Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

You did it. You graduated in using the. Spoiler tag.

Use it wisely if you have to quote 5 or more things. Just put the first part at the beginning before the quotes and the second one after them.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

@NaCl (and @SS maybe?)
Spoiler: Not game solving related advice
I just want to post this because it could have been a pretty significant difference. Purely as advice for future games. Just the full explanation to what Hectic and I previously said.

Doing a gambit like that is fine. 1 scum alive, open setup, there is close to 0 risk. The worst case is you are nightkilled, DDL is confirmed not the doc, and that's that. Same thing that would have happened without the gambit. I'd say its a good play, props to you or SS (if he's town :lol:) for thinking of it.

The problem is, the follow through. You are not supposed to put a save on DDL there unless you are close to 100% confident he is town (which I don't think you should be here, but in general). Landing a save does not earn town another kill. If nobody dies, it confirms that scum is SS or DDL. If you or I or Oka or somebody else dies, that would not have been preventable by saving DDL. If DDL dies, it removes a slot from the PoE, which is effectively another kill gifted to us by the mafia. It is a good thing for DDL to die there! We are at a PoE of 6 with him alive, and still only have 5 kills.

Now, assume you do think DDL is lock town and put a save on him, and nobody dies - what happened this game. You'll notice DDL did not start the day claiming not-doc. That's because outing there is bad. You are now in the world where you are aiming for a second save, most likely on SS but myself or Oka is also possible. The role cop is dead, so they cannot hunt the real doc. The second save buys us that 6th kill. Again, the worst case is you die, and we figure out what happened regardless of SS' alignment. The only time you out today is if you are close to being lynched. Both myself and Oka (the ICs) had said we think you are town / the last slot in the PoE, which is actually the sweet spot because you are not townie enough to get nightkilled randomly and you are not scummy enough to get lynched. DDL is obviously going to defend you as well. Nobody is going to strongman a lynch against the 3 ICs. You were not in danger of dying today. Outing does not actually have any benefit. We are actually worse off than I thought we were by a little bit, because I think independently you were townier than DDL is.

You've played a pretty good game dude, no beef. Just explaining what the mistake and follow up mistake was was so it doesn't happen in another game.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I like... kind of want to just chain lynch the PoE so people here can focus on other games. But in the sake of due diligence, we should probably establish a proper order. I think people agree on my proposed {Piss, Elsa, Bob, Hectic} being the first 4 kills, but not the order? And I am unsure who I'd kill in SS and DDL if it really went that far, so I'm hoping it doesn't.

@NaCl just sheep me on Titus town. Blame me if I'm wrong. :P
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Spoiler: some DDL posts that lean town I think
In post 1981, DrDolittle wrote:what's the probability we'd put on pops+eddie hoods having one scum?
In post 1984, DrDolittle wrote:i might be slowly warming up pops scum, but i think i need the bread to stayed in the oven a bit longer first.

rn im not convinced.
In post 2010, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 1997, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1981, DrDolittle wrote:what's the probability we'd put on pops+eddie hoods having one scum?
In post 1984, DrDolittle wrote:i might be slowly warming up pops scum, but i think i need the bread to stayed in the oven a bit longer first.

rn im not convinced.

If one of pop and eddie is town and the otehr scum. Who would you think is the most likely to eb scum and why?

And if you had to vote for one over the other who would it be
i have no idea bob. im not even sure 1 is town and 1 is scum so im polling the public. gun to my head eddie town

In post 2496, DrDolittle wrote:What do I do when I dont support any of the wagons
Could be partner dismissing us as TvT when he doesn't think I can get lynched...
In post 2498, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: unwnd
and then votes the other partner which would (soft) confirm me as town and lead to a probable Pops d2 lynch...? Heh. I think this is just town.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Like at that stage people had Krazy/Eddie as TvT and Pops/Eddie as TvS. I doubt the third partner decides to bus the slot that's widely regarded as townier.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Eddie, Oka, NaCl are ICs.
Nancy's interactions with Krazy are not SvS.
Titus is not scum.
Amrun (probably) was not hard bussing.

You need to find another town in DDL and SS to have proper auto, but honestly, I think both are town and the game will not go that far. Dunno who I'd pick in a DDL SS + Amrun/Nancy/Titus f3, but that hypothetical world would not be my decision. The more I read, the more I think it just is not going to get there.

