happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:54 am

Post by happyorange »

Eh, never playing another game here imo. Don't think I've been in many places more toxic and completely absent of any sense of empathy or the desire to understand and appreciate others. Makes me feel very grateful for what I have here at home. Pretty glad to be on the way out in this game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

listen I was tired. also damn, I assumed scum had daytalk. that MAY change my reads a little but overall I still want DDL lynched.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 800, happyorange wrote:Eh, never playing another game here imo. Don't think I've been in many places more toxic and completely absent of any sense of empathy or the desire to understand and appreciate others. Makes me feel very grateful for what I have here at home. Pretty glad to be on the way out in this game.
this isn't even toxic, people are just pushing you to read the room and make good decisions. it's a learning process. don't whine and just play
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: DDL
retired
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:03 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Vote count 1.11
happyorange (3)
- Almost50, Hiraki, 72offsuit

72offsuit (3)
- Aloratom, happyorange, Madoka

Allomancer (2)
- Tet, DrDolittle

Hiraki (1)
- Battle Mage

Tet (1)
- Looker

Madoka (1)
- Iconeum

DrDolittle (1)
- DkKoba

not voting (1) -
Allomancer

with 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch

deadline:
(expired on 2020-04-11 09:00:00)

mod notes:

-
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:15 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 779, DrDolittle wrote:Any1 wanna flashwagon allomancer? I do
Lol. Not when its suggested by you.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:16 am

Post by 72offsuit »

VOTE: Vote DDL
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:21 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 708, happyorange wrote:I don't like to respond to people who wolfread me for a bunch of reasons, but the main ones are that

a) I'm always going to be biased given that I have my own opinions about how people should be perceiving me and what were intentions were when saying different things, so trying to get a read on other people from the way they're reading me incorrectly is imo a very unreliable way to form reads and not something I care for doing,

b) engaging with people on why they think I'm a wolf is a good way to muddy the thread with relatively unreadable nonsense, I'm not the right person to convince someone they're wrong about me because from their perspective if I'm a wolf I'm just going to be lying to them and telling them what they want to hear, and the majority of the time when people read you incorrectly there's no amount of things you can tell them about how they're wrong that will make them change their read, it's a different story if they have concerns about you that they ask you about specifically but that's not often the case, most of the time if they're going to realize they're wrong on you they're going to do it on their terms and not yours, trying to make it happen on your terms is a fast track to toxic game environments and burn out,

c) it's a waste of my time when I could be writing about other players, my thoughts on them and other things that would actually help me solve the game, think it's incredibly boring to talk about myself to other people or talk with them about me and doing so doesn't do anything for me, it's not why I play werewolf and never will be.

I get that I have to make an exception for a new crowd given that when people play werewolf they tend to read fear or incompetence into silence rather just lack of interest, but I'm genuinely baffled that my wagon is still a thing because no one has given any real reasons why I'm a wolf here and I don't think they can without realizing they're wrong as they try to articulate the read, though I may be giving people a little more benefit than they deserve. Things like allomancer's post make very little sense to me because I've just been minding my own business and doing whatever takes my interest, if he thinks there's something to read into with regard to response to pressure I'd like to hear it because I don't really think I've bothered to respond at any point until now.

DK's wolfread on me starts on post , where they wolfread me essentially because the hider role that I know works differently to the one here. That really is the crux of that, there are other parts to it that come up later like them not understanding what optimal vig play is but all that happened here was a misunderstanding based in us having different information available to us. There are no other pieces to DK's read on me, at least that he has vocalized, as far as I can tell he just decided that I was scum for a random reason and has refused to reevaluate since. I assume that he's been hoping that I'll do something drastic so he has an excuse to admit that he's wrong and well, I guess this post is probably that, but I'm not the type of player to bother doing things that other people expect of me unless I have no other choice.

