Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6200 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 6191, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 6189, Auro wrote:@BooneyTunzExpert: Really nice play with the Piranha gambit!
Thanks, I just improvised it on the spot and I wasn't for sure if anyone would buy it.

I just hate it when people want to lynch town!me for mech or PoE reasons.
that was a really good play.
i was worried for a moment reading it that your fruit was going to kill auro :lol:
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6201 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6182, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 6120, Boonskiies wrote:I really wanted scum to say somewhere they think scum lose.

They got so close.

Had scum had said that, RCEnigma would have been conf town probably. Chronos almost said it, but he said “didn’t we already accept the fact we’re gonna lose?” And Auro saved the day by saying “no, we just blah blah”
I only realised on rereading today that the wording said booneytoonz players saying it forced the post restriction and not contestants. Krazy said something that made me recheck. So like I could have found scum today but I kind of dropped the ball.
The bastard elements of this game, made it impossible to lynch correctly, not when literally had 3 scum mech clears, with one slot literally switching alignments.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6202 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:04 am

Post by chkflip »

That's fair. And someday I hope that maybe we can come to some sort of impasse but, much like Titus and Nero Cain, it may not happen. I accept either outcome.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6203 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Auro »

In post 6200, Xtoxm wrote:i was worried for a moment reading it that your fruit was going to kill auro
I didn't have his fruit! I called bullshit immediately because he sent them to Nancy and KK and JJH...
But BEF is BEF
And Boon is Boon
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6204 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

This is easily the stupidest and least satisfying game since overkill 2 and the scum saying they would not have felt like this game would have been a waste of time if they'd been town feels really fake tbh.

I should probably step back though because boon already knows this is the second time a game has been unexpectedly bastard and that there's no way I would touch one of his games again

Ftr I do sign up for and enjoy bastard games so long as I have a ballpark understanding of whether the game is 'real' or not
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6205 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Auro »

I was fully expecting to get screwed over by some unknown mechanic, e.g someone being informed about me / Sorcerers / Conspire.
I was fine losing if that sorta stuff happened, even if would find it unfair, I told Boon I was enjoying regardless.
Seems like that gonna happen with Dave alive, so, good.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6206 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:10 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 6199, Krazy Katz wrote:
In post 6196, Auro wrote:Do note that Chk wasn't groupscum; he was basically a nerfed SK for most of the game.
Nancy gives a shit about his alignment, I do not. His play was unacceptable regardless of alignment. That his attitude this game was plausible for town-him only reflects how unacceptable his townplay is generally. I am not blacklisting him exclusively because of this game but as aggregate of every game I've seen from him.
This is a 100% fair perspective. I kind of lost my gourd D2 and felt the need to, as you say, angle-shoot to keep up appearences. I've never been as condescending to an entire playerlist as I was here but it certainly is something I will keep in mind moving forward.

To be clear, being that level of asshole wasn't what I meant when I said I play like this regardless of alignment; however, I see and accept your point and will keep that in mind as I move forward on this site.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6207 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Auro »

Will we ever know who Esper is?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6208 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6199, Krazy Katz wrote:
In post 6196, Auro wrote:Do note that Chk wasn't groupscum; he was basically a nerfed SK for most of the game.
Nancy gives a shit about his alignment, I do not. His play was unacceptable regardless of alignment. That his attitude this game was plausible for town-him only reflects how unacceptable his townplay is generally. I am not blacklisting him exclusively because of this game but as aggregate of every game I've seen from him.
While I do see your point and don’t disagree, Chk
knowingly
hurled abuse at a slot he was trying to get mislynched. I think that’s what makes this so over the top egregious for me but I actually wasn’t that mad until he attacked me post-game instead of apologizing for it.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6209 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

Conngrats Auro, Gamma/Chronus, SF, Conspire and Titus.

I still think town was 100% fucked because of bastard mech clears but meh,
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6210 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:19 am

Post by chkflip »

That's also fair. It isn't that I'm not sorry, to be clear, there were several points I had meant to redact or otherwise word differently but didn't. My post-game point wasn't meant as an attack on your person, but again, no handwaving. Just because it wasn't my intention doesn't mean that it didn't hurt you personally.

I'm sorry.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6211 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 6204, Krazy Katz wrote:This is easily the stupidest and least satisfying game since overkill 2 and the scum saying they would not have felt like this game would have been a waste of time if they'd been town feels really fake tbh.
i don't think i said anything like that, i think it would have been painful as town and i said the mason should not have been scum.
maybe even just remove the ability for conspire to turn from town and the game looks fine? town is pretty stacked.
i think the rest is fine.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6212 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:25 am

Post by davesaz »

A whole lotta stuff gets called "personal" and "abuse" which simply isn't from a 3p point of view. Most people don't know your life story, and many are likely to not be thinking about it if they do know about it.
There are some players who don't have English as a first language, and a whole lot of players who have lived a long life in a different idiom from what you're used to.
Extreme sensitivity is a problem. Tantrums are a problem. They make the game unfun for the people who have to watch them.