Piss has some individual townie posts but awful associations and game positioning.
Elsa is a nonfactor.
Hectic has more highs and more lows than Piss. But more independent posts that sound town I think.
Bob... still sounds like a script rather than a player. Still dunno if I agree he should die before the above 3.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:05 am

Post by DrDolittle »

im 50% bob, 30% pisskop, 20% everyone else rn
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:12 am

Post by DrDolittle »

yeah VOTE: bob

like rn we have 11 town and 1 scum. Plus your TM partners, that's 44 town players. I don't think there's a single person that thinks bob is town. Meanwhile, I have seen floating pisskop-town reads from amrun and some other teammates

bob's play is so robotic here, and the interaction w/ pops, unwnd is honestly not great either if you'd care to take a look.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:15 am

Post by DrDolittle »

that is bob is town* by play and post and not via Pine NK
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'll be honest I think chaining those 4 people ends the game and we shouldn't overthink it.

I'm ready to end the day after Oka and NaCl are in the same place as me.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:59 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 4205, Eddie Cane wrote:Eddie, Oka, NaCl are ICs.
Nancy's interactions with Krazy are not SvS.
Titus is not scum.
Amrun (probably) was not hard bussing.

You need to find another town in DDL and SS to have proper auto, but honestly, I think both are town and the game will not go that far. Dunno who I'd pick in a DDL SS + Amrun/Nancy/Titus f3, but that hypothetical world would not be my decision. The more I read, the more I think it just is not going to get there.

Piss has some individual townie posts but awful associations and game positioning.
Elsa is a nonfactor.
Hectic has more highs and more lows than Piss. But more independent posts that sound town I think.
Bob... still sounds like a script rather than a player. Still dunno if I agree he should die before the above 3.

what is with everyone saying i sound like a robot. Im not a robot :-P
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:02 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 4207, DrDolittle wrote:yeah VOTE: bob

like rn we have 11 town and 1 scum. Plus your TM partners, that's 44 town players. I don't think there's a single person that thinks bob is town. Meanwhile, I have seen floating pisskop-town reads from amrun and some other teammates

bob's play is so robotic here, and the interaction w/ pops, unwnd is honestly not great either if you'd care to take a look.

what about my play and post makes you think im not town

how is my interaction with pops bad. How could my posts be any other way
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 3.02
pisskop (4) -
Nancy Drew 39, OkaPoka, Elsa Jay, Titus
NaCl (1) -
Hectic
bob3141 (1) -
DrDolittle

Not Voting (6) -
Eddie Cane, Something_Smart, pisskop, Amrun, NaCl, bob3141

With 12 players alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2020-02-05 00:15:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4197, Titus wrote:
In post 4192, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4169, Eddie Cane wrote:I am so happy my NaCl tr was correct. :)

I still think DDL is town on play, completely ignoring he was very likely saved.
And Titus with her ridiculously wrong VCA, was sr me for never being on NaCl wagon, oh the irony! :lol:
True. I was convinced he was scum. I think this new medication I am on may impact my VCA abilities.
That’s usually why VCA works a lot better, once you have flips. Since NaCl was never flipped. not a great basis to form AI based associatives with.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4201, Eddie Cane wrote:@NaCl (and @SS maybe?)
Spoiler: Not game solving related advice
I just want to post this because it could have been a pretty significant difference. Purely as advice for future games. Just the full explanation to what Hectic and I previously said.

Doing a gambit like that is fine. 1 scum alive, open setup, there is close to 0 risk. The worst case is you are nightkilled, DDL is confirmed not the doc, and that's that. Same thing that would have happened without the gambit. I'd say its a good play, props to you or SS (if he's town :lol:) for thinking of it.

The problem is, the follow through. You are not supposed to put a save on DDL there unless you are close to 100% confident he is town (which I don't think you should be here, but in general). Landing a save does not earn town another kill. If nobody dies, it confirms that scum is SS or DDL. If you or I or Oka or somebody else dies, that would not have been preventable by saving DDL. If DDL dies, it removes a slot from the PoE, which is effectively another kill gifted to us by the mafia. It is a good thing for DDL to die there! We are at a PoE of 6 with him alive, and still only have 5 kills.

