Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

don't think the rage is fake

if you wanna argue that the discrediting is more likely to come scum along with other stuff he's done then sure argue it, my point is that a coherent and preferably concise but at least relatively readable case against kuribo is going to be a lot more likely to actually get you what you seem to want then throwing out solves and waiting for people to care about them.

and on a completely unrelated note wtf is happening with the forum links
Board Index › Queue › Completed Open Games › Mafia Games › The Road to Rome › Completed Newbie Games › Completed Mini Normal Games › Completed Mini Theme Games › Completed Large Theme Games › Completed Marathon Games › Completed Blitz Games › Team Mafia 2020 › Completed Signups › Blitz Games Trial (Closed) › Team Mafia 2020
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

Gamma what are you saying this now instead of like

Any other time today
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Gammagooey »

because I didn't want to play the game over the weekend, most of my play this day was and really still is focused on getting nom lynched if that's at all possible, I do not have infinite time to comment on everything, and because you wanting kuribo dead over nom looks like it happened Sunday/Monday but you've had literally 80 more posts since then bouncing around between other ideas and talking about other shit that is sometimes related to wanting kuribo dead and sometimes tangentially related and sometimes not at all.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Gammagooey »

and to be clear

I don't want to kuribo to be the lynch today

but if you want it and you're that convinced of him being scum, you pretty clearly need to actually convince the people who are town of it too, and I think that actually focusing on who specifically you want lynched instead of constantly reacting to everything going on is a)more likely to do that and b)gives people a way to say why they disagree with you and your points without it being lost in an ocean of other posts
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Spoiler: Almost50 posts about nom
In post 2879, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2871, Volpe14 wrote:I don't think nomnom/volxen is SvS therefore if volxen is ever the scum slot in that duality, I don't want to get it wrong because I feel like today lynch is going to determine a lot of what happens in day 3. I want the replacement to actually play the game. Replace him with someone that can be minimally active at least, we've enough low posters in this large game.
I like your talk more than your action!! If you truly believe in what you say above, then why the hell are you voting nomnom already? Has the replacement for Colxen even been introduced yet, let alone post?? Have you decided that when they do step in they're going to be townie enough for you to decide nom is the scum of the two? I don't get the vote AND the talk in the very same post!!
In post 3296, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3215, Flavor Leaf wrote:Nomnom or FB should be the lynch today.
In post 3216, Flavor Leaf wrote:If not either of them, let’s go Chennis.
FL, are you scum? I mean, if you are I white flag. I know I won't be able to lynch you.

If you're Town though, tell me how chenn looks worse than Ank here. Also tell me what the fuck was nom thinking killing Volpe of all people, and especially so when he had said to lynch her next if he died in the PT they both sharem which FB has just reported?

I mean, judging by THIS GAME I could see GIF/FB as a scum slot, but the NSG flip makes it a bit less likely. I mean, how likely is it for a team to roll 2 scum roles anyway? What's the probability?
In post 4516, Almost50 wrote:
In post 4471, Gammagooey wrote:Hey almost, you're townreading nom right? I skimmed your iso a bit and saw it seemed like it was mostly from the volpe nightkill - can you explain that for me or if you've got other reasons for it lay that out for me? I'd agree that volpe isn't likely what nom-scum would want if you ignored the rest of a scumteam existing, but he was also one of the more highly townread people in the game at the time too.
Well, by tone.. by stances.. by her anger.. I mean, everything points to her being town here. I even searched her previous games and linked a scum game in our PT, and asked Ank to show me what similarities she sees in nom's play here to that game, and I don't think I got an answer from Ank.

Game I linked

Can someone please show me similarities to nom's play in that game and her play in this game?
So I put some in a spoiler, but these are generally why you're townreading nom, right Almost?

Here's another scum game she played within the same month of that where I think she shows genuine irritation as scum (a lot of minor irritation stuff on the 2nd page of her iso, and this earlier in the game viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80157&user_select%5 ... &start=200
In post 874, nomnomnom wrote:GUYS STOP FUCKING ASKING ME TRIVIAL QUESTIONS FUCK YOU ALL
I DONT WANNA DISCUSS ABOUT THIS GAME JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
by the way here's a trivia check about illiteracy
There's also one of her more recent town games here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=81123 where she got lynched earlier but didn't go completely berserk over it. I read over a good chunk of her iso there around when I changed my read on her day 3 (of this game) so I don't have a perfect recollection of it now, but it looks like she was wrong about the d1 mafia flip but seemed genuinely helpful and tried a lot harder there than she has been for most of the game here.

