mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2795, Auro wrote:So I was driving you crazy just because I scumread you and would case you later?
You drove me crazy because you completely refused to understand my issue with you waiting to post your case. It's like you didn't even read what I was posting.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2798, OkaPoka wrote:a vote on eddie cane

what kind of question is that
Huh. I thought it was a part of trying to form a read on me, not manipulation to try and lynch Eddie.

I think Eddie is town. Please show me not just why he's scum, but why he's the best lynch for today.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2799, Auro wrote:
In post 2794, northsidegal wrote:meh. i don't like turning things too much into the nsg show where i talk about myself a ton, but sure i guess.
I promise I won't engage on that. I'm okay with just hearing what you think.
Spoiler: because auro asked
in the first place i've read almost all of the game chronologically, which i'm not sure i've ever done as scum replacing in.

the research i've done into schadd's mod meta and previous designs is something that i would never have done as scum, and if i did any setup spec at all it would be in the mafia PT and not in the main thread.

you don't know for certain that i actually did this and didn't just say i did, but i would never check eddie and FL's rate of how often they kill PRs when they're scum if i was scum.

i've taken notes when catching up this game, which i have never done as scum before. i haven't posted them for two reasons: one, because i think some people would consider it unsporting, and two, because i don't think it's necessary to do that kind of thing to get myself townread.

i wouldn't townread oka or luna if i were scum. there are plenty of instances of games i've played with oka where i've made it clear that i find him difficult to read such that there would be no reason for me to take some post entirely overlooked by the rest of the game and hold it up as proof of him being locktown. this may not be convincing, but i think it is true. luna i have enough knowledge of to know that i probably could not pocket her if i tried, and the reasoning for my townread on her does not make me look good enough to warrant it as a strategic decision.

there's probably more, but meh.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2800, Alchemist21 wrote:You drove me crazy because you completely refused to understand my issue with you waiting to post your case. It's like you didn't even read what I was posting.
I recall acknowledging your issue - that town would swing towards you if I cased you last minute, and I also recall explaining that that shouldn't be a problem. I also recall saying that I could change my read on you as the game progresses and you engaged with other slots, meaning I don't do a last minute case.

How is this a refusal of understanding?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2801, Auro wrote:
In post 2798, OkaPoka wrote:a vote on eddie cane

what kind of question is that
Huh. I thought it was a part of trying to form a read on me, not manipulation to try and lynch Eddie.

I think Eddie is town. Please show me not just why he's scum, but why he's the best lynch for today.
he's trolling until he gets wagoned and he gets very serious and then he goes back to trolling
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Auro »

Thanks, NSG. :D
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2804, OkaPoka wrote:he's trolling until he gets wagoned and he gets very serious and then he goes back to trolling
When you say "back to trolling", are you saying there's 0 serious/useful content? Because I don't believe that's the case.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

as much as eddie says he doesn't care about this game though and as much as he says lynching him is a favor to him

his shift in tone as soon as he gets wagoned says a lot more and frankly the time for him to carrypants as town was a long time ago
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2803, Auro wrote:
In post 2800, Alchemist21 wrote:You drove me crazy because you completely refused to understand my issue with you waiting to post your case. It's like you didn't even read what I was posting.
I recall acknowledging your issue - that town would swing towards you if I cased you last minute, and I also recall explaining that that shouldn't be a problem. I also recall saying that I could change my read on you as the game progresses and you engaged with other slots, meaning I don't do a last minute case.

How is this a refusal of understanding?
The half of the issue you're still not acknowledging is that waiting until the last minute could result in people not unvoting me because of deadline pressure and that's why you waiting is a problem, and you responded with the idea that
you
might change your mind on me and that's what I was trying to achieve when it was not because it was never your vote that worried me, it was everyone else not caring enough to change their votes near Deadline.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Auro »

The tonal change is something I'd absolutely expect from town having, or trying to have fun. I feel like there was a tonal change from you upon being wagoned, too.

I also believe that it's an incorrect assessment that he stopped playing seriously after the wagon stopped.

I think I asked some other stuff I haven't gotten responses to, will collect them later.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah im not saying tonal changes are scummy

im saying his specific tonal change indicates scummy mentality

like you know ive always cared about this game and am survivalistic

eddie is just playing the game of "im not survivalistic lol" and then once he gets wagon'd suddenly he goes to town on how much he is town and look at me im so town? im not buying that
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2810, Auro wrote:The tonal change is something I'd absolutely expect from town having, or trying to have fun. I feel like there was a tonal change from you upon being wagoned, too.

I also believe that it's an incorrect assessment that he stopped playing seriously after the wagon stopped.
This we can agree on. Almost everyone gets different when they're being wagoned.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Auro »

Alchemist, I acknowledge that waiting till the last minute to case, if everyone's voting for you because of the case, is bad. When I say waiting, why assume that I'm waiting for deadline and not any other point of the day?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2810, Auro wrote:I also believe that it's an incorrect assessment that he stopped playing seriously after the wagon stopped.
It's certainly the case that he stopped tryharding.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

maybe ballooning to 113 pages was a bad idea if we wanted to get a replacement anytime soon
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2811, OkaPoka wrote:eddie is just playing the game of "im not survivalistic lol" and then once he gets wagon'd suddenly he goes to town on how much he is town and look at me im so town? im not buying that
Unless you have some Eddie meta on this I don't see this as a scumtell. Some people just do that.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2811, OkaPoka wrote:im saying his specific tonal change indicates scummy mentality

eddie is just playing the game of "im not survivalistic lol" and then once he gets wagon'd suddenly he goes to town on how much he is town and look at me im so town? im not buying that
That feels like a very surface level read to form for Eddie, Oka.
Having-fun Eddie still recognizes the basic duty of avoiding being a mislynch. He acknowledged that explicitly.

Also, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, no? You were still pushing for his lynch when he wasn't playing to survival at lynch range.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2814, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2810, Auro wrote:I also believe that it's an incorrect assessment that he stopped playing seriously after the wagon stopped.
I wasn't tryharding at any point
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2817, Auro wrote:
In post 2811, OkaPoka wrote:im saying his specific tonal change indicates scummy mentality

That feels like a very surface level read to form for Eddie, Oka.
Having-fun Eddie still recognizes the basic duty of avoiding being a mislynch. He acknowledged that explicitly.

Also, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, no? You were still pushing for his lynch when he wasn't playing to survival at lynch range.
so why does eddie ask to be lynched btw ?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2814, Something_Smart wrote:
I don't disagree about this. I disagree that his play now is pure noise or troll. I think he's been serious.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2813, Auro wrote:Alchemist, I acknowledge that waiting till the last minute to case, if everyone's voting for you because of the case, is bad. When I say waiting, why assume that I'm waiting for deadline and not any other point of the day?
Because there were 4 days remaining in the deadline at the time and the longer you waited the more likely it would happen. I know you didn't explicitly say you were going to wait that long but it's the possibility I saw and I wanted to nip it in the bud. If you have a case then why wait to post it at all? (And don't tell me that your "guilty" is your case.)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2819, OkaPoka wrote:so why does eddie ask to be lynched btw ?
Have you never heard rhetoric that goes, "lynch me so I can get out of the game pls"?

What's the scum motivation in saying that?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2822, Auro wrote:
In post 2819, OkaPoka wrote:so why does eddie ask to be lynched btw ?
Have you never heard rhetoric that goes, "lynch me so I can get out of the game pls"?

What's the scum motivation in saying that?
look at me im so town
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm out of my scum range
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”