Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 1171, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1156, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 1010, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 800, northsidegal wrote:i made you an avatar lie ren

Well that wasn't what I expected. If that's what I think it's supposed to mean you actually figured out who I am already. Might as well just say it, this is Gamma Emerald. I wanted to see how I played as an alt if I embraced the tendency to not do as much in alt games. In addition I mentioned wanting to play a way I normally don't, that's in reference to my experience in Perfect Masquerade, where I enjoyed playing as a hidden alt in that game, as well as writing posts in a more "proper" manner compared to what I normally do.

Now although I did enjoy that jape, I must kindly refuse that avatar because I would like to have one of the character this alt is named after. I'll continue skimming to see if one was posted in the thread, and if not I'll find one myself because I'm on a device where I can do that rather seamlessly right now.
I noticed gobbledygook gave me flak for this post. I really don't get why me deciding to out my alt on a whim would be a scum thing. If one person knows after the bare amount of posting I did, it's very likely to be completely obvious. Plus I was having to repress my urge to use meta like I tend to do, and so it was nice to have a reason to stop worrying about that.
I was tl you before I knew that but that read is strengthened by knowing this.

~N
What knowledge strengthened your town feelings on me, perchance? If it's who I was, that's rather not fair to make statements like that while hiding your own face.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1199, mastina wrote:
In post 1139, Lie Ren wrote:I sense that they're not interacting with each other in good faith, in a way that feels like scum partners currently.
I honestly don't see what there'd be to interact with so far. jjh is doing his own thing, I'm doing my own, I see him as town, we might have similar outlooks on the game, but like. I don't feel a need to ask him to sheep me--but that's not a trait unique to jjh; I'm not asking
anyone
to sheep me because I feel like people will come around on their own.
To reiterate--with it clear jjh is town, with it clear Molla is town, with it clear Turkey is town, and with me knowing I am town, the game has almost a lock-solve just by those names alone.

You only need one town in {Elmo, DDL, NSG, Amrun, Wonderwall} to have an insurmountable poe.
I see Elmo as town and have DDL as town, which're admittedly not universal, but like. Only need one read to become more widespread for the game to be lock upon lock.

And right now we have good spots to vote, so like.
I don't feel the need to push further than that.
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 1177, mastina wrote:
In post 737, gobbledygook wrote:I do agree with the statement that if Mastina is scum vs an NSG AND RC town team her MO has to be to corral people who support her and shade RC/NSG in order to have any chance.
Mate I don't shade. Period. If I think someone is scum, I will call them scum. If I am scum, then I fake this process. (Well, when I so choose. I usually am just...not bothering to do so as scum these days because I've been finding I simply don't need to. No, really. Legit serious, these days as scum I've found I don't even need to give scumreads, and I still get away with a surprisingly large amount of shit.)

There is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but they wouldn't be paragons if they were rattled, if they were shaken, by an incorrect scumread on their slot. They wouldn't be paragons if someone incorrectly scumreading them threw them off their beat, threw them off their kilter, kept them from putting in a paragon-level performance.

And there is value to be had in paragons being alive, if they are town--but if they
aren't
town, then why the fuck would I fear pushing scum just off of the value of "what if they're town", given the above? Given that being erroneously scumread shouldn't rattle, shouldn't shake, a paragon winner, there's no reason not to state a scumread on one.

Granted, I have reasonably good reasons to not push the read on RC. He's not in my game so I can't even vote him; there's enough scumspects in his game that given only two of them are scum there's a fair chance that he is town; fighting with RC on D1 is unproductive because even if he is scum he's not getting lynched D1; if RC is town then the scum will nightkill him eventually anyway. All these make it so that I don't really have interest in pushing RC, but that sure as fuck won't stop me from stating a scumread there.
I feel a bit of mockery going on here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1142, Trojan Horses wrote:Mastina isn’t an easy read but she seems to be pretty genuine here, where she seems kind of off as scum.
Oh that's a really good way of describing it yeah.

As scum I've tried a lifetime to not feel "off" to myself but to this day, never had a scumgame where I didn't feel 'off'. And when I can tell I am 'off' as scum, I can tell that others can tell, too.

Similarly so for as town. Like this game, I can recognize I'm not the normal town mastina but can still feel that I'm *a* town mastina and am not 'off' to a degree where scumreads on me should exist. They shouldn't.
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 1182, mastina wrote:
In post 792, Lie Ren wrote:Well then, what makes this game special?
What makes any game be special?

Unique combination of players, their alignments/roles, the game moderator's choice on how to handle the game, the setup, the mechanics, all form a perfect storm to make something magical--most games have
something
special to them due to these factors combining to make something unique, and in this game, it was the feeling of the game being close to solved by page seven.
This feels so fru-fru frilly for some reason.
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 1188, mastina wrote:
In post 945, SirCakez wrote:And Dolittle's ISO is really crap. I challenge anyone to find anything remotely town in there.
Experience with DDL as a player--have you played with him before? If so, then you'd know that DDL is like this every game.

