Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 271, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 269, Adorable wrote:
In post 259, Team STRQ wrote:
Adorable
, why is this head voting multiple people scum-indicative? If you think we've all voted town at this point, look at our votes so far and tell us why you believe our vote is on town.
I didn't like your vote on Chronos and on me because they lacked reasoning. I did not like how mastina did an omgus vote on me and you sheeped her on the omgus which looked off. The players you have voted so far I haven't gotten any scum vibes from them.
Our vote on Chronos had solid reasoning. We've explained the reasons for it before. As far as I'm aware, mastina's vote on you was very much based on the reasoning I mentioned in my previous post about why your response to her was remarkably scummy in addition to her stated reason for voting you when she posted it.
You, on the other hand, hold several other players this game to a standard you don't hold yourself to and seem to be using this to push an advantage as scum.
Your vote on us this game was remarkably opportunistic and OMGUS-y.
Your memory this game has been ridiculously selective and you've managed to completely miss many posts this game that completely counter the points you're trying to make, and you seem to intend to maintain a facade of naivete so that other players will defend your hurt feelings. You seem to use the empathy other players appear to feel for you to your advantage to avoid getting pushed for your garbage play as scum.
You have repeatedly taken posts out of context and ignored other posts while asking questions like the ones above this one where you make an untrue implication and follow it up with statements (in the same paragraph) that are hardly related to the source material in attempts to make it appear like you have some form of argument when it is clear you do not. You seem to do this to take advantage of the fact that most players this game seem to be basing reads on their feelings, their guts, and their ability (or lack thereof) to skim.
There is no recognizable progression in your cognitive process, you often hide behind the fact that "you've asked questions," but most of these appear to be rhetorical in nature -- you're putting question marks on statements to appear as if you're not in the informed minority.
You have far too high a post count to have added nothing to the game other than your "hurt feelings" which you seem to be feigning to refute any attempt to actually communicate or approach you.
You have yet to provide any solid reasoning for any of your reads
Your two votes have been on two of the more competent town players this game by your own account, which makes them far less risky as far as associative tells - clearing someone you don't intend to or implicating someone you don't intend to - which is something I'd expect from newb scum
I see very little reason to town read you and I can't even attempt to try and take your stance to see where you're coming from as town, because you seem to intentionally fail to provide any relatable stance in the thread to begin with.
You seem to have a remarkable amount of confidence and I'd like you to realize that you're on pretty thin ice right now. If for some reason I'm wrong on you (and I very highly doubt this), I recommend attempting to approach the thread in a significantly more transparent manner, because as things are shaping up at the moment, you will be the end of day lynch.
In post 270, eyestott wrote:
In post 259, Team STRQ wrote:Eyestott, I agree with the assessment that you've been present but not doing much at all. Why isn't this suspicious of you?
I promise, all will be answered before the end of the day, so do please bear with me. I have a plan. Do you think you have any idea what I'm trying to do, Tai (or anyone in STRQ, or really anyone in general)? This is a very important question to me. If you do, don't actually say, please. Just need some confirmation.
In the meantime, here is my favourite vineImage
Reads coming soon.
I'm town reading you. ;)

-Raven.
I will tell you a little bit more about me. When you vote someone you need to put the explanation together with the vote. If you don't do this and put it on another post then it will be very easy for me to miss it. mastina's vote on me was just based on me which looked like I am not playing like my town meta thinking I am newb scum and this is a really bad reason to scum read someone since everyone approaches games differently and you can't expect a town player to play the same in another game they play as town.

I voted mastina since I scum read her and then she did an omgus and voted me back. You said you gave the same reasoning as mastina when mastina's reasoning looked like I was not playing the same in my town games. My scum hunting is very different and unique. If I see a vote that I disagree with or a vote with no reasoning, then I will start to scum read that player and my grammar is not good since you say I look like as if I am maintaining the facade of naivete. Due to my lack of grammar I have been struggling on understanding some of your posts and I have been responding to as many posts that were responding back to me.

