mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Auro »

@Alch: Wasn't it your belief that I would get you mislynched by doing that? It would also hold if you were scum, this giving decent incentive for your teammates to defend and divert, no?

I expected you to pick up on it and then panic, and probably shift to a tunnel on me if scum. I expected you to shrug it off and continue playing when I said please engage with other slots, if you were town. :P

I developed an association between you and Oka. If one of you flips scum, I would be suspect of the other. My scumread on you strengthened as your reaction was consistent with my expectations from how scum!Alchemist would react.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

people, especially in mafia, won't change their minds if they are truly confident in something unless they can convince themselves that they didn't have the full picture when they first made their judgment

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

and im pretty sure all of us are cognizant of this because nobody is bothering to actually case each other
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2848, Eddie Cane wrote:You can be confident on something and open to having your mind changed.

In fact, for me to consider you an intelligent person I'd consider that a required quality.
Exactly! I don't see the discrepancy there.
OkaPoka wrote:people, especially in mafia, won't change their minds if they are truly confident in something unless they can convince themselves that they didn't have the full picture when they first made their judgment

So? You haven't offered convincing reasons yet, why does my refusal to change my mind indicate close-mindedness? Your reasoning is objectively surface-y, I feel.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

sorry auro but when i know i know and i know that its not me who is going to convince you

i could write wallposts like i used to but lets be honest wall posts haven't been convincing since 2015

if you are going to flip on eddie, its going to be because of you
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

If anything wallposts make me want to skip them.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2852, OkaPoka wrote:and im pretty sure all of us are cognizant of this because nobody is bothering to actually case each other
I can case NSG to some extent.

On entering the thread, she
>Talked about the unreadability of a few slots,
>Offered a lot of mechanical design-talk that didn't lead to anything particularly solid,
>Claimed an early lynch pool while also saying that gives a 50% chance of winning if right, which I feel is early preparation for mislynches
>Later expressed unwillingness to be checked

I recognize town motivation also for most of these, but I find them more likely from scum anyway. I think the last point would be moot if NSG provides an instance of her saying it in towngames, though.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2855, Luna Fox wrote:If anything wallposts make me want to skip them.
that's why ive mastered the art of the quintuple posts
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2854, OkaPoka wrote:sorry auro but when i know i know and i know that its not me who is going to convince you

i could write wallposts like i used to but lets be honest wall posts haven't been convincing since 2015

Sure. But then why say I don't have an open mind? Must I be constantly flipping on people to have an open mind, when there's no reason to do so?

In short, you'd say I have to be Boon?

Also, I feel like you're close minded about Eddie being the best lynch then, by your own reasoning ;)
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2856, Auro wrote:
In post 2852, OkaPoka wrote:and im pretty sure all of us are cognizant of this because nobody is bothering to actually case each other
I can case NSG to some extent.

On entering the thread, she
>Talked about the unreadability of a few slots,
>Offered a lot of mechanical design-talk that didn't lead to anything particularly solid,
>Claimed an early lynch pool while also saying that gives a 50% chance of winning if right, which I feel is early preparation for mislynches
>Later expressed unwillingness to be checked

I recognize town motivation also for most of these, but I find them more likely from scum anyway. I think the last point would be moot if NSG provides an instance of her saying it in towngames, though.
cool

i have my own reasons to not want to lynch nsg but i wont stop anyone from pushing her because this is interesting
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2858, Auro wrote:
In post 2854, OkaPoka wrote:sorry auro but when i know i know and i know that its not me who is going to convince you

Sure. But then why say I don't have an open mind? Must I be constantly flipping on people to have an open mind, when there's no reason to do so?

In short, you'd say I have to be Boon?

Also, I feel like you're close minded about Eddie being the best lynch then, by your own reasoning ;)
im not using open mind as an insult here fwiw

we can talk about it post game but its part of how i sort people and its a very big part of why i scumread eddie

its similar to a gut read, its a feeling you get when you read certain slots and its def a scumread thing
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Auro »

I don't see it as an insult. I just find it surprising that you believe a difference in reads implies a lack of an open mind. I guess talking about this is unproductive anyway.

