to read Auro himself, since a lot of his content around Auro is pointing out things Auro is being attacked for that appear to be in Auro's town range. Maybe I should like Auro more for living in the thread.
In post 355, Espeonage wrote:To provide actual works to answer Dunn's question.

The point I am making is that there is a right way to ask about suspicion on yourself, and just asking and getting
ammo on how to fix it and be town read
is not the way to do it. That is why I am scum reading Auro. All of the mentality stuff I am reading in Auro's posts reads to me as working out how to be town read not how to convince others of their own reads to work with others. This isn't even town ego either which I would admit is probably townie despite being a shithouse way to play the game that I am a hypocrite for calling out.

The entirety of my reasoning is Auro cares more about being town read than finding scum.
In spite of me not liking how Auro handles suspicion, this is not really how I see it and I'd like more context from you on how you see this happening. Like, do you see evidence of Auro weaponizing this ammo / adapting based on the answers he's getting?
In post 466, Espeonage wrote:If it helps, I think I meant to say Dann if I said Dunn. And also I forget why it was so there's that.
How about you try to refresh your memory on it?
In post 498, Espeonage wrote:Fuck I lost a huge post.

Basically I had this big thing that there's probably 1 and maybe 2 scum in the lurkers because of wagon reasons and it ended in me asking for cliff notes on the lurkers from Hopkirk and Auro and my mirroring some points Ceph made.
Bummer, would be interesting to get more in-depth, wider focused takes from you.
In post 409, Auro wrote:
In post 406, Cephrir wrote:I don't care! If he doesn't use meta, that's his prerogative.
Let's try to figure where we disagree.

1. Esp said I'm scum for a reason X.
2. A cursory glance at my town games would show X in those games.
3. Dunn also says I do X as town.
4. Therefore, scumreading me for X is not valid.
5. Therefore, Esp should re-assess.

(I don't think X is scummy by itself anyway, but that's a different issue)

Can you tell me which point you disagree me with on?
Dunnstral has implied he's not exactly an Auro whisperer. Does cancel food have a better track record?
In post 496, Auro wrote:Yes, and Dunn's reasoning is that for *her* it's more town indicative than scum indicative - if she were scum she'd drum up some opposition to the wagon, etc, wouldn't sheep and lurk away.

Would you want to lynch her, if not me?
Do you have any meta experience with her? Where exactly were you getting that as scum would she "drum up opposition" to the wagon? Prior to finding out she was going to be replaced, but after I corrected you on the context of the wagon, to what extent did that move the needle on your read there or willingness to lynch her?
In post 491, Auro wrote: KittyMo: I forgot what I thought of this player before.
What, you haven't done a full meta report on me yet?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 553, KittyMo wrote:I have a grasp on why you like Hopkirk, but I don't on why you like Auro. (Fun fact, his name shows up in your iso 38 times). The way he handles suspicion still pings me as "caught for the wrong reasons" with misplaced valuations, though I'll admit theory differences seem to exist.
For the most part, I just straight up read the way he handles suspicion differently. I read it as town earnestly trying to understand
why
people are scum reading him, and using that as a jumping off point to sort them. Even if you believe his valuations are misplaced, what's important is that his efforts are focused on the discussion himself, and not necessarily making himself look town. If his goal was to shake the scum reads, I don't know that'd he'd engage with them on such a deep level.

My reading of him extends to me straight up not liking most of the pushes on him. They haven't felt especially convincing, and in some cases not especially earnest, to me.
In post 553, KittyMo wrote:Does cancel food have a better track record?
Yes! Well, the worst has implied that he has a good track record reading Auro, and that's one of the main reads he's given me this game. Eddie Cane also agrees, though not sure if he has history with Auro or not.

Ank has read 4 pages of this game.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 554, Dannflor wrote:discussion itself
EBWOP
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 552, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: Formerfish
I am disappoint.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by T-Bone »

BBMolla replaces Joan of Arc, effective immediately.

24 hours will be added to Day 1 to compensate for replacements.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hi BBMolla, why did your team replace you in over the other options?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I've met Mathblade and Titus through meetups, and I literally went to school with DEB (and boonskiies and espressojet and loserdudeog etc.) so according to discord I was the one on the replacement list they were most familiar with

I heard this is the most boring game in Team Mafia let's fucking make it a party homies
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

And I'm town so this game is gonna be way easier than I anticipated woot woot
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Auro »

Oooh hi BB :3

I'll respond to questions addressed at me later.
In post 515, northsidegal wrote:i apologize if this is frustrating, but my team unanimously agrees that it's best for me to spend my time elsewhere. if i don't get nightkilled this game will be my first priority tomorrow.
NSG, for *reasons* this disturbs me now - given the high scum win rate, and the expectation that you'd be N1-killed, doesn't that imply you'd want to make *some* contribution to the thread before you leave?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 560, BBmolla wrote:And I'm town so this game is gonna be way easier than I anticipated woot woot
Did you think your slot was scum?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 562, Cephrir wrote:
In post 560, BBmolla wrote:And I'm town so this game is gonna be way easier than I anticipated woot woot
Did you think your slot was scum?
I hadn't read the game, but I always feel like if I'm replacing into a slot it's more than likely scum? I just assume people hate playing scum as much as I do.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: wgeurts
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'm going to make this the fucking fun game or die trying
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 564, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: wgeurts
Thats me :)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: CheekTeeky
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Dong

okay im done

you're okay for now cheeky
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Saving me for dessert?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Ayy lmao

nah your posts are okay

let's be town and win this game together

or you can be scum and bus your buddies for towncred

im fine either way
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I can't bus them it's white flag!
Why Dong?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by BBmolla »

First two posts are scumposts
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 54, Donempire wrote:If this is mountanious like i've been told we have an easy win on our hands. In the meantime while i catch scum:
In post 533, Donempire wrote:Auros not my scumread, i think that defending himself isnt indicative of scumminess but rather misplaced focus. Espeonage is my highest scumread right now and former would have to come second though its not half as strong as esp.
Dong distancing from FF?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 53, Donempire wrote:Fuckers
In post 54, Donempire wrote:If this is mountanious like i've been told we have an easy win on our hands. In the meantime while i catch scum:
these two

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”