Zantetsu
Goon
Zantetsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Zantetsu »

In post 773, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 771, Zantetsu wrote:How do you explain his 180 on you then?
Beats me, why don't you ask him yourself?
Why are you deferring to Battle Mage instead of answering the question?
In post 772, Zantetsu wrote:
In post 767, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If he is town then the game should be rather simple though.
How so?
Because that means we lynch you, because you are scum.
That doesn't make the game simple though. There's a lot more game left after D2.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 769, Zantetsu wrote:
In post 765, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 764, Zantetsu wrote:If Una or Luck is scum then he could be trying to protect his scum buddy by diverting from that issue.
Who do you think it is then, assuming this is the case?
Well like I said it seems like an impossible choice
Then why did you suggest it? It's a bit late to be throwing weak shade at me now! I've got ya! :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 775, Zantetsu wrote:Why are you deferring to Battle Mage instead of answering the question?
Are you pushing the burden of proof on me? You're the one that's under suspicion right now, not me. :shifty:
In post 775, Zantetsu wrote:That doesn't make the game simple though. There's a lot more game left after D2.
True, why don't you make things simple and tell us your scum teammates then, so we can wrap things up early?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Zantetsu
Zantetsu
Goon
Zantetsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Zantetsu »

In post 745, Firebringer wrote:
In post 735, Zantetsu wrote:Which if true would mod-confirm Una's role as town and if false would mod-confirm that either Una is lying or Luca/72 are lying, with the greater likelihood being Una lying.

@Mod
: can you please confirm that if Una were town simple neopolitan and if Luca were in a neighborhood, then Una would have gotten a "No Result" result on an investigation of Luca?

Color for mod attention since I am not sure the mod actually reads this game.
I actually do read this game. Anyone who has a question of their role, should pm me.
This doesn't answer the question though. I've been in games where the mod answered rules questions in thread because it's very helpful to all involved. Can you do that please?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 731, Zantetsu wrote:But then the simple modifier would prevent this and give "No Result", since that's what the simple modifier does -- give the same result as a roleblocked action if the target is not vanilla town.
Combine this...
In post 731, Zantetsu wrote:On the other hand ... why would Una claim a guilty on Luca just because he got the result "Luca is not vanilla town" when there is the obvious other possibility that Luca is town with a role?
..with this.
Aren't these contradictory? :lol:
IF Luca is a town-PR, I assumed I would've gotten a "no result" there too?
So the only situation where I get this "not Vanilla (townie)", should mean "is Vanilla Goon", because everything else yields a "no result" or "is Vanilla Town".
RIGHT?!?
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 758, Zantetsu wrote:
In post 740, Battle Mage wrote:Ok well with that somewhat clarified, and in the spirit of the day, I'm claiming as well :lol:
Nothing has been clarified. But nice job trying to pick your moment for this bs claim.
I said "somewhat" clarified, with great respect to your earlier efforts. :wink:
I'm a '
PT Cop
', which means I can investigate people and find out if they are in private threads (which presumably is because we have neighbours and scum).
What a convenient role for you to claim, given that it suddenly has the same effect as a cop given the fact that a neighborhood was just revealed.[/quote]

Well it's more like a convenient time to claim, given you are much less likely to be a mason now (which is the main weakness of my role). :cop:
In post 758, Zantetsu wrote:
Last night I investigated Zantetsu and he came up positive. Given the claims and his reaction seems pretty unlikely he is a neighbour/mason, so he must be scum.
This is complete bs. I could not possibly have come up positive in an investigation by a PT Cop. I am not in any private threads.
Well that was easy!
Confirm Vote: Zantetsu
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 777, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 775, Zantetsu wrote:Why are you deferring to Battle Mage instead of answering the question?
Are you pushing the burden of proof on me? You're the one that's under suspicion right now, not me. :shifty:
I do think it's a valid question, and in a game where all scum players are still alive, I think the idea of only the person who's under the most suspicion being the only one to have to answer questions is silly. Town should be trying to find all scum simultaneously.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:26 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 732, Zantetsu wrote:But then it doesn't seem possible that town!Una actually is simple neopolitan who got a
+
In post 733, Zantetsu wrote:Whoops ignore the last sentence of my last post, it was some garbage that I accidentally left in when writing my post.
Seems like a potential PT-slip from scum. :lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Zantetsu
Zantetsu
Goon
Zantetsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Zantetsu »