Why do you think NSG should not be lynched? Is it because she's an asset if town, etc?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2850, Auro wrote:@Alch: Wasn't it your belief that I would get you mislynched by doing that? It would also hold if you were scum, this giving decent incentive for your teammates to defend and divert, no?

I expected you to pick up on it and then panic, and probably shift to a tunnel on me if scum. I expected you to shrug it off and continue playing when I said please engage with other slots, if you were town. :P

I developed an association between you and Oka. If one of you flips scum, I would be suspect of the other. My scumread on you strengthened as your reaction was consistent with my expectations from how scum!Alchemist would react.
As scum I wouldn't expect Town to try and pull a fast one at deadline. And I've pretty much always had a general dislike of people saying they have reads/cases and then not posting them (the very first time I got lynched on this site was from a 1v1 with someone who did that early D1). Why do you think as Town I should just shrug it off if I'm worried about the scenario that I was worried about happening?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2861, Auro wrote:I don't see it as an insult. I just find it surprising that you believe a difference in reads implies a lack of an open mind. I guess talking about this is unproductive anyway.

Why do you think NSG should not be lynched? Is it because she's an asset if town, etc?
yeah similar wavelengths
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2850, Auro wrote:I developed an association between you and Oka. If one of you flips scum, I would be suspect of the other. My scumread on you strengthened as your reaction was consistent with my expectations from how scum!Alchemist would react.
P.S. Explain this one because I don't see it.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2851, OkaPoka wrote:people, especially in mafia, won't change their minds if they are truly confident in something unless they can convince themselves that they didn't have the full picture when they first made their judgment
This is a good part of why I get tunneled on people.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Auro »

Alch, you'd expect town with a guilty to do that :P note that I believed you bought my soft guilty if you're scum.

A general dislike is fine, but expecting people to *immediately* case you and call them scum otherwise is meh.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2863, OkaPoka wrote:yeah similar wavelengths
Wasn't she pushing a scumteam of Auro/Alchemist/iDany or something? Or at least independently PoE'd the three.

Do you have similar wavelengths about that?

What's the weightage of "she's an asset if town" as part of not lynching her?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 2851, OkaPoka wrote:people, especially in mafia, won't change their minds if they are truly confident in something unless they can convince themselves that they didn't have the full picture when they first made their judgment

I agree this is true for the average player, and person. People are stupid and a couple years of studying psych will give you many reasons why. I recommend "thinking fast and slow", by DK. Great novel.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2866, Auro wrote:expecting people to *immediately* case you and call them scum otherwise is meh.
This is a huge misrep of what I said and the conversation that followed. I told you to post your case soon and not wait until deadline and you started arguing with me about it. Your arguing and misrepping me is where my scumread on you came from.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Auro »

I never said I'd wait for deadline, though. Did I not say I'll simply wait for you to engage with other slots first?

And "lack of activity" should not have been a concern, I asked you to engage with other active players.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I'm willing to concede that if NSG is town the odds that she has the right team is about 5000% percent more likely than me having the right team

Also my general rule as town is: don't be burden and the ultimate burden is potentially defending scum from a surefire lynch because getting a wrong scumread hurts, but getting a wrong townread can throw a winning game
Comical
Comical
Mafia Scum
Comical
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Comical »

NSG
Comical
Comical
Mafia Scum
Comical
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Comical »

In post 2871, OkaPoka wrote:I'm willing to concede that if NSG is town the odds that she has the right team is about 5000% percent more likely than me having the right team

Also my general rule as town is: don't be burden and the ultimate burden is potentially defending scum from a surefire lynch because getting a wrong scumread hurts, but getting a wrong townread can throw a winning game
Then let’s find out! If she’s town, we’ll take her word as gold.

Good plan, Oka!
Comical
Comical
Mafia Scum
Comical
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Comical »

Follow Oka’s plan and lynch NSG.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”