Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by Baezu »

Obviously
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 584, Trojan Horses wrote:i like the idea of hydra signing through use of capitalization
Yes but I wonder how we can differentiate between me and the other head :P
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by We are not helping »

should our hydra stop signing posts to make this game more fair

-avian member of the crew
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 157, Trojan Horses wrote:Signing posts is for losers
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Why is there this hate on green tea? Its like a hate on macha and we can't have that,
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i havent been gone from mafia for that long but everything about playing feels weird

like ive gone on much longer breaks and come back and had it feel way more natuarl
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 am

Post by gobbledygook »

NSG, read on RC?
RC, read on NSG?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 517, Wonderwalll wrote:It’s worth going back and looking at my towngames seeing as you’ve only played with scum!me tho, to try and get a baseline for how often I ask about stuff you think town wouldn’t care about

-wall
I will do this but definitely not right now, I have 20 billion things to do today.
In post 524, Wonderwalll wrote:Can u answer my question now?

-wall
Same @RC
In post 557, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 514, SirCakez wrote:Ftr I think Elmo is still the scummiest player in the game
Thats a town meta for you. And even then I've been sleeping with the dead for like the past 11 pages. Why you trying to push an easy lynch when Im not even around
B/c you're scummy. These latest posts are not helping.
In post 565, Baezu wrote:
In post 332, RadiantCowbells wrote:what do we all think about Baezu townreading a lot of people really early in the game?
My scum reads are actually sircakez and jormun in my game and wonderwall and elmo in the other game
In post 562, Baezu wrote:
In post 329, SirCakez wrote:can game christmas start up an elmo wagon
I agree
??????????
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

Shuichi's pop in sucked
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jormengand
Jormengand
Townie
Jormengand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Jormengand »

Oh yeah, wagon me while I'm asleep, that's great. Don't worry, I'm used to dying early on both sides so I guess I'll just readslist and hope that I make sense. These aren't in any particular order 'cause I just grabbed them up at random:

SirCakez - I can understand the poke vote on me from town PoV, so that's fair. I don't... get the read on Elmo? So I'm kinda wondering on Cakez's reasoning there but honestly overall seems NAI.
Trojan - seems to be actually trying to to gamesolve so Imma say probably town, especially with the amount of detail they're going into.
We Are Not Helping - is not helping. A large amount of their ISO is just memeing, and while Trojan was also memeing a little and going on about my avatar, Trojan was also actually doing work. Over a hundred posts in, WANH has posted meaningful content in a tiny minority of them, which to me comes off as slightly scummy.
Baezu - I don't like the thing of posting reads without actually explaining those reads. While I don't want to OMGUS, especially not on a read, sheeping someone who said that it was suspicious to know that something was "Random nonsense" between reading it and properly analyzing it (???) seems like a bit of a weak sheep, and the rest of the reads aren't explained at all.
Bernadetta - Doesn't seem to be... actually doing much? Literally just meming around instead of playing, which isn't very towny from my experience.
FireMaPoka - does this player even have any posts? I don't think so, or at least I can't find them (PEDIT: Hey, I found out how to do ISOs without having to find an actual post by the player. Yeah, user has no posts.)
Lie Ren - As above, so below.
Shuichi - Not much to tell from the first three posts. I know as well as everyone that not reading anyone until you've had some time to think and sleep isn't a scumtell.

So on this side of the game, I'd like to see more analysis from most of the players,
especially
the ones who are scumreading players for no reason other than not having posted analysis yet (give us a chance, some of us are ill and/or multitasking. Also I prefer to wait until I have more to work with) - if you
have
got a scumread on someone, then you should have at least some reasoning to explain; if you
have
got the energy for a hundred and one posts, then post something useful. If someone doesn't have reads, I think they should get a chance to make some. I can tell you now that scumreading people just because they were slightly late to the party isn't helpful.

(Also, I don't always have the energy to do things, and seeing how much energy I put in earlygame be brought up as a tell is really disheartening. It's a longform game, I'll get around to my reads eventually.)
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:06 am

I approve of my heads voting for Jormengand.

-bitmap
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:28 am

Post by DrDolittle »

jormengand doesnt look like scum at all?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:43 am

Post by SirCakez »

FireMaPoka = We are not helping
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:44 am

DrDolittle wrote:jormengand doesnt look like scum at all?
In post 609, Jormengand wrote: We Are Not Helping - is not helping. A large amount of their ISO is just memeing, and while Trojan was also memeing a little and going on about my avatar, Trojan was also actually doing work. Over a hundred posts in, WANH has posted meaningful content in a tiny minority of them, which to me comes off as slightly scummy.
FireMaPoka - does this player even have any posts? I don't think so, or at least I can't find them (PEDIT: Hey, I found out how to do ISOs without having to find an actual post by the player. Yeah, user has no posts.)
Seems like an extremely lazy catch up hurr durr just for the sake of looking town.

