She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 661, gobbledygook wrote:Answer the horses’ 651
What's there to answer about it?

I look at the people who haven't posted.
I analyze what I know about the players in question, and then I decide if their lack of posting is something more likely to be from town or scum or if it is null. What I knew about Shuichi Saihara was, "I have read who this is an alt of before, but I do not remember who it is; I remember it is an alt of a scummer with a decent amount of experience, but not which scummer it was. Might be a logical scummer." That is what I knew about Shuichi at the time I made that list.

I guessed at what alignment that would make the lack of posting be--my analysis of that sort of player is that they are more likely to make delayed entrances, thus, slightly more likely to be town, pending their posts, obviously.

This is pretty self-explanatory so like.

Really.
I don't see why this was a question which was worth answering because it is pretty stupidly obvious what the train of thought there is.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 731, RadiantCowbells wrote:Mastina and JJH
Nice story.

Too bad my read on Trojan is explicitly not townlock.

The closest Trojan comes to being a townlock is as a for-my-sanity-townread in a side that has too many slots I'm scumreading so someone needs to be town. And while that'd put Trojan above null due to sanity's sake, that aint townlock, that aint townblock.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 737, gobbledygook wrote:I do agree with the statement that if Mastina is scum vs an NSG AND RC town team her MO has to be to corral people who support her and shade RC/NSG in order to have any chance.
Mate I don't shade. Period. If I think someone is scum, I will call them scum. If I am scum, then I fake this process. (Well, when I so choose. I usually am just...not bothering to do so as scum these days because I've been finding I simply don't need to. No, really. Legit serious, these days as scum I've found I don't even need to give scumreads, and I still get away with a surprisingly large amount of shit.)

There is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but they wouldn't be paragons if they were rattled, if they were shaken, by an incorrect scumread on their slot. They wouldn't be paragons if someone incorrectly scumreading them threw them off their beat, threw them off their kilter, kept them from putting in a paragon-level performance.

And there is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but if they
aren't
town, then why the fuck would I fear pushing scum just off of the value of "what if they're town", given the above? Given that being erroneously scumread shouldn't rattle, shouldn't shake, a paragon winner, there's no reason not to state a scumread on one.

Granted, I have reasonably good reasons to not push the read on RC. He's not in my game so I can't even vote him; there's enough scumspects in his game that given only two of them are scum there's a fair chance that he is town; fighting with RC on D1 is unproductive because even if he is scum he's not getting lynched D1; if RC is town then the scum will nightkill him eventually anyway. All these make it so that I don't really have interest in pushing RC, but that sure as fuck won't stop me from stating a scumread there.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1175, mastina wrote:"I have read who this is an alt of before, but I do not remember who it is; I remember it is an alt of a scummer with a decent amount of experience, but not which scummer it was. Might be a logical scummer." That is what I knew about Shuichi at the time I made that list.
And why would not posting be indicative of town for an experienced/logical scummer?
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1176, mastina wrote:Too bad my read on Trojan is explicitly not townlock.
boo
Infectious stealth hydra

Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

don't see at all why a logical scummer would make delayed entrance more as town than scum. O.o
Infectious stealth hydra

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 783, RadiantCowbells wrote:NSG is just scum and everyone should know that by now
But it feels like cheating for that to be half of our win condition so let's leave her alive
I mean, my reads are clear enough with her as one of the poe scum.

So like.

Ya won't hear me arguing otherwise.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 792, Lie Ren wrote:Well then, what makes this game special?
What makes any game be special?

Unique combination of players, their alignments/roles, the game moderator's choice on how to handle the game, the setup, the mechanics, all form a perfect storm to make something magical--most games have
something
special to them due to these factors combining to make something unique, and in this game, it was the feeling of the game being close to solved by page seven.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 833, BBmolla wrote:Still think mastina probably scum but I’m not the best at reading her tbh
Clearly.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 807, Wonderwalll wrote:What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little self-voter? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Forum Academy, and I’ve been involved in secret raids on Mastina-Radiant Cowbell hydras, and I have over 300 confirmed mislynches. I am trained in WIFOM and I’m the top OMGUSer in the entire mafiascum community. You are nothing to me but just another lolhammer. I will Preview-Edit you out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this website mark my words. You think you can get away with saying shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of alt-accounts across my computer and your name is being voted for right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your account. You’re fucking dead, newbie. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can modkill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Hectic account. Not only am I extensively trained in ISO analysis, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Semi-Experienced playerbase and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ass off the face of this RVS, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. You didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn MyLo. I will IIoA all over you and you will drown in EBWOP. You’re fucking dead, Shuichi Saihara
I love this post lololol
Infectious stealth hydra

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 883, RadiantCowbells wrote:but it seems like Christmas starting townblock is something like
Bbmolla, Gobbles, NSG
The inclusion of nsg is laughable but like. It should be painfully obvious that Turkey and Molla are both town. This is not groundbreaking news.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 896, gobbledygook wrote:I’m just not feeling Town Mastina this game which is sad. :(
You're a bloody idiot then.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1185, mastina wrote:Molla
Is Molla really usually an easy read?
Infectious stealth hydra

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 945, SirCakez wrote:And Dolittle's ISO is really crap. I challenge anyone to find anything remotely town in there.
Experience with DDL as a player--have you played with him before? If so, then you'd know that DDL is like this every game.

