Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm fine with the wheel and unexplained reads and w/e but the only thing I dislike from KM is her soft defense of Amrun.

In post 1050, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1020, Nero Cain wrote:amrun doesn't even think TSE is scum, that's like the definition of a go with the flow scum vote.
I think there's going to be a lot of go with the flow votes from town as well though in a 50 player mess like this
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 1074, The Fonz wrote:Nero/Kirari block,
Talking about a two-player "block" right now is scummy.
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1073, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1072, The Fonz wrote:In general, I have felt for years that posting lists of every player in the game is useless for town, and more something scum do to look town. I find it much more town to just talk about 2-3 of your strongest reads at a time.
Okay

So, why are you not voting Drixx, who thinks it's productive to give detailed reads on 17 players in the game when I don't have 17 scumreads?
Because I side with Drixx in your argument. Basically, he's saying you don't actually have reads on everyone you've stated a read on, and in asking you to provide justifications he's actively expecting you not to be able to.
The reason he thinks this is because he thinks your reads are fake, and you don't actually have them - you're just claiming you do to fake the appearance of scumhunting.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:36 pm

In post 1075, Nero Cain wrote:I'm fine with the wheel and unexplained reads and w/e but the only thing I dislike from KM is her soft defense of Amrun.

In post 1050, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1020, Nero Cain wrote:amrun doesn't even think TSE is scum, that's like the definition of a go with the flow scum vote.
I think there's going to be a lot of go with the flow votes from town as well though in a 50 player mess like this
Amrun is one of three players I've mislynched this year and the reason I mislynched her was for going with the flow too much while she was busy

That doesn't make her town here but I think pushing her for that reason is unwise
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1071, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1066, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:There is 17 people here.
You imply this like a contradiction but given I don't even have reads on 33 players, why is it more reasonable to
harass
me to explain the gut reads and initial impressions I have over solving the rest of the game?

What's your read of Drixx?
I am by no means doing the
Bolded
I just seen you say “I won’t do 50 Players full Reads that’s stupid”
When he was just asking for the 17.
Unless you were just exaggerating.
I was deem scummy because I didn’t put “at least 1 scum” nor explain myself that well.
I just didn’t like the way you went about that post.

I haven’t read any of Drixx’s posts.
Is there any specific posts of theirs you want me to look at?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by pisskop »

Tomorrow morning. Maybe. Ill do a read.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1080, pisskop wrote:Tomorrow morning. Maybe. Ill do a read.
Sounds Good.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by kagesong »

Could someone just like, go ahead and site ban me? not that I deserve it per se, outside of maybe this post. But I keep trying to use Mafia as an escape from real world problems, and then not being able to play because of my real world depression/anger/seizures/brain/beingashittypersonandnotdeservinganyreprieve and then having to replace. So, like, can we just make it not possible for me, so I don't have to trap myself into the hurt of trying to play again. Not that it matters if I manage to get in the car tomorrow. Time will tell.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1082, kagesong wrote:Could someone just like, go ahead and site ban me? not that I deserve it per se, outside of maybe this post. But I keep trying to use Mafia as an escape from real world problems, and then not being able to play because of my real world depression/anger/seizures/brain/beingashittypersonandnotdeservinganyreprieve and then having to replace. So, like, can we just make it not possible for me, so I don't have to trap myself into the hurt of trying to play again. Not that it matters if I manage to get in the car tomorrow. Time will tell.
Sounds like you need a break.
Maybe try Yoga.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Yoga usually calms the mind.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1074, The Fonz wrote:
In post 1068, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Fonz, why do you think I'm scum?
I feel like you are trying to ingratiate yourself with a Nero/Kirari block, siding with them but showing much less conviction in your stances than they do, somewhat hiding behind them. Anyway as y'all know I'm LA so signing off for the rest of the day now.
What gave you this impression as opposed to me genuinely having a townread on the two of them?

pedit: kage, take a break from this game. This game will be here when you're back; there's literally 50 people here.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:45 pm

In post 1077, The Fonz wrote:Because I side with Drixx in your argument. Basically, he's saying you don't actually have reads on everyone you've stated a read on, and in asking you to provide justifications he's actively expecting you not to be able to.
The reason he thinks this is because he thinks your reads are fake, and you don't actually have them - you're just claiming you do to fake the appearance of scumhunting.
Conversely, why are my reads on page 12-13 not going to be "because I read their posts"?

When each slot is going to have a few posts, and I am giving initial takes, how is it not self-evident that I am responding to pretty much their entire iso at that point?

Likewise, why is it pro-town to discourage slots from giving early game reads/impressions? I feel like scum much more frequently attacks early game reads lists and town is much more likely to GIVE early game reads lists because they are trying to get into the game, so this argument that scum is more likely to fake a bunch of structured positions to produce content and conversation I feel like is the opposite of reality. What games or posts make you feel this way?

You keep saying "justifications" as though early game reads are going to be very elaborate and detailed. Usually I will either have one or two pings, or see a bunch of blah posts that don't give me much reason to townread which in turn moves the slots down in the poe.