Now, assume you do think DDL is lock town and put a save on him, and nobody dies - what happened this game. You'll notice DDL did not start the day claiming not-doc. That's because outing there is bad. You are now in the world where you are aiming for a second save, most likely on SS but myself or Oka is also possible. The role cop is dead, so they cannot hunt the real doc. The second save buys us that 6th kill. Again, the worst case is you die, and we figure out what happened regardless of SS' alignment. The only time you out today is if you are close to being lynched. Both myself and Oka (the ICs) had said we think you are town / the last slot in the PoE, which is actually the sweet spot because you are not townie enough to get nightkilled randomly and you are not scummy enough to get lynched. DDL is obviously going to defend you as well. Nobody is going to strongman a lynch against the 3 ICs. You were not in danger of dying today. Outing does not actually have any benefit. We are actually worse off than I thought we were by a little bit, because I think independently you were townier than DDL is.

You've played a pretty good game dude, no beef. Just explaining what the mistake and follow up mistake was was so it doesn't happen in another game.
I dunno, I think saving DDL was a good thing, No NKs are ever good for town and best part, it totally deflates last scum’s morale. There is nothing like your NK failing to absolutely crush scum. I was SK in Overkill 1 and when my NKs failed due to an idiotic Lightening rod, I pretty much lost all enthusiasm for that game, so I thought it was great. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2384, Krazy wrote:This is a terrible format for a game tbh
I should have realized Krazy was likely scum from this.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4215, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2384, Krazy wrote:This is a terrible format for a game tbh
I should have realized Krazy was likely scum from this.
Scum more often than not bitch about format/mechanics when the game is this townsided. But the whole “massive apology” thing threw me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4213, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4197, Titus wrote:
In post 4192, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4169, Eddie Cane wrote:I am so happy my NaCl tr was correct. :)

I still think DDL is town on play, completely ignoring he was very likely saved.
And Titus with her ridiculously wrong VCA, was sr me for never being on NaCl wagon, oh the irony! :lol:
True. I was convinced he was scum. I think this new medication I am on may impact my VCA abilities.
That’s usually why VCA works a lot better, once you have flips. Since NaCl was never flipped. not a great basis to form AI based associatives with.
I normally don't for precisely that reason but I was so sure NaCl was scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1635, Krazy wrote:
In post 1629, OkaPoka wrote:
eddie what is ur thought on pine/piss/pops as a team
Piss vs elsa?
In post 1896, Krazy wrote:what are you talking about, pisskop just obvtowned
I thought it was just unwind but Krazy was also pushing Elsa > Piss.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

that was a shitpost nancy

post 1896

but it is true that krazy was tring piss a lot
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4219, OkaPoka wrote:that was a shitpost nancy

post 1896

Well 1635 is more telling because he just opportunistically threw Elsa’s name in there when Eddie hadn’t even mentioned her. I can’t imagine scum!Krazy pivots to Elsa to save Piss if they are SvT.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4220, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4219, OkaPoka wrote:that was a shitpost nancy

post 1896

Well 1635 is more telling because he just opportunistically threw Elsa’s name in there when Oka hadn’t even mentioned her. I can’t imagine scum!Krazy pivots to Elsa to save Piss if they are SvT.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 2187, Elsa Jay wrote:How the hell do I not got a single vote? Why are we back on Pops? Who the fuck is Eddie?

I have so many questions.
In post 2392, Elsa Jay wrote:VOTE: Eddie

Eh. From what I've read, I don't like Eddie much. So I'll recontribute again day 2 but for now I'm okay with your lynch.

I still think this series of posts, in context, looks terrible.

LOL at the gambit, pretty clutch clear there.

DDL will never be voted by me anyways.

VOTE: elsa

I’m kinda disinterested in this game lately cuz it’s on lock.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

If you want to lynch me they already agreed they're lynching me after Pisskop, so vote Pisskop to end today faster and so you can get your wish.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 4222, Amrun wrote:I’m kinda disinterested in this game lately cuz it’s on lock.
Lul, same. I'm happy to sheep Eddie and lynch his 4 proposals tbh. Thought about reISOing Titus/SS just in case but eh, I'll take the carry.

If after me, Pissy, Elsa, and Bob are dead, and the game isn't over, my guess would be SS. DDL's thoughts EoD yesterday when we all thought he was doc that was gonna die felt really townie.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”