Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1048, Espeonage wrote:Is no one else getting klaxons going off in all directions from Dunn's reaction to the FF momentum?

Because that is ringing so clear at me right now.
What do you do when your town reads are being pushed, let them die?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Wait sorry

Ff

You still think I’m scum?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Like you actually believe that?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1052, Dannflor wrote:Wait sorry

Ff

You still think I’m scum?
I would need to go back and dive into you again. Im coming off a little spat of insomnia so the past few days are blurring together for me.

I remember feeling different about you but cant remember why.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Cheeky you asked me to explain to you how I saw FF as town, when I entered the thread there just happened to also be a wagon forming on FF. Would you feel better about it if I pointed out that my post came 1 day, 23 hours, and 21 minutes after my previous post ?
In post 1041, CheekyTeeky wrote:You barely fucking talk to me any game and always seem to think what I'm doing is stupid.
OK. I wasn't aware we had that kind of history. I'm trying to talk to you but you react by saying I'm looking for fuel to counter you with, or something.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1050, Dannflor wrote:if FF ever flips red then kill Dunn 100%
Do you really believe this?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 888, gobbledygook wrote:Skimming the last two pages I like BBmolla for town too, but I don't remember him from the early game at all.
This statement in particular seems to come from a town viewpoint.

I'm not at all sold on a Gobble lynch.

FF, your team was giving you inputs: can you specify what exactly?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1056, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1050, Dannflor wrote:if FF ever flips red then kill Dunn 100%
Do you really believe this?
it's just sort of a, you would have to die at that point kinda thing
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1057, Auro wrote:
In post 888, gobbledygook wrote:Skimming the last two pages I like BBmolla for town too, but I don't remember him from the early game at all.
This statement in particular seems to come from a town viewpoint.

I'm not at all sold on a Gobble lynch.

FF, your team was giving you inputs: can you specify what exactly?
This defense is SO lame, are you serious
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I feel like no one would want you in LyLo if you had hard defended a scum lynch
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1059, Dunnstral wrote:This defense is SO lame, are you serious
Can you case Gobble right now?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1057, Auro wrote:FF, your team was giving you inputs: can you specify what exactly?
Its less that they are giving me reads and more that I am using them as a sounding board for my own reads and we are talking them out there, like they are helping me flesh things out a little better than just being in my head.

Its not like Elsa is yelling at me that i need to vote anyone in particular, I'm just using my team like a neighborhood filled with ghosts, like The Frighteners.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I just can't believe that you would town read him that strongly that you would divert the lynch onto a no info lurker. Even if you town read him, is he not a good lynch? There have been enough stances on him and now even more so that I think it's a key piece to the puzzle you're not willing to pick up.

The scum reads on FF haven't come from nowhere people have been scumreading him at various points in the game and as we were approaching day end enough people were fine to lynch him because he's not exactly as obv town as you make him out to be. We'll never know now what all the pieces meant because you decided to the move the wagon. I really hope you're scum moving this wagon otherwise wtf dude.

Anyway at least I feel better that you're not all going to lynch the NSG slot anymore because I like having scum forced to decide whether to kill her or another prominent townie.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 512, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not so sure on her but I don't want to lynch her just for doing nothing, in this game, because I want to win. Day 2 or day 3, if she's still doing nothing/hasn't been replaced, we can take a harsher look at her based on information we have, right now though it's a lame lynch
Dunn, why did this change?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1062, Formerfish wrote:Its less that they are giving me reads and more that I am using them as a sounding board for my own reads and we are talking them out there, like they are helping me flesh things out a little better than just being in my head.
FF, I would still like to hear the discussions around your thoughts, paraphrased.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Dannflor »

@mod, will there be an extension if NSG is replaced
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1054, Formerfish wrote:I remember feeling different about you but cant remember why.
different in a good way? bad way? Why do you wanna hang me
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

You all are making my head spin.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

The first few posts in my iso are me going over, mostly, gobble's early posts, and why I didn't like them. Later in my iso you see me talking to kittymo about gobble. If you want to see what I'm talking about, you can look there, if you want to know how I justify my read, it's in there.

