Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:14 am

Post by Robbnva »

It’s easy to appear town in a neighborhood. Especially with who your mates are. I can’t see what you’re saying or doing. That’s part of why I hate neighborhoods and masons. Too much secret conversations
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:37 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

In post 550, Robbnva wrote:It’s easy to appear town in a neighborhood. Especially with who your mates are. I can’t see what you’re saying or doing. That’s part of why I hate neighborhoods and masons. Too much secret conversations
You death tunnel all the time. Seeing the hood wouldn't change that. You'll scum read me until I flip.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:42 am

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 547, Bingle wrote:VOTE: trq

534 is god tier levels of gross. She shades like half the thread while avoiding making any real points about any of them, then sheeps a case she doesn't understand from one of the players she is shading onto a player she doesn't otherwise mention to put pressure behind a wagon that isn't the largest option.
i'm reading rabid town? if that wasn't clear. i had a null read on both the largest wagon (chkflip) and nero, but i'm reading both not mafia and rabid as town and they were both on nero so i voted there. i'm going to follow rabid onto clidd now, since clidd was on the more egregious side of your discussion about not mafia's role and i'm reading rabid town and rabid has access to more information than me. rabid was also more than 50% of the reason i was on nero. from the setup info it seems that neighbors have a random chance of being mafia so slightly more than 50% to have one within the neighborhood if we account for rerolling any setups where 2 or 3 of the mafia are within the neighborhood. so instead of the 33% to hit from my last post it's more like 17% to hit from lynching within the neighborhood, which is less than the 23% to hit at random. probably what you meant by the doesn't understand bit. anyway,

UNVOTE:

VOTE: cliddVOTE:
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:43 am

VOTE: clidd
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

In post 552, team rocket queen wrote:from the setup info it seems that neighbors have a random chance of being mafia
No, the game designer determines whether neighbors are town or scum. It's not random.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:24 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 551, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 550, Robbnva wrote:It’s easy to appear town in a neighborhood. Especially with who your mates are. I can’t see what you’re saying or doing. That’s part of why I hate neighborhoods and masons. Too much secret conversations
You death tunnel all the time. Seeing the hood wouldn't change that. You'll scum read me until I flip.
Not true.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:28 am

In post 554, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 552, team rocket queen wrote:from the setup info it seems that neighbors have a random chance of being mafia
No, the game designer determines whether neighbors are town or scum. It's not random.
oh, so the numbers don't mean anything, and the people who want to lynch within the neighborhood simply think that the game designer is likely (would have to be 70ish% likely to = random lynch) to put mafia in the neighborhood.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:34 am

Post by Robbnva »

I personally think that should change. It should be randomized. Would eliminate the “one scum in the hood” conversations.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:42 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 556, team rocket queen wrote:
oh, so the numbers don't mean anything, and the people who want to lynch within the neighborhood simply think that the game designer is likely (would have to be 70ish% likely to = random lynch) to put mafia in the neighborhood.
Last time I searched (and I’ll do it again when I get to work) the percentage was higher than 70% one scum in neighborhood with 3 people.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:52 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Ding Ding Ding

Chkflip (3) Nero Cain, Luna Fox, Rick Dalton
Bingle(2) Garmr, Jake from State Farm
clidd (2) Rabid Schnauzer, team rocket queen
Nero Cain (1) - Not_Mafia
Garmr (1) Bob3141
Non Lmh (1) chkflip
team rocket queen (1) Bingle
Not Voting (3) Clidd, Chemist1422
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:54 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Chemist1422 has been prodded!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

hi
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:32 am

Post by Robbnva »

hola, como esta?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Robbnva »

VOTE: chk
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Well it's nice to be back to the internet.
I'm gonna miss your Jake alt Robb.

On other news, Idk why people find it so hard to read Nero, i always thought he was super easy to read.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:14 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 559, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Non Lmh (1) chkflip
team rocket queen (1) Bingle
@Mod: This doesnt seem right. TRQ is a replacement of non.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 564, Luna Fox wrote:Well it's nice to be back to the internet.
I'm gonna miss your Jake alt Robb.

On other news, Idk why people find it so hard to read Nero, i always thought he was super easy to read.
I really want to make that my main. I guess I can't do that.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:31 am

Post by clidd »

Im back, let me see what I missed.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:32 am

Post by clidd »

In post 531, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 482, clidd wrote:
In post 481, Robbnva wrote:Guys. Jake has good reads. Imma sheep him for now
What do you think about Kage AtE before leaving ?
FWIW that started in his last game. I believe it's legit. Had a few PMs with him. He has medical issues and can't pay for treatment, his girlfriend who was also the breadwinner just left him. Guy's pretty much a wreck right now. I wish he would have stayed in just to give himself some escape.
Ok, good.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:41 am

Post by clidd »

In post 533, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:Clidd says a lot of words, but doesn't really say anything or push anyone.
Actually, there were 2 push-ups in a row:
N_M, which I left stagnant due to popular opinion, and the approximation of the hood's logic, where I reconsidered some points due to the interaction with Bingle. My typing is far from being in the substantial scope.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:47 am

Post by clidd »