Also, you're saying you're siding with Drixx, but you're not saying you townread him. What is your read of Drixx irrespective of you 'siding' with him or not?
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:46 pm

In post 1079, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I am by no means doing the Bolded.
I wasn't referring to you there, I was discussing Drixx's attitude toward the list
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by kagesong »

In post 1084, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Yoga usually calms the mind.
Got money to pay for it? Cause I don't. Nor do I have any way to realistically get any. I can't work, but I don't qualify for disability cause government, and the only person who cared to help me at all walked the hell out. SO GET SOME FUCKING YOGA YOURSELF.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Kirari, is Drixx's real time posting slightly out of his scum range?
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by kagesong »

Oh, also, I messaged for a replace. I know I shouldn't say that here, but seems like maybe Wake won't with the TSE stuff, and I literally asked for a ban anyway. So, last post. Except, I'm not TSE, so probably unsubbing as soon as I post this.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:55 pm

In post 1079, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I haven’t read any of Drixx’s posts.
Is there any specific posts of theirs you want me to look at?
I don't think his iso is so long you couldn't just read all of it tbh?
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:56 pm

In post 1089, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Kirari, is Drixx's real time posting slightly out of his scum range?
Not really, he's definitely posting more independently than he did in AvT but I haven't seen him separate from Cerb that often. Do you think he is outside his scumrange? What games are you thinking of?
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:58 pm

My dislike of 728 aside I think kage is probably town
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1047, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1025, Amrun wrote:Why aren’t you being realistic about how you will get a wagon through?
that's not remotely close to what I was saying. More pressure pointed sounding questions that don't match the conversation.
In post 1025, Amrun wrote:Have you given any thought at all people’s motivations?
I HAVE! if you are scum then going for the wagon with the least resistance makes plenty of sense.

How, after playing in chkflip’s game, are you this obtuse about the fact that if we do not no lynch today, it will be an absolute miracle?

We will not have dueling wagons.

We will have 5 piddly wagons that amount to nothing.

Vanity wagoning has the potential to ruin this game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Amrun »

As a reminder, we only achieved lynched in chkflip’s game because of TSE’s role ability which was designed for that exact purpose, to reduce the number of people needed to lynch.

Because getting 26/50 people to agree on anything is almost impossible.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think since Amrun is scum reading me/setting up a chain lynch that MY scum read on her will come off as OMGUSy and be written off but look.

She comes in the game and asks why TSE was getting wagoned. I told her why.
In post 997, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 989, Amrun wrote:Can someone summarize why the TSE wagon is a thing?

I haven’t read a goddamn thing. I intend to but if I don’t start playing from here, I’ll fall more and more behind. Ugh.
The TSE wagon started out as an RVS wagon. He then claimed loud bodyguard unprompted and claims he didn't know he was wagoned. He then went on to say that he
KNEW
there was scum on his wagon, i.e claiming he was getting bussed. When I pushed him on this he deflected and now claims it was a "communication error"

He's also been claiming he was replacing out but never did.

He's toxic and immature.
"oh you didn't phrase it as if that's why he's scum.
In post 1003, Amrun wrote:Nero’s description sounded like “why TSE deserves to be voted” vs “why TSE is scum.”
I didn't phrase it that why b/c thats not what you asked. Ofc, she's claiming that a question she asked Elsa makes it where my 997 isn't a response to 989.
In post 991, Amrun wrote:
In post 990, Elsa Jay wrote:TSE was originally a random vote but his response was crappy so he's the designated day 1 lynch. Hope that helps the case, Amrun.
Is there any real indication this crappy response is AI?
I'm Nero. Elsa is some crazy guy that thinks he's an ice princess.

And the "asks a question: oh I didn't like your response" is just old school scum play and how scum her has treated me in the past.

OFC she's saying she's too busy to play and that's mostly null but the same time not reading and throwing down a vote on someone she doesn't even think is scum is not +town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

There is also no way that you actually scumread me based on posts I made explicitly without having read anything because I’m not not going with the “conversation.”

Of course I’m not. I haven’t read it.

P-edit: not even saying I scumread you. I don’t think this is outside of your town range. But it’s an asinine, elementary level read and you’re capable of better, if town. Think about it.

You really think that’s the scum play? Come in, openly not read anything, then vote TSE without ever reading any of his posts?

As opposed to fabricating a reason to be on his wagon. It is obviously pretty easy to do.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

at what point are you going to sit down and read it them?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1094, Amrun wrote:How, after playing in chkflip’s game, are you this obtuse about the fact that if we do not no lynch today, it will be an absolute miracle?

We will not have dueling wagons.

We will have 5 piddly wagons that amount to nothing.

Vanity wagoning has the potential to ruin this game.
Don't we still have a week and a half till deadline? Why are you stressing out of getting a lynch with so much time left?

Also, I'm here and active so why is it a big deal that im doing other things with my vote a big deal?

there are shit tons of vanity wagons and useless votes. I made a post a lil' while ago about wanting ppl to consolidate on BR, profil or TSE.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”