-bitmap
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

The readslist was fine I guess
In post 609, Jormengand wrote:So on this side of the game, I'd like to see more analysis from most of the players, especially the ones who are scumreading players for no reason other than not having posted analysis yet (give us a chance, some of us are ill and/or multitasking. Also I prefer to wait until I have more to work with) - if you have got a scumread on someone, then you should have at least some reasoning to explain; if you have got the energy for a hundred and one posts, then post something useful. If someone doesn't have reads, I think they should get a chance to make some. I can tell you now that scumreading people just because they were slightly late to the party isn't helpful.
But this seems obnoxiously towncred grabby
Jormen how much mafia experience do you have?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 21, jjh927 wrote:Either you lynch some scum and I win without actually doing anything of importance or you get to xylo and we start playing the game while putting yours on hold, using the comments from people in my game on your game to place everyone
It's been stated by now, but this is both plainly suboptimal and plainly not happening even if it weren't.
In post 64, RadiantCowbells wrote:how can you be zeus without thunder

VOTE: Trojan Horses

one scum found
This is the most objectively compelling evidence I have witnessed thus far.
In post 50, mastina wrote:Also, did check the rules and from the sound of it, this isn't 2-2 with scum having one scumbuddy and not knowing the other team allowing them to have some semblance of legitimate scumhunting; it sounds like four groupscum, so take that into account. (I am also guessing that means only one nightkill from them each night.) It also sounds like we don't need to lynch two scum from our own game, so long as two scum die? I could be mistaken but it sounds like this game has a white flag mechanic where two scum dead = we win, period.
I have to wonder why you are presenting this as some sort of spectacular insight when it should be in your role PM. It's certainly in mine.
In post 160, RadiantCowbells wrote:if you say one more word about the playerlist I am going to scumread you for it

this seems like a really good way to create personality conflicts and given your team in TM had no qualms about abetting personality conflicts to win the normal I'm not putting it even slightly past you to be doing this deliberately to destroy town unity because that is objectively what shitting on half of the players in a game accomplishes
Although I am hesitant to label jjh as the blackened based on this alone, I generally agree.
In post 181, SirCakez wrote:
In post 165, BBmolla wrote:Not huge on Trojan Horse

RC Mastina pulled the whole “I read the rules so I know this thing about scum” and 9/10 it comes from scum trying to get Town cred
I would say this is valid for literally any players but mastina
Who btw is just null rn all of this is well within both their town and scum meta

Anyways
BBmolla is town
RC is probably town

Elmo is scum players in Game Christmas should vote them
VOTE: Trojan horses
Their ISO is terrible
This guy has a good analytical head on his shoulders. Perhaps I can trust him to assist in my investigation. I am in the market for a new sidekick, after all.
In post 207, Trojan Horses wrote: I respect Mastina, and I agree with
her explanations for reads
. Which reads of hers do
you
disagree with and additionally think she has bad reasons for?
Excuse me, I just have to break character for this:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a hilarious joke!
In post 215, SirCakez wrote:
In post 210, We are not helping wrote:
In post 207, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 205, We are not helping wrote:b/c why would u sheep mastina ever? That's asking for town to lose aka scum win con.
I respect Mastina, and I agree with her explanations for reads. Which reads of hers do
you
disagree with and additionally think she has bad reasons for?
I dunno man like when you come out in page 2 with a reads list with half of those players haven't even posted, that's not someone you want to sheep.
bwahahaha I can respect this
A curious response, but I suppose I'm trying to pass on trivial "tone tells" and other such non scientifically substantiated logic. A detective must stick to the hard facts.
In post 249, BBmolla wrote:She included people who hadn’t posted on it

:|
Have you played with mastina before? This is normal, unfortunately.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:18 am

Post by SirCakez »

you dare try to make me your SIDEKICK??? I will only take being the main hero.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:37 am

In post 252, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 249, BBmolla wrote:She included people who hadn’t posted on it
Yes, that part is likely a joke, given that the alternative explanation is some form of subconscious TMI as scum, which would be highly unlikely given they're exactly the people who didn't post.
Still. :P
No, she is serious.
In post 250, Jormengand wrote:*Screams internally*

Okay I'll try to sift through everything and pick up on some dank reads if I can but I'm not honestly confident. I'm not totally used to ten pages of random nonsense before I even open the game TBH.
In post 254, Jormengand wrote:
In post 253, Trojan Horses wrote:I'm curious about Jormengand's profile picture. Is it a specific reference to something, or something guessable?
It's not a reference. It is guessable what it
is
but it's not a
reference
to anything specific. Apart from a fun fact about me, I guess.

