Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1098, Nero Cain wrote:at what point are you going to sit down and read it them?

Have YOU read? I said I would read it as soon as I can, but I’m having a problem with a flare up of my autoimmune disorder making me feel like garbage, like my skin is literally covered in hives and scratch marks and I’m vomiting every meal during the meal, I can’t sleep, my bones feel like they’re coming apart at the seams. I have a huge exam for entrance to a program on Saturday.

it’s still early day 1 and I’m not going to find the time to sit down and read 40 pages until after my test, especially when I feel so poorly. But if I wait until then, it’ll be 150 pages and I’ll replace out. So I’m just going to play from here for now and read it when I have time.

I literally said all that in less explicit detail in the post you were supposedly responding to about TSE, so don’t act surprised.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

it almost sounds like Amrun wants us to stay on the TSE wagon so a lynch doesn't swing elsewhere.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1099, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1094, Amrun wrote:How, after playing in chkflip’s game, are you this obtuse about the fact that if we do not no lynch today, it will be an absolute miracle?

We will not have dueling wagons.

We will have 5 piddly wagons that amount to nothing.

Vanity wagoning has the potential to ruin this game.
Don't we still have a week and a half till deadline? Why are you stressing out of getting a lynch with so much time left?

Also, I'm here and active so why is it a big deal that im doing other things with my vote a big deal?

I’m not accusing you of vanity wagoning. I’m saying you’re not thinking through your scumread of me at all. If town does not “go with the flow” we will absolutely, 100% no lynch today. No questions. Scumreading someone for this reason is absolutely bonkers.

So I’m asking myself why are you giving such a shallow, poorly constructed read of me?

A) it’s a knee jerk reaction, you’ll think it through and come off it

B) you’re scum

I don’t have enough context of the game to decide between a or b right now, but I’m trying to open up the opportunity for A if you are in fact town.
there are shit tons of vanity wagons and useless votes. I made a post a lil' while ago about wanting ppl to consolidate on BR, profil or TSE.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

I fucked up that quote.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1101, Nero Cain wrote:it almost sounds like Amrun wants us to stay on the TSE wagon so a lynch doesn't swing elsewhere.
Given my choice, I’d currently lynch you over TSE. But realistically, TSE probably shouldn’t go to endgame and it’s a great place to votepark while I find my bearings. I have absolutely no problem with that.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Would anyone like to play fantasy baseball?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82320
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1030, Drixx wrote:One can do an asinine "The wheel says..." as any alignment. The fact that X and Y did it as town in some game doesn't mean that Z doing it this game is town. You're good enough to know that, so the fact that you're pushing that nonsense is troubling.

The problem with KM was the very close follow up presenting "actual" reads at a point when they weren't plausible to the game state. That was enough to get me to poke them. Their reaction to being poked was bad and just got worse until they abandoned the thread.
I'm not pushing anything; I just wanted more of an explanation, which is exactly what I got, so thank you.

What specifically was bad about their reaction to being poked?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:23 pm

In post 1034, Drixx wrote:I misunderstood why you were referring to my scum range.
My bad on that one, it was just a random thought I had and I didn't really formulate in a way that was easy for others to parse.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:25 pm

In post 1070, Kirari Momobami wrote:SS I didn't like the SK claim or the way he's made three separate posts just to say "hello" to people basically.
Imagine being happy to play with people? What makes you think I would say hello to people for any reason other than that I want to be friendly?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 pm

In post 1076, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1074, The Fonz wrote:Nero/Kirari block,
Talking about a two-player "block" right now is scummy.
Elaborate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:27 pm

In post 1082, kagesong wrote:Could someone just like, go ahead and site ban me? not that I deserve it per se, outside of maybe this post. But I keep trying to use Mafia as an escape from real world problems, and then not being able to play because of my real world depression/anger/seizures/brain/beingashittypersonandnotdeservinganyreprieve and then having to replace. So, like, can we just make it not possible for me, so I don't have to trap myself into the hurt of trying to play again. Not that it matters if I manage to get in the car tomorrow. Time will tell.
You can request a site ban. PM a listmod.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

I heard Amrun coughed on the elderly when she had the coronavirus
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1097, Amrun wrote:not even saying I scumread you.
In post 1104, Amrun wrote:I’d currently lynch you over TSE
Well, that escalated quickly. :igmeou:

I mean look, you feel bad and it sucks. I know. But coming in here and going "oh hey I don't scum read TSE but ima vote him anways" isn't exactly pro-town. Or did you think folks should be town reading you for it?

Why exactly was it important to vote park TSE?

TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1111, DrDolittle wrote:I heard Amrun coughed on the elderly when she had the coronavirus
No silly.
Your thinking of yourself.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1111, DrDolittle wrote:I heard Amrun coughed on the elderly when she had the coronavirus
No silly.
Your thinking of yourself.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

FUCK
Double post.
My Bad.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 1108, Something_Smart wrote:Imagine being happy to play with people? What makes you think I would say hello to people for any reason other than that I want to be friendly?
Yeah and? You're null-scum and I still don't see anything to townread you for in your posts since then. Also your AtE day 1 wagons being "policy lynch" when I don't think people had actually made that argument about TSE struck me as off as well

What's your read of Drixx?
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm

I agree with whoever said that he seems more assertive than in TvA. There are multiple possible explanations of that but having a different alignment is definitely one of them.

So > rand town, but nothing conclusive. I would classify him as hard to read, for sure.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm

I'm pretty sure multiple people mentioned they wanted to policy TSE, so I don't really know what about that you think is AtE.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 pm

Hmmm. True but his fundamental tone of complaining about stuff in a overly dramatic fashion is still closer to his scumplay than his townplay. Also, after TvA if he rolled scum again he might just be inclined to post more?

Where are you on Fonz/Elsa/Aaron?
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:52 pm

In post 1118, Something_Smart wrote:I'm pretty sure multiple people mentioned they wanted to policy TSE, so I don't really know what about that you think is AtE.
At the time you made the post I'm only seeing Nero implying such, and he didn't really say it was a policy lynch directly

The first four votes were all naked which suggests it was just a random wagon for the most part? Given the biggest threat to a 50 player day one is inertia, I'm not sure why you'd be primarily concerned with five votes being too many or a "policy lynch" getting another 20. Town does have to start somewhere after all
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1092, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1089, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Kirari, is Drixx's real time posting slightly out of his scum range?
Not really, he's definitely posting more independently than he did in AvT but I haven't seen him separate from Cerb that often. Do you think he is outside his scumrange? What games are you thinking of?
There are some old scum games of his from like 2017 that suggest his scum style is to take the time to come up with a lot of fake analysis but to not post very often. His posts in AvT seem to fall into that general profile too. I wouldn't say completely outside his scumrange, but I think he's more town than not.

--

Amrun, what are your thoughts on Kirari and Drixx?

--

TSE, why are you voting Elsa and sheeping your scumread (Nero)?
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Like I think town is more likely to join in on a bandwagon to get the game rolling and meanwhile you're:
1) claiming SK
2) congratulating people on their scumday
and
3) complaining that an RVS wagon is a policy lynch when only one person had said as much

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty awkward entrance to the game. As a general rule, when your posts look more like Elsa's posts than anyone elsa's, then that's generally a bad sign
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:59 pm

In post 1121, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:There are some old scum games of his from like 2017 that suggest his scum style is to take the time to come up with a lot of fake analysis but to not post very often. His posts in AvT seem to fall into that general profile too. I wouldn't say completely outside his scumrange, but I think he's more town than not.
Okay but doesn't he as town tend to be lurky and make highly analytical posts? I feel like his tone as town is reserved and considerate and here he feels angry, and in AvT he also felt angry
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1121, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1092, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1089, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Kirari, is Drixx's real time posting slightly out of his scum range?
Not really, he's definitely posting more independently than he did in AvT but I haven't seen him separate from Cerb that often. Do you think he is outside his scumrange? What games are you thinking of?
There are some old scum games of his from like 2017 that suggest his scum style is to take the time to come up with a lot of fake analysis but to not post very often. His posts in AvT seem to fall into that general profile too. I wouldn't say completely outside his scumrange, but I think he's more town than not.

--

Amrun, what are your thoughts on Kirari and Drixx?

--

TSE, why are you voting Elsa and sheeping your scumread (Nero)?
Because I don’t necessarily disagree with the Elsa push.
They were on my starting wagon after all.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”