In post 776, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 764, Zantetsu wrote:If Una or Luck is scum then he could be trying to protect his scum buddy by diverting from that issue.
Then why did you suggest it? It's a bit late to be throwing weak shade at me now! I've got ya! :lol:
Because 'impossible' doesn't literally mean 'impossible' in this situation obviously. It just means very unlikely. I was asked to give possible reasons for why scum!you would make this fake claim, and I did. Are you saying I should not have answered the question?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Yes, you've made your case Zantetsu. And it's not very convincing. But nobody will blame you for not trying.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 759, Zantetsu wrote:
Jesus Norwegian don't you see how Battle Mage is trying to pocket you here?

He goes from "Now that this is somewhat clarified" in justifying this bs claim to "Can someone explain the Mod error thing to me? Like, if the Mod made an error, does that mean Una is confirmed town? and Luca-72offsuit confirmed neighbours?". Clearly he is just throwing out whatever sentiment he thinks will justify his actions.

I dunno, maybe he is just reaction testing but ... jesus.
This game.
This is pathetic... :eek:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:29 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 736, Luca Blight wrote:He has a hunch there was an error, but rushes forward to reveal his result anyway?
No, I thought I had a guilty on you, and went for the play.
Then went to re-reread my result-PM, because I wanted to make sure there's no wiggle room.
Realized there WAS a small chance for error, and wanted to check it out.
I do not assume it would be my responsibility to double-check my results with the mod.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 737, Luca Blight wrote:I'm also wondering why Una, as Town, would have targeted me anyway? Was he scumreading me D1?
I got a VT/goon -vibe from you, thought you'd definitely not be a PR.
So I assumed I'd get a clear/guilty on you as soon as possible, AND would've protected you in the process.
Yea, my role just gets weirder, and I'll fullclaim once I've caught up and read what the mod has answered.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 781, Riabi wrote:
I do think it's a valid question, and in a game where all scum players are still alive, I think the idea of only the person who's under the most suspicion being the only one to have to answer questions is silly. Town should be trying to find all scum simultaneously.
This is a fair point - would be good to get people's thoughts on who Zant's buddies are likely to be!
In post 783, Zantetsu wrote:
In post 776, Battle Mage wrote:
Because 'impossible' doesn't literally mean 'impossible' in this situation obviously. It just means very unlikely. I was asked to give possible reasons for why scum!you would make this fake claim, and I did. Are you saying I should not have answered the question?
:facepalm: :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 781, Riabi wrote:
Does the question matter? I can't read Battle Mages mind. Maybe he started townreading me based on Profii's flip, maybe he reconsidered me based on his guilty on Zantetsu. Maybe he just thought i wasn't scummy after all.
In the end, the important thing is that he's got a guilty and there is no way we'll not lynch either Zantetsu or Battle Mage today. Although i think it's rather clear i am on the firm side of Zantetsu being scum.

- Bunno
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 778, Zantetsu wrote:
In post 745, Firebringer wrote:
In post 735, Zantetsu wrote:Which if true would mod-confirm Una's role as town and if false would mod-confirm that either Una is lying or Luca/72 are lying, with the greater likelihood being Una lying.

@Mod
: can you please confirm that if Una were town simple neopolitan and if Luca were in a neighborhood, then Una would have gotten a "No Result" result on an investigation of Luca?

