Newbie 1990 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by rg »

TRQ
it seems quite suspicious that you took such a long time to get here. It seems like you attempted to not get talkative because you didn't want to get called out. However, seeing as the game is supposed to be slow paste, I can see why you did that.
Rectiplane
I like your attempts to find the right guy in the game. Good psychological thinking, putting your good strategizing to work by comparing and contrasting with others... It seems like you're legit trying to find the mafia.
JV
You're trying to stand up for me and I appreciate it but I can clearly see that you're trying to do it in order for the wrong person to not be eliminated.
Maple
Others seem to think that you're mafia. I don't see it. I didn't see enough of you to find you suspicious. I would like the others to explain their reasoning
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by rg »

Okay may I please get a quick summary of Rectiplane's case against everyone including me?
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

'slow paste' might be my new favorite description of certain games
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 85, Weiss Schnee wrote:Team rocket do you have a lot of off site games? Starting off with meta reads is a little surprising for a newbie slot to me
no i just like to read and it seemed a good place to start since the game was progressing very slowly. i'm new to playing but i read a few games before queueing as well.
In post 94, JacksonVirgo wrote:Did you even read the logic behind me calling them town?
yes it seemed to be that you town read them for pushing on you for post 16. the rest of their post history up until that point were dumb tells.
In post 95, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 87, Non lmh wrote:I think the team is natsu and jacksonvirgo
You are correct, ggwp
mafia claim.
In post 101, Natsu wrote:Well there goes my town lock.
As soon as I saw the juggernog I was hard-reading them as town doctor. Didn't want to say anything but you're bringing up very good points in this entire post.

this is so anti-town. so much so that it becomes a wifom situation since mafia rolefishing like this seems unlikely.
In post 119, rg wrote:seems like you're trying to get into the specifics and psychology of the game. I am doing the same. Let me explain my actions.
I didn't know that pushing hard towards immediately finding a suspect would be suspicious because it's my first game so I allowed myself to be quick in that topic, regardless of if I'm part of the townies or the mafia. Also, if both Jackson and I were mafia I wouldn't rat him out early in the 1st day. That would be bad strategy all throughout. I legitimately found him suspicious because of what I said earlier and he legitimately got the impression that I'm trying to find a suspect and looking hard for clues.
this reads as jackson is not mafia with me, since how would you know that they "got the impression [you're] trying to find a suspect" if you don't know their alignment. this plus rectiplanes argument is enough for me to move my vote for now.

VOTE: rg
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by rg »

Please rephrase. I don't understand your reasoning
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by rg »

1. When are the updates on the vote coming?
2. That may read that way because I tried to speak without repeating myself with the vocabulary. Let me explain like an idiot: rg thinks jv is suspicious. jv says he thinks that rg is a townie. rg believes him. both not mafia because what they did wouldn't benefit them if they were mafia. how is that related to knowing each other's alignment idk.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 116, Weiss Schnee wrote:I'm sorry which JV question did you not like my answer to?
I think it was the "Why did you vote x", the answer you gave originally was fine since I knew what you meant but they didn't obviously
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 124, rg wrote:This game is getting exciting, everyone is getting fired up to find the mafia and I'm liking it
This reminds me of Mad D1 from 1987 lol

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 125, rg wrote:TRQ
it seems quite suspicious that you took such a long time to get here. It seems like you attempted to not get talkative because you didn't want to get called out. However, seeing as the game is supposed to be slow paste, I can see why you did that.
Rectiplane
I like your attempts to find the right guy in the game. Good psychological thinking, putting your good strategizing to work by comparing and contrasting with others... It seems like you're legit trying to find the mafia.
JV
You're trying to stand up for me and I appreciate it but I can clearly see that you're trying to do it in order for the wrong person to not be eliminated.
Maple
Others seem to think that you're mafia. I don't see it. I didn't see enough of you to find you suspicious. I would like the others to explain their reasoning
Rocket
- Are you saying they're scummy because of their activity levels?
Rectiplane
- Agreed here
JV
- I don't want Town lynched, so of course I would?
Maple
- Their entire vibe is completely dead serious compared to their recent Town game, like I get that they were a Mason in that game but such a serious change it tone was my problem when I started flipping Mafia roles as a newbie in FM. That and they haven't put much on the table in terms of actually content

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 128, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 94, JacksonVirgo wrote:Did you even read the logic behind me calling them town?
yes it seemed to be that you town read them for pushing on you for post 16. the rest of their post history up until that point were dumb tells.
Go back and read my logic again then

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 51, rg wrote:
In post 50, Weiss Schnee wrote:Yee
Why you voting jv btw? Want to join me on natsu or do you see something scummy in jv's posts?
He straight away went towards the direction of "Good luck unless you're mafia" (post #16: "...good luck unless you're Mafia then I hope you lose") and it seems to me that he's trying to falsely blame others because he's trying to hide something. Moreover, he did it very quickly so it seems to me that the hat burns on the thief's head. Just me tho, idk.
The reason I am town-reading rg is that they are actually scum-reading people instead of just trying to be read as Town as many new town players do. It literally does not matter that it's because they voted me specifically, they spotted something I intentionally placed to try and bait out a town-slip of sorts and I town-read them for it.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Typical newb!scum are always self conscious and are worried about self-image over faking reads, at least from my perspective and that makes Rectiplanes and rg a town-read for me