You say that my two votes have been on the competitive town and how am I supposed to know everyone's alignment? I am doing the best I can with my scum hunting and I am also known as a chaotic town player. My chaotic town play is actually good for me because I sometimes manage to lure scum to vote me. You need to understand where I come from. You have been calling me newb scum and Egix literally exposed me by looking at my background saying I am not a new player. I am not a new player and I have been playing mafia for 2 years and I am from another mafia forum.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 275, Adorable wrote:I will tell you a little bit more about me. When you vote someone you need to put the explanation together with the vote.
No. I don't. Neither does anyone else.
If you don't do this and put it on another post then it will be very easy for me to miss it.
Recommend reading the entire game. This isn't an excuse in the slightest, and only serves to further my argument by cementing your agreement that you only respond to select materials, whatever suits you the best.
mastina's vote on me was just based on me which looked like I am not playing like my town meta thinking I am newb scum and this is a really bad reason to scum read someone since everyone approaches games differently and you can't expect a town player to play the same in another game they play as town.
This is a somewhat fair point, although I will rebut that mastina has read multiple games of yours before, and there's a difference between "I've played with this person before, therefore I understand how they play as both alignments," and "I have read this person's games and attempted to understand where they come from, and I don't see this coming from them as town."
I voted mastina since I scum read her and then she did an omgus and voted me back.
The reasoning is debatable.
You said you gave the same reasoning as mastina when mastina's reasoning looked like I was not playing the same in my town games.
No. I said my reasoning was partially backed by that of mastina.
My scum hunting is very different and unique.
No, it isn't. Your "style" is in fact quite common among newer players and players who still don't fully understand what's happening or how the game works.
If I see a vote that I disagree with or a vote with no reasoning, then I will start to scum read that player
The part you're missing to reach a level of competence is to search for an answer to your questions instead of leaping to conclusions.
and my grammar is not good
This is irrelevant
since you say I look like as if I am maintaining the facade of naivete.
You are, and you've admitted to it earlier in this post.
Due to my lack of grammar I have been struggling on understanding some of your posts
Then say so.
and I have been responding to as many posts that were responding back to me.
No, you haven't. I even quoted my posts back to you and you again failed to respond to them, but the one that was favorable for you you just happened to quote, even though it was immediately beneath another post of mine that I have requested twice your response to.
You say that my two votes have been on the competitive town and how am I supposed to know everyone's alignment?
This furthers my evidence for your facade of naivete.
I am doing the best I can with my scum hunting and I am also known as a chaotic town player.
This is an excuse for bad play.
My chaotic town play is actually good for me because I sometimes manage to lure scum to vote me.
This is only good if you can pinpoint how and why it is happening. Since all you've managed to do is throw mafia terms at a wall and hope something sticks while you consistently vote for the player that makes you the most uncomfortable (whether it be due to the strength with which they are town read or the difficulty they give you going forward) I highly doubt there is any cognizance or intent to your "process."
You need to understand where I come from. You have been calling me newb scum and Egix literally exposed me by looking at my background saying I am not a new player. I am not a new player and I have been playing mafia for 2 years and I am from another mafia forum.
You come from nowhere different from anyone else on this site. Everyone here came from another site or from no experience whatsoever. I don't care how long you've been playing mafia, I've met players who've played for far longer than you and still played like newbscum and newbtown; both of which are expressions of competence, not time spent playing (though the two often correlate).
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

Stop spouting excuses and play the game. This looks like a reads list, follow up questions to the ones you've already asked, responses to the questions legitimately asked to you, a re-read through of the game if necessary, and an intentional strategy going forward.

-Raven.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

I will say one more thing for the time being.

I am not saying the things I say about you with the intent of hurting you. You started talking about why the reasons presented are not reasons to scum read you in particular. That you have some certain approach I have not seen before. I assure you that I have. That your approach is very familiar to me. That you might think that I am scum reading people the same way most new players or players who do not actually understand yet seem to think that solid scum reads are attained - by repeatedly applying the long list of mafia lingo to a play style and when the appropriate words match the play of the player in question, the common understanding of the words are used to apply the alignment. This isn't the case. I am scum reading you (and my scum read on you is solid) because I can put myself in your shoes and when I do the most likely approach that is explained by actions such as yours is one of a nervous scum player. I make the comments about your style - dispute your description of your play - because what you've presented me with makes you more likely scum than town.

-Raven
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 246, EspressoPatronum wrote:Regarding the second half. Is your meta/archetype read based on this game alone, or have you played other games with Egix?
The archetype read is data collected over a large number of games, Egix fits the mindset of a scum lurker. I may or may not have played games with Egix, but that isn't really a factor that I'm taking into account much.

I'm doing what is called mindset analysis, mostly how town players think as opposed to scum players, on the premise that town don't have TMI and scum do.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 252, Team STRQ wrote:Like pretty much nothing Chronos tried to say about Egix was true unless you took the most conservatively scummy point of view and assumed that everything he did came from scum, which is a tactic that any player can (and should) use as scum, and often loses town games in LyLo as town players doubt their strongest town read despite their town-oriented actions because "scum can and will do anything."

-Raven
Quoting this for later
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 251, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 246, EspressoPatronum wrote:I completely agree with the first half of this.
How?

