Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 3748, Vecna wrote:Can you explain the read on Baezu? That slot is by far the most volatile for me.
That's exactly what I was planning to do.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 3743, Baezu wrote:
In post 3736, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 3730, Eve wrote:don't look at the small details gobbles - you need to see the greater plot
I like you.
Is she implying that turkey isn't town?
I have to say that looking “at the small details” is EXACTLY what Gobbles ought to be doing. That’s how you catch scum - by critically examining the details.

~N
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 3750, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 3748, Vecna wrote:Can you explain the read on Baezu? That slot is by far the most volatile for me.
Baezu is asking a lot of questions particularly that last post. She doesn’t appear to have any agenda.

~N
Infectious stealth hydra

We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:08 am

Post by We are not helping »

In post 3741, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 3731, We are not helping wrote:
In post 3725, Eve wrote:hmm maybe i should sheep my predecessor's reads
this slot is now 100% town

-bitmap
How are you getting this from
that
post? Please explain, thanks.

~N
Idk I don't think scum would sheep RC.

-bitmap
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:10 am

In post 3753, We are not helping wrote:

-bitmap
that

~N

-bitmap
Surely if RC is scum here he has probably laid out an elaborate plan in the scum thread, yes? Wouldn't it make sense to continue pushing those angles?
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 3729, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 3728, Eve wrote:
In post 652, gobbledygook wrote:Oh yay TH is repairing my read on them
oh wrong page i meant page 27 haha
But I posted multiple times on that page
In post 3730, Eve wrote:don't look at the small details gobbles - you need to see the greater plot
@Eve why make this post? Why not just acknowledge that you made a factual error and move on?

~N
Infectious stealth hydra

Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

-bitmap
that

~N

-bitmap
Why not? I seriously don’t get your reasoning for this.
Infectious stealth hydra

We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:13 am

I feel like a scum replacement would move away from RC's normal reads to appease town.

-bitmap
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 3754, Shuichi Saihara wrote:

-bitmap
that

~N

-bitmap
Surely if RC is scum here he has probably laid out an elaborate plan in the scum thread, yes? Wouldn't it make sense to continue pushing those angles?
This is probably the first post of yours so far I’ve actually liked.

~N
Infectious stealth hydra

Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 3757, We are not helping wrote:I feel like a scum replacement would move away from RC's normal reads to appease town.

-bitmap
RC is a scum God, so I really don’t see that.
Infectious stealth hydra

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 3752, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 3750, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
Baezu is asking a lot of questions particularly that last post. She doesn’t appear to have any agenda.

~N
My agenda is to figure out who the scum are. I'm not getting any scum pings from anyone atm. Literally the only person who I'm willing to vote at this point is Lie Ren
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:57 am

I decided to just iso and see what came of it. I always say going back and reviewing the facts of the case can lead to unexpected insights!
In post 83, Baezu wrote:Also, nice to see Mastina is town...town wins!
In post 91, Baezu wrote:RC is conftown this game, guys....look at his liasse faire, I don’t give a shit attitude

Total town meta
In post 265, Baezu wrote:
In post 170, Trojan Horses wrote:This game feels too easy, actually :(
Ok you're town
In post 561, Baezu wrote:
In post 315, We are not helping wrote:
In post 314, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 312, Trojan Horses wrote:Okay, so far I’m liking Mastina, Gobbles and jjh for town.

~Nimda
I cannot work with this at all

so you can either lynch me because I am scum accusing your correct reads or you can agree that these reads might be wrong
oh thank god this slot rolled town

-bitmap
Agreed
As people generally noted at the time, Baezu started the game by handing out townreads like candy. My first thought is that there's not scum motivation here, although I suppose it might be noteworthy that they're coming on influential players who scum would gain a lot from getting on the right side of.
In post 565, Baezu wrote:
In post 332, RadiantCowbells wrote:what do we all think about Baezu townreading a lot of people really early in the game?
My scum reads are actually sircakez and jormun in my game and wonderwall and elmo in the other game
I thought it was interesting that these apparently existed but Baezu didn't feel the need to post about them until questioned. On the one hand, that seems to indicate a lack of agenda, I suppose. On the other, shouldn't you be scumhunting?
In post 747, Baezu wrote:Honestly, I think I'll be able to figure out the Baker later...

