Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Scumread
Anotora

32 Twisting Zantetsu's
Impression "knew" re: mason claims

42 Lamisty - Overly serious about Saudade for post 42 in the game while we were still in RVS/meme-phase

66 Lamisty and feels like an Unnatural/Forced post - "Can we chill with the claims for now? Half the scum's kill list has perhaps been established now for no real reason or benefit."
I agree with his theory that this post feels like a scummy mindset to be focused on night kill

225: Accuses Saudade of playing defensively and being reactive, rather than showing initiative.

Ends the phrase with "seems to be his thing", which feels like an 'out', if they get questioned about the read on Saudade, they can just shake it off by saying,
"ye its probably just his posting style", if townreading Saudade proves more convenient later on. I get the impression Anotora is hdedging their bets here.

284: Ockam's razor - Town should be concerned with the most pressing and relevant posts/reads and scenarios.
I don't get a noob vibe off Zantetsu, so Anotora's fear of a Zantetsu lolhammer did not feel realistic.
Feels like scum trying to appear to be contributing, but actually distracting with irrelevant posting
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 202, Battle Mage wrote:Also did a quick re-read and some notes on
Anotora
and
Unabomba
:
In post 66, Anotora wrote:Can we chill with the claims for now? Half the scum's kill list has perhaps been established now for no real reason or benefit.
As bad as that post is, (and as others have noted, it is BAD), nothing else about Anotora says anything other than town to me so far. And if Profii is scum, I'd be even happier with Anotora-town as I don't think she would want to be seen 'pocketing' her buddy so conspicuously on page 1. :cop:

Unabomba - Not the most engaged so far, but very apologetic about that. Made a good observation about Churros, and still voting there. Keen to emphasise how talented he is, and also Luca is "terrifyingly good". Key thing is, I don't understand why he's so disinterested in the fact Proffi is at L-2, when he claims to know proffi better than anybody, so surely has a view?

In post 99, you said you were particularly good at reading Profii, Saudade and Luca. (As 72offsuit asked you already) Can you please give your thoughts on each so far?

Particularly the first 2, as Profii has the biggest wagon, and I have no earthly idea with Saudade.
In post 232, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 228, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 203, Battle Mage wrote:For clarity, I'm happy with a Proffi lynch today, but no rush on that. :cool:
For now, all I'm willing to say is that profii shouldn't be the lynch D1. I'll get back to this D2, I think.
I think D2 might be a little too late - so sharing now would be grand! :D
In post 233, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 230, UnaBombaH wrote:72offsuit is more likely to flip scum.
They need to bluff to get anything out of that hand anyway, so likely scum.

VOTE: 72offsuit
Someone you believe should not be lynched is at -1, and you're...random voting? Rather than saying why? :eek:

That said, I think if you were buddies with proffi in this spot you would bus him, so Proffi-scum = Unabomba-town
In post 279, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 275, Luca Blight wrote:If there’s a vig you’re the ideal target anyway given your claim.

I’m actually wondering if Profii/Una is s/s after all. Such weird interactions.
Weird interactions? That's some understatement! :lol:

These are my notes:

Proffi getting heat. Una silent.
Proffi getting bandwagoned. Una with weak half-hearted defence.
Under pressure, Una comes up with really bad defence of Proffi
Proffi comes up with weak theory Una is scum (note that Norweg rates this theory).
Proffi suggests if he is town, Vig should kill Una.
Una argues with Proffi about whether he could be bussed (implying he thinks Proffi is scum?)
Una explicitly states he does not want Proffi lynched today.
Una focuses on attacking Norweg, and arguing with Proffi.
Una says don't kill him or Proffi.
Proffi says kill him, instead of Una.

Wow. :eek:

If proffi is scum, would una-scum not just bus him? Una too keen to be seen defending Proffi for me to believe they could be scum together. Una defence of Proffi based on gut and the fact he believes he can read him later - argument to keep himself in the game. Doesn't really justify the strength of his convictions here.

Proffi took opportunity to turn things onto Una with little justification. Comfortable recommending Una was lynched. Then, after wagon had moved to Una, changed his mind, and said it would be better to lynch himself. :shifty:

Interaction of Luca and Norweg interesting. Norweg claiming credit for "strongarming" the Proffi wagon alongside Luca, when I think Luca's argument was overwhelmingly the major factor in that (so when Proffi flips scum, Norweg shares the plaudits). Luca following Norweg off Proffi, onto Una. But Proffi-scum surely means Luca-town, as I can't see why he would go to effort of creating such a strong case against Proffi to then not go ahead with the bus. :cop:

Overall, I'm definitely more comfortable with my Proffi vote. Stronger individual case to be scum, more inconsistent than Una (although slightly more logical), lots of info on relationships to be gained, no risk of outting a power role.

I need to do a read of Norweg later, as a Norweg-Proffi pair is very possible.
In post 281, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 280, Egix96 wrote:
In post 275, Luca Blight wrote:I’m actually wondering if Profii/Una is s/s after all.
Yeah... it may seem like it, but at the same time it feels almost too good to be true...
Una's stance would be a tremendous gamble if he was scum with Proffi. And surely if they were scum together they would be better co-ordinated than this?