His recent posting has him going between nsg and FF, deciding to join the ff wagon because he "wanted him to be town, instead of thinking he was town" and is really opportunistic jumping on FF

In post 1064, Auro wrote:
In post 512, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not so sure on her but I don't want to lynch her just for doing nothing, in this game, because I want to win. Day 2 or day 3, if she's still doing nothing/hasn't been replaced, we can take a harsher look at her based on information we have, right now though it's a lame lynch
Dunn, why did this change?
We are approaching deadline; The way the wagons were looking, it was going to be either NSG or FF. I'm not scumreading FF. Also, my team was urging me to get on NSG at the same time
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

ceph who do you want to kill most
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1065, Auro wrote:FF, I would still like to hear the discussions around your thoughts, paraphrased.
All of them? You may want to filter your request a little. Some are NSFW. Well, most.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1063, CheekyTeeky wrote:I just can't believe that you would town read him that strongly that you would divert the lynch onto a no info lurker. Even if you town read him, is he not a good lynch? There have been enough stances on him and now even more so that I think it's a key piece to the puzzle you're not willing to pick up.
I don't put too much importance on "info lynch" - I'd prefer to look for the mafia.

I'm willing to discuss who becomes scum if formerfish is town - I suspect it's the same people I'm already scumreading right now; Gobble, Espeonage who's recent play is making me scumread them h arder
In post 1063, CheekyTeeky wrote:The scum reads on FF haven't come from nowhere people have been scumreading him at various points in the game and as we were approaching day end enough people were fine to lynch him because he's not exactly as obv town as you make him out to be. We'll never know now what all the pieces meant because you decided to the move the wagon. I really hope you're scum moving this wagon otherwise wtf dude.

Anyway at least I feel better that you're not all going to lynch the NSG slot anymore because I like having scum forced to decide whether to kill her or another prominent townie.
People haven't been talking about why they don't like FF, though. You were the first person to ask me, and FF was never really in contention for the lynch until now. Maybe I missed things, but to me it looked like this wagon came out of nowhere. I'm not sure why you're acting like I'm doing something ~wrong~ by trying to change the lynch here.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Auro »

Lesser the filters the better :D
If you're town it'll help me see you're a mislynch.

Also FF, quick question: if we could wagon Dunn right now, would you join?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 958, Dannflor wrote:Hello. In this post I will vomit words. Read it if it'll be helpful in sorting me or other people.

Spoiler: Town Reads!
Dunnstral
- Town. This read took a while to form. I don't know what's it been about his posts but I've just had a hard time parsing or focusing on them? I want to blame the wall post style but that's extremely hypocritical of me given I often default to that style. I think I've just been tired! Anyway, actually reading his posts it's uh... pretty good. I think the biggest factor here is the distinct lack of agenda present in his posting. His wall posts reek of good faith town sorting. I especially like progressions such as in #346 where he comes to an understanding with gobble, doesn't make a big LAMIST show of it, and moves quietly on to his next scum read. I like Dunn getting town pinged by my early posting #154 and then subsequently scum reading me and not hesitating to push me / question me. It shows a desire to constantly reevaluate without worrying about looking like he's constantly reevaluating. The uncertainty in #512 reads genuine and towny to me, as well as echoing some of the sentiments I've had about this game recently. In more general terms, he asks good questions.

CheekyTeeky
- Town. Eddie Cane helped with this read initially but since then I've liked a lot of Cheeky's posts individually. For the most part, I keep mind melding with him—which I've found to be a pretty good way to tell when someone is town—both in his entrance/initial FF vote in #552 and more recently in feeling better about Dong in #916. Cheeky has been relentless in asking people who town read his scum reads to explain where they're at, and genuinely attempting to get at the root of the difference in read. He asks Dunnstral to explain town FF and me to explain town Hopkirk. I think Cheeky has the best balance of asking good questions and actual sorting / taking stances of anyone in the game, and as such is probably my strongest town read right now. Also contrary to what BBmolla said, I really like all of his votes and timing of all of his votes. Cheeky's general paranoia and continued probing/hedging on me while still *shrugging* and putting me in his top bracket also reads like a townie progression. It shows that he's not just throwing shade at me because he can and it'll keep me from town blocking, but he actually wants to determine my alignment.

Auro
- Town. Here's the spicy one. I started town reading Auro very early on with post #50, where his concerns about Gobble's question echoed exactly what I was thinking at the time. Honestly, reading back over his ISO, I see *why* people scum read him, even if I don't agree. In general, the scum reads on him seem to be a clash in style, where Auro is a player who gets a lot out of dissecting and evaluating other player's reads on himself, whereas other players see that as overly defensive and scummy. And the thing is, I feel like Auro is a good enough player to just know that as scum, he could let some of these attacks go and look a lot better for it, but he engages in the sometimes fruitless arguments—like recently with FF—anyway. You could argue that he's just trying to clutter the thread as a scum strategy, but I really don't think that's a danger in this game with such a slow pace. Instead, it reads much more like a town mindset that's very willing to go into just about anything and everything, EVEN if that reflects poorly on himself. Like, I don't read Auro's posts and think that his defensiveness is image based, or that he's worried about being town read. Instead, I see Auro using other's reads on him as a way into sorting those people. This is shown in posts like #203 and in his reads list in #491. If Auro was focused on image, I don't think he comes around so quickly to Ceph!town when Ceph was his original attacker. His reads on Dong and Esp are also generated out of his direct engagement with them. I ALSO think it's been quite clear for a while that Auro's method has only been causing more people to scum read him, and I think Auro is smart enough to see that. Yet, he hasn't stopped. Which simply points to Auro just being town. Town that clashes with other town? Maybe, but still town.

