Newbie 1990 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Okay I just looked through Non's ISO. There is no content, only a shade at natsu/jv scum-team and that's it. I mean outside of Natsu liking to read games.

I probably have to keep reminding myself that we're 6 pages in
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Make that 7 pages in

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 89, Non lmh wrote:natsu likes to read past games, I think he picked up the term locktown from reading the game jacksonvirgo posted
My thought was this was too left field to come from scum
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 152, Weiss Schnee wrote:
In post 89, Non lmh wrote:natsu likes to read past games, I think he picked up the term locktown from reading the game jacksonvirgo posted
My thought was this was too left field to come from scum
I personally see a Natsu/Non scum-team as a possibility

wiki // GTKAS
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by Karnage »

Vote Count 1.3
Weiss Schnee (2) ~
OldMapleNostalgia, Rectiplanes,

OldMapleNostalgia (1) ~
JacksonVirgo,

Natsu (1) ~
Non lmh,

RoboApocalypze (1) ~
RoboApocalypze,

JacksonVirgo (1) ~
rg,

team rocket queen (1) ~
Weiss Schnee,

rg (1) ~
team rocket queen,

Not voting (1) ~
Natsu,

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2020-03-19 16:35:16)

V/LA: none
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 am

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 119, rg wrote:I legitimately found him suspicious because of what I said earlier and
he legitimately got the impression that I'm trying to find a suspect and looking hard for clues.
In post 129, rg wrote:Please rephrase. I don't understand your reasoning
you cannot know the legitimacy of an impression jackson got unless you know they are town. you cannot know they are town unless you are mafia. ergo you are mafia.
In post 130, rg wrote:2. That may read that way because I tried to speak without repeating myself with the vocabulary. Let me explain like an idiot: rg thinks jv is suspicious. jv says he thinks that rg is a townie. rg believes him. both not mafia because what they did wouldn't benefit them if they were mafia. how is that related to knowing each other's alignment idk.
not mafia together does not equal not mafia. i think you're incorrectly town reading each other, which would mean one of you is mafia and therefore knows the other's alignment and one of you is wrong.
In post 139, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also back to Maple, I doubt that even if you become a VT after a Mason you'd still have at least a somewhat similar vibe but nope. Completely serious, no joking around at all nothing like that.
i also see maple's deviation in play. would you say that their deviation from 1987 is greater than your deviation from 1987, 1982, 1968 and 1963? if maple's deviation indicates scumminess, how should we read your deviation? or is it non-existent to you.

i would like rectiplanes to rundown their town like they did their mafia reads

natsu it seems you're the only one without a vote. might be a good time to follow me onto rg.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:43 am

Post by rg »

Natsu, I advise you to check all of our past messages and decide on your own. Don't listen to him single handedly. Examine everyone and point out whoever you find suspicious
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Karnage »

Mod Note
RoboApocalypze failed to confirm and will be replaced.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Karnage »

Mod Note
SashLilac replaces RoboApocalypze. SashLilac A has (expired on 2020-03-13 12:32:00) to confirm or be replaced.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:52 am

Post by OldMapleNostalgia »

In post 133, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 125, rg wrote:TRQ
it seems quite suspicious that you took such a long time to get here. It seems like you attempted to not get talkative because you didn't want to get called out. However, seeing as the game is supposed to be slow paste, I can see why you did that.
Rectiplane
I like your attempts to find the right guy in the game. Good psychological thinking, putting your good strategizing to work by comparing and contrasting with others... It seems like you're legit trying to find the mafia.
JV
You're trying to stand up for me and I appreciate it but I can clearly see that you're trying to do it in order for the wrong person to not be eliminated.
Maple
Others seem to think that you're mafia. I don't see it. I didn't see enough of you to find you suspicious. I would like the others to explain their reasoning
Maple
- Their entire vibe is completely dead serious compared to their recent Town game, like I get that they were a Mason in that game but such a serious change it tone was my problem when I started flipping Mafia roles as a newbie in FM. That and they haven't put much on the table in terms of actually content
In post 139, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also back to Maple, I doubt that even if you become a VT after a Mason you'd still have at least a somewhat similar vibe but nope. Completely serious, no joking around at all nothing like that.
I don't understand your focus on my tone, given that I have only 1 previous game in forum mafia EVER. You have a grand total of 3 posts I made in 1987 where I am making small talk, but I had a similar interaction this game with Weiss. I explained this in , which IS in a joking manner . Why not compare my tone in the rest of 1987 to my tone now? Do you want to completely ignore it to make it suit your narrative? You should know how much content I normally provide, especially since you like referring to 1987 so much. I started contributing more in day 2 after I had a handle on how others play, but I do admit this is something I need to get better at.