Although that may be WIFOM or some other acronym I can't remember? :giggle:
In post 331, Battle Mage wrote:Here is a very rough list of who I'd prefer to lynch today (bottom is best option, top is worst option). Tricky because a lot of reads are dependent on others, and I definitely need a re-read tomorrow.

Order of lynch priority today

Luca Blight
Saudade
Looker
72offsuit
Egix96
Anotora
Riabi
Churros
NorwegianboyEE
UnaBombaH
Zantetsu
profii
In post 677, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 673, UnaBombaH wrote:Yea, Looker is the designated mislynch for scum today apparently.
Think of him as profii 2.0. :]

Norwegian might say whatever he wants about it, but my gutread on profii was accurate, and I wish enough of you guys could've trusted me just a bit more.
I'm comfortable you're probably town. And also Luca and Norweg are probably town. :cop:

Who do you think is scum?
In post 683, Battle Mage wrote:Scum:
Zantetsu
Anotora
Churros

Neutral:
72offsuit
Riabi
Egix96
Looker

Town:
NorwegianboyEE
Luca Blight
UnaBombaH

This is roughly where I am in terms of reads. Interested in exploring the Anotora-Churros relationship as possible partners. I need a re-read of Zant, but outstandingly my top pick for a lynch today.

This progression doesnt make sense to me. How is Una in your town category when in your "Order of lynch priority today" that you posted yesterday Una was your number 2?
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In 233 you say Una is town if Profii is scum, but profii flipped town
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

72 - the short answer is, you're right - I forgot Proffi flipped town. :facepalm:

Can we just start this day over? :lol:

Once we get to the bottom of all these claims, I'll do some proper analysis.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 688, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 686, Luca Blight wrote:I am a town neighbor, my neighbor is 72.

What is your result?
Can confirm, so unless Luca is a scum neighbour, Una is lying.

VOTE: Una
What's a scum neighbour? I assumed this was like a mason, but the whole point of masons is they are confirmed town to each other. So you're saying you confirm Luca's claim, but it doesn't mean he's town? :shifty:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:51 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 688, 72offsuit wrote:

What is your result?
Can confirm, so unless Luca is a scum neighbour, Una is lying.

VOTE: Una
Then just hold the phone. :facepalm:
I am simple. Per the wiki:
Simple is a role modifier that modifies the way in which an active action is used; it causes the action to fail, as though it were roleblocked, when used against a player who is not vanilla. In other words, only Vanilla Townies and Goons of the various anti-town factions will be affected by a Simple action; other players are too complex to be vulnerable.
Meaning that I should've gotten a "no result" from Luca if this is true?
I didn't, I got a result.
I already sent the mod a PM because I had a hunch there might've been a mistake in the result, but if this was really a mod-mistake, I'm done with this game. :facepalm:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:02 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 260, UnaBombaH wrote:It's a complicated thing, but I'm a
simple
man myself.
+
In post 382, UnaBombaH wrote:Bah, that was an inconsiderate post to make, I'm sorry.
I would've been fighting Covid in
Naples
with my luck anyway.. :facepalm:
Simple + Neapolitan (= "a native or inhabitant of Naples").

So if Luca is a neighbour, I should've gotten a "no result". (same for any PR + alignment for that matter)
If Luca were a Vanilla Townie, I would've gotten a "Vanilla Townie" for result.
Instead my result was "not Vanilla". Meaning that with my role-combination the only way I would get that, is if Luca were to be a Vanilla Goon.

I did realize after I had already opened my mouth, that the result I was given doesn't exactly say "not Vanilla
Townie
"
as it should
, which is why I already asked the mod for clarification.
But barring a total mistake in the result I received, Luca is scum. AND considering how 72 already "confirmed" them as neighbours, so would he.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:04 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Townies should hold either lynch until I get a confirmation from the mod.
Afterwards it doesn't matter to me whether you lynch me or Luca if the result was correct, and just missed one word.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 673, UnaBombaH wrote:Norwegian might say whatever he wants about it, but my gutread on profii was accurate, and I wish enough of you guys could've trusted me just a bit more.
You townread town? Wow, i guess that makes you town too!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 681, UnaBombaH wrote:I have a guilty on him?
Barring a mod-error, he is scum. :]
I don't buy this. Full claim what exactly your guilty is or i'm calling bullshit.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 706, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 260, UnaBombaH wrote:It's a complicated thing, but I'm a
simple
man myself.
+
In post 382, UnaBombaH wrote:Bah, that was an inconsiderate post to make, I'm sorry.
I would've been fighting Covid in
Naples
with my luck anyway.. :facepalm:
Simple + Neapolitan (= "a native or inhabitant of Naples").

So if Luca is a neighbour, I should've gotten a "no result". (same for any PR + alignment for that matter)
If Luca were a Vanilla Townie, I would've gotten a "Vanilla Townie" for result.
Instead my result was "not Vanilla". Meaning that with my role-combination the only way I would get that, is if Luca were to be a Vanilla Goon.

