mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Okay, caught up.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 676, Auro wrote:
In post 653, OkaPoka wrote:i also dont think eddie's no reads take is a hottake because i truly believe that nothing said so far is actually AI unless you tinfoil it a bit
yeah and Dann is bending over his back to explain reads on people, scummy
oh yeah this is just me as well
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 am

Post by OkaPoka »

SS pushing reads is scummy tbh xd
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 457, Auro wrote:
In post 442, Dannflor wrote:Also I think you had a fairly sizable impact on the game considering you drew a nightkill over a claimed cop
Because Pink Ball thought I would solve the game if left alive lol, not because of anything I already did by that point :P
This was one post where it felt like you were intentionally missing the point in favor of scoring points (heh). Like, you were trying to argue that you were a non-presence in Krazy's game so I had less evidence for my meta read on you, but I obviously didn't perceive it that way. From my perspective you were vastly underselling your presence in that game (you had all the scum basically in your PoE when we killed you), and this quip just felt to me at the time like you could be intentionally misunderstanding me?

But it's probably more likely we just have very different perspectives on that game.
In post 529, Auro wrote:I do tend to treat everyone as town when I talk to them usually.
This was right after me and EC commented on a post from Comical that I thought was potentially TMIing clidd town. Again, this is the sort of thing where you're technically correct! But on the other hand, you would assume EC and I would both know this, and we have a deeper reason for finding this particular instance of treating someone as town scummy, right? But here you take the surface value statement and rebutt it in a way that doesn't seem that productive. You're not asking for a deeper reason or even particularly trying to challenge either of us; you're just being "right" in a way that doesn't move discussion forward in a way as much as I'd come to expect from town!you.
In post 634, Auro wrote:
In post 633, Dannflor wrote:I don't think that's gonna help you read me
Why so? My assessment of whether your Comical read is made-up or not will heavily depend on who you think he is.
And then here, the identity of Comical felt to me like a very inconsequential detail when it came to the read. But it felt like the sort of busy-work type thing scum latches on to so they can look productive when there's a wealth of other content that could be produced. Also, this could just be a difference in playstyle/how we viewed the read. But hopefully that explains why I felt your play was erring closer to busywork at points.

I think a lot of it may come down to me, however. My temperament has been shorter this game and I think I found myself less willing to engage with questions that I felt were wasteful. Indeed, these should have been things I brought up at the time if I was putting full energy into this game from the start.

I do town read you now. It's by no means close to my WF level of town read on you, however. I think you've displayed a remarkable amount of self-awareness (in your self-hammer and in your general playstyle) that makes me cautious, especially since I've never seen you play scum before.

let me know if you have any other questions
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1331, Something_Smart wrote:Pine wagon was godawful
Why?

I'm not too mad at the wagon in retrospect.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:17 am

Because he didn't have a chance to say anything, and most of the people on the wagon (probably) weren't intending for it to lead to a lynch, so basically no information was gained from it except about Comical and Eddie.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:18 am

Post by OkaPoka »

I think rcenigmas rxn is scum indicative
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

Why is Luna town?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

I also think RCE is more likely to be scum out of the Comical/RCE duo, if one of them is indeed scum

I think Eddie Cane is going to hit me with a shoe for saying that though
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Hectic couple of days. Around a bit now so I'll catch up.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1357, Dannflor wrote:Why is Luna town?
yes...same question.
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:33 am

In post 1357, Dannflor wrote:Why is Luna town?
Contrarianism in and , being secretive in , taunting in and , immediate VT claim () at the request of a single person, jumping right into a 1v1 with a PR claim in , and being defeatist in and .

Most of this stuff is alienating and prone to attracting negative attention. It's an extremely weird and self-destructive way to play as scum, as you'd basically have to be banking on someone making this type of argument.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:36 am

Post by OkaPoka »

New avatar new SS?

This is some Gentleman SS
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:37 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1179, Auro wrote:
In post 1174, Eddie Cane wrote:Also, I think having Comical as the townier of the gunsmiths is absurd. Especially with him being your top town and RCE being a scum lean.
I think it's pretty clear I have experience with Comical. In fact, I've recently (correctly) lock-towned Comical as town almost immediately after repping in midway.
It's absurd that you haven't accounted for this possibility, let alone recognize that I have meta.
And interesting you didn't prod me further on reasons I'm townreading Comical.

BTW, I reviewed RCE a couple hours ago and bumped him up to above null.
OkaPoka wrote:AURO DO YOU PROMISE WE CAN RESOLVE THIS IF YOU PROMISE YOU ARE NOT DOCTOR
I promise - now what? :P
Well what was the pre-review reason for your scumread and what changed that you now aren't able to sort me outside of my claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:38 am

In post 1362, OkaPoka wrote:New avatar new SS?
Not really? That has always been my favorite kind of read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:39 am

RCE, is it within your scumrange to pretend to forget that gunsmith has a gun?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:39 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Stylistically this is not my impression of you
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1183, Auro wrote:I misread cult!RCE as town just recently in a game where I was trying to lynch cult.
While true. My 3rd party play is leaps and bounds better than my scum play. Compare like, OK2 to any game I've rolled scum. FL can confirm.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 am

May be that I've been scum or PR in most of the recent games we've played. :P
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1365, Something_Smart wrote:RCE, is it within your scumrange to pretend to forget that gunsmith has a gun?
It would be dishonest to say yes. It's a mechanics thing and I wouldn't have that info as either alignment. I've never rolled GS before.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Auro »

@Dann cool, but you're taking slightly off-hand statements I throw out and reading too much into them. Like at that point of time I wasn't playing as critically/carefully as you'd expect and I said so as well :P
Fair enough.

One thing, though - were/are you not curious how my question of your Comical identity read helps me assess your Comical alignment read? If something felt inconsequential to me enough to bother me I'd probably challenge it - so why aren't you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:42 am

In post 1369, RCEnigma wrote:It would be dishonest to say yes. It's a mechanics thing and I wouldn't have that info as either alignment. I've never rolled GS before.
But you didn't read up on how your role worked when you rolled it this game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:42 am

In post 1369, RCEnigma wrote:It would be dishonest to say yes. It's a mechanics thing and I wouldn't have that info as either alignment. I've never rolled GS before.
But you didn't read up on how your role worked when you rolled it this game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:43 am

Oh shit, I'm turning into RC. :oops:
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1363, RCEnigma wrote:Well what was the pre-review reason for your scumread and what changed that you now aren't able to sort me outside of my claim?
I recall: attempted deflection of my Alch 1v1, "math" of pushing in wagon and wanting to lynch in a wagon pool that didn't have Eddie.
The game that just finished? :P And I checked to see your claim was fast enough in interactions with FL; your misinterpretation of being followed seems genuine (although you may not have performed the kill as Mafia in which case it would be the same). So, meh

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”