Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Something tells me Drixx wouldn't survive Jigsaw.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by pisskop »

what would his trap be? :]
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I dunno. Something tells me something like the Candle code trap. The one where your in a room filled with glass, a candle, and are covered in lighter fluid.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 477, Almost50 wrote:
In post 475, Xtoxm wrote:a50, why are we removing people in hoods from the poe?
Mate, you misunderstand the PoE. It's one of "unclaimed" status. They need to claim whether they are or are not in a hood. That's all I want to know. They are suspicious until they had claimed this (or confirmed the alternative hypothetical statement to be true). I am not saying we should lynch/not lynch based on who is/isn't in a hood.
In post 382, Almost50 wrote:
In post 325, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scumreads: Guilty Lion, Vecna, Xtoxm, BBmolla
Huh? How come Xtoxm & BBmolla are in scumreads when they have claimed no to be in any hoods? I mean, wouldn't they get caught if there is a Traffic Analyst/PT Cop?
Hmmm
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 496, Vecna wrote:Ive only asked you to clarify one thing Drixx:

Did you, or did you not REALIZE that battle mage copied the player list as a joke and represented it as his reads list to mock the person doing it before him.

Because you called it strike two as to why he is scummy.
In post 499, Drixx wrote:
In post 496, Vecna wrote:Ive only asked you to clarify one thing Drixx:

Did you, or did you not REALIZE that battle mage copied the player list as a joke and represented it as his reads list to mock the person doing it before him.

Because you called it strike two as to why he is scummy.
Re-read my post: I called the behavior of posting it in copy-cat style scummy. Like ... the entire emphasis of my comment towards it was on the "monkey see/monkey do" aspect. You can clearly understand my thinking if you take a few moments to read what I typed and think about what produces that content.
Pretty sure Drixx indirectly said “it doesn’t matter”
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 619, Xtoxm wrote:well dave you could talk to me
when you announce to the thread like that without any follow up it seems like you just want to throw shade
There’s a whole page of stuff here you could comment on. Why did you only respond to my post?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 623, Drixx wrote: Attacking someone's mental state is not ever "tame". I'm generally fairly anti-PC as a rule, but I am pretty firmly against personal attacks in mafia. They don't advance the game. They only make it toxic. Please don't defend toxic.
There are a whole bunch of terms for
behavior
which is out of proportion to the threat. A comment on behavior is not a comment about the individual personally. A lot of them are synonyms for "irrational". Interpreting those as comments about mental state is a problem with the receiver, it is not a problem with the sender. I don't buy this for a second as being a real reaction. If it is a real reaction you don't belong on this site at all.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 631, davesaz wrote:
when you announce to the thread like that without any follow up it seems like you just want to throw shade
There’s a whole page of stuff here you could comment on. Why did you only respond to my post?
nothing else caught my interest
is there something in particular you'd like me to comment on
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 633, Xtoxm wrote:
A read would be nice. Perhaps a comment on someone else's read. I'm not all that picky as long as it expresses some kind of opinion on the game.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 575, SirCakez wrote:
Votecount 1.6

Elsa Jay (5) - pisskop, Almost50, iDanyboy, farside22, davesaz
GuiltyLion (3) - Elsa Jay, Albert B. Rampage, Gamma Emerald
iDanyboy (3) - Battle Mage, momo, BBmolla
Vecna (3) - GuiltyLion, Drixx, Hectic
farside22 (2) - xtoxm, GeorgeBailey
Drixx (2) - Vecna, Blake Belladonna
Battle Mage (1) - Morning Tweet

Not voting (2) - Pine, VaultDweller

(expired on 2020-05-01 15:10:00) remain until day end

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to reach a majority.

"Most people are so ungrateful to be alive, but not you, not any more..."
@MOD - a few of these VCs have me voting Vecna when I was actually voting danyBoy, can you fix? Thanks

I kinda like Dany's re-entry back into the thread. I'm not feeling scum there as much, also given A50's explanation of his post.

I also think both Vecna and Elsa Jay are town.

@MorningTweet - honestly, I went back and reread BM's ISO and I can't really justify why I had him so hard town earlier. I think it was because we mindmelded on the first reply to George's push on farside, and then the danyBoy suspicion. But when I read it altogether and look at how he's defending himself against various pressure, I can imagine it being scum.

