Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1881, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1550, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1547, Dannflor wrote:My kill pool is:

[Esp, Dong, Hopkirk]
This is exactly my kill pool right now
I think Dong is low hanging fruit, his play has been sporadic but I have an idea why and its NAI.

Espy went through a lot of trouble yesterday to explain why I need to die regardless and I think thats a pretty easy position for scum to take on me because it ensures at least 1 mislynch.

Hoppy id have to go back and look at because other then the recent quoted post where he linked me to 2 people but didnt mention the people hard defending NSG as being suspect is a little uhh... spotty logic at best and shade trying to set up 3 mislynches in myself, Gob and Dunn.
How do you know Gob and Dunn are town to the point you call Espe out on trying to mislynch them?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1910, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1889, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1614, BBmolla wrote:I can't even understand why you're mad unless you're scum, I feel great about how
we
punished NSG's shitty play

I feel like you sat on me until it was clear I wasnt going down. Werent you defending NSG early, and most, of day 1?
I’m on phone so not gonna find it but literally I was like “fuck letting nsg lurk punish that”
You did, sorta, but then you didnt do shit about that threat until the wagon on me stalled, switched to you and then you voted NSG as a counter to your new wagon. I could see how since she was already taking heat before you and you switching to her would take most of the heat off yourself. Especially after you back burnered her for about 1400 posts.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1951, CheekyTeeky wrote:How do you know Gob and Dunn are town to the point you call Espe out on trying to mislynch them?
The same way that anyone with a town read calls a lynch on that townread a mislynch.

I am tring both of those slots from day 1 play and nothing ive read so far today has changed that read.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1919, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1917, Formerfish wrote:Thats 1000 posts ago, you still feel the same about everyone?
I've shifted you up and shifted BB molla up and made a few other adjustments but that's not the point.

The point is your attacking me for not taking stances when that's demonstrably not true?
Bro, i forgot about a post from a while ago. You know how much I smoke and I get it youre a little pissy that I didnt remember that and thats valid. If you want me to take Eddies advice, dont poke me more.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1954, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1919, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1917, Formerfish wrote:Thats 1000 posts ago, you still feel the same about everyone?
I've shifted you up and shifted BB molla up and made a few other adjustments but that's not the point.

The point is your attacking me for not taking stances when that's demonstrably not true?
Bro, i forgot about a post from a while ago. You know how much I smoke and I get it youre a little pissy that I didnt remember that and thats valid. If you want me to take Eddies advice, dont poke me more.
Yeah I was frustrated because I felt like you were conf biasing and not looking at my slot objectively

I apologize for being rather whiny last page
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1926, Dannflor wrote:Dunn and Cheeky*
Sorry, Dong had just voted Cheeky and I thought you were referencing that.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1944, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1943, Formerfish wrote:What have I been wrong about so far that I need to prove to you how towny I am?
Eddie thinks you are pretty strong town.

I have you close to that as well.

I think you have bad tunnel on me at the moment but I am not scum reading you.
Is it really a tunnel though if im opening readin other slots and not even voting you right now? Like I think at some point you are more worried about your perception to me than anything else.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Formerfish »

My lynch pool today in Dong/Espy/BB
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Are you for real
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It does feel like a tunnel if you're misrepresenting me / framing my slot in a way that I don't really think matches up with my play this game

that's specifically what I was frustrated about and why I wanted to engage you because I was town reading you after the nsg flip
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1957, Formerfish wrote:Like I think at some point you are more worried about your perception to me than anything else.
regarding this

part of both mine and eddie's (and Ank tbh, although she's had no say in this) play style as town is forcing town cohesion, which is why for example we were telling Cheeky and Dunn to stop arguing. I'm relatively confident it's TvT and it just clogs the thread, helping scum win con. If a town read of mine is wrong on me, I'm gonna try to engage with them on it. In particular, eddie wanted to address you specifically because you said I was scummier than Esp, and eddie strongly believes Esp has been open wolfing and is far and away the scummiest slot in the game.

I wanted to address you specifically because I thought your read on me was very off for reasons I've already explained

Also if you swap BB to Hop you have our exact lynch pool. nice.

I would suggest voting Esp but I think that's already been made clear so take your time getting back into the game.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1897, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1662, CheekyTeeky wrote:I agree that Dong is scummy but that hammer makes me hesitant.
Why is that the thing that you get held up on with Dong? A scum buddy wouldnt hammer when deadline was looming?
If you take into account Dong's wagon switches and posts before the hammer I think it makes it a little foggier than you're making it out to be.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1899, Dannflor wrote:That doesn't follow.

NSG was likely dying anyway. If you're in "weak standing" you still bus for whatever town cred you can muster. I don't think a "weaker standing" team takes the stance of never bussing. Both Eddie and Tom are currently losing their minds in the chat about this logic and how little sense this makes. It's literally just Espeonage trying to justify killing towny people because they're better lynches for him. Tom is surprised he's not dead yet.
The logic makes sense following the assumption that the bus was orchestrated pre-game. RC was very likely to have nsg map out the skill levels of her buddies before everyone agreed with the strat of lurking until nsg was bussed. RC would not have had nsg bussed if her partners were too weak to carry the game. Unfortunately gobbles is a newer player with a strong town game and Dong is scummy in general so neither of those work with the strat likely in play here. I'm not saying that makes these players locktown just that they're less likely than say Hop/Ceph/FF.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1908, Dannflor wrote:yes

painstakingly paraphrased
I feel your pain.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1911, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1908, Dannflor wrote:yes

painstakingly paraphrased
Can you point to a post of your own where you show half as much conviction in anything youre saying?

That post reads like your TM mates realized that youre a sinking ship that needs its ballast adjusted quickly and the best way they figured to do that was to let one of them try to rehab your slot by putting out a reads list. This way they could workshop it in the tm pt and scum pt over night and would look like you finally sacked up and picked sides on people instead of going where the wind blows.

The post feels more fabricated than softener.
I think that's your towniest post all game. Xx.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

hmmm

I have not really considered the bus being orchestrated pre-game

Kind of unsure that it reads like a planned thing?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I don't think RC ever lets nsg just wing this game as scum tbh.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Like it's a mistake to think nsg's play here isn't intentional, that team will be one of the most competitive here.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

So the question is: who ate all the towncred?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by Auro »

Or, on the other hand, they wrote off the game due to inexperienced/easy-to-catch scum players and decided NSG could help in towngames instead.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I don't see that as a possibility as I don't believe they'd be such bad sports, it's extremely unlikely they wrote this game off unless they were losing all their games and are bad people. I'd like to thing noone would be like "oh my scumteam sucks I'm not even going to try" in team mafia.

I think everyone knew there was going to be a bus it was just a matter of when.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Pops had a scumgame with RC where he decided pregame who he was going to take to endgame and bus based on skillset as scum. This idea is grounded in meta as well as logic.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

RC’s attitude leading up to the event lead me to believe he would not be try-harding to the extent of micromanaging all his team’s games. I feel like the flips in other games support that.

Regardless, I don’t really believe it’s all that likely I’m wrong on two of my town reads.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1959, BBmolla wrote:Are you for real
About which part? Probably?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”