KittyMo
- Town. Someone else said earlier that the timing of KittyMo's vote on NSG was towny, I agree with that. I'm not going to harp on too long with this read because I think it's fairly consensus. However, I will say that her progressions and thought processes in a post like #527 is super towny. She takes strong stances but still has an ounce of uncertainty that speaks to her alignment. It's not fence-sitting for an agenda, but more believable uncertainty and trying to get to a concrete conclusion despite evidence in both directions. You can see the same sort of thing in her read of me. Similar to Cheeky, she has her (valid) concerns about me but isn't interested in using them to just discredit me. Also "I guess I'm bored of everyone saying he's too good at scum to deserve to be townread or whatever with minimal elaboration" felt like an especially towny way to approach the read on me. I think me being a more uncertain town read is always going to be beneficial for scum and just dismissing that so casually is towny. Also KittyMo makes me laugh and I don't want her to be scum

Cephrir
- Lean Town. Idk like, what is Cephrir really doing if he's scum? His disinterest in this game has read pretty genuine compared to other players' similar sentiments (more on this later), and his complete lack of regard for engaging with Dong or Auro in #315 is ACTUALLY towny. Definitely a style difference between Auro and him, but in this game especially I think makes Ceph greater than rand town. We have a lot of wall posters and people engaging over every little squibble and detail, and Ceph has firmly said he's not gonna do either of those things. Psychologically, scum want to blend in and what he's done is exactly the opposite of what he needs to do for that. Is Cephrir a good enough scum player to just say fuck it and do that anyway? Probably. But I like his trajectory on NSG and nothing about his posts have really scum pinged me, so he's leaning towards the town category for now.

Hopkirk
- Lean town. Another read Eddie had first. Early on, his analysis in #73 and #149 concerning gobble was something unique no one else had latched onto yet and showed a level of deeper thinking that's harder for scum to pull off. Later on, Hopkirk's reaction to the modkill in #304 was especially genuine. I don't really think that:

A. Hop spends so much time ranting about this if he's rolled scum and really doesn't have to worry about this as much.
B. Hop lies and uses this event as scum to AtE and try to gain a distinct advantage.

A lot of the rest of the reasons I like him for town are similar for my town!Dunnstral reasons. My one main worry here is that his reads in #600 are... kind bad? Like even if you exclude me from that list, there's still Dunn, Auro, and Cheeky in his scum pool that really all deserve to be town cored IMO. I also don't think Gobble or Ceph have done enough to be town cored. FF and Espeon are just straight up scummy. So ehhhhhh... This read has dropped a lot in town equity since that post.

Spoiler: IDK!
gobbledygook
- Mixed. So uh... I was lightly town reading him off his hyperactivity and reaction to pressure in the early game. But since he's completely lurked out of the game, and even admitted to strategically lurking in #344... I just really don't know anymore? My town read on him is extremely stale and I feel like gobble just kinda disappeared at the height of his pressure/wagon, which is NOT a towny look. If he has IRL issues that's fine, but I really need to see more from him soon.

BBmolla
- Mixed. Blah. I liked the entrance and subsequent vote on Dong! It was very sharp! Since then, I'm not a fan of him writing off Dong's pop-in as fence sitty in #772, not a fan of lambasting Cheeky's vote in #793, not a fan of the "I'm obv town" bravado in #800, and not a fan of the overly dramatic and fake feeling #897. In all of these posts there is just a complete lack of any attempts to engage with other players, opting instead for making large sweeping statements and hoping people will town read him through brute force? Idk. Like I liked him, but now his push on Dong has actually made me feel less like I want to lynch Dong.

Dongempire
- Mixed. I thought his pushes on Cephrir on Auro were god-awful, I really did. I mentioned this before but I also hated the timing of his vote in #228. It feels like a very slimy way to get on the Cephrir wagon ESPECIALLY because Dong had just said he wasn't voting Cephrir said because he needed to clear his mind on FF... Yet, there is no engagement or thoughts on FF in between that statement and the vote on Cephrir. Feels like a fake excuse just so he can get optimal timing. On the flip side, I actually like #758 and #763 . Fence sitty? Yes. But tonally this feels like it really could just be uncertain town. The progression of pushing Auro and Ceph to start with and now town reading them is like... very blatant and kinda ballsy for scum in his position. also don't think it's very AI, but I very appreciated the snark in #875.

