elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:I do this because I don't know how many people got my first post joke.

farside, you made me pee my pants. Thanks a lot!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I have no arms or legs, but I will head-butt you. And I will win!

(I am not pregnant... maybe someday!)
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

I love the smell of estrogen in the morning air.

Albatross!
Indeed. I read through "You are what you eat" and it would appear that shaft.ed's games have a descent supply of females.

Translation
PokerFace wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
PokerFace wrote: Who’s the
private dick
mod that’s a sex machine to all the chicks?
Shaft.ed!
You're damn right!
Shaft.ed is our pimp.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
PokerFace wrote:

I love the smell of estrogen in the morning air.

Albatross!
Indeed. I read through "You are what you eat" and it would appear that shaft.ed's games have a descent supply of females.

Translation
PokerFace wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
PokerFace wrote: Who’s the
private dick
mod that’s a sex machine to all the chicks?
Shaft.ed!
You're damn right!
Shaft.ed is our pimp.
No he's not.
:shock:

He's my pimp.

Who is your pimp?

Mr. Flay?

vote Bruce

(Who is Bruce?)
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

AH, now I get it. Everyone is Bruce. Imaginality = Bruce.

I don't understand the posting restriction... do you just have to mention Bruce in every post?

unvote Bruce; vote imaginality

(My prom date's name was Bruce. For reals.)
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Thanks Mirth!

Why did you ask imaginality if his restriction was fake if you knew about this role?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #150 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:Everyone has now posted at least once. Does anyone want to comment on what I've been saying?
Are you this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Gn6a3WbYw
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #152 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

You need to start clicking on the links people are putting up and watching more monty python.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #191 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

strappado wrote:I still say we get rid of Imaginality to eliminate the Bruce confusion.
I say we get rid of scummy people, not those with an annoying posting restriction.

unvote; vote strappado
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #195 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

strappado wrote:so...are you voting me because I suggested an Imaginality lynch, or because you think I'm scummy?
If you think I'm scummy, could you elaborate?

I'm just trying to figure out where to start, which (no offense) is more than you've done so far.
I'm voting you because of your reason for voting imaginality -- not because he's scummy but because his posting restriction is annoying/confusing. That's not a good reason. It's scummy to lynch people for reasons other than their scumminess.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mostly just wondering what he was about and if he was faking a restriction. I didn't change my vote until I found a good place ot put it. On you :)
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Luigi Gangsta wrote:Lol Iron Man, i looked at ur sketch, it's awesome, so what exactly do you do, as the anouncer?
Fishing and faking posting restriction?

You must die!

unvote; vote luigi gangsta
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #295 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm voting luigi, and mirth is voting chenshi.

We were both voting you before, but other than that, I don't think we've been voting the same. Oh, maybe imaginality too.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #304 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

strappado wrote:my bad, the girls keep getting mixed up in my head, Elvis, Mirth farside...good god, grow a penis and differentiate yourselves :P All women look alike to me

I think this game has more females in it than any other game I've played...shaft.ed's such a ladies man :P
Prolly all his time spent in the "Period" thread.

So yeah, nevermind the first part of my last post, but the 2nd still stands. I want to hear an explanation from Luigi, we could be mistaking his intentions.
I really don't want a penis. I mean, not one that's attached ot my body.

Also, I love shaft.ed's wife.

Also, have I been jumpy? Have I moved my vote around more than anyone else? I don't think I have. This game is crazy and I'm just trying to use my vote to figure stuff out. I use my vote for pressure.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #331 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think luigi should die. In a game where you are confused, why would you ADD to the confusion by typing backwards?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #333 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Wouldn't you agree that faking a posting restriction is scummy? For some people who really have a restriction, adding to confusion is not their fault. If the restriction is faked, they are adding to the confusion on purpose. And that's scummy.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #412 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't believe there is more than one French Taunter. I googled it and watched the video and it looks like there is only one taunter. He snickers with two other guards, but only one actually talks. It doesn't make sense for there to be two with different powers and the same name.

Also I don't think darla has linked us to a video yet, which every role should have (I would assume).
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #414 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Sorry, she did link a video...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #417 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I realize I made a mistake.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #420 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Simulpost catfight!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #472 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Sorry I forgot about this:
PokerFace wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Wouldn't you agree that faking a posting restriction is scummy? For some people who really have a restriction, adding to confusion is not their fault. If the restriction is faked, they are adding to the confusion on purpose. And that's scummy.
I am still not buying Darla's. It feels way too much like an excuse now. I want to know her answer to mirth's question. I'm curious to what spre thought the post restriction was before it was "explained". Tell me, elvis, what did you think of the use of the word bruce in posts 271-274 by people who weren't imaginality?
I think the use of the word Bruce in those posts was a joke. It probably did add to the confusion of the game is therefor sorta scummy, but I don't think it's on the same level as the backwards post. We all already knew and understood the Bruce madness, so it didn't really complicate the game. The backwards post was out of nowhere with no explanation.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #556 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

:( I have to catch up.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #557 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SpyreX wrote: Dear town,

I've got a question for you. I HAVE to use my night action to taunt. I've got a couple people I'm thinking of.

1.) Would you like me to say who and why.
2.) Would you like me to just say who I am going to taunt, without reason.
3.) Would you like me to just do it, and not say a word?
I don't think you should say who you want to target. If you're targetting scum and tell them ahead of time, they'll just NK you.