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 136, JacksonVirgo wrote:Typical newb!scum are always self conscious and are worried about self-image over faking reads, at least from my perspective and that makes Rectiplanes and rg a town-read for me
They still fake reads but you can generally tell if they're posting without self-image in mind, that's how I lock-towned Mad in 1978 and I was correct.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Reason why I think Weiss is Town is because they seem to share a very very similar thought pattern to myself, and since I am Town with a Town mindset (not LAMIST I am making a point) and them seeming to have a very very similar mindset is very telling. It's how I cleared Clidd from 1987 and was correct, anywho let me stop comparing to 1987

(In previous post I accidentally said 1978 but it's 1987)

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also back to Maple, I doubt that even if you become a VT after a Mason you'd still have at least a somewhat similar vibe but nope. Completely serious, no joking around at all nothing like that.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 139, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also back to Maple, I doubt that even if you become a VT after a Mason you'd still have at least a somewhat similar vibe but nope. Completely serious, no joking around at all nothing like that.
And I want to put pressure on them to produce content

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Okay I will stop flooding the thread with my words, feel free to join in someone

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Man if this game it's just robo this is gonna be really underwhelming

I think JV is in my high town tier now

@trq this isn't like a serious thing but I will observe you do not read at all like a newbie. I guess that's the power of reading games beforehand
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 139, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also back to Maple, I doubt that even if you become a VT after a Mason you'd still have at least a somewhat similar vibe but nope. Completely serious, no joking around at all nothing like that.
I mean he did push me because of my avatar, haha joke or not I don't feel like his tone was super serious? I actually kinda liked my early engage with him although we do need more content now
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Few quotes from D1 1987
Spoiler:
In post 10, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:First is the worst... Second is also the worst >:(
My brother is in Phi Kappa Phi...
VOTE: Phi Kappa Phi
In post 48, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:
In post 22, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 10, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:First is the worst... Second is also the worst >:(
I smell OOT :)
You smell my jealousy, nothing else :evil:
In post 42, 72offsuit wrote: Is this some weird role play thing where you have a different posting style based on the alt account that you log in with?

What are everyone's thoughts regarding OS admitting to this being an alternate account, in particular linked to an account that i just played a game with.
OS played under the account DetectivePikachu (DP and I were both town).

Is the act of OS admitting this is an alternate account alignment indicative? What are people's thoughts?
I'm wondering if !scumOS (scenario of OS having rolled mafia this game) versus !townOS would admit, versus not admit, to being an alternate account, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree completely and this has no relevance at all...
My thoughts on this are that it might be alignment indicative, but OS was upfront about playing on their alt and didn't have anything to hide - doesn't feel like something scum would do.
In post 72, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:Yes, Jackson. How can you be so serious and seriously town read someone as serious as OS... seriously?
In post 74, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:@72
I disagree. I haven't played with OS so I can't say anything about his playstyle or how he types, but it didn't feel like there was any malicious intent in saying that he played with you before. Rather, it's strange that you're somewhat aggressively putting the spotlight on him. I like your desire to get the game moving, but this might be a dead end.

It's not just the jokes too, it's the general content that they were giving and they're just not here.

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Yeah but three of those posts are written revolving around his mason partner, so most of his early content is built around the one other slot he has inside information on
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 144, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Few quotes from D1 1987
Spoiler:
In post 48, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:
In post 22, GeneralWu wrote:
I smell OOT :)
You smell my jealousy, nothing else :evil:
In post 42, 72offsuit wrote: Is this some weird role play thing where you have a different posting style based on the alt account that you log in with?

What are everyone's thoughts regarding OS admitting to this being an alternate account, in particular linked to an account that i just played a game with.
OS played under the account DetectivePikachu (DP and I were both town).

Is the act of OS admitting this is an alternate account alignment indicative? What are people's thoughts?
I'm wondering if !scumOS (scenario of OS having rolled mafia this game) versus !townOS would admit, versus not admit, to being an alternate account, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree completely and this has no relevance at all...
My thoughts on this are that it might be alignment indicative, but OS was upfront about playing on their alt and didn't have anything to hide - doesn't feel like something scum would do.
In post 72, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:Yes, Jackson. How can you be so serious and seriously town read someone as serious as OS... seriously?
In post 74, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:@72
I disagree. I haven't played with OS so I can't say anything about his playstyle or how he types, but it didn't feel like there was any malicious intent in saying that he played with you before. Rather, it's strange that you're somewhat aggressively putting the spotlight on him. I like your desire to get the game moving, but this might be a dead end.

It's not just the jokes too, it's the general content that they were giving and they're just not here.
I get that being a Mason will give you easy conf-town status if you needed it, but not being Mason is not a reason to not give relative same amount of content. There is like little in this game, I can't even remember off the top of my head anything that they've said this game

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

I mean all he did this game was talk with me about rwby but he is not a high volume poster so I don't mind giving him time to sink his teeth into the thread more
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 145, Weiss Schnee wrote:Yeah but three of those posts are written revolving around his mason partner, so most of his early content is built around the one other slot he has inside information on
It's still content. I may be a tad biased, but I don't really see any scummier people yet outside of the null/dead-slots

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Yeah robo still sits at the bottom of my poe even though he does smell like lynchbait. But yeah I'm having trouble feeling like I have good scumreads so far

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”