But for the love of God, people, this is town RC
I ended up noticing a trend of reads lacking in explanation (I'm writing this having already Q+'d everything I decided might be worthy of comment). I think it's quite possible that this is just a playstyle thing, but I want to start pushing for reasons. Turns out those make it easier to read someone.

Still, if RC is town, which I believe, then I don't think trying to stem the tide of paranoia there is high EV for scum.
In post 860, Baezu wrote:
In post 853, RadiantCowbells wrote:Idk do towny things
But all my towny things come off as scummy dontchaknow
I have some recollection that Baezu is often mislynched, though I don't think I've ever played with her. So this makes sense in that context.
In post 1358, Baezu wrote:
In post 1351, gobbledygook wrote:VOTE: Northsidegal
It is time Christmas folk! Gather your candy canes and evergreen switches! It it is time get rid of one on Santa’s naughty list.
Yay gobble!

Everyone sheep this!
I think this is more likely to be a town take than scum trying to quicklynch town-nsg before she starts playing and obvtowns.

Granted, I'm not as confident about nsgtown as I'd like to be, as she's gone back into hibernation after some solid contributions. But I don't see this as a bus either, so...
In post 2056, Baezu wrote:
In post 2054, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2052, Vecna wrote:
In post 1720, RadiantCowbells wrote:i have literally

nothing in vecnas catchup

that makes me think they are town
Guess youre just not as good as this as you think you are then.

If you cannot read into this level of freeposting my thought process while catching up I guess you'll just have to continue to wrongly scumread me
hilariously fucking stupid post when i am just about the only person who opposes lynching you
I actually also started to think the jormun slot wasn't scum when I saw others reacting to it
If Vecna's slot is town, why give up a free mislynch? I think it makes sense to suspect that of being a scum designated mislynch because the suspicion was so universal, although I do think Jorm's posts were scumtastic and deserved to be scumread. I am a bit of a sucker for evolving reads (you know, those things mastina doesn't have because she's scum).
In post 2251, Baezu wrote:
In post 2240, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 2237, Baezu wrote:How does accusing the towniest player in the game of being scum a town-motivated move?
In fact, can you tell me what makes him the
towniest
player in the game, in your own words? Or are you just saying that because he's consensus townread?
Do you have meta with Gobbles to inform you?
To me he is oozing town. Dunno what to tell you if you cant see it
I really actually liked this being asked for an explanation and not giving a shit. I don't really want it to become a pattern, but it shows some cojones.
In post 3042, Baezu wrote:Can I vote vecna now?
This one can go either way. You can either argue "scum are aware enough of their trajectories to not create sudden diversions, while town don't care" or "baezu forgot/didn't care what read she had expressed previously." I see the former more, since she comes up with a decent enough explanation later. Again, we see her having thoughts but not bothering to share them at the time, which is a bit unusual especially as it's not like she's in immense danger of being townread too much. I suppose it's possible it's all retroactive.
In post 3245, Baezu wrote:
In post 3165, SirCakez wrote:before I respond to some questions aimed at me I just want to say I am very close to PMing the listmods. I'm sick of this argument, it's gone way over the line and I like the players in this game and don't want it to end in replacements and bans.
Agreed
I'm honestly going out of my fucking mind and thinking of replacing out
This came a little out of nowhere.
In post 3246, Baezu wrote:
In post 3182, SirCakez wrote:oh yeah @TH the link between Mastina-Vecna is gamestate from VCs. I think with the wagons at the time competing but neither being sent home it fits.
FWIW I am feeling more and more like vecna scum since he posted when he first joined and we haven't heard from him since
Here's the actual reason a couple hundred posts later.
In post 3536, Baezu wrote:
In post 3525, Vecna wrote:
In post 2246, Baezu wrote:
In post 2235, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 2233, Baezu wrote:RC, could you please give me your reads on cakez?
Can you give me your own reads on Cakez, and after that, on everyone? :P
TH- I keep flip-flopping on this slot...some things they say are town and some are scummy as I recently pointed out

WANH- oka is spamming, FB is his town silly self. I dont think they would do this if they were scum. It draws a lot of attention to that slot

GIF- I thought Bernie was town, haven't played with her so I dont know her meta. If Gif gets in here and posts, I should be able to solidify this read

RC, gobbles- town

Jjh- seems town to me but what do I know

Mastina- another slot I've flip-flopped on. Atm I think she's town because I dont think she loses it like that if she's scum

Farside/amrun- not enough on this slot. Farside should be readable with enough content

Suichi- I've thought he is town. Some of you know his meta better...

