Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: nsg

You do not get to coast through this day on reputation. That's unfair to everyone involved. Be town or die. We can solve this game without whatever magical scumhunting powers you supposedly possess.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 0, T-Bone wrote:A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
In post 1, T-Bone wrote:4. The mod will force replace any player who has not posted within 3 days (Prodded after 2 days, no response for 1 more) of his last post (not including Night). This will come at a penalty to the team.
@Mod

These 2 rules are contradictory, which one is being followed in team mafia and will NSG be replaced for failing to respond to a prod within 24 hours?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not sure if I want a replacement or I just want to kill it. I'm more offended by the whole thing than I should be.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1097, Dunnstral wrote:NSG is playing in team mafia games that are not this one.
I know. What I'm surprised at is their insistence for you to lynch NSG *now* without following the game itself, given "NSG played in other games" held true throughout; while you said it's a better D2/D3 lynch
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1103, Auro wrote:
In post 1097, Dunnstral wrote:NSG is playing in team mafia games that are not this one.
I know. What I'm surprised at is their insistence for you to lynch NSG *now* without following the game itself, given "NSG played in other games" held true throughout; while you said it's a better D2/D3 lynch
We have different thoughts because we are different people

My team isn't looking at my iso, they're giving me their thoughts

I'm told that nsg being unable to do anything in this game is her scum meta, and that she's really bad at scum
In post 669, northsidegal wrote:dann, what exactly do you think my plan is as scum here? you know that i actually CAN play scum, right? i've endgamed as scum before in white flag (i'm CultOfAthena).
I decided to take a look at this game. I see a lot of "will post later" and "catching up" in the mid to late game. At best you were following along with what everyone else was doing, I don't know what the point of linking this game was
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I just refuse to accept that this supposedly legendary town player thinks the right move is to do nothing and hope not to be night killed. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Gtfo.
Bartleby the Scrivener
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

:lol: I've just started loving this game again.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Post or perish like it's 2005 MS, bitches.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1105, Cephrir wrote:I just refuse to accept that this supposedly legendary town player thinks the right move is to do nothing and hope not to be night killed. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Gtfo.
What's confusing is: if FF and Gob are town, then why did NSG bother voting FF anyway? A townflip prolly looks worse on NSG than her continuing to not contribute.
Although she'd have to post something anyway to avoid force replacement.
Although as scum she could've chosen a different wagon entirely, taking advantage of last-day chaos. Or even Gobble, to be honest, given the relative resistance.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1104, Dunnstral wrote:We have different thoughts because we are different people

My team isn't looking at my iso, they're giving me their thoughts

I'm told that nsg being unable to do anything in this game is her scum meta, and that she's really bad at scum
Surely you would've told them your thoughts on NSG before; why would they need to look at your ISO?

What was the subject of discussions about this game a few days ago? Did they not know NSG was un-prioritizing this game?

Even then, I find it weird that with all that happened in the game especially in the last few pages, they insisted on a sudden NSG lynch *without* following the game.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1108, Auro wrote:What's confusing is: if FF and Gob are town, then why did NSG bother voting FF anyway?
A) had to post to avoid replacement and popping in with no vote this close to deadline is garbo trash
B) to make you ask this question
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I literally think that team decided to blatantly give up on this game and she only posted at all because if replaced she can't play other games anymore.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1108, Auro wrote:
In post 1105, Cephrir wrote:I just refuse to accept that this supposedly legendary town player thinks the right move is to do nothing and hope not to be night killed. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Gtfo.
What's confusing is: if FF and Gob are town, then why did NSG bother voting FF anyway? A townflip prolly looks worse on NSG than her continuing to not contribute.
Although she'd have to post something anyway to avoid force replacement.
Although as scum she could've chosen a different wagon entirely, taking advantage of last-day chaos. Or even Gobble, to be honest, given the relative resistance.
I'm thinking about this