I did realize after I had already opened my mouth, that the result I was given doesn't exactly say "not Vanilla
Townie
"
as it should
, which is why I already asked the mod for clarification.
But barring a total mistake in the result I received, Luca is scum. AND considering how 72 already "confirmed" them as neighbours, so would he.
A neighbor isn't a vanilla town. So your "guilty" doesn't prove anything other than him not being a VT or Mafia Goon.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 684, Battle Mage wrote:You're claiming a cop with a guilty on Luca? Well that works for me.

Unvote, Vote: Luca
Can't believe you fell for this. Why did you assume he was a cop?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why was Una so confident on Luca being guilty? As opposed to being a PR? Instead, the instant he get's out of the gate he is encouraging a lynch on Luca. One of the towniest slots in the game. And also shading me.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: UnaBombaH

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 675, UnaBombaH wrote:Battle Mage, join me on the only real wagon today.
I've made up my mind, and I really want to VOTE: Luca Blight today.
If Una is scum then Battle Mage can't be their teammate.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm guessing Una/Looker team. Third i'm not sure yet.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 681, UnaBombaH wrote:I have a guilty on him?
Barring a mod-error, he is scum.
This fucking confidence in a "not VT" result? Yeah no, Una is scum.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Una's play here makes sense as a scum PR. He is basically a scum role cop to make it easier for mafia to kill town power roles. His role doesn't make a lot of sense as a town utility.
He fake claimed to discredit the push on Looker whom i am certain is his scum teammate at this point, and make us lynch Luca instead.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Actually, "fake claim" isn't the right word. I'm sure he is honest about his role and target. But he is not town.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ask yourself this. In a normal setup. Why would town have a role that can detect VT's and PR's?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Una should be lynched for the claim alone, and it's not like he was townie to begin with. Or whether i believe for a second his push on Luca is made in good faith.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

This is where i'm at right now.

Town/Townlean

- Luca Blight (Their push on Profii yesterday was townie. I don't care if Profii flipped town, Luca usually isn't this aggressive about voting their scumreads if he is scum. So i strongly believe in him being town.)
- Churros (Feel much better about the slot ever since they had time to catch up.)
- Battle Mage (The way they've changed their minds on slots reads as a natural progression and is hard for scum to fake.)
- 72offsuit (I liked the vote on Una today, and the reads they've posted. Didn't agree with all of it, but shows effort.)

Null:

- Zantetsu (I need to read this slot more deeply before i can confidently say which alignment they have.)
- Anotora (Saudade the brilliant player, pushed this slot. But i'm not too sure about why he thought they was scummy, so still null for me.)
- Riabi (Generally townie tone, but i'm not too familiar with this players meta, so i'll stay cautious and put them down to null still.)

Scumlean/Scum

- Egix96 (Impossible to read, doesn't have much of an presence. Basically just a slot that needs to be lynched if scum isn't found elsewhere.)
- Looker (Weird posts that i generally don't agree with at all. Logic and reasoning behind their votes don't make much sense. Generally not a lot of townie vibes from the slot.)

Scummier than scum

- UnaBombaH (Self-evident.)

- Bunno
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Looker »

What is your result?
Neighbors, not masons?
In post 670, Luca Blight wrote:I’m thinking there’s most likely one scum on the Profii wagon and two off, given how easy a lynch it was. Looker is the only player on the wagon I’m not currently TL’ing.
My play has been admittedly poor.
In post 681, UnaBombaH wrote:Barring a mod-error, he is scum. :]
Firebringer's track record makes me leery of this.
In post 694, 72offsuit wrote: Looker

Scummy in that he mostly fluff posts, almost no elaboration regarding reasons for votes
Scum read the scummiest looking town player that others were already voting.
Fair.

• @NorwegianboyEE: "Deflection much?" Is that the best you can do?
  • @Battle Mage: I have no way to prove that I didn't.
    • Also, does meta mean 'read' to you or are you actually looking at some of my old games?
  • @Norway: Not Una/Looker - Anotora/NorwegianboyEE/Riabi
    • Also, Una fakeclaiming to discredit a piss-poor push on me is ridiculous. That would be an idiotic tactic, and I think that that was a throw-off conspiracy from you. As scum or town, I'm questioning whether you're even trying.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Looker. I don’t think it’s fair to claim i’m not even trying when i’ve made 50 posts explaining my current thought process. While you have basically been shitposting and throwing out a team of Norwee/Riabi/Anotora with no real explanation of connection. You didn’t even do much to refute my points other than call it idiotic. Also i would like to add that Una never fake claimed anything other than alignment. If you would read my points on him and take a stance rather than this wishy-washy garbage, maybe i’d feel better about your slot and reconsider whether you two really are in league or not.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You literally gave no comment on whether Una is scummy for the reasoning i mentioned. Only explained why a connection between the two of you are ridicolous. Well, why is it? I’ve made my case, you have only blurted out names with no real clarification or attempt at making other players understand your thought prpcess and POV.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”