I don't think it's hard to change up scum play from game to game - I don't mind if you don't go DEEP into the town game I linked b/c frankly I think meta is mostly garbage anyway, but if you could at least skim over her iso there and tell me if that's what you expected nom-town play to look like (and if you still think nom is town here given that, why you think those match up) I'd appreciate it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

I've noticed over time that the only time I get results by casing is by towncasing or just shutting down wagons

I've even towncased nom in this game and nobody really cared, I'm not really interested in spending another afternoon writing a wall of text nobody will read anyways when I can just work the playerlist instead and force the rest to change their views
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:12 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Can we lynch FB now
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:15 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 6530, Gammagooey wrote:
Spoiler: Almost50 posts about nom
In post 2879, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2871, Volpe14 wrote:I don't think nomnom/volxen is SvS therefore if volxen is ever the scum slot in that duality, I don't want to get it wrong because I feel like today lynch is going to determine a lot of what happens in day 3. I want the replacement to actually play the game. Replace him with someone that can be minimally active at least, we've enough low posters in this large game.
I like your talk more than your action!! If you truly believe in what you say above, then why the hell are you voting nomnom already? Has the replacement for Colxen even been introduced yet, let alone post?? Have you decided that when they do step in they're going to be townie enough for you to decide nom is the scum of the two? I don't get the vote AND the talk in the very same post!!
In post 3296, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3215, Flavor Leaf wrote:Nomnom or FB should be the lynch today.
In post 3216, Flavor Leaf wrote:If not either of them, let’s go Chennis.
FL, are you scum? I mean, if you are I white flag. I know I won't be able to lynch you.

If you're Town though, tell me how chenn looks worse than Ank here. Also tell me what the fuck was nom thinking killing Volpe of all people, and especially so when he had said to lynch her next if he died in the PT they both sharem which FB has just reported?

I mean, judging by THIS GAME I could see GIF/FB as a scum slot, but the NSG flip makes it a bit less likely. I mean, how likely is it for a team to roll 2 scum roles anyway? What's the probability?
In post 4516, Almost50 wrote:
In post 4471, Gammagooey wrote:Hey almost, you're townreading nom right? I skimmed your iso a bit and saw it seemed like it was mostly from the volpe nightkill - can you explain that for me or if you've got other reasons for it lay that out for me? I'd agree that volpe isn't likely what nom-scum would want if you ignored the rest of a scumteam existing, but he was also one of the more highly townread people in the game at the time too.
Well, by tone.. by stances.. by her anger.. I mean, everything points to her being town here. I even searched her previous games and linked a scum game in our PT, and asked Ank to show me what similarities she sees in nom's play here to that game, and I don't think I got an answer from Ank.

Game I linked

Can someone please show me similarities to nom's play in that game and her play in this game?
So I put some in a spoiler, but these are generally why you're townreading nom, right Almost?

Here's another scum game she played within the same month of that where I think she shows genuine irritation as scum (a lot of minor irritation stuff on the 2nd page of her iso, and this earlier in the game viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80157&user_select%5 ... &start=200
In post 874, nomnomnom wrote:GUYS STOP FUCKING ASKING ME TRIVIAL QUESTIONS FUCK YOU ALL
I DONT WANNA DISCUSS ABOUT THIS GAME JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
by the way here's a trivia check about illiteracy
There's also one of her more recent town games here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=81123 where she got lynched earlier but didn't go completely berserk over it. I read over a good chunk of her iso there around when I changed my read on her day 3 (of this game) so I don't have a perfect recollection of it now, but it looks like she was wrong about the d1 mafia flip but seemed genuinely helpful and tried a lot harder there than she has been for most of the game here.

I don't think it's hard to change up scum play from game to game - I don't mind if you don't go DEEP into the town game I linked b/c frankly I think meta is mostly garbage anyway, but if you could at least skim over her iso there and tell me if that's what you expected nom-town play to look like (and if you still think nom is town here given that, why you think those match up) I'd appreciate it.
"I tried doing some meta and my reasoning is that nom MAYBE CHANGED HER PLAYSTYLE FROM THOSE GAMES"?
Also comparing 2 of my games isn't good enough to get a grip of my town and scumgame and people should realize already that my mental state is irrelevant to what role PM I have
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

nomnomnom wrote:
In post 6530, Gammagooey wrote:words
"I tried doing some meta and my reasoning is that nom MAYBE CHANGED HER PLAYSTYLE FROM THOSE GAMES"?
Also comparing 2 of my games isn't good enough to get a grip of my town and scumgame and people should realize already that my mental state is irrelevant to what role PM I have
if you add (specifically from her first scum game that Almost was talking about to the 2nd scum game I linked) to that first sentence then yeah pretty much

thanks for the summary nom
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:41 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Honestly people are getting stuck at very small things in my games I don't even know why

unrelated but DEB isn't talking

I think I'm no longer comfortable with an Ank lynch and I want FB. Maybe somewhere else.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Firebringer »

this game is gonna get very inactive as people can't even find this forum.

lol

also ank not answer my question smh
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