Spoiler:
In post 534, team rocket queen wrote:so i know dumb tells are lean scum and it's anti-town to speculate on setup on day 1, but, uh, is there some amount of setup information i'm lacking? like how many mafia are in the game, possible roles, etc? and is there some way to gain this information legally without asking in the thread? since everyone else seems to know (or doesn't care?) it doesn't seem to be in any of the mod posts (speaking of which the flavor of this game doesn't seem to make any sense to me unless there is only one mafia or seth is a third party role?)

a lot of day 1 was consumed by the fight between rabid and jake, which seems to be common for jake but not for rabid. at least according to y'all; i haven't yet had the time to read any of their completed games. the aggression from rabid makes sense if rabid has a provable town role and a neighborhood outside of the game thread to discuss any information with since it serves the purpose of helping to determine the alignment of anyone pushed upon as well as helping to determine the alignment of those within the neighborhood. what is strange, though, is rabid's disappearance following the fight with jake, so i guess i'd like to ask nero and bingle if rabid has remained active in the neighborhood thread or if they've gone dark there as well. from jake's perspective, as far as i can tell, a prolonged fight with a provable member of town is expressly anti-town, but if this is a pattern (getting banned from a mafia forum is loose) it's likely ego and NAI. the fight pulled attention from rabid's push onto chemist (4 of chemist's 9 posts are direct responses to rabid, 1 is a hello, 1 is a naked vote of luna [assumed to be retaliation for luna's vote], 1 is a question posed to rabid about how important it is to clear yourself [which doesn't really make sense given that rabid said they could prove they were town], 1 is the retraction of said naked vote, and 1 [posted two days after the rest] is a gut read of not mafia)

really dislike OGI so i'm willing to nullify all of kage's posts. the only posts from bingle which stuck out to me were the discussion of not mafia's role with chidd which seemed, uh, anti-town at best? what possible benefit does that have from either of their perspectives? chidd's push on not mafia is frustrating in general since not mafia's posts show clear game solving when there are more than a handful of more or less non-participants (including seeming widely townread garmr)
In post 55, Not_Mafia wrote:Fake/Chemist/?
^^^ this posted at a time when jake was diffusing rabid push and taking the game away from any sort of productivity seems especially notable.

a few other quick notes:

i'm not convinced the bob slot could pass a turing test. feels like they reverse engineered the 20 questions bot and let it loose in a mafia forum so it out here posting aimless questions which have largely gone unanswered

i liked chkflip voting non for three naked votes and no other content but it consumes too much of their iso.

the arguments in favor of lynching within the neighborhood seem to be 1/3 to hit, if we hit we win since one mafia down and two confirmed town, which is much greater than random so definitely plus EV. though, once again, i don't know the possible setups so grain of salt. what does tomorrow look like if we vote within the neighborhood and miss? it seems unlikely a mafia within a closed subset would vote within that subset, but i'd like to hear more from rabid as to why they're voting nero or if this is just a gambit planned within their neighborhood.

VOTE: nero

When I try to read this, I feel like I'm drunk staggering from side to side. I'll give my opinion in this post later.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:50 am

Post by clidd »

Spoiler:
In post 537, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 534, team rocket queen wrote:so i know dumb tells are lean scum and it's anti-town to speculate on setup on day 1, but, uh, is there some amount of setup information i'm lacking? like how many mafia are in the game, possible roles, etc? and is there some way to gain this information legally without asking in the thread? since everyone else seems to know (or doesn't care?) it doesn't seem to be in any of the mod posts (speaking of which the flavor of this game doesn't seem to make any sense to me unless there is only one mafia or seth is a third party role?)
There's no setup information given other than it's a normal and so must follow the normal guidelines:
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game
Note that those explicitly normal roles aren't the only possible roles in the game. There are other roles which qualify as normal if used in certain ways.

We don't know how many scum, but the vast majority of 1 player games are 10:3 (10 town, 3 scum). Since it's a mini normal we know there's exactly one scum faction. Third parties like SKs aren't allowed in mini normals.
a lot of day 1 was consumed by the fight between rabid and jake, which seems to be common for jake but not for rabid. at least according to y'all; i haven't yet had the time to read any of their completed games. the aggression from rabid makes sense if rabid has a provable town role and a neighborhood outside of the game thread to discuss any information with since it serves the purpose of helping to determine the alignment of anyone pushed upon as well as helping to determine the alignment of those within the neighborhood. what is strange, though, is rabid's disappearance following the fight with jake,
D1 aggression isn't abnormal for me as town. Unfortunately, I frequently become the center of attention and scum hide behind that. Plus in this case, I know jake will go on forever. So, once I town read jake, I backed off to observe others. Also just depends how busy I am at work.
VOTE: nero
You need to put that in bold or vote tags. p-edit: nm

Hum, nothing special.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:53 am

Post by clidd »

In post 546, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 544, Robbnva wrote:
In post 541, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:VOTE: clidd
Why the switch?
Clidd's posting, and developments in the hood.
I would like you to complement this with a description of the reasons.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:58 am

Post by clidd »

In post 547, Bingle wrote:VOTE: trq

534 is god tier levels of gross. She shades like half the thread while avoiding making any real points about any of them, then sheeps a case she doesn't understand from one of the players she is shading onto a player she doesn't otherwise mention to put pressure behind a wagon that isn't the largest option.
I intend to verify this when I analyze post 534 more calmly, I'm on the mobile platform at the moment.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:06 am

Post by clidd »

Masons are more strategic in the sense of communication, while hoods are an inferior simulation of this scenario.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”