Newbie 1990 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by rg »

In post 748, Weiss Schnee wrote:What convinced you to dislike 72 over your sense of 'extreme genuineness' earlier?
Basically what Recti wrote. He summed up a lot of contradictions at once and in a way that made me question if I really trust him. I said that he was genuine, but contradictions in posts are ingenuine, and Recti did a good job at writing all of them.
Honorable mention to Natsu who has a more contrived yet still good summary of everything.
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

"Contrived yet still good" man you are a wealth of incredible phrases
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

Alright whatever I'm okay with a natsu hammer
rg
rg
Goon
rg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by rg »

Oops, English isn't my 1st language so I might be inaccurate (1st language is Hebrew). I meant to say that it was shorter but still did it's job.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 628, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 624, Rectiplanes wrote:You'll be flipping scum though. :)
Wrong. Im town.
Would Town have just ignored that post or commented on it?
In post 630, 72offsuit wrote:rg is my strongest town read
Why
In post 637, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 634, Weiss Schnee wrote:
In post 630, 72offsuit wrote:rg is my strongest town read
I've felt the same way at times but what seals it for you now?
This is just bad.
You insist that I'm the only scumtell that you have, yet you are engaging in discussion as if I'm town.

Please, town, get on the WS wagon.
This is scummy as all heck, and I was actually town-reading you lmfao. First of all, Town discusses with scum-reads to find out if they're wrong. And you're just... ugh
In post 648, Weiss Schnee wrote:Not a problem for today -- team rocket queen -- she either dies tonight or get's cross-claimed later. That being said if she was scum her partner would be JV (only because the tone of made me nervous for a moment), but that's not a scenario I need to deal with right now and I still think they can both be town maybe

The PR claim over just claiming Cop/Doctor/Tracker/Jailkeeper etc may be because of WIFOM. The scum can choose to attack them and confirm the setup if a doctor is on them etc. Scum may try to risk it but if that lands us in a position with no town dying tonight I am all for that.

Rectiplanes -- + while the spreadsheets and stuff are like hyper-lamist, I have a really hard time believing scum goes through all that work on something that isn't actually likely to get them locktowned
I too agreed with that, but I believe they're getting extremely cocky like I got when I was try-harding as scum and got town-read, so they're a slight town-lean for me now

Jormengand -- + Maple's tone in I think is unlikely to come from scum Maple although this isn't 100%, + the tinfoil in on JV could come from town going down the rabbit hole, - the replace-out is midly concerning, ~ the jormen wallpost catchup I couldn't tell if was #effortposting or not since it was kinda a pain to follow up on some of his thoughts, but I don't on the whole hate the lmh push
I've explained why I think this slot is scum

rg -- his attitude toward the game is very +townie but the early iso actually isn't super strongly town indicative outside of tone; in a world where rg flipped scum I'd think natsu was most likely partner from the tone of ; for the record I tend to slightly scumread unvotes generally so gets a very minor - for me, slot still seems townie on tone (sure), but I guess I'm not sure why this slot is being easily locked as town in a game state with this many townie towns
I find it funny how as soon as I started finding a reason to start town-reading them and when everyone saw that I actually had good logic behind it, everyone started feeling the same. Somewhat concerning I have to admit but my logic still holds, we'll see if they slip up somewhere down the line

JacksonVirgo -- I still really like for town; unfortunately the more strongly town indicative stuff later in the iso (the votes in and which normally would continue to make this slot IC) are after I explained that I townread the slot for vote frequency so I can't give those as many points. I'd like a little bit more analysis given the gamestate we're in now and a little concerned that JV has stepped back a little bit. But still probably town
uwu it's me

Natsu -- If Natsu is scum this game he has improved
a lot
since newbie 1984 where he was having major tonal issues from very early in the game. The randomly bolded sentence in also seems a little bit +townie. Unfortunately one game doesn't make a meta, and while I'm not in love with the unvote in this slot also feels pretty town
I agree they feel somewhat townier than scummy

Non lmh -- while I did think was so random and left field it was more likely to come from town, felt kinda off to me. I kinda generally dislike his attempts quasi-angleshoot although lmh has always been a slot I never get particularly comfortable in a read for. I will say that his play in medical meme mafia was very banal and didn't have as much 'random' seeming thoughts as he's had here so he could still very easily be town
I am not sure exactly where I stand on this slot to be completely honest

72offsuit RoboApocalypze -- I appreciate the confidence of but I strongly dislike his attempts to paint everyone pushing him as scum which comes off as very survivalistic, on reread other things bug me too:
In post 608, 72offsuit wrote:I am saying Recti and trq'sscumreads did not feel genuine to me, like they were not coming from a town mindset
vs. "they were coming from scum mindset" which would be a townier way to phrase the sentence
In post 598, 72offsuit wrote:Could also potentially be scum, scumbuddying me.
feels superficial

the point considered in is pretty bad cognitive load
In post 589, 72offsuit wrote:Now you are just being dense.
also dislike this, maybe even possibly tmiing natsu town off tone?

now my caution here is that I was recently burned on scumreading a hyperposter replacement (I thought the predecessor scumreplaced out due to team getting rolled), but I'm not really focusing on the catchup posts, I'm pretty much looking exclusively at stuff after 72 had 'settled' into the game and every time I reread I feel like I'm finding more things I dislike, and given I'm having trouble finding a second scumread I'm starting to feel better about this lynch.

At first they reminded me of the 97 game and I was town-reading them but now they just seem scummy and I can't help but tear my soul apart having this gut feeling that they're just dumbass cocky Town.

"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 650, Weiss Schnee wrote:The gradients between Jormen through natsu are so shallow btw that's not really a structured reads list

I think I'm like
[TRQ]
Recti
Jormen / RG / JV / Natsu
ehhh LMH?
I'm a null now?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 670, Weiss Schnee wrote:Anyway what's your take on 72 JV? Did you read his catchup or like his posts in the past 4-5 pages?
I did read it and I'm not going to lie, I didn't see anything more scummy in there than what they did as Town in my last game with them.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 714, Rectiplanes wrote:
In post 682, Jormengand wrote:Okay wow so self-voting? That's a thing you generally
don't do
, I would say.

, let's say you flip town and that means WS is scum - remind me who you think is her scumpartner?
Weiss, Recti and TRQ
, if 72 flips scum, what do you think that means? More importantly, what if he flips town?
Everyone else
, please stop lurking and give us a few hot takes.
If scum-72, then lynch one of (Non-Imh, Jormenghand). The remaining scum is in there.
If town-72, lynch Non-Imh immediately, and then we have to re-evaluate Weiss and decide between Jormenghand and Weiss on Day 3.
Weiss is most likely Town here. If you read my logic, I would be seriously surprised if they could fake the exact same thoughts I was with a scum mind-set

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 744, Weiss Schnee wrote:I don't see how 623 is scummy, I can see the argument for 624 but I'm inclined to call it NAI overall and Rectic looks town elsewhere
It's what I see scum!them saying to fake confidence in their reads

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Fully caught up woo
I still stick to my Jorg reads, I literally don't remember much about them except that wall content wise

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 755, JacksonVirgo wrote:I'm a null now?
No I still think you're town I just have no backup scumreads and it's hard to decide where the weaker townreads are tbh

what did you think of 72's self-vote?
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 754, JacksonVirgo wrote:dumbass cocky Town.
yeah that's my worry as well

also I have mixed feelings about rg's vote but it's hard to evaluate objectively pre-flip
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

The self-vote I personally see coming more from town!72 considering how they were acting when they were pushed to L-1 in the game I was in with.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

They were completely okay with themselves being lynched if it means that a scum-team or a scum would be outted. And they seem to have that exact vibe here, at least to me. They were just as scummy then, the the point where I gave them conf-scum status in that game. Just gives me more of a Town vibe, TWTBW and all that

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

I can kinda see it but his questions while getting run up were significantly less bad there than they are here
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 764, Weiss Schnee wrote:I can kinda see it but his questions while getting run up were significantly less bad there than they are here
That's why I can see it going either way but I'm more confident in my read in Jorg, because as I said I have that gut feeling that is telling me that 72
will
flip Town and I'd rather them self-resolve over the next few days personally.

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

He seems fiesty there and he was fiesty here for a little bit but then he really hard ran out of steam which makes me very slightly worried he's going into damage control mode and trying to avoid further spewing, like he self voted to prove his solve but he can't even explain succinctly why he scumreads me, someone that's confident in their solve can generally nutshell their case quite easily

idk his play here is kinda gross in any case and I don't want to keep thinking about his self-vote tomorrow at this point
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 765, JacksonVirgo wrote:That's why I can see it going either way but I'm more confident in my read in Jorg, because as I said I have that gut feeling that is telling me that 72 will flip Town and I'd rather them self-resolve over the next few days personally.
maybe I guess it's just that I'd prefer to believe Maple doesn't insult my play this game unless he actually believed in his reads
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

72 definitely never self-resolves
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

This is scummy as all heck, and I was actually town-reading you lmfao. First of all, Town discusses with scum-reads to find out if they're wrong. And you're just... ugh

No, I want to see who joins the wagon, vs who abstains from the wagon.
I have been discussing. I have asked others on their stance Re: WS, so not sure where you are going with this.
I've done this before as town, but would also do this as scum, so its NAI. So if you are town, I don;t know why you are scumreading me for this.

Newbie 1987:
viewtopic.php?p=11613710#p11613710
see Post #134, page 6
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

No, I want to see who joins the wagon, vs who abstains from the wagon.
I have been discussing. I have asked others on their stance Re: WS, so not sure where you are going with this.
I've done this before as town, but would also do this as scum, so its NAI. So if you are town, I don;t know why you are scumreading me for this.

Newbie 1987:
viewtopic.php?p=11613710#p11613710
see Post #134, page 6
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 768, Weiss Schnee wrote:72 definitely never self-resolves
I was regarding with flips, and associations. Because they've got a heckin' lot of it

wiki // GTKAS
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 754, JacksonVirgo wrote:This is scummy as all heck, and I was actually town-reading you lmfao. First of all, Town discusses with scum-reads to find out if they're wrong. And you're just... ugh
In post 756, JacksonVirgo wrote:I did read it and I'm not going to lie, I didn't see anything more scummy in there than what they did as Town in my last game with them.
this would be a really interesting progression from you as scum lol
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

JV said:
I too agreed with that, but I believe they're getting extremely cocky like I got when I was try-harding as scum and got town-read, so they're a slight town-lean for me now

THIS. I'm glad you said this because this was the feeling I was getting but couldn;t put my finger on it and articulate it
Weiss Schnee
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Weiss Schnee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Weiss Schnee »

In post 770, 72offsuit wrote:So if you are town, I don;t know why you are scumreading me for this.
see this is why I'm kinda ready for this slot to go

you clarify like a post later that your townread degraded, not that you're scumreading him, but he fails to register the nuance of your position

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”