NSG - not sure what to think here. I know her and Mastina are not both scum so when I think Mastina is scum then NSG is town and vice versa

Bbmolla - town

Lie Ren- seems town to me

Wonderwall I still think is scum. Ali normally posts lot more when they are town. They have no passion for this game and in their case I think it is AI

Vecna- town and a very likely mislynch. I think because of the jormun slot that didn't post much it would be easy thing for scum to get behind

Elmo- leaning scum because of PoE and their lack of posting

NM- fuck I dont know. They are so good as scum but FWIW I did not think DDL was scum when they left. Truly lost on this one

Cakez- I just think hes scum. I mean, nothing personal. I love the player but too many red flags for me in their ISO

What changed from here Baezu?

Walk me through it please
You started posting. At first I thought you were busy or catching up. But once you started posting, seeing how passive aggressive you're being and picking a fight with RC, etc. You're not being very townie imo
From the perspective of someone who thinks RC is town, it makes sense to be concerned about the excessive attacks against him. Obviously I can sympathize with this viewpoint because I share it. There's a continuation of this thought later when she agrees with me about the Axis Of Seal Clubbing.
In post 3713, Baezu wrote:
In post 3691, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 3686, Baezu wrote:I took a look at that game and all I can come up with is that if RC gets offended or triggered in any way, it's bad news bears for town.

The reason I was really suspicious in the last game with RC was because I had a gut feeling he was scum and he was scum in that game.

This game, I feel like he just got hurt and offended but he didn't feel calculated and methodical. I think he is town.

The other thing I noticed in the game you linked me to was that RC was convinced that skitter was town, when in fact she turned out to be scum. This makes me think that NSG may be scum in this game and its probably good that RC was replaced because he would never have let us lynch her
What does RC being wrong on Skitter have to do with nsg? Why couldn’t he have been wrong on Skitter and right on nsg?
My point is that he tends to tunnel
To a fault
And his pure love of NSG, which is what started his rage in TM would probably have prevented him ever seeing her in truth in this game
This seems like a real thought process, even if misguided. I wish Baezu was pushing harder for an nsg lynch seeing as she apparently wants one, or giving us some more insight as to why she suspects nsg.

Overall, I felt like I had to impute stuff that wasn't actually in here a fair bit. Baezu doesn't seem to, uh, like posting? It's actually pretty barren of content and has a number of questions that don't seem to get followed up on, which isn't great, but I understand it; I too often forget to care about the answers to questions I asked previously. I am still at a townread here but my confidence is weakened. I wonder whether meta would back up this posting style.

@Baezu: Where is your read on nsg at and why?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Baezu »

The reason I'm leaning scum on nsg is partly because of Poe, partly because of the fact that she is a great player who would know how to come across as town if she were scum and partly because of her sporadic posting. (Does she do that a lot? I was under the impression she posts more for some reason)

In regards to not answering questions or giving reasons, I apologize. This game was having an over abundance of content for a bit and I was mostly skimming the pages and pages of 1v1s so I may have missed where people were asking me questions. Also, I am trying a different meta this game so that maybe I can come across more towny as town. I want to be able to contribute to the game and to town cohesion.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:01 am

@jingle how long are night phases?

-oka
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:14 am

In post 3762, Baezu wrote:partly because of the fact that she is a great player who would know how to come across as town
this qualifies as a reason not to townread someone as hard as you might, but idk about a scumread
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Baezu »

I guess it's my paranoia mixed in with wifom
Show

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Jingle »

We are not helping wrote:
@jingle how long are night phases?

-oka
In post 2918, Jingle wrote:
It is now Nighttime in Christmas. You have 48 hours to submit any actions to me. You may continue discussing the game in this thread.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Jingle »

King of the Britons replaces mastina.

Please disregard this.
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is a Parachute.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Baezu »

Hail to the king
Show

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:50 am

Post by SirCakez »

Gl redeeming your slot King lol
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:56 am

More like King of the Getting Lynched Club
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Vecna »

Anyone else playing Ikoria?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:00 am

Post by BBmolla »

I’m back homies what’d I miss
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Baezu »

Some peeps got canned
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Baezu »

Claims were had
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”