Micro 922: Strawberry Mafia (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Compath »

In post 355, clidd wrote:What I saw in your interaction with Ame was a possible approach to a death tunnel, which did not materialize due to external interaction. Evidently, considering that you're scum. In the town!Ico scenario, I believe that post 27 would become an assimilation with an individual experience, which was not well worked out, but provided an initial horizon to develop a premature dialogue between both. I still think about both possibilities, but I'm considering scum!Ico trying to architect something here.
Town!Ico never does that?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

Official Vote Count 1.09

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
clidd
(2): Ame, Compath
Slaxx
(2): Luca Blight, DrDolittle
Luca Blight
(2): Kanna, Hectic
Ame
(1): Iconeum
Hectic
(1): Slaxx

Not Voting
(1): clidd

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-02-26 02:15:00).

Mod notes:
  • Iconeum standing V/LA weekends.
  • Goddammit.
[/area]
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Compath »

In post 425, Compath wrote:
In post 355, clidd wrote:What I saw in your interaction with Ame was a possible approach to a death tunnel, which did not materialize due to external interaction. Evidently, considering that you're scum. In the town!Ico scenario, I believe that post 27 would become an assimilation with an individual experience, which was not well worked out, but provided an initial horizon to develop a premature dialogue between both. I still think about both possibilities, but I'm considering scum!Ico trying to architect something here.
Joke by the way, in case it wasn't clear.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Compath »

Nice pagetop Datisi >:)
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by clidd »

Rephrase the question.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 427, Compath wrote:
Joke by the way, in case it wasn't clear.
Hum, ok.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Compath »

I usually only get good/accurate reads by actively interacting with people.

Which is kind of hard to do when everyone is European and they don't have the weirdest sleep schedules like Datisi.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by clidd »

What are your current reads ? I will check.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Hectic »

Officer "Officer" Officer finishing up her Criminal Review Case.

The subject in question is Knight Luca. We will be examining his past 4 games of mafia. 3 of which are civilian, and 1 of which is lawbreaker.

The civilian games:

Spoiler: Case 1
Case 1: Briefly skim over the first 20 or so posts. He enters with a scumread on two players. Is interrogating/giving out reads. Examples:
In post 165, Luca Blight wrote:Catching up now.

Slight SR's on Profii and Mr Frost, as of the start of page 4.
In post 167, Luca Blight wrote:I disagree with Alch that bleeds Town - I could easily see self-correction coming from scum who worry about leaving themselves open to attack.

That reminds me though that while I agree with Frost's , I got a scum ping because he basically just repeated what Insomnia said in his 'correction' post.
In post 168, Luca Blight wrote:I like and agree with Ame's . It sums up a lot of my own thoughts towards Profii at this point.

Spoiler: Case 2
Case 2: Enters yet again with a scumread. Is interrogating/solving from the get-go. Examples (his first 3 posts):
In post 20, Luca Blight wrote:VOTE: bugspray

I dislike the RVS questions - they are unrelated to the game and therefore pointless, apart from question 3 which feels like role-fishing.
In post 24, Luca Blight wrote:I’m not trying to police your play - it’s called advancing the game. During RVS something has to act as the catalyst to move the game from meaningless to meaningful, and one way of doing that is by zoning in on things in order to create talking points.

That said, I am sincere in my view and have you as a slight scum read as things stand.
In post 42, Luca Blight wrote:Ok I think Bugs is Town, I like his thoughts above.

UNVOTE:

I agree that both George and TSE look scummy at the moment. The former for putting effort into answering the RVS questions and building rapport, and the latter for his ‘claim’.

VOTE: TSE

Spoiler: Case 3
Case 3: Once again, the same trend. Just look at his first four posts. The only exception here is this [ur=viewtopic.php?p=11512725#p11512725l]post[/url], which actually appears amiable and friendly, but I am willing to write this off as an anomaly since the content is not related to players or play in-game.

So, from those civilian games, we have established that Knight Luca as a civilian is:
  • Vocal about lawbreaker-reads from the get-go
  • Interrogative and solves immediately
  • Not someone who has time for pleasantries, and doesn't go out of his way to be friendly
Now, we come to his lawbreaker game.