My early thoughts on the game so far aside from Robo:
JV
- Scumlean Strong: You are posting a lot more in day 1 AND your initial posts felt LAMIST, especially ; however, your cadence has returned to it's usual rhythm after reading through your previous town games. You made a mistake and noticed that your OWN tone was not in line with your previous game's, so you quickly changed gears.
Natsu
- Scumlean Weak: This is gut because your entry post felt off. Why did you need to disclaim that you just lost a game, were you pity-farming? You also ignore for some reason. Seems pretty innocent, why not answer it?
Weiss
- Scumlean Weak: I dislike it when people come to the defense of others, like you did for me when JV is pressuring me. I never asked for anyone's help, so what compelled you to defend me? You're inserting yourself into conversations that you don't have to be. In my experience playing IRL mafia, this is always an attempt to buddy up with someone as scum. You've also been moving votes left and right, not sticking to someone to make them sweat.
rg
- Scumlean Weak: Similar to Weiss, what compelled you to defend me? I'm not sure if your early posts are dumbtells, but they seem genuine. I want to see how they interact with TRQ.
non
- Neutral: Gut. I liked how you with Natsu. Not much else to go off of, but your posts read authentic. I want to see more out of him before slotting him into alignment.
TRQ
- Townlean Weak: Your first response in is bullshit. You are obviously experienced in mafia, so why are you hiding it? A metapost as your entrance speaks to your self-confidence, and I personally don't have that as a newbie.
Rectiplane
- Townlean Strong: was great analysis and offered a new perspective for town on several players. You offered something new while still providing good arguments.

My idea on scum team is JV/Weiss as a power duo controlling town. They have NOT analyzed/interacted with each other's posts as much as they have picked apart other's. JV has Weiss as towncore, but Weiss is townlean/null on JV -> This could be to Weiss' attempt to distance herself from JV/ I can also honestly see JV/TRQ as a scum team as well. TRQ had a scumread on JV to draw a line between them, but then switched to rg not too much later. This scenario is weaker, but JV is scum in both scenarios.
VOTE: JV
Last edited by Karnage on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:53 am

The post shortcuts are all fucked up :facepalm:
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

I do move votes around a lot when I'm not locked on a scumread.

I disagree with not talking about why you townread someone when they're being pushed though. The goal of the game is to lynch scum which generally cannot be achieved if you are letting town get mislynched. Protecting townreads is just as important as catching scum from a strategic perspective. Additionally, offering rebuttals can help me draw out the thought process of players who can offer insight and maybe help inform my reads.

I think arguing that jv is scum because they consciously chose to return to their normal playstyle is uhhh pretty reachy

I also disagree that the arguments in 97 were good even if recti is town
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

I'm also now coring jv as town, I even said so last page I think
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 142, Weiss Schnee wrote:Man if this game it's just robo this is gonna be really underwhelming

I think JV is in my high town tier now

@trq this isn't like a serious thing but I will observe you do not read at all like a newbie. I guess that's the power of reading games beforehand
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 160, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:The post shortcuts are all fucked up :facepalm:
I fixed your links in .
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:22 am

In post 161, Weiss Schnee wrote:I do move votes around a lot when I'm not locked on a scumread.

I disagree with not talking about why you townread someone when they're being pushed though. The goal of the game is to lynch scum which generally cannot be achieved if you are letting town get mislynched. Protecting townreads is just as important as catching scum from a strategic perspective. Additionally, offering rebuttals can help me draw out the thought process of players who can offer insight and maybe help inform my reads.

I think arguing that jv is scum because they consciously chose to return to their normal playstyle is uhhh pretty reachy

I also disagree that the arguments in 97 were good even if recti is town
1. So you immediately townread all of the people that you voted before TRQ? Flimsy.
2. Allowing me to rebuttal to JV without you providing a setup for a defense is more beneficial TO ME. I couldn't care less of your thought process for your reads, how does that help me? It allows me to prove myself to town as a whole, but with you coming to my defense just makes yourself look more town, it's selfish.
3. Returning to their playstyle is not the only reason, I explained most of it in the section above it. It is a tunnel based off of something they have little exposure to (my start of game tone) to something that he has more exposure to (my tone in literally the rest of 1987).
4. I disagree. Even IF his arguments in 97 were bad, he still provided a new angle for town to look at, AND he defended it in 104 and 113. You don't like it because you got scumread.
OldMapleNostalgia
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
OldMapleNostalgia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:23 am

ty mod
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Getting townreads out of people is half the point of voting then in rvs. The goal is to solve alignments
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Preventing your mislynch if you are town is also beneficial to you if you are town.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

3 - that's a fair point

4 - actually my problem with the post is more that I was worried he was going push town toward a mislynch on lynchbait newplayer rg. I didn't really hate his push on me, more if he is town he looks maybe more like 1/3 at best which means his reads need a correction
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

VOTE: roboslot

If he didn't know his alignment when he did the self vote then there's no ai content from him at all
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:55 am

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 159, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:TRQ - Townlean Weak: Your first response in #73 is bullshit. You are obviously experienced in mafia, so why are you hiding it? A metapost as your entrance speaks to your self-confidence, and I personally don't have that as a newbie.
i know how social deduction works, and i've watched some dailymafia on twitch and read some games, but as far as actually playing i'm brand new.
In post 159, OldMapleNostalgia wrote:TRQ had a scumread on JV to draw a line between them, but then switched to rg not too much later.
my scrumread on jackson hasn't gone anywhere, only my vote.
In post 168, Weiss Schnee wrote:Preventing your mislynch if you are town is also beneficial to you if you are town.
pretty sure it's also beneficial to mafia to not get lynched. this post makes less sense the more times you read it.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

I wasn't talking about a hypothetical you, I was talking about maple in this game
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Weiss Schnee »

What social deduction games have you played trq?
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:00 am

Post by rg »

In post 155, team rocket queen wrote: not mafia together does not equal not mafia. i think you're incorrectly town reading each other, which would mean one of you is mafia and therefore knows the other's alignment and one of you is wrong.
We didn't both townread each other. I voted against him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”