Also, I think it's much more helpful in the long run to keep it a secret and see if you can catch anyone in a lie later.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #558 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
ME wrote:
@chenhsi and Killa7,
what do you two guys think of the recent claim vs claim situation that has been going on? Who do you believe is town and/or scum and why? Do you think it is possible both are scum? Do you think its possible both are town?
I don't feel either of them is the lynch today, but they should comment on the current situation. A wagon on one of them would be better saved for tomorrow since it can distract things from what I feel is more important.
Chenhsi seems very unhelpful in other games as well. Not that that makes him town. Pressure on this guy could be good though because otherwise I'm not sure we're ever gonna get anything from him.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #559 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SpyreX wrote: The things that bother me about this whole deal:
1.) Mirth has had a fixation with the PR's in general; moreso than anyone else.
2.) Although I agree, Mirth has pushed and pushed for Ironman's claim. There's been a fixation there.
3.) Has a very high noise-to-signal ratio this game.
4.) Really, hasn't built a case.
5.) The early votejumping also seems odd.

6.) The whole DBE scenario:
a.) Mirth, before DBE claimed, claimed the French Guard for her.
b.) She says that, with all of the roles in MP, a faked role will not be counterclaimed.
c.) 64 and 90 are in direct opposition with each other (Taunter wouldn't be faked because it is too iconic, Taunter wouldn't be faked because it isn't iconic enough)
d.) Pushing for the modkill. I really, in retrospect, do not like this. It's not how mafia should be played AND, of course, in that unlikely scenario I'm wrong and we're both actually Taunters if the day doesn't end that'd probably be two Town power roles gone before night 1. Who does that benefit the most?
e.) Makes the same claim Luigi does earlier: we are both scum in a gambit and if one turns up scum both should be lynched (I've talked about this enough)
f.) Mostly ignores the arguments (mostly by me) showing the myraid of differences in DBE's restrictions and punishments versus the other PR players.
g.) Says she's willing to lynch Darla - however, and with everything else this bothers me, doesn't really give the exact reasons and, ultimately, doesn't say its because she thinks DBE is scum (alluding to the both of us scum strategy).
h.) Suggests I'm lyncher - again, pushing for a lynch on me tomorrow?

Ok, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the fact both LG and Mirth have ignored what, to me, feels like the Razor in this case bothers me. The fact that both have said, outright, if I am right then I am scum and should be lynched,
really
bothers me.

Again, I am not suggesting either Mirth or LG (or Chen) for lynches today. Its got to be DBE. I dont like this plan they have for tomorrow.
About mirth -- I can see some of what you are saying but I am drawing different conclusions about it. I see the interest in PR's as more of a help to the game and an effort to lessen confusion. Could she be fishing, I guess. But with all the craziness going on, I don't think it's bad to try to figure some stuff out. Scum are probably ahead of us on that front anyway, so I don't think it really helps the scum too much.

Some of the other things I think are good points. The interest in getting DBE modkill is sort of weird, but then again farside also felt that was a good idea. Taken with the early high number of vote jumping it could suggest bloodlust without so much caring who ends up dying -- which is a scum mindset.

I'm not really sold on it though. I think that mirth has been one of the more active players and the game has had a lot of swings and reversals and revelations, so that could be why she has voted so many people.

I think we should keep all that in mind though and keep an eye on her.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #560 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

About DBE, I think she is the lynch for today, because I can't see their being two french taunters. Even if there were two french taunters I can't believe they would have different PR's and roles. I would think they would have the same role if they have the same character. I can't see a way for them both to be telling the truth.

I'm not sure of the VC, so I won't vote yet. Are we close to lynch? Are people willing to end the day?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #608 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
Also @Elvis,

1) I
now
assume you don't have cigarettes and matches for me. But can you "
paraphrase
" what you heard from me instead of that? My english is a bit rusty.
LOL. Okay. Last night I was received a "visitor." The player was not revealed to me, but shaft.ed gave me a message. I am not allowed to quote it (I was warned), but I can paraphrase it. The message was a sort of weird innuendo involving alpacas, (would I perform something on his mischevious alpaca?). I thought it was pokerface at the time because I think his role is the dirty hungarian (as I posted yesterday). I do not however know what he was really trying to ask me, or what his deal is with the cigarettes and matches. I don't have cigarettes or matches.

Anyway, FWIW, I replied to the alpaca message that yes, I am quite fond of alpacas. I really just said that for the fun of it. I have no idea what was going on. But I can confirm that I had a visitor last night and that I was given a message that I didn't understand.
2) And also does the phrase: "The queen or mother has elephant ankles" mean anything to you? You can just say yes or no if you don't want to elaborate on this one. This flavor of mine is confusing.
I don't know what you're talking about :D
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #620 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote: I kinda wish you, elvis, hadn't tried to guess my role name, but I suppose I did go overboard on my breadcrumbing on day 1.
I'm sorry if it screws something up for you, but you seemed to keep asking about the cigs yesterday and it seemed that you needed help of some sort. In all the craziness, I recognized the quote about "my nipples explode with delight" and was trying to help.