Spoiler: Case 4
Case 4:

His first four posts:
In post 6, Luca Blight wrote:VOTE: ROUND ONE

Ding ding ding!
The second post of the game. A likely NAI entrance.
In post 81, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 28, Natsu wrote:Oh boy. At first I was going to complain about the SE's not setting Hectic straight for his trash tier posting. But then I realized he was an SE, even though he says he's quite new. Then again in my last game the SE's were the ones making all the questionable moves.
Do people typically get worse at mafia the more they play?
This is actually an interesting question. I think in terms of many things in life, this ends up being the case. Take, for example, driving: When you've just passed your test you are still very cautious and drive in the correct posture, mirror signal manouvre etc. Soon, however, bad habits start creeping in, and if you took the same test a few years later you most probably wouldn't pass. I think the same applies to Mafia.
In post 28, Natsu wrote:
In post 10, Hectic wrote:Hey, friends!

I'm quite new, so is it okay if I lurk this game and try to learn from the more experienced people? Also, should we mass claim? It could be useful to talk about who we target in the night. I will start: I am the Town Goon. I am not allowed to target anyone in the night.

VOTE: 72offsuit

This is somehow worse than the first post of a person in my last game, which got her massively scumread and lynch-mobbed. You are playing a complete fool on purpose here. I'm guessing you are trying to get an actual vanilla townie newb to be like "hey, it shouldn't say town goon!" and then vote for you because you look like a terrible scum player who just tipped their hand. So I guess I'll go ahead and grant you your wish and vote for you because it's not supposed to say town goon.
VOTE: Hectic

After reading further I find that Hectic actually has thousands of hours of mafia gametime. But I'll keep my vote here to see where he's taking us with this style of posting.
This is a decent thought-process. You have earned a Townie point, well done.
Engages with Natsu in a friendly way (thought it's worth noting he was his lawbreaker buddy), but more importantly gives him a "Townie" point.
In post 82, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 52, ArthurConyl wrote:
That's gotta be one of the most dumb scum tells I've ever seen, ngl.

Hello everyone, my name's Arthur and I'm fairly new at forum mafia.
Haha, I love this defiance.

Good on you, Arthur.
Tries to pocket Arthur. Easy-going and friendly.
In post 83, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 56, dsjstr wrote:I just want to point out that DP and Hectic are probably the best two players in here XD
You do yourself a disservice, dsj! :P
Tries to pocket Dsj. Easy-going and friendly.

Those are his first four posts. There's no solving or lawbreakerreads which is a stark comparison to his civilianplay, but more importantly, his lawbreaker game seem to be more friendly/pockety in tone.

Now, let's examine this game here that we're playing right before our very eyes.

Spoiler: Case 77
Case 77:
The case is not as cut as dry as we'd hope, but I still believe this adheres to his lawbreaker play over his civilian play.
In post 10, Luca Blight wrote:VOTE: Compath

For being a strawberry thief.
He starts the with a probable NAI RVS vote.
In post 14, Luca Blight wrote:1.
What is the origin of your username?
It's a funny story, actually. In the process of joining this site I typed 'Luca Blight' into the username box, and the rest is history.
Why is Compath so townie?
- I'm wondering the same thing?
When is the last time you had a strawberry?
- Just before new year.
Which of these would you prefer to spend your time doing this weekend (order from most preferred to least): playing mafia, attending a concert, attending a sports game, watching a new episode of your favorite show.
Attending a sports game, attending a concert, playing Mafia, watching a new episode of my favourite show,
On a scale of 0 to 10, how upset would you be if we lynched you today?
If Hectic has 5 strawberries and DrDolittle has 2, how many does Luca have?
I'd rather keep this secret, given there are strawberry thieves among us.
Imagine that you are scum this game: would it be true or false that you are scum?
True.

Your turn, Ame.
He answers Ame's RQS; which is strange, given we've seen from meta that he has a strong dislike for RQS. He answered this one unprovoked.

Then he actually proceeds to solve from to . Solving early is not what we're focusing on though. We're focusing on his amiability and the next couple of posts:
In post 137, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 135, Iconeum wrote:
In post 129, Luca Blight wrote:Just skimmed through, this is how I roughly feel about everyone right now:

Hectic - SL
DrDolittle - TL
Compath - TL
Kanna - SL
Ame - TL
Slaxx - SL
clidd - TL
Iconeum - SL

I'll go into more detail shortly.
are we really going down this road again?
i'm here if you wanna engage about anything luca
I'm trying to stay open-minded after last time :)

I have to ISO you again, but your opening seemed a bit more intense than what I'm used to from Town!Icon.
In post 144, Luca Blight wrote:Icon says he's here if I wanna engage.