Almost's case on me in is a repetition of the same mistake DK made, except it's somehow even more careless. His read is contingent on him not acknowledging my post for what it is. Not really sure how he managed that, but it is what it is. His comment about role cards being on the front page is irrelevant, I actually read all the roles in detail at the start of the game and there's no mention of the hider being trackable, I had to message the moderator to confirm that. His gripe with my post comes down to semantics, he essentially doesn't like the fact that I used different words than he's used to when expressing suspicion on someone. If you read my post rather than his snippet of it, you'll notice that I expressed suspicion of hiraki in the context of feeling lost in the game and not having a good idea of where I wanted to lynch. Don't think Almost does anything to try to get into my head to understand that post, whether that makes him a wolf or simply lazy isn't something I know the answer to when the bar for what passes as a villager in this game is as low as it is.

Hiraki hasn't expressed any reason for voting me or wolfreading me unless I glossed over it, really not anything for me talk about there except that I'd encourage them to actually try to put their thoughts on me down on the page, their last few posts have been an encouraging change of pace and think they're probably one of the few people here who might actually be capable of having a conversation and coming around on me if they put their mind to it.

Ico's only posts about me are his post saying I'm partnered with DK and his post saying that two of my posts were mech talk, which I assume means they think the posts are wolfy? There's no real elaboration there and I have no real idea what ico thinks they're seeing there, the second post quoted was my talking about my read on the gamestate/hiraki/mage and had no relation to mechanics.

Don't think 72 actually has a wolfread of me, his most recent read on me is null in post where the wolfiest thing I've done is wolf read him, I assume his vote is just self-pres.

Those are the people on my wagon, think I vaguely remember someone else mentioning they thought my posts were hard to read which I don't think passes as a real read on me. Think if you've actually read the above then you'll find that there's been near to nothing put out there about why I'm a wolf, don't think the people who are wolfreading me genuinely know why they are or what their reasoning is and if anyone of them are actually able to articulate a coherent wolfread on me I would be pretty surprised. Think you have to willfully ignore or misinterpret some of my posts and cherrypick the ones you don't like to justify anything other than a village read on me, so anyone actually thinking of voting me or currently voting me should be talking about why or moving off my wagon. The wagon is bad from start to finish and the fact that next to no one is defending me here should be a strong indicator that I'm a villager, if you think someone's bussing me then talk about that, don't think you can make a real argument for it.

I'll make a post going over my reads next but please actually read the above and start proposing other lynches that actually make sense and aren't the result of lazy tunneling and complacency.
I never said I had a wolf read of you. I said I would sheep DK. I asked DK to vote for DDL or A50. He didnt and chose you instead.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:21 am

Post by 72offsuit »

they* sorry
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Hiraki »

Unvote, Vote: 72
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Allomancer »

With orange's claim, ddl is the scummiest.

VOTE: DrDolittle
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

hiraki stop throwing a fit
retired
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:56 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Lmao I am doing nothing but you and orange are actively antitown. I unvote 72 to respect your read but its trash

Allo is still scum tho
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Tet »

In post 772, Iconeum wrote:
In post 771, Tet wrote:The fact that a50 is being highly defensive in response to a scumread on him is troubling. Especially in a playerlist that makes him a more likely n1 kill as town than normal.

Ico not acknowledging that is also slightly troubling.
did you miss the posts where i pointed to my previous experience with town!A50 doing exactly that?
Ngl most of these pages make my eyes glaze over. Then I wake up in my living room halfway through 'sigmund freud' on netflix.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 811, DkKoba wrote:hiraki stop throwing a fit
???
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Tet »

In post 777, Madoka wrote:I have to think again about Tet. I was only town reading because I thought they were crumbing psych.
Why would I ever do that?
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Tet »

Lynch pool should be something like 72, looker, Allo.

Ddl prob town, madoka is town. Ico trying to convince other slots that orange was town then flipping off the Allo wagon in favor of orange is a bad bad look.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Tet »

In post 726, Iconeum wrote:
In post 723, Madoka wrote:
In post 717, Almost50 wrote:Your desperate seesawing if orange is telling enough.
I love stuff like this and it's why it's so easy to win as scum. If I were scum here I'd definitely be defending town!Orange for this very reason. It increases paranoia, making town more likely to lynch them. Then on their town flip I look good.

