Mini Normal 2128: Normal Mafia - Game Over!

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think you're experiencing confirmation bias from this technique accidentally working in other games, bob
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 149, bob3141 wrote:And it in you never even deny being partnered with para. All you say is why would i comment on x if i wasnt going to vote for him. And that answers nothing.
As it easy for scum to say they would do the opposite

Where it should be clear im asking, ok so you say you wouldnt be partnered with para if you were scum but that doesnt realy answer anyones suspicions that your scum. And is rather scummy avoidance of that very issue.
I asked Dany about how pointing something suspicious about someone without voting them is indicative that we're partners. My line of reasoning was that calling attention to something is stronger than voting. I don't really know what you mean by the bolded phrase

From what I'm gathering, you're saying that town!tweet wouldn't say that she's not partnered with Paragon, she would instead say "I'm not partnered with anyone, I'm not scum." Why would I be unwilling to say the phrase "I am not scum" as scum???

I see where you're coming from I THINK. Like, I subconsciously say "I'm not with Paragon" instead of "I'm not scum" to technically say the truth. I don't think looking for ways that someone subconsciously words things is a good tell, and it's certainly not working here.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 75, bob3141 wrote:
In post 73, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 66, bob3141 wrote:So your saying your not scum with para?
this is a loaded question that incriminates me for answering it and it feels like you're trying to make me "scumslip", which i neglected to put in quotes in my last message cause i'm a peabrain

So you saying you cant answer the question.

When its easy to answer for any town. Correct answer is "i am town and thus cant be partnered with anyone"

So it is certainly answerable. But instead your trying to make reachy case out of it
I want to revisit this. Now the original "If I were scum with para" might've been a slip, but as I've mentioned before, it's also something a townie might say, and I'm not sure it's indicative of scum in the broader context of MT's other posts.

However, I don't think there's
anything
wrong with saying "it's a loaded question". Scum is certainly not incapable of lying, and could easily answer "I'm town" in response. I think by acknowledging that MT saw what you were trying to get her to do, she implies that that's what her response would be, and pushing her for not answering is stupid.

The next point you could make is that scum would be more aware of trying to avoid scumslipping, and would be more likely to catch that it's a loaded question, versus town who might just respond "of course I'm not scum with para", not putting a whole lot of thought into it and just answering the question presented. You seemed tried to push this in , which is odd because it contradicts your earlier argument of "town would answer 'im town'". IMO, this is another thing that is something scum would do, but it's also something town might do. Some people are just good at spotting loaded questions.

Looking back at your argument, it seems like there's some cognitive dissonance in that you want town to be able to spot the framing and not answer the question straight on, but also spotting the framing makes you scum.

In short, looking back at the contradiction between 75 and 79, it seems like you're trying to force MT to be scum, not matter what she says. That's just intellectually dishonest, which is certainly scummy.

VOTE: bob3141
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 149, bob3141 wrote:You simply refused to answer. What scum pops tried to do. First she fought and she only answered it after i spelled every point i wanted answering. And then when i finally forced her to, it showed with out a doubt she was scum.
This is why I'm just realizing this now. I saw this line and it started me on the train of thought I presented in the previous post, and then I took a second look at 79 and saw it as scummy.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:43 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

Holy crap there’s a lot since I last visited.

@bob - last game we played where you were town, you had generic “hey player x, how do you feel about player Y’s post” and I didn’t quite like that without any of your own content. But I see that’s not the case and you’re posting more content. I like it! Not just the generic push here and there

@all - I’ll hafta read those this a little more. Read up to like page 5ish then skimmed the rest. Better content coming. But in the meantime:

Unvote: bob

Vote: vigneshwar

Post! Has he been prodded? (Although since they’re not confirmed in yet and prob haven’t check this thread yet, this will likely fall on deaf ears).
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:48 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

Reading through the thread, I still find the first couple pages hilarious thanks mostly to paragon. Cheers! But in the middle of page 3 (posts 53-60ish) this game takes a more serious tone I feel where it appears RVS ended and the game really began. This is forced by what appears to be a more serious in tone than the first couple pages interaction between iDannyboy and Morning Tweet (possibly started with Dannyboy in post 59?). Post 59 strikes me as overly defensive especially compared to the light hearted nature of this game previous to that post. Bob then jumps on Morning tweet. That seems weird to me cause I read Dannyboy to be more of a defensive reaction and therefore the one to pursue.

Now looking through this more, damn bob. You double down pretty quickly on this (what I consider flimsy lead at best) of Morning Tweet. Again, I think Dannyboy’s reaction, in what I read as pretty defensive in tone, post of 59 is what I would’ve pursued.

This dies down somewhat but the bob triple downs with post 113 and continues with 142 double posts. I’m not sure how committed bob is to this or if he even thinks Morning Tweet is scum. So.......

@bob: I’m of the opinion that voting someone doesn’t necessarily mean you want them lynched and can be used for a variety of different reasons, but do you scum read Morning Tweet? Personally I do not and think Dannyboy was perhaps the person to pursue instead. What are your thoughts on Allomancer? I didn’t focus on him too much reading through the thread as MT v Dannyboy then bob v MT were the main focus, but will iso him later.