Color for mod attention since I am not sure the mod actually reads this game.
I actually do read this game. Anyone who has a question of their role, should pm me.
This doesn't answer the question though. I've been in games where the mod answered rules questions in thread because it's very helpful to all involved. Can you do that please?
Your question isn't a rule question. Its a role/mechanic question. I am answering all role questions via pm to those who have a role they need clarification on.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 788, Battle Mage wrote:This is a fair point - would be good to get people's thoughts on who Zant's buddies are likely to be!
As much as this saddens me to say, assuming Una's weird role actually does confirm Luca being scum. It seems a Luca/Zantetsu scum team might be possible. Although i'd definitely want to lynch Zantetsu first, i believe BM's claim more than Una's right now.

- Bunno
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 791, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 788, Battle Mage wrote:This is a fair point - would be good to get people's thoughts on who Zant's buddies are likely to be!
As much as this saddens me to say, assuming Una's weird role actually does confirm Luca being scum. It seems a Luca/Zantetsu scum team might be possible. Although i'd definitely want to lynch Zantetsu first, i believe BM's claim more than Una's right now.
A Luca-Zant scumteam would be pretty surprising, given how blatantly Zant buddied him on Day 1. (yes I finally got round to that re-read!) :cop:

And where does that leave 72offsuit?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And yeah, Zantetsu's attempt to say Una's result on Luca is just a mod error heavily points towards Luca being scum.
So if Zantetsu scum= Turbo lynch Luca Blight tommorow.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:41 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 792, Battle Mage wrote:And where does that leave 72offsuit?
He could still be town. If Luca flips mafia neighbor, then he is most definitely town. It doesn't make much sense for there to be 2 scums in 1 neighborhood.

- Bunno
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:45 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Oh wow.
I'm going to give you my full role now, and I do not feel bad about the way I acted.
I just think this is a bullshit role to have, compared to the way it works.
I've lost all interest in this game now, because my honest opinion is that my role doesn't work like it "should".
I've consulted the wiki almost ten times after I got my Role-PM, and thought my role works in quite a clear way.
I even made a clear implication to the mod before the game started, about how I assumed my role would work, and he didn't feel like correcting me.

My actual role, and full claim is
Simple Combined Neapolitan Doctor.

My actual result after mod doublechecking is "not Vanilla Townie".
Now, I checked multiple times from the wiki, and it explicitly says
Simple is a role modifier that modifies the way in which an active action is used; it causes the action to fail, as though it were roleblocked, when used against a player who is not vanilla. In other words, only Vanilla Townies and Goons of the various anti-town factions will be affected by a Simple action; other players are too complex to be vulnerable.
MEANING THAT I SHOULD ONLY GET THIS RESULT FROM A VANILLA-MAFIA, RIGHT?!?

Well, now mod has returned to me, and given me an answer.
Since I can't directly quote our PM's, I'm going to paraphrase it next:
My doctor action only works on vanilla town. Sure, makes sense.
But I'm then told that I will still get a "Not Vanilla Town" -result, on anyone that doesn't have a "Vanilla Town" role pm.
WHY?
Why doesn't the Simple-modifier affect on the FIRST ROLE MENTIONED, BUT AFFECTS THE SECOND? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There's still the issue of the last scum though, if we're rolling with a Zantetsu/Luca solve. I'll work with figuring that out at, assuming i get the time.

- Bunno
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:47 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Oh, and the mod also says I will only get "no result" if I'm being roleblocked or the target is ascetic.
But the part I quoted from the wiki in my latest post clearly says that simple would cause my actions to fail if I target someone who is not Vanilla. (alignments aside)
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:49 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

If anyone still thinks I'm somehow bullshitting with a situation and claim this bold, go ahead.
I really am not.
So based on the result alone, I apparently do not have a guilty on Luca after all.
I guess.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 798, UnaBombaH wrote:If anyone still thinks I'm somehow bullshitting with a situation and claim this bold, go ahead.
I really am not.
So based on the result alone, I apparently do not have a guilty on Luca after all.
I guess.
Screw the guilty. Just forget about your role. Can't you see that Zantetsu!scum implicates Luca!scum? No power needed for that.
If you believe Battle Mage then the game becomes rather simple. And if he is lying, we lynch him tommorow. It's not a bad situation for town right now if we follow this plan.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”