I think FF is the most likely wagon to go through that's not NSG, despite Dunn's resistance. I reads pretty survivalistic tbh

Like there are too many people who agree on NSG but disagree on other wagons for scum!NSG to just push a random wagon. I really wish she would give reads. Anything. Because it feels really bad to lynch her if she's town and she provided no input... but at this point I don't feel too bad because if town she actively chose to deprioritize this game.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I am about to exist but I see posts on this page that in my opinion seem to skirt the ongoing game rule from certain people and so this is just a friendly reminder to be careful.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

My team has not been helping me with my game before this point. Which is fair, since I am fine on my own and this game is significantly shorter than the other game
In post 1109, Auro wrote:Even then, I find it weird that with all that happened in the game especially in the last few pages, they insisted on a sudden NSG lynch *without* following the game.
OK. Full context so you can understand me: I told them my reads, they told me I needed to case Gobble or vote NSG since there is only 2 days left if I don't want Formerfish to be lynched - this is them trusting my reads, not their own reads. But they also told me that NSG is playing in other games and so she is scum in this game, and I agreed with that, then they basically said "so vote her"

And while this was happening, I was instead trying to case Formerfish as town, and then I finally decided I'd need to vote NSG to save him
Cephrir wrote:I literally think that team decided to blatantly give up on this game and she only posted at all because if replaced she can't play other games anymore.
If she was replaced, their team would have received a tiebreaker penalty, which I pointed out in the thread
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: NSG
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1113, KittyMo wrote:
I am about to exist but I see posts on this page that in my opinion seem to skirt the ongoing game rule from certain people and so this is just a friendly reminder to be careful.
Are you talking to me? Because I don't think I said anything that skirts the rules
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 515, northsidegal wrote:i apologize if this is frustrating, but my team unanimously agrees that it's best for me to spend my time elsewhere. if i don't get nightkilled this game will be my first priority tomorrow.
KittyMo, this is from this game.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1111, Cephrir wrote:I literally think that team decided to blatantly give up on this game and she only posted at all because if replaced she can't play other games anymore.
Why they'd give up is also baffling, as NSG isn't incompetent as scum, and RC could easily coach her. But if she has bad teammates, perhaps they would indeed write it off...
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by Dannflor »

gobble has very high partner equity with NSG btw
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1100, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: nsg

You do not get to coast through this day on reputation. That's unfair to everyone involved. Be town or die. We can solve this game without whatever magical scumhunting powers you supposedly possess.
i'm slightly distressed that the idea that i'm attempting to leverage my "reputation" or "bank on being paragon" is a thing. i've never once brought it up and never would, because i don't think of myself that way. i'm very sorry if that's the image of me that you've gotten, as someone who thinks herself better than others. please trust me when i say that's not the case.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 1117, Auro wrote:
In post 515, northsidegal wrote:i apologize if this is frustrating, but my team unanimously agrees that it's best for me to spend my time elsewhere. if i don't get nightkilled this game will be my first priority tomorrow.
KittyMo, this is from this game.
Right, I'm just suggesting being careful about wording and making sure it's clear that that post and other posts of hers are exactly what we are talking about.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

NSG, why not vote Gobble?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 1120, northsidegal wrote:

i'm slightly distressed that the idea that i'm attempting to leverage my "reputation" or "bank on being paragon" is a thing. i've never once brought it up and never would, because i don't think of myself that way. i'm very sorry if that's the image of me that you've gotten, as someone who thinks herself better than others. please trust me when i say that's not the case.
In post 515, northsidegal wrote:i apologize if this is frustrating, but my team unanimously agrees that it's best for me to spend my time elsewhere.
if i don't get nightkilled this game will be my first priority tomorrow.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1120, northsidegal wrote:

a large part of your reasoning for not getting involved in this game D1 has been so you can commit D2 and avoid the NK

which kinda seems like you're assuming your reputation will lend you to being a NK without you doing a thing D1

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”