@all: I feel as though iDannyboy’s defensive post in 59 started this whole interaction and got more of a scum read on him than Morning Tweet. Thoughts? Am I reading too into that post? Do others read it this way or is this a fruitless endeavor? I’d vote there for more content and pressure iDannyboy a bit but want the lone abstaining player to post!
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Allomancer »

I don't see 59 as excessively defensive compared to the rest of the conversation. I feel it gradually escalated in seriousness without any one post being the impetus.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Allomancer »

Although it does seem odd how dany basically disappeared once bob took over pursuing MT, now that I look back at it
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 155, mavsfan41 wrote:But in the middle of page 3 (posts 53-60ish) this game takes a more serious tone I feel where it appears RVS ended and the game really began
Yeah, I found it weird too, how people in this game were going at each other hell for leather, I come back and place my random vote and go "woah, loads has happened!" And then I get read as fishy by like 3 people for saying that.

I have no real interest in the current pushing and shoving, I hope those who are expending this energy are having fun and getting something from it.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Paragon »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

im sorrryyyyyyy but that's d1 i guess

Dany has a tendency to post somewhat infrequently as both alignments I've noticed from other games
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 155, mavsfan41 wrote:Reading through the thread, I still find the first couple pages hilarious thanks mostly to paragon. Cheers!
I enjoyed them too!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Paragon »

I suppose I'll make a readslist.

For now: VOTE: Bob

Allomancer's changed my mind.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Paragon »

Never mind, I'm far too tired to read properly right now.

I am assuming no one has a fear of cats and I am fine to post cat GIFs?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i love kitties
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 155, mavsfan41 wrote:Post 59 strikes me as overly defensive especially compared to the light hearted nature of this game previous to that post.
How was it overly defensive?

Also I think Dany's serious push started way back in . People were just ignoring it and still shitposting in between
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

In post 165, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 155, mavsfan41 wrote:Post 59 strikes me as overly defensive especially compared to the light hearted nature of this game previous to that post.
How was it overly defensive?

Also I think Dany's serious push started way back in . People were just ignoring it and still shitposting in between
Fair point about 44. I read that as part of the OMGUS shit-posting but I can see it.

When it comes to 59, the reason I found this overly defensive was in context to what preceded it. It was a bunch of random baseless accusations thrown around without much intent other than to move the game in and out of RVS. Post 59 is a direct response to an accusation and then throwing (what I read as legitimate) shade at the accusatory. And that’s more than anything why I found it overly defensive. The post you talk about in 44 I read more as an OMGUS vote and that’s why I dismissed it originally I suppose but in post 59 it’s more of a doubling down on what I feel was a rather harmless post by Morning Tweet. Or at least that’s my personal interpretation of post 59. To throw shade on Morning Tweet’s tongue and cheek scum rankings just struck me as an overreaction, especially as the game was only 59 posts to that point.

So I went back and checked to see if iDannyboy had been voted by anyone else just to see if it was consistent across the board (aka defensive in nature) or just defensive in that scenario (aka more likely townie behavior) and iDannyboy has a less-defensive but same-ish type of reaction in post 46 when Paragon jokingly pressures him.
Honestly, I have no clue what’s going on between IDannyboy’s posts of 44, 46, 59. Does anyone have a read on those? Overly defensive and needing to react to any suspicion throws his way OR just some weird early game town v town stuff? I don’t know if there’s some scummy defensive overreaction here or if I’m tunneling too much on early game posts that are intended to be more throw-away and I’m misreading them.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.5

Spoiler:

bob3141 (4) - Cat Scratch Fever, Morning Tweet, Allomancer, Paragon
Morning Tweet (2) - iDanyboy, bob3141
Espressojet (2) - BBmolla, Espressojet
mavsfan41 (1) - geraintm
Skellen (1) - TheTrollie
Vigneshwar (1) - mavsfan41
Allomancer (1) - Skellen

Not voting (1) - Vigneshwar

(expired on 2020-04-06 10:34:00) remain until day end

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

my votes in a good spot

where you at bby girl
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

Vote count in post 133 had Allomance with 3 votes (currently sits at 1). Post 152 strikes me as super townie. The only part that doesn’t strike me as townie is the vote on bob3141. I get why, but idk if his behavior is scum. Bob3141 is tunneling hard on Morning Tweet mostly off her dismissal of his question in post 66 (which is 100% a loaded question as pointed out earlier). I don’t read bob3141 as scum as of now, I think he’s trying way way way too hard to force a lynch of Morning Tweet to be scum. Wifom-y I know, but I don’t think scum would push this hard for a mislynch this early. That’s waaaay too big of a gambit for scum to make this early (especially with the premise as weak as a simple refusal to answer a loaded question).
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by geraintm »

are we still missing a Vig?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by geraintm »

I meant, are we missing Vig, not a vig...
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:15 am

Post by iDanyboy »

I don’t understand how I was being overly defensive when I was pushing other people. I don’t enjoy RVS so I try to get out of it as early as possible.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:17 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 168, BBmolla wrote:my votes in a good spot

where you at bby girl
Why, what has he done?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:22 am

Post by Paragon »

So, I think I might have the virus so gonna have to low-effort while I recover. I'll still be reading, just not very deeply. Sorry!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”