Egix's post is very obviously not commenting on Chronos' post in the slightest
Your opening post was remarkably self-conscious, and Egix pointed that out. There's nothing scummy about that.
Chronos' content regarding Egix is almost as misrepresentative as her content regarding us. She maintains a constant worried awareness of her actions, which seem to be oriented towards not looking like she is what she feels like she is.

-Raven
This slot still has to point out where I have misrepresented their point of view.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 266, alimdia wrote:
In post 227, Chronos wrote:
In post 223, alimdia wrote:Er Chronos your reasoning for Adorable being 'not wolf' is kinda off. Since it seems like its based off WIFOMing (kinda)
Fair game, it's all anecdotal anyway. Can't really help you with that, I just wanted it to be out there.

There are certainly other slots more worthy of lynching based on their actual content right now, so I'd rather wait in case Adorable is actually town that wanted to make a spectacular entrance and push.
In post 228, Chronos wrote:Ok, truth be told, I'm not that confident in my Adorable read and could be wrong, but I'd just not want them to die today so I have more time sorting them.
idk why but these sequence of posts kinda pings me :P

Hey look, I'm slightly throwing shade at my town read :eek:

Doesn't mean Adorable is off the hook though...
I'm saying I don't necessarily town read the slot but I wouldn't want them lynched today, I want them to keep posting so I can get a better read on them.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 252, Team STRQ wrote:Like pretty much nothing Chronos tried to say about Egix was true unless you took the most conservatively scummy point of view and assumed that everything he did came from scum, which is a tactic that any player can (and should) use as scum, and often loses town games in LyLo as town players doubt their strongest town read despite their town-oriented actions because "scum can and will do anything."

-Raven
<citation needed>
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Post by Chronos »

STRQ's has done nothing of value this game except for discrediting anything I say, WITHOUT ACTUALLY PROVIDING INSTANCES WHERE I HAVE DONE WHAT THEY CLAIMED I HAVE - Misrepresent, misinterpret.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Team STRQ »

This 1v1 is over.

-Summer
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Team STRQ »

VOTE: eyestott

I have no opinion on you and don't remember anything you've said this game so far. Anything to say about that?

-Summer
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 am

Post by alimdia »

-Raven
What about what I said about Egix?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 am

Post by alimdia »

Yes this wagon pls

VOTE: eyestott

As per his request, I will not mention the thing he told me not to mention, but I am voting him because of it.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Chronos »

Ali, can you tell me what you thought I town read you for?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:46 am

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.6Team STRQ (3) - Rabid Schnauzer, Adorable, Titus
Egix96 (2) - Chronos, EspressoPatronum
Adorable (2) - mastina, eyestott
eyestott (2) - Team STRQ, alimdia
Chronos (1) - BP
EspressoPatronum (1) - Egix96

Not voting: BSG, Shadowlesscloud

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2020-04-02 21:40:44) or when a lynch is reached.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Sujimichi replaces BSG
time will end
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Hey everyone! I will catch up shortly.
Limited Access on Weekends
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I am caught up. I believe mastina to be Town. I also believe Team STRQ to be Town though with a lesser degree of confidence.
Limited Access on Weekends
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:14 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Churros replaces Shadowlesscloud
time will end
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Churros »

VOTE: eyesott

Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Churros »

There was a lot of...words, and I didn't parse everything yet (I'll re:read the game at some point), but from my skim I came up with

[Chronos]
[Adorable]
[Everyone else] - null
[Eyesott]

I felt eyesott posting was forced and when I did properly ISO him I only saw filler or posts that came off as trying to look busy. I'm quite happy with those reads.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Churros »

Mastina can you howl again?

I like the sound of nature.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Churros »

I don't usually explain town reads but I feel like I'm going to mostly work with those two (I don't think I'm going to get confident town reads on anyone else in this playerlist, I don't vibe well here) therefore properly explaining it for once might be the way to go.

The main reason I'm TR'ing both slots is that I feel both actively invested in solving the game, in a way that it's not just a "solvy post to look busy".Chronos's posts come off as very engrossed in the game and his long posts don't feel like the classic scum writing a lot of redundant things to make posts bigger. His words have purpose.

Adorable seems actively solving the game and I distinctly remember that being huge town points for him, because his scum meta is being rather lackluster as far as I know. It would be something null for most players but I TR him for it.

Adorable/Chronos, give eyesott ISO a glance. Not interested? I've really not a grasp of the game and skipped around 60% of the posts in my skim, but I feel good about my SR on him regardless of anything else.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Churros »

That's it from me for now. Gonna properly catch up...later.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”