Spoiler: Scum Reads!
Formerfish
- Pretty scummy! This feels very different from town!Formerfish that I've played with before. I was town pinged by him a little when we engaged cirque his wall posts and he was actually asking me some good questions. Aside from that though, his ISO is very sparse of content that's not unneeded aggression or quibbling over semantics that don't matter. Reads list in #366 also seems... I don't wanna say political, but kinda like he just threw names into different categories until it passed the eye test. I don't understand why wgeurts or Espy or even Hop was in his town list at this point. And Joan and Dong both just feel like easy names to throw in the scum pile without elaboration.

Let's talk about FF's aggression this game, which is actually a lot less aggressive than town!FF! Or at the very least, it's directed differently. In #842 and #847 FF's questioning is:

A. not really useful in encouraging productive AI discussion
B. Assuming the person he's talking to is town, which in both cases, he was scum reading the person he was talking to

Generally, I expect FF not to hold himself back when he thinks someone is scum, he will call them out on being scum. When he's interacting with them, he tries to push them on the reasons why he thinks this. He was sort of doing this with me much earlier in the game, which is why I was town reading him, but overall, he seems much more apt to get involved in fights about semantics and rather useless things. It feels like he's kind of trying to imitate his town self in posts like #852, but it lacks any sense of being genuine when his cases and arguments are lacking the type of logic I would expect from him.

When I ask him about his progression on Auro, he responds with this:
In post 854, Formerfish wrote:Auro dropped lower to a scum lean because of interactions earlier. I was looking at others but had no reason to change my vote at that time. Nothing came up with the people I was scum reading and then this happened and pushed him further back down my list.
Should I be more rigid with my read?
The bolded is extremely defensive aggression that I don't think FF goes to as town. Furthermore, I don't really think this is how he responds to or interacts with a purported scum read at all.

NSG
- Lean scum. It's possible I'm so hesitant on this read because I really really really want NSG to be town this game. However, if that's the case, I really don't understand what the fuck she's doing this game. Her argument in #669 that she CAN play scum and that her game plan doesn't make too much sense as scum has some credibility. However, we're 1 day away from the deadline with the primary wagon still on her. Half the game has expressed being okay with lynching her here (I think some of the latter sentiments have been scummier than the earlier ones)... NOW is the time to show that she is town. It's really really strange because I don't see NSG, nor RC, or really that whole team being just okay with her slot dying here. This sort of leads me to believe that NSG just can't put the time in, but with half the other games in night phase that seems demonstrably untrue.

Now we're in a position where NSG is one of a few viable lynch options and only 24 hours left. Does a town!NSG let herself get into that position? It's hard for me to see that. And there are viable reasons as to why a scum!NSG would choose this strategy for the first day, such as fear of BoP.

Either way this slot intensely frustrates me and I think if town, NSG would have taken care to spend more time reassuring us that her efforts would go here eventually. Like 515 and 669 don't do enough and I feel like town!NSG should have the sense to know that?

Espeonage
- Scummy. I don't really buy Espeonage's whole "this game sucks, you all suck, and I'm sick of this" schtick. Even if some part of it is genuine, it's overblown to the point where it's a startingly large percentage of Esp's posts, which only accomplishes being a rather LAMIST sentiment. More LAMIST proclaiming in #663 with a level of analysis that reaches the highs of "lynch lurkers bad," without considering why people are suspicious of NSG in particular. I think the dichotomy of being able to compromise on most of the player list, and then also town leaning most of the player list is something that shows either a complete lack of effort or a scum player that is trying to keep their options open.

I'm trying not to let my read be tainted by my utter dislike of Espeonage's attitude, so I'm trying to be as objective as possible. But I don't really think the "lone wolf against the world" attitude is anything towny. I've correctly town read players like mbaki before for such mentalities because at least they were still trying to reach out and had actual reason to be angry. In this game, Espeonage seems to have come into the game with the express intent to be as grumpy as possible and not engage. Like nothing exactly caused this, this was how he entered the game. Anger is fine, but I don't read it as genuine given the lack of attempts to engage with anyone. It feels like Espeonage has spent more time talking about how they can't engage with anyone than even trying. This is maybe my least confident out right scum read right now, but Eddie has also backed it up so \o/

tl;dr: town core of [Auro, Cheeky, KittyMo, Dunnstral]

want to lynch in [FF, Esp, NSG]

could probably compromise on one of my mixed reads, BBmolla especially but ehhh I mostly wanna give those slots more time because I think they CAN become readable

VOTE: FF

This is what I want to kill most.
FF did this post change your read on Dann?

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”