Those things said, I do not in any way condone exploiting sensitivity. If the person using terms that are taken the wrong way by the recipient
knows
the term is sensitive, then that's unacceptable.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6213 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6204, Krazy Katz wrote:This is easily the stupidest and least satisfying game since overkill 2 and the scum saying they would not have felt like this game would have been a waste of time if they'd been town feels really fake tbh.

I should probably step back though because boon already knows this is the second time a game has been unexpectedly bastard and that there's no way I would touch one of his games again

Ftr I do sign up for and enjoy bastard games so long as I have a ballpark understanding of whether the game is 'real' or not
I did have fun but it 100% sucks knowing my alignment was fucked because of not realizing there were bastard elements in this game.

For all Chk did, he still didn’t ruin the game for me like A50 did. If Chk is genuinely sorry for the things he said to me post-game I may reconsider the blacklist but it is 100% disgusting to do that as scum is my opinion but the most unacceptable part was his reaction post-game. It’s not just that he was toxic and insulting, it was that he was constantly instigating and provoking me, yet blaming me for eventually losing it on him. When I thought he was frustrated town doing that, genuinely wrongly sr me off of AtE, it didn’t seem as horrible but for him to justify that post-game and attack me, is just beyond grotesque.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6214 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

Town had dave's role and that was literally it

How was that stacked? Because it had a full bastard masonry and a million things none of which were explained, could be explained, or could be inferred?

Town had jack shit

My role wasn't even supersaint, I was just a miller if you read it
We had a bastard virus that actively confused roles against rolecard
We had a bastard masonry
We had a doc that had to go half the game before he could do anything
We had a universal sticky fruit vendor

And we had rce who could have gotten a guilty I guess but chose not to?

And dave

I'm sorry but there was *way* more obnoxious bastard elements than there was town power in an 11-6 ratio
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6215 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6210, chkflip wrote:That's also fair. It isn't that I'm not sorry, to be clear, there were several points I had meant to redact or otherwise word differently but didn't. My post-game point wasn't meant as an attack on your person, but again, no handwaving. Just because it wasn't my intention doesn't mean that it didn't hurt you personally.

I'm sorry.
I know I have things to work on and I’m no angel but you kept on instigating and provoking me and I did tell you that my best friend recently had died and you showed me 0 compassion for that, so you attacking me post-game all things onsidered, really did hurt me, because it read like you had 0 respect for me as a human being and winning is everything to you, so long as you literally don’t break site rules, ethics be damned pretty much,

There are certain things I just won’t do as scum and if I always apologize if I think I might have. Scum have feelings too and it’s human to get tilted irrespective of alignment but you knowingly deathtunnelled me in an extremely toxic way as scum, is the crux of my issue with it. Ftr, I think you are a good person to have this reaction but I still don’t know if I can feel safe in a game with you if you think it’s ever acceptable doing that as scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6216 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

town also had a billion cops, and 3 guaranteed cop checks with the barbs
and a bunch of confirmable roles
and all of scum powers were like, nothing
the only good thing we had was my rolestop and it was locked behind me being put at L-1 which never happened

@VM thanks :)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6217 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 6216, Xtoxm wrote:L-1 which never happened
and surviving*
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6218 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I was very satisfied with Overkill 2.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6219 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6214, Krazy Katz wrote:Town had dave's role and that was literally it

How was that stacked? Because it had a full bastard masonry and a million things none of which were explained, could be explained, or could be inferred?

Town had jack shit

My role wasn't even supersaint, I was just a miller if you read it
We had a bastard virus that actively confused roles against rolecard
We had a bastard masonry
We had a doc that had to go half the game before he could do anything
We had a universal sticky fruit vendor

And we had rce who could have gotten a guilty I guess but chose not to?

And dave

I'm sorry but there was *way* more obnoxious bastard elements than there was town power in an 11-6 ratio
Yes, it was objectively even more antitown than Overkill 2, because bastard mech clears made this game virtually unwinable for town, Had BTE’s role been EXACTLY what he claimed and sent that fruit to everyone left in the game, it might have balanced it out.

@BTE, ever consider designing a game? If you do, please sign me up. <3
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6220 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Boonskiies »

To be fair, I think it’s been established I’m very anti mech clears in general.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6221 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6216, Xtoxm wrote:town also had a billion cops, and 3 guaranteed cop checks with the barbs
and a bunch of confirmable roles
and all of scum powers were like, nothing
the only good thing we had was my rolestop and it was locked behind me being put at L-1 which never happened

@VM thanks :)
I think the entire scumteam minus Chk played honourably. I don’t even have a problem with the angle shooting but literally non-stop attacking someone’s character you are trying to drive a mislynch on, isn’t okay in my book.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6220, Boonskiies wrote:To be fair, I think it’s been established I’m very anti mech clears in general.
But having the exact opposite of that fucks town, We could never have gotten any of the remaining scum lynched besides Chk.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6218, Boonskiies wrote:I was very satisfied with Overkill 2.
Mine and Krazy’s issue with that is A50 giving you the backup amnesiac cop slot but at least town had a chance. With literally 2/3 scum mech cleared, we had no shot.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6224 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 6220, Boonskiies wrote:To be fair, I think it’s been established I’m very anti mech clears in general.
could you explain how all the items worked?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”