Uh and about a bridegkeeper... I don't think I was visited by one. I only had the one visitor.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #622 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

If you want to be propositioned about beastiality, talk to pokerface.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #625 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Reaad post 608.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #630 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

This is what I was asked to do last night:

Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #633 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I said yes to alpaca sandwich because I thought pokerface was one of the alpacas. He is so soft and furry.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #635 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote:Well that bottom alpaca looks rather bored...
I agree, I am glad I was the middle one last night.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #636 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

chenhsi wrote:I did play...I behaved no different than I ever do...
From my limited experience with this guy, I have to agree that I have never seen him be helpful. That doesn't mean we should let him get away with that kind of BS though.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #637 (isolation #34) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG I have to post this:

CUUUUUUTTTTEEEEEEEEE!

:squeals:

Sorry for the interruption...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #640 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote:Agreed. I feel the need to squeal and then to ambush it and shave off all it's soft cuddly fur for yarn and knit it a sweater ^_^
OMG GOOD IDEA!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #777 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I guess I should comment about the bridgekeeper business...

Do I believe Spyrex? I think so. It seems like a really complicated gambit for scum to make, so yes, I don't think he's lying about being visited by a bridgekeeper who can ask him three questions. Is bridgekeeper too powerful a role? I don't know. If we are dealing with multiple scum groups (since it looks like we have a cult), then the town might have to be pretty highly powered. So I don't think I would assume the bridgekeeper is anti-town.

As far as strappado soft claiming (is that the right word for what she did?), I don't think that was a good idea. I think associating yourself with any characters or roles is only going to help the scum. And I question why she did it.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #779 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Why not D1?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #791 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote:We're too assume she knows this from a night action, so it couldn't have been day 1.
Oh well then I think the reason she came out with it is because K7 said something about having knowledge of her night actions, didn't he? Lemme find it...
killa seven wrote:Poker what action did strappaddo do last night?
So I guess when she figured she might have to reveal something, that she started soft claiming?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #802 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well at frist I wasn't sure the bridgekeeper was an anti-town role, but if strappado is the bridgekeeper, that changes things! I thought it was suspicious how she began soft claiming after K7 said something about her night action -- like she was worried she was going to be exposed so started laying ground for a fake claim or plausable explanation for whatever evidence there was against her.

Now that it seems she is the bridgekeeper, and has been lying about it, her behavior seems even scummier.

vote strappado

Also, I think IM should tell who he targetted last night because that could help clear things up if in fact this is all some sort of misunderstanding. My mind boggles at the night actions last night if K7 has some connectiong to PF, who has some knowledge of strappado's night action, which was redirected by spyrex the taunter. That's confusing enough even if nobody else had a hand in all that!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #805 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
And if Elvis wasn't told it was me outside of following my crumbs and guessing, then how was SpyreX told he was targeted by the bridgekeeper?
I have something to add to this, but I think I should save saying it until after spyrex answers you.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #808 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pokerface is the meat in any alpaca sandwich.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #810 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote: Elvis: Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Even if they are both lying, Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Doesn't add up.
Are you saying I misunderstood spyrex, or are you saying spyrex is lying?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #815 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I really don't know. Waiting for IM might take forever though.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #836 (isolation #44) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SpyreX wrote:Well, isn't this a bag of cats that has been unleased.
And if Elvis wasn't told it was me outside of following my crumbs and guessing, then how was SpyreX told he was targeted by the bridgekeeper?
The very beginning of the PM I got said specifically I was visited by the bridgekeeper. It did not, of course, tell me who the bridgekeeper was, but there is no doubt that I was visited by whomever is the bridgekeeper. That role seemed weird and it still does seem weird, but thats what it is. Why your night action flavor is different than mine I have no idea, but thats where we're at.
I was only told that I had a "visitor." I was not told the player or role that was visiting me. I only guessed because I had already guessed PF's role and the weird alpaca innuendo seemed to fit with him.

In fact, I asked if the visitor was PF, and the response was that I couldn't be told.

SO. I don't know why Spyrex would be told the role that was visiting him, when I was not told. Not only was I not told, but I was told I COULD NOT BE TOLD.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #912 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:For example Elvis knows about PF's role, but in the beggining of the game says this about imaginality.
AH, now I get it. Everyone is Bruce. Imaginality = Bruce.

I don't understand the posting restriction... do you just have to mention Bruce in every post?

unvote Bruce; vote imaginality

(My prom date's name was Bruce. For reals.)
Why is this scummy considering I guessed PF's role? How are they connected?
farside22 wrote: This just stands out because of what happened last night.
I think luigi should die. In a game where you are confused, why would you ADD to the confusion by typing backwards?
Again... why is that scummy? Do you disagree with my reasoning or what?
farside22 wrote: There are a few post here and there were EK calls a few people out, but I don't really see her pushing anyone really. Here is one post that just rubbed me wrong.
About DBE, I think she is the lynch for today, because I can't see their being two french taunters. Even if there were two french taunters I can't believe they would have different PR's and roles. I would think they would have the same role if they have the same character. I can't see a way for them both to be telling the truth.

I'm not sure of the VC, so I won't vote yet. Are we close to lynch? Are people willing to end the day?
By the way looking at her post I realized she never voted for DBE either.
I never voted for DBE because it would have been the hammer and people were asking not to end the day yet. It's obvious from my above post that I was against DBE and would have voted her. It's just that K7 swooped in and voted her while we were still waiting on IM.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #915 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside, I don't know everything about monty python off the top of my head. I recognized pokerface because shafted had posted "my nipples explode with delight" in the period thread after I complained that my nipples hurt. He also posted the skit of the dirty hungarian and I watched. All of that was before this game even started. SO. That's why I recognized pokerface. I didn't know who Bruce was.