[line][/line]

Anyway, back on the game: I have no ideas, other than "I have no idea where anyone's getting their reads from so that's weird, huh."
These two posts in conjunction give me some concerns. After reading the first one, I thought it seemed like an overreaction until I saw their join date and realized they really might not have experienced this before/maybe aren't an alt. The second post, however, reads as scum if coming from a new player uncertain how to approach a red PM. So based on whether this person is actually new or not, I dislike one post or the other.
In post 273, Wonderwalll wrote:
In post 160, RadiantCowbells wrote:'m not putting it even slightly past you to be doing this deliberately to destroy town unity because that is objectively what shitting on half of the players in a game accomplishes
Who are you talking to here and how do you think they’re shitting on half the playerlist bc I don’t see it?
In post 274, Wonderwalll wrote:Oh, it was to jjh then

How do you think he was shitting on half the playerlist?
I am mystified as to how both you and jjh are somehow failing to grasp this obvious point.
In post 275, Wonderwalll wrote:
In post 193, SirCakez wrote:
In post 187, gobbledygook wrote:I’m legit worried that scum have like stupid high numbers to counteract this very townsided wincondition
possibly fake townslip
VOTE: sircakez
In post 277, Wonderwalll wrote:Err yeah probably

You may have to wait until I get on my laptop tho

I don’t think it’s a weird vote
In post 278, Wonderwalll wrote:Why do you think it’s a weird vote?
Hate this entrance overall. I'd rather see an explanation than a turn-around.
In post 295, jjh927 wrote:
In post 293, Menalque wrote:I think mastina is more likely to be scum than RC is atm but Ali’s advice for how to enjoy large themes was to stop taking them so seriously which means I’m not that interested in trying to sort out RC/mastina/NSG/jjh rn, maybe not today at all

-wall
I'm still waiting to see what's up with that whole bunch of RC posts that contextually are simultaneously directed at me and completely not applicable to me whatsoever
Why are you approaching this so obliquely? Your posts on this subject seem determined not to directly confront RC; you seem more comfortable taking potshots in reply to others, save for asking for clarity that I don't think is necessary.
In post 368, SirCakez wrote:
In post 363, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 361, SirCakez wrote:A lot more aggressive, a lot less caring about getting into emotional conflict. It's a lot of gut here like I said but I don't feel he plays this game this way as scum.
I'd expect you to just disengage and avoid at that point. Or explain without being conflict-baity like in 336
Interesting. Thank you.
Na. I want to be able to do my own thing without being forced to play the game a certain way. I want to make it clear that I don't want the option of choosing between "lynch someone" and "don't follow my slot's reads".
I see. I think we just disagree on this.
This made me think of hito's cohesion tell. If I were ever going to break it out, this is the right persona to give it a try, even though in my heart of hearts I'm still not sure I believe him.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:46 am

Bernadetta suggested that she go outside. Ergo, I conclude that she has been replaced by a doppelganger.

I suspect that Firebringer is town, because he's not just being fun, but he's being fun in a way that's also pushing his reads.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:57 am

In post 455, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am town
Sircakez is town
We Are Not Helping disproportionately likely to be town
Baezu I do not think comes flying in townreading a bunch of people, that is gonna look pretty not good as scum, so even though the reads are fairly poorly supported I think that she is town in spite of it

Dis where Im at
This post made me do a double take to see if Baezu had posted more townreads than I thought, but she hadn't. It was only three, and a scumread, and then some more scumreads though that might have been after this post.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:12 am

In post 503, mastina wrote:I mean, I feel like the game is close to solved right now.
I wonder how many times you will have to learn this lesson before it sticks.
In post 513, northsidegal wrote:I think the lack of such players is what leads to a lot of town losses in LyLo, and I think the players who do this tend to be high-priority kill targets because they're known as being vicious in LyLo (skitter comes to mind).
A detective would be remiss not to consider all the evidence before offering his Closing Argument. I'm a novice at doing this, but it worked last time... after I barked up a dumb tree for a while...
In post 582, Trojan Horses wrote:Does anyone know who Shuichi Saihara is?
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the Ultimate Detective, even though I don't really have the credentials yet...

(But for real, I'm Cephrir, this is a public alt.)
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:14 am

I just realized that Jormengand forgot to write about RC in his reads list and now I'm certain that we should burn that slot.

-bitmap
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:18 am

Fire seems town.
NSG, RC, gobble, SirCakez leaning town.
Jorm, jjh, maybe wall are my top suspects.

VOTE: Jorm
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:20 am

Ceph, why do you not acknowledge me. I am amazing.

Also pls don't kill me N1. I have a super duper powah.

-bitmap
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:21 am

Sorry. I just know Fire the best, and I like to flatter myself that I'm some sort of growlithe whisperer.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”