I wanna engage but he doesn't engage :(
There it is. The easy-going and friendly tone early on that he displayed in his one lawbreaker game, and in none of his civilian games.

It's always difficult to explain tonal lawbreaker-reads, but The Force has tried to do so as best we can here. It's also not just the entrance, but throughout the game in terms of how he's less blunt/more willing to consider things from a towny viewpoint. Examples would be these two posts here, which is actually what first pinged me to go digging:

Spoiler: More Evidence
In post 316, Luca Blight wrote:It seems a little odd how I ask you a question about Slaxx and you turn the attention onto Clidd lol

Why aren’t you voting Clidd?
Describing something he finds lawbreakery as "a little odd" rather than outright saying he finds it lawbreakery.
In post 359, Luca Blight wrote:‘Dislike’ as in you’re scumreading me for it, or simply think I’m wrong to do so?

I’ve never said I believe Clidd will always replace out as scum btw. I feel as though he’d be more disinterested as scum, however.
His response to trainee "trainee" trainee feels neutral. He's trying to clear up her suspicion of him, rather than doubting her alignment for such a read.

That will be all for now. We advocate votes to imprison Dark Knight Luca.

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by clidd »

Hum, im thinking.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by clidd »

Well, I believe that the differences in quality of playerlists are not significant to invalidate the read, so I won't comment it. Until now, I was relying on the fact that he used information about me transparently, something that I would not hesitate to associate with
town!Luca
. However, with these comparisons,
Hectic
, the problem is that you are assuming that he would follow the same
scum
line of reasoning as the game in which both of you participated together. Could you explain why he did not avoid using the same neutral method, considering that you are here too, and could, evidently, unmask him ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by clidd »

I will rest.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 386, Slaxx wrote:Kanna the issue I have with Luca-scum is at the time, Clidd and I were both fairly vulnerable in our positions. He seemed to arbitrate and intervene early into our 1v1 spat. If we are both town, and Luca is scum, what motivation does he have to do that?
not sure which part you're talking about. can you quote the a bit or something?

p-edit; hi clidd, bye clidd
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 387, Slaxx wrote:I still get the vibe Ame believes what she’s saying. Now, what’s up for debate is how much they are applying it to move the game forward. Obviously it’s easy to tell the truth as mafia if you talk about non-game related things.

I think, though, that there is enough “this-game” content wrapped up in that analysis to not give me much pause on sustaining a town read.
I really agree with this ^
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Compath »

In post 432, clidd wrote:What are your current reads ? I will check.
Will check with what?

Your very "accurate" reads?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 390, Hectic wrote:trainee "trainee" trainee will step in for Officer "Officer" Officer!

Kanna:

>see slaxx' takes
>hey, i agree with Icon being towny for that push, and Compath's 8 and 9 do feel like filler (which can be a good scumtell), DDL i disagree with but whatever
>like these takes overall
>see you say you're getting bad vibes
>recheck his posts
>realise that the Icon and Compath takes aren't difficult or nuanced ones to make and so feel somewhat forced
>see his "die on this hill" post which feels a little over the top stubborn
>reply to you about these things

now if you'll
excuse
me, i'm getting back to watching Knives Out

So you're saying you just changed your opinion between those 2 posts? sighhh I might believe you
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Compath »

Probably look something like

{the
worst
best}
{Ame, Luca}
{Ico, Kanna}
{Hectic, DDL}
Null
{Slaxx}
{Clidd}
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Compath »

Probably look something like

{the
worst
best}
{Ame, Luca}
{Ico, Kanna}
{Hectic, DDL}
Null
{Slaxx}
{Clidd}

{Datisi}

fixed!
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Kanna »

@compath, can you explain your luca and clidd read?
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Compath »

I think I've explained my Clidd read well enough already.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Compath »

He's contradicting himself as well as shading others. He backs off too easily as well.

When questioned he either dodges the question, or answers the question in a way where it seems like he answers the question but the answer doesn't actually have any real substance.

Plus, his posts have a forced formal tone to them, and they seem hard to read on purpose.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Compath »

I think Luca's interactions with Slaxx make him pretty obvious town.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Compath »

His tone is also pretty good.
Compath
Compath
Townie
Compath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Compath »

A lot of my reads are gut reads to be honest.

Like not in the sense that I can't put my finger on why I TR/SR them, but more like I don't carefully look at their posts.

It's kind of hard to explain.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Kanna »