Even for someone who knows a lot about monty python, they're not necessarily going to recognize every character.

Also, I don't understand how "DBE is the lynch for today... I can't see how they are both telling the truth" is wishy-washy to you.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #933 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I hope to never play a game with Chenhsi again.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #937 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Why do you think that is?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #962 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

My night action was screwed with. FYI. Would anyone like to admit it?

Also,

vote Chenhsi
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #965 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

SpyreX wrote:elvis, I already did admit to it. I taunted you.

Long reply in a bit to Gurgi
Spyrex! You naughty llama!

:x
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #966 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Wait... can we talk about what happened yesterday with IM? Didn't some people say that IM was lying about his night action or something and must therefore be scum??
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #968 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Ok I was wondering why I was the only person who thought there was something fishy.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #983 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

This is the type of stuff I was talking about when I brought up problems with the IM lynch. I was too lazy to think it through though...
SpyreX wrote:
If K7 is town:

Scenario 1: Ironman's action went through.
- Ironman's randomizer randomized to the same results K7 put in initially
Problems: The chances of that are low. How would a randomizer work with K7's role that has two "values" to it? (Would it have changed PF, Strap, both?.
- K7, actually, was RB'd.
Problems: PF saw Strap.
Secnario 2: Ironman's action did not go through.
- Ironman lied about it going through.
Problems: Why lie?
- Ironman didn't know it was blocked.
Problems: Few, in comparison. I have no idea if there is RB flavor.
I tend to think the last scenario is correct if K7 is town. I think it would make sense for IM to not realze he had been blocked. That can happen, right?

Also, I have reason to believe that I may have been blocked last night (in addition to Spyrex taunting me). And I had no notification from the mod that my action did or did not go through. So it's possible that Im assumed his action went through when in fact it had been blocked.
Spyrex wrote:
if K7 is scum:

Scenario 1: He's not lying about his power.
- K7 did exactly what he said he did.
Problems: This means IM was RB'd and either K7 is ballsy or there is another scum roleblocker (if DBE was telling the truth) and K7 knew it.
Scenario 2: He is lying about his power.
Problems: The only way this would work is if PF was also scum.

So, I'm weighing if K7 is scum (and did what he said) or if IM was blocked and didn't know it.
I tend to think scenario 1 is more probable because it WOULD be very ballsy move for two scum to confirm each other like that. It opens them up to so much trouble. Of course, WIFOM, etc.

I would like ot hear what K7 thinks happened. Especially since he has used his power for one more night he might have a better idea how it works.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1001 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:I found out I can't clear EK due to her being blocked.
There are some weird machanics to this game.
Are you sure I was blocked? It seems like the mod wouldn't confirm that sort of thing.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1004 (isolation #55) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:My night action was screwed with. FYI. Would anyone like to admit it?

Also,

vote Chenhsi
I assumed by this comment above you were blocked or taunted as I believe Spryx admitted as much.
Well I guess I'm not sure if it matters because I don't know how your role works. But I would think taunting would appear different than blocking. But... I guess it doesn't deserve arguing until such time as you need to reveal how your role works.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1038 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

strappado wrote:I miss Mirth :(
Me too. She is a good interrogator.

Also, I think I should start doing some work for this game. It is a little unfair to make farside do everything. I think not much is happeneing because we're just waiting for chenhsi to die. Atleast that's what I am doing. But I will look into others too.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1040 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:TheSweatpantsNinja

Post 3 votes IM for being silly and worthy of a BW. Post 4 talks about votes spyrex for speculating about PR (weren't others doing the same?) Post 6 calls out chensi and DBE for non contributing. ( I dont' feel at this point TSPN has a right to be pointing fingers) Looking at post 7. Why is LG scummy for his PR but not Bruce (imagine). Quick vote for DBE and wants to pursue LG tomorrow (why?). Post 10: This interaction with imagine. IDK just something (
imaginality wrote:
I also wonder whether (and again this may be bad tactics so don't hesitate to tell me if this is a silly idea) rather than lynch Bruce today and then lynch Bruce tomorrow if Bruce does turn out to be telling the truth about her role, we might be able to find out more if we let them both live tonight?
Well, there's something to that. Both their night actions are potentially confirmable.)
Post 15 Says IM is the play today (umm what happened with LG?) Post 20 did this post just contradict itself or is it me (
Anyway, Iron Man. An anti-town redirector does seem likely. We already know that scum have night abilities, Iron Man's play hasn't been at all pro-town, his ability isn't particularly pro-town, my vote will stay where it is for right now.)
Post 24. I hope the above written tells you what fluff LG was talking about.

In the end TSPN hasn't had a single opinion except LG lynch and really never has a reason why. His posting is less then thrilling and he is another one following along on the now chenhsi BW.

I'm done with my scum thoughts. I think TSPN and The internet are the scummiest. I bet my life on it.

vote: The internet
DO you mean luigi gangsta or lord gurgi?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1043 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, Muerto is not playing how I would expect him to. I was in that crazy BM cult game with him and he was posting up a storm. Here he is just sort of "out of it."
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1044 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:LG is Lord Gurgi. I used Luigi when ever I saw his name so people would not be confused.
Oh ok. Well, I didn't realize TSPN has such a vendetta against lord gurgi. And I agree that is really weird. I don't think there's a basis for that.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1046 (isolation #60) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Chenhsi does not respond to L-2. Farside, thoughts on that?