Since he is like this every game, what makes him town here instead of null, though? That amounts to mostly gut involving DDL's opener in this game;
In post 104, DrDolittle wrote:im excited to be able to sheep illustrious players like gobbles and baezu this game
In post 287, DrDolittle wrote:can someone tell me what to do thanks
And these are what immediately struck me as town, because they just felt like an entrance that DDL wouldn't make as scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 947, SirCakez wrote:wonderwall shading me is cracking me up
I mean, they're scum, so.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 988, SirCakez wrote:btw Wonderwall buddying rc here is obvscum move
I mean, yes, but I wouldn't say it makes RC town here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 989, Trojan Horses wrote:Mastina, I'd like you to elaborate on this read. Seeing as most of the game finds him obvtown I might be wrong and just not seeing it, but can you actually show sincerity/genuineness in his posts that's not trivially faked by scum? Can you put his mindset into words and show me how that's very likely to be a town one?
Ehhh...I mentally mapped out a response to this earlier when I was reading offline and had it in there, but I am way, way, wayyyy too dead-mentally (as you can probably guess by my choice of words there. :P There's some better term than 'dead-mentally' but I am dead mentally enough to not be able to even remember what that term is) to do so.

Right now if I tried it'd be just naming more generics, but like. It's literally there in his iso. He radiates analysis, thoughts on the game, consistently giving insights which are unique, original to him, show a progression to his thoughts, evolution in reads, reasoning, followthrough is there enough, he's pushing, and even if I don't agree with all of his thoughts I agree with enough of them to be able to trace how he reached those conclusions and all of it looks good.

Which I realize is an unsatisfactory answer, again, too tired to give you what you want right now, but uhhh...remind me about this when I am less tired and around and I can probably give it to you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1003, jjh927 wrote:Oh yeah I think I needed to say Wonderwall is town because of chasing RC down on that shit he accused me of at some point but I don't remember who asked me
I don't think Wonderwall is town.

But I do think that this is probably the better vote to be honest.

VOTE: Amrun.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Amrun isn't a bad vote but I'm mostly giving her the benefit of the doubt atm because of life circumstances

she's def in need of a prod at this point at the very least
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1021, Lie Ren wrote:Could you go into why you think your alignment becomes clearer the further along the game gets?
Because I post more, simply put.

I have more than one towngame; I have more than one scumgame. I have some things which in one towngame can appear in a different scumgame, and vice versa, but by and large, the multitude of my towngames are just vastly different on a fundamental level than the multitude of my scumgames.

And the more I post, the more it becomes obvious, because legit just see the flowchart for the trends there. Scumastina is just calm, cool, collected, manipulative, but also stunted, stilted, forced, due to being orderly, due to being precise. Every move is calculated, every post carefully written, I take the time to word things to perfection, cover every angle, cover everything, I am exactly where I need to be to accomplish the goals I set out to achieve, which are usually more or less along the lines of letting the town eat itself alive while setting my scumbuddies up for success. I let the town fight town, and give the town no useful information for if I were to flip scum. Minimalistic effort, minimalistic posting, because the less I give the town, the more they are guessing; I'm not going to spoonfeed them the optimal play, I'm not going to take control, I'll stay out of the spotlight, I'll stay in the background, in the shadows, not really taking center stage because if people aren't looking too hard at me then I have the freedom to just survive.

Whereas as town, I am usually emotional (this game I'm not, this game is a bit lifeless I admit but like, extenuating circumstances there because past the initial excitement of feeling the game was solve, there's just the boredom of waiting for people to get to where I am at), chaotic, random, scattered, disorganized, but I flow naturally, there's just an energy which I exude, where in spite of not being precise, I can still string together some good reasoning, good logic, where people can follow how I get from point A to point B well enough, but because I'm mastina there's still plenty which people struggle to see the leap in, but they can see that I MADE the leap and that the leap made sense to me, even if they don't follow the exact line, they can tell that to me there WAS a line.

And I just. Generally. I have that energy, that
presence
to me. I radiate my firmness, my conviction, my stubbornness, and yes, my arrogance, in the delusions of grandeur, that confidence I have in feeling the ~energy~ of feeling I am legit onto something and trying to convince people that I know what I am talking about. It's just something that over a longer period of time, becomes more and more obvious and even though it manifests differently in different towngames (this one has the aforementioned extenuating circumstances where I quickly became a little bit bored once things felt instantly solved and I don't feel a strong need to push people to follow me because I feel like they're on their way to it on their own anyway), it's always there eventually, given enough time.

Plus, regardless of my alignment, I have a certain level of smugness. Cheeky scumfuckery as scumastina, but a smugness of knowing I am town and often knowing things others don't when I'm town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1024, BBmolla wrote:Seriously Christmas get the fuck in here I can't do anything if its just me and Gobbles posting fuck
Oi I've been posting plenty. Just because I post at different times than most people do doesn't mean I'm not.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1173, Trojan Horses wrote:VOTE: DDL
wrong game pal
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 1196, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1173, Trojan Horses wrote:VOTE: DDL
wrong game pal
Well that was stupid of me.
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 1168, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 1165, Lie Ren wrote:I honestly think Trojan actually has been putting in some serious work, I have a solid townread on them now
Can I get some details here?
In post 1169, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1168, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 1165, Lie Ren wrote:I honestly think Trojan actually has been putting in some serious work, I have a solid townread on them now
Can I get some details here?
I'm also interested in this. I'm clearly not taking this game super seriously... I am doing some amount of solving though but I'm curious to hear about what you mean by "serious work".
When I say "serious work", I don't mean actual game solving effort. I just liked the direction they were going and how they were interacting with me. Essentially they shaped up.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1139, Lie Ren wrote:I sense that they're not interacting with each other in good faith, in a way that feels like scum partners currently.
I honestly don't see what there'd be to interact with so far. jjh is doing his own thing, I'm doing my own, I see him as town, we might have similar outlooks on the game, but like. I don't feel a need to ask him to sheep me--but that's not a trait unique to jjh; I'm not asking
anyone
to sheep me because I feel like people will come around on their own.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”