I haven't figured it out yet FB

I don't want to make any more pushes until I'm reasonably confident it will actually get traction
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

did u give dann my message?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

I just @ him so you good
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 6535, nomnomnom wrote: unrelated but DEB isn't talking
I’m V/LA Today, but I had a bit of time before my next class to come here and see what’s up. I just see arguing that doesn’t really pertain to me. My mind hasn’t changed. You are still Condemned to the Gallows.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:35 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm camping from tomorrow around 16oo UTC-7 through Sunday about the same time. I should have cell access but heavy distractions.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 6503, davesaz wrote:
In post 6492, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 6490, davesaz wrote:
In post 6486, EspressoPatronum wrote:Surely you decided on Ank over nom (or any other wagon contender) for a reason.
Nom lynch is bad mechanically, there are better ways / times of handling that slot if scum.
personally I'd prefer to ignore mechanical arguments against lynching scum, since lynching scum outweighs every other mechanical benefit available from not lynching scum

but you do you
Nope, you're completely wrong.
Lynching scum with a venge allows that scum to kill a townie
who could otherwise be protected
For the scum with a venge, the timing is critical.
If you have a bullet available (Hello A50) then you don't lynch the scum with a venge at all.
Mechanics totally matters, and trying to brush it off is one of the reasons I can't put you in the top tier.
oh no the precious top tier whatever will i do without it

i know ignore a scum-given incentive to not lynch scum when I'm not confident in another player being scum to risk lynching them aside from you

town doesn't win by precisely killing every scum player on the perfect optimal day & way to do it

town just wins by lynching all the damn scum
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:03 am

Post by MariaR »

Alright, I promised to play so here I am. My feelings in regards to the Ank catch up are pretty simple. I don't fully agree with her list, that much is obvious. But I want to lynch her cause if she's town that's probably what'll make me look at it. Parts of those reads just don't sit well with me and I don't think I'll get.
Lynch FL? Perfect Lynch nom at the end? Reasonable but I wouldn't lynch nom. Lynch Kuri? Uhhhhhh Lynch the other dave was it? Maybe.

I just need someone to spell it out for me. (Hi Gamma please spell it out for me)
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Explain lynching dave? I can do that sometime tonight if ya want

you never answered this btw
In post 6475, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 5369, MariaR wrote:
In post 5352, Gammagooey wrote:but Again, I'm pretty confident that the one thing scum don't do in this situation is give nom-town a free shot that doesn't even let scum lynch fewer people to win
because even yesterday nom was willing to lynch basically anyone aside from herself, including encouraging a 1v1 between two of her town reads, and assuming that scum are actively sabotaging their chances of winning by giving town free vig shots instead of playing intelligently seems impossibly naive.
I will admit, this had given me pause before. Because it does seem odd and somewhat stupid to give this line of reasoning. However, it isn't possible with the way this game has gone. Plus, I don't think nom herself takes the line she does as scum here.
Hey Maria, you said this a while back - can you explain what you meant with nom's 'line' here?
and is there any reason why you aren't caring about Deas's opinion on nom now that he's lynched while you say that you'll give Ank's reads more credence if she flips town?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:44 am

Post by MariaR »

The line being basically giving up and holding there cards close like Nom was doing. It wasn't doing her any favors and was the correct town play. I didn't see why nom would do that as scum though when it just gives her more reason to die.
About Deas, honestly it just never crossed my mind to look back at his reasons for lynching nom whereas Ank is alive. I suppose I can go look yeah
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 6545, MariaR wrote:The line being basically giving up and holding there cards close like Nom was doing. It wasn't doing her any favors and was the correct town play. I didn't see why nom would do that as scum though when it just gives her more reason to die.
I disagree about it being the right town play but that's not worth getting into

Shutting the hell up about your reads as scum if you think you're going to get lynched anyway is usually just good play to prevent people from getting any decent associative tells from you on your way out
Like I don't shut up completely but I make sure to not post anything remotely helpful to solving the game if I've done something as scum that should condemn me to death given a remotely competent playerlist: viewtopic.php?p=10462691#p10462691
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #6547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:14 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 6546, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 6545, MariaR wrote:The line being basically giving up and holding there cards close like Nom was doing. It wasn't doing her any favors and was the correct town play. I didn't see why nom would do that as scum though when it just gives her more reason to die.
I disagree about it being the right town play but that's not worth getting into

Shutting the hell up about your reads as scum if you think you're going to get lynched anyway is usually just good play to prevent people from getting any decent associative tells from you on your way out
Like I don't shut up completely but I make sure to not post anything remotely helpful to solving the game if I've done something as scum that should condemn me to death given a remotely competent playerlist: viewtopic.php?p=10462691#p10462691
Let's assume nom is scum for a moment. They probably assumed nom was going down that day or soon because they gave her the vengeful yeah? I think that's a logical assumption. I think as scum building anti associative tells is the best thing to do. The reason why there's this 'fact' going around that town lose more if we have day 1 scum lynches can be put in the same thing here. If scum are going down you dam sure know the other scum are gonna prepare for that said scum to go down. I don't think a few extra associatives would've done scum nom much of a dif when they've had that much time to build on it. idk *shrug* that's my viewpoint on it.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Let’s lynch Panth
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf