he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 633, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 632, the worst wrote:
UltimatePlank has requested replacement.
Well hopefully this'll make the game more readable.

I'm not gonna slap a read on either Mena or UP for their interactions on recent pages but it's probably not s/s unless it's some really well planned theater, but the replace-out disproves this.

Actually yeah definitely not s/s
Why don’t you wanna use it to inform your read? Like I get not wanting to overly rely on AtE or anything along those lines but this just seems like you’re looking for an excuse to avoid participating or having to give an analysis which is AI for both of us
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 635, Pine wrote:This game is a thing. I am semi-VLA right now. Go on with D1, I'll catch up.
This is Pine’s only post?

I know you’re VLA but like you need to do more than this

You also used a legitimate VLA to avoid contributing in our first ever scumgame together, so I want at least some skimming of content even if it’s just skimming ISOs
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 637, bji wrote:UNVOTE: UltimatePlank

I'm very glad to see UltimatePlank go.

The entire fight between UP and Menalque was very hard to read and very, very anti-town. It is about what I expected to happen eventually which is why I did not want to play with UP. I am glad that we got this out of the way early in the game though. But to be clear, this is not praise for Menalque for making it happen. Pages of his bile-filled comments are bad for the game and bad for town.

Unfortunately, just reading all of that and taking notes took up almost all of the limited time I had for mafia today. I apologize and will try to find more time to post tomorrow.
I don’t love this. You say it’s anti-town and I can see where you’re coming from in terms of it making the thread unpleasant and making people less likely to play. But you’re putting excessive emphasis on that by saying “very, very anti-town” when by the end we were cooperating even if we didn’t like each other, and I think it produced a lot of AI content from both of us.

Also why are you trying to single me out here? That was a two-way street and we both said unpleasant things. Also don’t like that this is basically void of any analysis of why that was “anti-town” and I want you to touch on my points here about the production of AI content when you come back.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 639, Iconeum wrote:mena/GL/emps all town
In post 640, Iconeum wrote:datisi not giving me any reason to scumread her
Is there a distinction in your feelings on datisi vs on me/GL/emps?

What do you think of my points on plank!slot town?

Also, what about ceejay did you think was buddying?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 641, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: wilky
Also, why did you vote wilky here?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay my phone is at 2% battery rn so I’m gonna finish later
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay that series of posts makes me feel better about Menalque!

I'm definitely not as high on town!emps as others seem to be - maybe I'm paranoid/tunnely but it feels like he started spamming a bunch of stuff after IMO a pretty devastating point on bugspray from me, and the points he gave for townreading bugs just aren't good. plus I feel like town should be overall more interested in taking a hard stance for or against the wagon given it's at L-2.

this sequence:
In post 792, emps wrote:bugsprays just doing his own thing and idk how u sr that so
In post 803, emps wrote:ok time to read iso
In post 804, emps wrote:uhhh i actually kinda tl him?
and the timestamps indicates he

1) had a read on bugspray already and tried to soft push against the wagon
2) suggested he could be opening to reconsidering but then
3) literally 2 minutes after stating he's going to read the ISO, doubles down again on a read he already had?

doesn't feel like he spent any time genuinely considering bugspray. I know emps is a memer and more free-flowing as town and so there's an idea that scum!emps wouldn't be able to replicate his shitposting here naturally, but I don't think I've actually seen him engage with anything at a substantial level yet. Whereas in the game I
just
played with emps (Medical Mafia, which Datisi modded), he felt like he was taking stances and pushing things to a far greater degree than he has here so far.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:19 am

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 875, Menalque wrote:
In post 633, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 632, the worst wrote:
UltimatePlank has requested replacement.
Well hopefully this'll make the game more readable.

I'm not gonna slap a read on either Mena or UP for their interactions on recent pages but it's probably not s/s unless it's some really well planned theater, but the replace-out disproves this.

Actually yeah definitely not s/s
Why don’t you wanna use it to inform your read? Like I get not wanting to overly rely on AtE or anything along those lines but this just seems like you’re looking for an excuse to avoid participating or having to give an analysis which is AI for both of us
I'll probably trudge through it at some point, but I usually have a hard time differentiating alignments from those kinds of arguments, which is why I don't usually factor toxicity into my reads.

Like Plank didn't have much that I remembered other than that so he's null for me right now (hopefully Tchill can fix that for me), but you I do townread your slot independent of that.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Pine »

In post 876, Menalque wrote:
In post 635, Pine wrote:This game is a thing. I am semi-VLA right now. Go on with D1, I'll catch up.
This is Pine’s only post?

I know you’re VLA but like you need to do more than this

You also used a legitimate VLA to avoid contributing in our first ever scumgame together, so I want at least some skimming of content even if it’s just skimming ISOs
no u
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Datisi »

Ah, so Pine is reading?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:24 am

Post by bob3141 »

Datsi what do you think of the players voting along side you with bug. Also how do you think there reasoning for the vote?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:25 am

Post by bob3141 »

Also what do you think of their reasoning for their own vote?

corrected last bit
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Pine »

In post 884, Datisi wrote:Ah, so Pine is reading?
Not really.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 855, the worst wrote:bugspray (5): Iconeum, GuiltyLion, bji, Datisi, AaronFrost
I TR GL and Ico, Aaron too to a lesser degree, still digesting bji

GL's vote is gucci, frankly i don't remember the other three's votes (i can check later) but i remember liking ico's and Aaron's at the time

Bji's i remember thinking is weird but i can't recall why rn I'd have to check
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 887, Pine wrote:
In post 884, Datisi wrote:Ah, so Pine is reading?
Not really.
Even better.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 867, Menalque wrote:Also this feels like very very similar to my readslist

Idk how I feel about that actually
In post 868, Menalque wrote:Like I should feel good I think, but have our reads normally been that similar when we’ve been town together in the past? Like I feel there’s generally more differential and I do think that you would try to pocket me as scum, especially if you could get me to TR you first
We only have one T/T game - i think our reads were p similar in autumnal except for Icon

tho i don't remember to what extent was i sheeping you in autumnal
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 872, Menalque wrote:Okay, explain why this is enough for bob to go into top town

Why do you feel that mindmeld was so strongly town!indicative
there was an updated list later too

at the time he posted something i was myself thnking and for early game it was enough to shoot him there as a starting point
~M
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:35 am

Post by wilky »

Sorry guys been real busy today, will catch up tomorrow and should be available for a large part of the weekend
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:35 am

Post by bji »

In post 838, Datisi wrote:I want to be productive in this game
hmm
bji, you ever explained why Ico is your strongest TR?
Iconeum versus UP I evaluated as TvT. So that's town points.

Also Iconeum in my re-read seemed to be reaching out in different directions in a very genuine way, asking timely and relevant questions. That's more town points.

I am not good at reading players in real time, except for my last game where scum made a fatal mistake in LYLO and I spotted it. I tend to be much more useful looking back in time at the game and finding small oddities in player interactions. And this doesn't usually work unless there are flips to provide known info. So my day 1 is usually my absolute worst performance. I get better over time and never lose in LYLO. Literally never. (small sample size though - 4 games)

So the differences between players in my reads list is ever so small. It's just dust at this point.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:54 am

Post by bji »

In post 877, Menalque wrote:
In post 637, bji wrote:UNVOTE: UltimatePlank

I'm very glad to see UltimatePlank go.

The entire fight between UP and Menalque was very hard to read and very, very anti-town. It is about what I expected to happen eventually which is why I did not want to play with UP. I am glad that we got this out of the way early in the game though. But to be clear, this is not praise for Menalque for making it happen. Pages of his bile-filled comments are bad for the game and bad for town.

Unfortunately, just reading all of that and taking notes took up almost all of the limited time I had for mafia today. I apologize and will try to find more time to post tomorrow.
I don’t love this. You say it’s anti-town and I can see where you’re coming from in terms of it making the thread unpleasant and making people less likely to play. But you’re putting excessive emphasis on that by saying “very, very anti-town” when by the end we were cooperating even if we didn’t like each other, and I think it produced a lot of AI content from both of us.

Also why are you trying to single me out here? That was a two-way street and we both said unpleasant things. Also don’t like that this is basically void of any analysis of why that was “anti-town” and I want you to touch on my points here about the production of AI content when you come back.
UP was pathological. I put my vote on him because I could see bad stuff coming. I wouldn't have actually lynched him today just for that reason, at least not without alot more thought about whether it was the right thing to do. My vote was for emphasis.

While I appreciate that you engaged him and didn't let his behavior go unchallenged, I do not like the fact that it was accomplished by crapping up the thread for pages. That is like I said anti-town and it wasn't necessary. It made my re-read significantly harder/less pleasant, and that is anti-town.

So when I said "But to be clear, this is not praise for Menalque for making it happen.", it's just because I didn't want you to come away feeling like a hero for engaging UP like that.

I did post more after the post you are referring, so I don't know what you mean by "I want you to touch on my points here about the production of AI content when you come back.".
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I have 36 pages to catch up on. Any suggestions on where to start and whats worth my time?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 863, Iconeum wrote:
In post 860, Datisi wrote:ooooooh

hi tchill :D
also this
Hello :) posting from mobile. Will be able to sit down and take what I need to in tomorrow night. Coming off a 2 to 3 month hiatus. I'm excited.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Looker »

VOTE: bugspray L-1

{bugspray | wilky | GuiltyLion/bji |
UltimatePlank
Tchill | Datisi}

If wilky is sheeping Datisi's logic, does this mean that he'll be willing to hammer bugspray?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Datisi »

UNVOTE: bugspray

consider my vote still on bugspray in spirit, but I (1) want to see tchill's thoughts on the game first (2) want Looker to finally answer me about their GL scumread (3) want emps to acknowledge the post GL made about bugs and (4) want bugs to produce any bit of actual content
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Datisi »

oh yeah, (5) pine has to do more than prodge
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”