VOTE: BattleMage

some other slots I'm still not feeling town are Rampage and davesaz
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh and Rampage had that line in there about "maybe GL and davesaz are bussing" and that was entirely illogical, feels like a subtle way to set me up if davesaz flips red
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 619, Xtoxm wrote:it seems like you just want to throw shade
Forgot to mention this is a pet peeve of mine. Making a comment that someone hasn't posted enough material is in no way throwing shade. Throwing shade isn't even a thing. Accusing someone of throwing shade pretty much never means anything other than boo-hoo that guy made a comment about me.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 636, GuiltyLion wrote:oh and Rampage had that line in there about "maybe GL and davesaz are bussing" and that was entirely illogical, feels like a subtle way to set me up if davesaz flips red
Nah, it's a subtle way of lining me up if you flip red. In either case it's totally nonsensical. I suspect he was just saying it to see if anyone would react.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 632, davesaz wrote:
In post 623, Drixx wrote: Attacking someone's mental state is not ever "tame". I'm generally fairly anti-PC as a rule, but I am pretty firmly against personal attacks in mafia. They don't advance the game. They only make it toxic. Please don't defend toxic.
There are a whole bunch of terms for
behavior
which is out of proportion to the threat. A comment on behavior is not a comment about the individual personally. A lot of them are synonyms for "irrational". Interpreting those as comments about mental state is a problem with the receiver, it is not a problem with the sender. I don't buy this for a second as being a real reaction. If it is a real reaction you don't belong on this site at all.
When you talk about it being "real" do you mean the idea that I'm personally offended? Of course I'm not. It generally takes a pretty significant amount of shittery to actually get to me personally. But there are many people who don't play on this site anymore who I really enjoyed playing with, and they don't play here because people were allowed to take a swing at them personally, and if ever they spoke up, people piled on and told them to grow a thicker skin.

So ... as a general rule, I point it out and ask people to do better. When I notice it. Which is much more likely (but not universally) to be when it's aimed at me.

So ... it's real in the sense that I'd prefer people confine attacks to the substance of rhetoric and play ... but it's not "real" in that I'm not feeling like I need to question my sanity because Vecna called me crazy.

Also ... got FINALLY sent home with my equipment for work from home. Hooray.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 634, davesaz wrote:
In post 633, Xtoxm wrote:
A read would be nice. Perhaps a comment on someone else's read. I'm not all that picky as long as it expresses some kind of opinion on the game.
i think farside is scum but its her first game back from hiatus and im not motivated to push it
i wouldnt vote a50 or guiltylion
i could be convinced on other slots
i am intrigued by drixx's 100% success rate assertion and tempted to sheep whenever he gets round to making it
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm reasonably certain this isn't farside's first game back, though the previous game I saw her in might have been where she replaced in.
I'd be interested to hear an updated why on the scumread, whether it's pushed or not. Your vote there is ancient.

How about Elsa Jay? Thoughts on whether the "not trying so what" attitude might be an attempt to be too scummy to be scum?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 637, davesaz wrote:
In post 619, Xtoxm wrote:it seems like you just want to throw shade
Forgot to mention this is a pet peeve of mine. Making a comment that someone hasn't posted enough material is in no way throwing shade. Throwing shade isn't even a thing. Accusing someone of throwing shade pretty much never means anything other than boo-hoo that guy made a comment about me.
ok let me rephrase
i think its scummy that instead of trying to engage me, you chose to draw attention to my lack of content
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by davesaz »

You seem to have used the wrong tense in that comment. ;)
But surely it isn't surprising that I would make a note of a couple people with single digit post counts and say I need to see more from them?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 641, davesaz wrote:I'm reasonably certain this isn't farside's first game back, though the previous game I saw her in might have been where she replaced in.
I'd be interested to hear an updated why on the scumread, whether it's pushed or not. Your vote there is ancient.
well, i dont think her posting has improved, all ive really done this game is try to get a read on her and all her responses felt awkward/forced
nevertheless i am kind of looking to move from her, i dont actually want to lynch her d1, even if thats dumb favoritism
How about Elsa Jay? Thoughts on whether the "not trying so what" attitude might be an attempt to be too scummy to be scum?
my experience with elsa, is that he is someone who prefers scum, and cares less when he is town
my main experience of him being scum is CB, where he fought hard against being wagoned and seemed a lot more invested, so i am inclined to take his dislike of role as genuine, and general uncaring attitude, as a weak indication of town
its also similar to my own feelings abt this game rn and im town so.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

You know ur's time to hit the hay when you glance 2 pages and then can't remember who posted, let alone what they said.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
VaultDweller
VaultDweller
Goon
VaultDweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by VaultDweller »

Caught up again. Nothing really to comment on. Going to ISO the top wagons now.
VaultDweller
VaultDweller
Goon
VaultDweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by VaultDweller »

Elsa's posting so far feels "natural", if that makes any sense. That's a null read from me.
VaultDweller
VaultDweller
Goon
VaultDweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by VaultDweller »

I get townie vibes from GuiltyLion's ISO
VaultDweller
VaultDweller
Goon
VaultDweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by VaultDweller »

Rampage, could you clarify what you mean by Guilty's reads being "phoned in"?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”