Albatross!
Nothing would surprise me about chenhsi. He is useless at best.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1085 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

imaginality wrote: elvisknits

Just one minor quibble - you said:
I never voted for DBE because it would have been the hammer and people were asking not to end the day yet.
Not true, it would only have been L-1 if you'd voted at the time of the post farside quoted (post 560).
I didn't realize that. There was some confusion with the bruce voting, I think. I knew that there were more votes on DBE than were actually showing up, and I was a little unclear exactly how many there were. People kept telling the mod that the VC was wrong and he was saying it was right. It was a little unclear.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1086 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote: 3
B
) From "You are what you eat"
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 88#1079688
Why did you say albatross then? That game was over before this started. shaft.ed had to finish that game to earn modding privaleges for this one.
I was in YAWYE and I didn't remember that LG posted albatross. I don't like that one bit.

That means that either:
1) Mod gave LG his role on purpose (aren't roles usually random?), and maybe even created that role for him (which is sort of a no-no, isn't it?)
2) Mod creating that role and giving it to LG is a BIG coincidence.
3) LG is a faker.

I guess 1 or 2 are possible, but 3 is looking awfully plausable.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1167 (isolation #63) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I have always considered a cult to be scum. Sorry, Muerto. They do not have the same win condition as the town, so I consider them scum... I mean, town needs them to die, right?

I do agree there is a difference between how they act, and how they should be treated. They're recruiting, not killing (usually). But recruiting hurts the town's numbers too.

Uh, so anyway... Muerto: why do you think spyrex is cult? What has he done to indicate that he is cult as opposed to mafia or something?

Personally, I think the cult might be a red herring. I have reason to believe that there are some of these in the game. Not sure, but I just am suspicious of it.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1171 (isolation #64) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So Muerto says he thinks spyrex is cult because he keeps saying there isn't a cult. So I went back and read spyrex to see if he was really pushing the idea that there was no cult (because I felt like muerto brought up that spyrex might be cult BEFORE spyrex really said that a cult didn't exist). I was sort of wrong. Spyrex has been saying he thinks there's no cult. But it's much more like he thinks it's unlikely, not that he's pushing the idea of a cult as impossible. So, Muerto has some point, but I don't think it's that strong.

This is an example of what spyrex was saying about a cult:

SpyreX wrote:However, I am still taking it with a grain of salt - like the tobacconist, until we have some concrete evidence (cult cop, dead cult, etc) I'm going to assume Maf / SK.
This made me think of something else --

PF -- you've mentioned several times that you're looking for the tobacoonist. Even on D1 you said you were looking for cigs. Why do you think the tobacoonist hasn't come forward? Or at least breadcrumbed to you? I am starting to think he doesn't exist. Do you think that's possible? Or do you think there might be reasons the tobacoonist isn't coming forward? (I realize this might involve role speculation, and that's not what I want to get started. You can merely say "yes, I think there might be a reason" without speculating what that reason might be. If you think it will give away important info).
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1182 (isolation #65) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SpyreX wrote: So, down the list.
1.) For you being lost, you've definitely had opinions up to this point - the "I'm confused" doesn't jive with the focus you've had on K7.
/agree... I usually think it's scummy for people to play the "confused card."
spyrex wrote: 2.) Again, since I'm apparently soo new, I decided to ask the wiki. Lets see if there's any chance of ambiguity this time: (Just posting one spot to save space)
Cults generally do not have a killing ability.
Why are you, again, lauding this (which if it is true is an exception) as the norm? I dont think at this point either of us can trust one another, so I'll ask the people this - find 5 or 10 games with cult, and see how many actually can kill OR recruit.
I know I was in BM's elementla mafia (with four cults) and the cult could either recruit or kill each night. SO that's one example. And I know Muerrto was in that game with me, so that's probably why he brought it up.

BUT I do think Muerrto has been much less helpful and involved in this game than he was in elemental mafia. Which makes me suspicious of him.

I still support a chenhsi lynch, but I am also suspicious of Muerrto for his difference in playstyle from elemental, and the arguments he is using against spyrex.

unvote; vote muerrto
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1206 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm pretty sure chenhsi is back from camp, as he posted as such in another game.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1210 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Internet wrote: Remember, Chenshi is at L-2 and has not claimed. Seeing that there are multiple people who have not yet voted that are suspicious of him, I urge them to wait until he claims (or refuses to).
Certainly.
zzzzzzzzzzz
lol...

So nobody else wants to lynch muerrto dead?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1212 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I think I know what you've said about TSPN, which I could see, but I don't remember what you said about the internet. I can go read those things and respond with my feelings.