Kind of what ddl was doing earlier.
wait this
is
what you are doing

lol

VOTE: madoka
In post 728, Iconeum wrote:'scum!me defends orange because of the easy credit i'd get when he flips town'

-> defends orange like a boss

This is so surface level thinking. I don't think I've ever expected level 1 thoughts out of you.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Looker »

In post 757, happyorange wrote:
In post 713, Looker wrote:What I meant was 72offsuit voting Almost50...twice. Why wouldn't Madoka or 72offsuit acknowledge this? Am I just that bad of a player? That I get ignored?
Think the second vote there was just to put the vote on the correct player, since eiji had replaced out. What about that made you reconsider your read on almost50?
The focus here was that Madoka was lying, but I wasn't reconsidering a read - I was establishing one.
In post 778, DrDolittle wrote:Legit I feel sorry for makoda this game having to carry so much sandbags and still getting shit on for it
Which players are sandbags?
In post 796, Allomancer wrote:Yeah, 72 is definitely town.
What leads you to believe this?
In post 800, happyorange wrote:Eh, never playing another game here imo. Don't think I've been in many places more toxic and completely absent of any sense of empathy or the desire to understand and appreciate others. Makes me feel very grateful for what I have here at home. Pretty glad to be on the way out in this game.
Some playerlists are worse than others. This is the only sense of value some of these people get. I think that's why some of them are as obsessive and rudely desperate as they are.

• @Almost50: If you think Madoka is "manipulative scum", why are you still voting for happyorange?
  • @Makoda: Why does everything implicate me? If I'm town, who's your second? What then?
  • @Hiraki: I was just trying to establish some accountability for you, but it's fine.
  • @Tet: Welcome back. Any reasoning for your lynch pool beyond "These are the people that voted me"?
VOTE: happyorange
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Madoka »

Looker did you miss that Orange claimed psychologist?
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Madoka »

I was joking about everything implicating you since you mentioned me associating you with multiple people before.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Tet »

In post 818, Looker wrote:@Tet: Welcome back. Any reasoning for your lynch pool beyond "These are the people that voted me"?
72 just sheeping all of dkkobas votes rubs me the wrong way. Mostly the avoidance of taking heat for a town flip.

You, I don't remember anything you've done outside of your weird interactions with A50. I felt it was overly obsessive at first. It might just be you like him as a player but it didn't seem like an effort.

I'm not a big fan of a50 either but he doesn't make a good day 1 lynch. There's probably 1 between you but not 2. You just kind of get the short end by virtue of being not as townie as anyone outside of that Poe. Besides maybe aloratom, who's agreeable but I also don't remember much of what he's said.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Madoka »

72 can you address the questions asked and Hiraki's case on you?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ah man, sorry you feel that way. I think you're a cool dude, but you're right some people can be jerks. :igmeou:
In post 804, BrightEyedFish wrote:
Vote count 1.11
happyorange (3)
- Almost50, Hiraki, 72offsuit

72offsuit (3)
- Aloratom, happyorange, Madoka

Allomancer (2)
- Tet, DrDolittle

Hiraki (1)
- Battle Mage

Tet (1)
- Looker

Madoka (1)
- Iconeum

DrDolittle (1)
- DkKoba

not voting (1) -
Allomancer

with 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch

deadline:
(expired on 2020-04-11 09:00:00)

mod notes:

-
I see we've added like 6 pages, and made no progress? Well, I'll catch up anyway, maybe I can convince some of you to actually bandwagon some scum today... :roll:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Madoka »

In post 785, Iconeum wrote:
In post 779, DrDolittle wrote:Any1 wanna flashwagon allomancer? I do
i prefer madoka at this point
really really disliking his position wrt to 'voting orange to please me'
Wait you're actually serious? In the words of Hiraki and happyorange: yikes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”