Since he is like this every game, what makes him town here instead of null, though? That amounts to mostly gut involving DDL's opener in this game;
In post 104, DrDolittle wrote:im excited to be able to sheep illustrious players like gobbles and baezu this game
In post 287, DrDolittle wrote:can someone tell me what to do thanks
And these are what immediately struck me as town, because they just felt like an entrance that DDL wouldn't make as scum.
DDL is like this in every game, so why are you choosing to die on this hill of blatantly defending him? Why not take a neutral stance?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1178, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1175, mastina wrote:"I have read who this is an alt of before, but I do not remember who it is; I remember it is an alt of a scummer with a decent amount of experience, but not which scummer it was. Might be a logical scummer." That is what I knew about Shuichi at the time I made that list.
And why would not posting be indicative of town for an experienced/logical scummer?
In post 1175, mastina wrote:I guessed at what alignment that would make the lack of posting be--my analysis of that sort of player is that they are more likely to make delayed entrances, thus, slightly more likely to be town, pending their posts, obviously.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1187, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1185, mastina wrote:Molla
Is Molla really usually an easy read?
Pretty much yeah.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1202, Lie Ren wrote:I feel a bit of mockery going on here.
I mean I am not gonna say I don't do mockery on occasions, but that post sure doesn't have any to it. It's dead serious, no joking, no mocking, no nothing. Just truth.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1204, Lie Ren wrote:This feels so fru-fru frilly for some reason.
No more than the original question. You were asking me to answer something that's literally impossible to answer. Find a game you found special in some way. Can YOU name what you thought made that game special in that way?

...No?

...Exactly.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1205, Lie Ren wrote:DDL is like this in every game, so why are you choosing to die on this hill of blatantly defending him? Why not take a neutral stance?
Because
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Lie Ren »

You know what, screw it. Your credibility in this game took a nosedive, even outside the laughable idea of having a townread on DDL at this moment.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1178, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1175, mastina wrote:"I have read who this is an alt of before, but I do not remember who it is; I remember it is an alt of a scummer with a decent amount of experience, but not which scummer it was. Might be a logical scummer." That is what I knew about Shuichi at the time I made that list.
And why would not posting be indicative of town for an experienced/logical scummer?
In post 1175, mastina wrote:I guessed at what alignment that would make the lack of posting be--my analysis of that sort of player is that they are more likely to make delayed entrances, thus, slightly more likely to be town, pending their posts, obviously.
In post 1180, Trojan Horses wrote:don't see at all why a logical scummer would make delayed entrance more as town than scum. O.o
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:39 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 1211, Lie Ren wrote:You know what, screw it. Your credibility in this game took a nosedive, even outside the laughable idea of having a townread on DDL at this moment.
Come on dude.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:45 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I will give this game TLC soon I swear
By the moon and the stars in the sky
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:48 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

Sup DrDonothing
Infectious stealth hydra

Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:49 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

I liked your Eddie Murphy avi better.
Infectious stealth hydra

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:50 am

Post by DrDolittle »

I'm consistent
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

This game blows me mind. I go to sleep I got 10 more pages to sift thru
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Bernadetta »

In post 1058, RadiantCowbells wrote:How is this game different from newbie 1989 from Jormen Bernie?
In post 902, Bernadetta wrote:At least he got stances this game
Although I guess I could say that I'm not done with reading him because I need to see how he posts from now on.
I'm sorry for all the bad posts I'm about to make.
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Bernadetta »

With that said, I'll have to up the standards for reading people in my game.

And that'll not happen today because I actually came here to declare
V/LA until Friday @mod
I'm sorry for all the bad posts I'm about to make.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:15 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1147, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 866, gobbledygook wrote:Id say
{Jor, Baezu,
Bernie
} is my group first your game RC

Pedit: who is
Bernie
lol
What sort of foul trickery is this?

By the way the font color menu looks awful on Chromebook.
I was asking RC who Bernie was. To put it another way, I was asking RC what is the name of Bernie's main account.
In post 1126, Trojan Horses wrote:I have like over 20 pages to catch up but still liking Mastina, Gobbles and also Fire hydra, and RC. If someone could also tell wtf Bernadetta is doing, that would also be swell.

~Nimda
Why does it matter what Bernie is doing? Are you not able to get a read on what Bernie is currently doing?
Why do you feel more comfortable sheeping me rather than discussing and coming to an agreement with your hydra partners?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1221, gobbledygook wrote:Why do you feel more comfortable sheeping me rather than discussing and coming to an agreement with your hydra partners?
Who said I'm more comfortable doing that?
Said that for the lulz, I'm really surprised that wasn't clear lol
Infectious stealth hydra

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 1170, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1048, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 1033, Trojan Horses wrote:I think I can comfortably sheep Gob actually.
Gob, you get to dictate my vote for today!
You keep saying you have reads and stances. What's making you uncomfortable about owning them?

If you're feeling unconfident, you also have two other heads who you could bounce ideas off whose alignments you should be more sure of than Gobbles.
So I find this weird, because I really didn't think I was coming off as super serious. Especially considering that I showed confidence in my reads before this and defended them as well.
Gob's attack on this is also -yawn- obviously but whatevz since he's town. Why assume that my proposed leashing is a result of great critical thought in thread (which I agree isn't there :P heehh) versus potential great solves (likely if town and Gob's town)?
I don't really understand what you're going on about here but yes I am assuming you mean what you post and it's going to make my life very hard if I can't do that. Jokes are typically funny, and if you're not being serious or funny then I don't know what you're doing.

If your turbo townread gobbles agreed with me that this post was weird, how are you getting to thinking it's weird for me to take issue with it?

I am confused by this dichotomy between "critical thought" and "great solves" because those seem like the same thing to me.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 1194, mastina wrote:Whereas as town, I am usually emotional (this game I'm not, this game is a bit lifeless I admit but like, extenuating circumstances there because past the initial excitement of feeling the game was solve, there's just the boredom of waiting for people to get to where I am at)
I don't typically read mastina posts, but this caught my eye. This is something I would expect her to say as scum, and I think she will agree with me on this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”