Afterall, waiting for Chenhsi to show up seems like the stupidest thing anyone could do...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1213 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:TheSweatpantsNinja

Post 3 votes IM for being silly and worthy of a BW. Post 4 talks about votes spyrex for speculating about PR (weren't others doing the same?) Post 6 calls out chensi and DBE for non contributing. ( I dont' feel at this point TSPN has a right to be pointing fingers) Looking at post 7. Why is LG scummy for his PR but not Bruce (imagine). Quick vote for DBE and wants to pursue LG tomorrow (why?). Post 10: This interaction with imagine. IDK just something (
imaginality wrote:
I also wonder whether (and again this may be bad tactics so don't hesitate to tell me if this is a silly idea) rather than lynch Bruce today and then lynch Bruce tomorrow if Bruce does turn out to be telling the truth about her role, we might be able to find out more if we let them both live tonight?
Well, there's something to that. Both their night actions are potentially confirmable.)
Post 15 Says IM is the play today (umm what happened with LG?) Post 20 did this post just contradict itself or is it me (
Anyway, Iron Man. An anti-town redirector does seem likely. We already know that scum have night abilities, Iron Man's play hasn't been at all pro-town, his ability isn't particularly pro-town, my vote will stay where it is for right now.)
Post 24. I hope the above written tells you what fluff LG was talking about.

In the end TSPN hasn't had a single opinion except LG lynch and really never has a reason why. His posting is less then thrilling and he is another one following along on the now chenhsi BW.

I'm done with my scum thoughts. I think TSPN and The internet are the scummiest. I bet my life on it.

vote: The internet
I seem to remember TSPN saying he was talking about luigi gangsta, not lord gurgi.

Does that have any bearing on your feelings farside?

But aside from that, I do have the general feeling that TSPN has been unhelpful this game. I've played with him before. I have the feeling that he doesn't always post super much, but he's usually pretty bold and understandable, and helpful despite not being long-winded. So, not sure if I have any specific problems with him, but my sense of his playstyle is different...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1214 (isolation #70) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I'll have to look at the internet tomorrow. I had this idea that he was a replacement and that I couldn't remember who he was replacing for. So I checked the front page and found out he is not a replacement. lol. So, I'll have to look into that tomorrow since I have no idea what I'm talking about with him.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1221 (isolation #71) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Muerrto wrote:Umm... this:
elvis_knits wrote:I know I was in BM's elementla mafia (with four cults) and the cult could either recruit or kill each night. SO that's one example. And I know Muerrto was in that game with me, so that's probably why he brought it up.

BUT I do think Muerrto has been much less helpful and involved in this game than he was in elemental mafia. Which makes me suspicious of him.

I still support a chenhsi lynch, but I am also suspicious of Muerrto for his difference in playstyle from elemental, and the arguments he is using against spyrex.

unvote; vote muerrto
Is justification for this:
elvis_knits wrote:So nobody else wants to lynch muerrto dead?
How?
You haven't been posting much... there's a whole lot of nothing to point to. Most of what you have done when you have been active is argue that cult =/= scum. Unhelpful. Not scum hunting. Even by your own definition since you think spyrex is cult and that cult =/= scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1250 (isolation #72) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not sure if farside should link her video, but I do think chenhsi should link his.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1272 (isolation #73) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I googled the black knight myself to refresh my memory. Being 2 or 3 times bulletproof fits with the character since he gets his arms and leg cut off and still lives. But I think the character is much more likely to be evil than good, even though the power makes sense.

unvote; vote chenhsi
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1275 (isolation #74) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I assumed Muerrto meant mostly me since I brought up his difference in participation and was voting for him.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1276 (isolation #75) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I googled the black knight myself to refresh my memory. Being 2 or 3 times bulletproof fits with the character since he gets his arms and leg cut off and still lives. But I think the character is much more likely to be evil than good, even though the power makes sense.

unvote; vote chenhsi
No body hammer just yet since I and some other still have more to say.

Also I don't think someone's character being Bad is a valid reason to lynch them. I have played in games were the main here was scum and the villian was town so we should not look for lynches with respect to that.

In Clerks Mafia the Main character's helpful yet misguided sidekick was an SK, and I heard tales of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mafia having Buffy as an SK. Good guys can be bad and vice versa. Chenshi should be lynched for his overall scummy play, not his character.
It's not just his claim. I was voting him for most of the day before he claimed. But since his character seems bad and his power sounds like and SK, I see no reason to let him live.

I believe he's now L-2 with my vote.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1325 (isolation #76) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I do think that including a scummy person (Chenhsi) on your scum list, but never actually putting them to the top is pretty scummy. It's like distancing without having to buss them.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1342 (isolation #77) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

About the kill on spyrex...

Maybe someone whith a better understanding of how his role works can help me. I think PF seemed to understand it pretty well.

Is there any way of knowing if Spyrex died because he was targetted or because he targetted a scum, drawing their kill? Is there any use speculating, or is it something we can't know?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1344 (isolation #78) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I realized that I think that the most likely person in either case (Spyrex targetting him or him targetting spyrex) is the same person: Muerrto.

Think about it. Muerrto thought Spyrex was cult. If Muerrto is mafia, he wants to get rid of the cult ASAP. So he wants to kill Spyrex. Also, Spyrex was voting Muerrto yesterday at some point, I think. Which would make Muerrto want to eliminate him. Muerrto had the most reason of anyone to want Spyrex dead.

BUT ALSO, Muerrto would make sense as Spyrex's choice to target last night since he was suspicious of Muerrto.

Either way, I think Muerrto makes the most sense as the person most likely to target spyrex, or the person Spyrex was most likely to target.

vote muerrto
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1348 (isolation #79) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:This is your last statement in regards to chenshi's lynch.
The Internet wrote:Seeing whats happened so far, I think it is adviseable to lynch chenshi today. However, he is at L-1, and though he is the best candidate for lynching, I feel that he has not dropped any major scumtells and not that many monor ones, so I'm not comfortable hammering him.
Wishy washy at best. My vote stands.
Farside...

I think your point about having someone on your scum list but never at the top and voting them is valid. But don't you think scum might as well hammer their buddy if they're L-1? I mean, it's not as if they can prevent the lynch at that point. I know it's WIFOM, but I really think scum would try to be the hammer or be on the wagon if they knew they could not prevent the lynch.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1374 (isolation #80) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

unvote muerrto
since strappado says spyrex didn't visit muerrto. Makes my idea much less plausable.

I'm thinking I should claim first, now, and the rest of you might not have to go through with a mass claim because I think my role and information that I have will shed some light on the situation, and possibly change some of your ideas.

Should I go ahead?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1376 (isolation #81) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I will claim but first I want to see if anyone will admit to roleblocking me for the last 2 nights.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1378 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Actually that's probably a bad idea since it might out someone who hasn't claimed. I'll claim tomorrow when I have time to write everything up.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1395 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am going to claim. It's perhaps stupid for me to do so. I'm still not really sure I should, but I think it's the best chance for the town to win, and I am hoping I can win with them.

Please read this whole post before judging me.

I am Sir Lancelot. I can win with any group (scum, town, cult if we have one). So in that sense I am sort of a survivor role. BUT. And this is a big but (lol), my win condition is that I kill all members of the wedding party. Which makes me sort of SKish, TBH.

So I gather that farside is a member of the wedding party and that I have to kill her to win. I'm not sure there actually are any other members of the wedding party. For a while I thought there were NO members of the wedding party, and it was all a red herring, since nobody had died from the wedding party or been lynched or claimed (and we've had quite a few claims already). Also, since PF doesn't seem to have a tobaccoonist. And possibly because there may be no cult.

Personally, I think that there would have been some cult death by now if we have a cult. Another point about a cult, if it exists, it may not be that strong. In most cult games, there are quite a few roles that can't be culted or can prevent cultification, which hampers the cult quite a bit. So I doubt they would be at a maximum right now. I think it would be more likely for them to succeed culting about 50% of the time.

Before I realized that farside is a person I have to kill, I thought my win condition was a red herring. And that I had already won if no members of the wedding party existed. So I was trying to help the town by targetting people I thought were scummy. I was trying to act as vig. For the fun of it.

ANYWAY... My night actions -- I killed luigi gangsta N1... I thought he was scummy. I was voting him D1, and farside even was suspicious about me putting the kill through. She was right. I killed him.
I tried to kill Chenhsi N2, but that didn't work since I was targetted by Spyrex. I tried to kill Muerrto last night, and obviously that didn't work.

SOOOO... I think I was roleblocked N2 in addition to Spyrex targetting me, since Spyrex didn't die. I *think* he should have died otherwise (maybe PF can confirm this as he seems to grasp the role well).

I also think I was roleblocked last night since Muerrto didn't die. Unless the fact that Strappado says she saw me actually visit Muerrto means I was not blocked (anyone know how the results would change for strappado if I was blocked or not? Would se see me at all if I was blocked?). If I was not blocked last night, that means Muerrto is NK immune. I guess that could be a few different things. The ones I have thought of are bulletproof town of some sort, or GF with NK immunity, or cult recruiter with NK immunity.

I guess what I propose to the town is that you leave me alive and use me as vig. I will do my best to continue to act as vig, and take suggestions/direction from the town. I promise I won't try to kill farside until a later time that we agree upon. It would be fairly easy for you to hold me to this promise as you can just lynch me at any time.

Farside would have to agree to this too, which she may not. lol. But I think she can still win with the town even if dead, so I'm hoping she will agree. If her win condition is that she successfully hides from me or something, and my plan violates her win condition, then I have severely miscalculated and am screwed. I may go down in history as the stupidest person to play mafia no matter what happens here...

But I think the town should at least consider using me as vig since we may have a cult. You may need me.

And now, let the arguing begin!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1398 (isolation #84) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:hmm... It would appear you are a Hunter Variant Role then.
An extremely rare role I only see once before.

Regular Hunter Roles are lynchers that also have the power to vig. If their "prey" is killed by them or lynched their win condition is fufilled.
My win condition is actually that I NK the wedding party. Lynching will not work.

There is nothing in my role pm calling me a hunter or anything like that. Only my role name and how I work.
@Elvis,
if your prey (Farside supposedly) dies and then later you die, do you still win overall despite whether town, cult, or mafia wins at the end?
Yes. My only win condition is that I NK the wedding party. Whoever wins overall will not prevent me from winning. And my death will not prevent me from winning. So I guess when I said I am like a survivor before I misspoke. I don't have to survive to win. But I can win with any group. I asked the mod about that.

You may be worried that I am going to screw you and kill farside and then say "I've won, I don't have to do what you say." But since farside says she's "hard to find," I assume she's a hider and can evade me. So I really can't kill her and screw you. She has to agree to this whole plan. And I can't easily back out of the deal with you.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1400 (isolation #85) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

No, I have to kill farside to win.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1402 (isolation #86) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
@Elvis,
question 3
If Farside does not die and is instead endgamed by the scum, do you win?
I don't think I would win if scum kill her. I think I have to kill her.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1406 (isolation #87) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I have the option of killing every night. It is not required.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1414 (isolation #88) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Azimuth wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I have the option of killing every night. It is not required.
In that case, if I were you I would not try to kill anyone else, if it doesn't fit the win condition. I would even be suspicious of anyone who tried to get you to kill someone as a "vig"; you have no real reason to trust most of us, I imagine.

I suppose I can't expect you not to try to kill farside22, although since she revealed herself yesterday I wonder why you didn't try to kill her last night instead of Muerrto.

Another troubling thought: someone with your capabilities would be quite attractive to a cult recruiter, assuming you haven't been recruited already.
I didn't try to kill farside last night because of a few reasons. 1)She said "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger" which made me think that going after her directly might be bad for me. 2) I felt like she had the wrong idea about me, as she was saying she is looking for an SK. I'm not really an SK. I only need to kill the wedding party, and I can win with other groups. 3)Until I learned more about farside, I figured I would keep bumping off people I thought were anti-town or a threat to me.

One of the reasons I am volunteering to keep using my ability according to the "town's" wishes is because I thought this might make mafia/cult refrain from killing me if they think they have a chance of manipulating how the town directs my kill. So in that sense, it's purely to help me stay alive. But I figure it still gives pro-town players a fighting chance, especially if you trust my judgement and believe I am trying to act in a pro-town way.

I'm not sure I am attractive to a cult recruiter now since the town might decide that I shouldn't even submit a kill. If that happens, I am not helpful to a cult. And if I kill when I'm not supposed to, I will probably be lynched, so that's not what a cult wants either. I'd also argue that if I was already culted, I would not have claimed like this.

I also don't know if I am recruitable or not. I know from elemental mafia that not all roles are always recruitable. Though in this game, all roles may be recruitable. I don't know.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1415 (isolation #89) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Something just occurred to me. As soon as farside gets back, I need to know what she meant by "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger."
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1419 (isolation #90) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:19 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not an SK. I fail to see how I am worse than an SK.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1420 (isolation #91) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Muerrto wrote: 2. You didn't target Farside last night even though you sound like you know the movie and Farside said she had to 'avoid an overzealous knight'? I'm calling BS on that. Glad you targetted me though.
I explained why I didn't target farside. You seem to accept that I targetted you. So what are you saying is BS?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1422 (isolation #92) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I can win with any group, so I'm not a threat to them. That's what's good about me.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1474 (isolation #93) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I never targetted you farside. The night spyrex targetted me, I tried to kill chenhsi. I think I was RBed because Spyrex didn't die.

About massclaim, I think it's fine. I don't really see why we're doing it now though. I'm most interested to hear why muerrto didn't die last night, but he says he can't claim.

About me killing tonight -- how many people agree with azimuth -- that they want me to refrain from killing? I'll go either way. I said I would roll with the consensus.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1492 (isolation #94) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought Muerrto said he would be modkilled if he claimed.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1507 (isolation #95) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't like this God claim. First of all because you would think God would be more powerful. Second, and maybe more importantly, because The spanish inquisition was about religion and God (misguided, but still). So I see a relationship to the other scum role of the spanish inquisition.

I also am not a fan of people who say "everyone voting me is scum (or cult)." We don't even know if there is a cult and azimuth seems to just be using it as a scare tactic. Makes me want to vote him. I'll hold off I guess for the sake of letting people react to his claim. Otherwise putting him L-1 will probably result in K7 hammer at any time.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1508 (isolation #96) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:I don't see God as a RB. Probably he through that out there since Elvis admitted to be RB.
Good call.

Or maybe he's scum RB, and actually did RB me.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1544 (isolation #97) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

At one point I was convinced the cult was a ruse since I didn't think farside existed and also that I didn't think a tobacconist existed. Since farside and muerrto have proven that wrong, I do agree that a cult is a very real possibility.

The odds are they are not at full power -- but I guess it's possible. BM's cult game showed how hard it is for cults to recruit. Also, I was in CKD's cult mini, and BM failed to make any recruits as recruiter and he lived until endgame. So, it can be very hard for a cult recruiter. If the cult recruiter in this game has been successful every night and managed for no recruits or himself to be lynched or NKed, then he/she is the best recruiter ever.

Having said all that, I plan to kill tonight. I will target someone who I feel is scummy (weighted more toward getting a cultist, OBV). I will take into account any suggestions that have been made. So far, the suggestions jive with my own feelings, so that's not hard for me to go with.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1900 (isolation #98) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Great game shaft.ed! Thanks for the fun!

I'm not sure I did the right thing by claiming that I was a killing role and offering to act as vig for the town. Not sure why that seemed like a good idea at the time... lol. I really did mean it though... as I tried to kill muerrto and killed tspn. Also, the night I died, I almost targetted LG, which would have also killed farside and made me fulfill my win condition. DOH! That's the only part I am bitter about -- that I almost killed LG and farside, but chose not to! I also thought mafia wouldn't kill me since more death usually benefits mafia. I was wrong!

I think I mostly thought claiming would let me live longer and I wanted to continue killing even if it was technically not fulfilling my win condition. Killing is just so fun... ah the power!

Good game all!

farside - I thought it was funny how we were on opposite sides but were sort of working together... :)

PF - Alpaca sandwich was a good time! :)
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”